[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blood type patch.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 12

File: SAM_0474[1][1].jpg (209KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_0474[1][1].jpg
209KB, 1600x1200px
Why the FUCK do even real soldiers fall for this meme?
It's not like anyone will give you a blood transfusion in the field, and if you're handled in the trauma center, they have to give you a blood type test anyway before transfusion, that's the rules, nobody will give a fuck about what's written or what faggy patch you have on your outfit.
>>
Blood transfusions in the field are real you stupid fuck, join the military and find out you silly little school boy bitch
>>
>>33215517
Free extra IR tab
>>
my colonel has one of those patches
i think they´re pretty practical for the same reasons we put penicillin allergy on dog tags
>>
>>33215530
>Blood transfusions in the field are real you stupid fuck
No they are not, you stupid fuck.
> join the military and find out you silly little school boy bitch
>school boy bitch
I was, and please don't illustrate your pedophilia tendencies in here.
>>
>>33215610
Pretty sure blood transfusions are something they do on medevacs
>>
>>33215610
you type like someone who´s never held a gun
>>
>>33215625
Plasma, not blood.
>>
>>33215637
You sound like a very unintelligent person.
Imbecilic people have a tendency to rush into conclusions based on very limited date, and than to claim those personal, subjective conclusions as steady facts.

Anyway, moving on...
>>33215625
>>33215647
I found this: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23820353
Reading now.
>>
>>33215517
This

They stopped even using fucking hextend in Afghanistan because fucktarded boots were pumping fuckers full of it, y'know, the reason WHY hextend was invented, because people were being pumped with like 8 liters of saline. So now they've just said fuck it and give Ringers.

People aren't getting packed RBCs until they're in a cash at least, not the least of which because even if the blood types ARE correct, someone can still have an allergic reaction that will fucking kill them in the field.
>>
>>33215517
In an extreme situation you can, and in older wars they did, do direct donation + transfusions in the field.

In recreational wars where almost no good guys get hurt and medical facilities aren't overhwhelmed and you are American, it's not necessary.

Generalizing about every war is stupid. Generalizing about every military is stupid.
>>
>>33215610
Ok, will then you served in some shitty big army unit. SOF identified soldiers with OPOS low titer blood, and they carry a transfusion kit in their kit so that dudes with higher med training can perform transfusions in the field. I KNOW THIS BECAUSE I CARRY ONE OF THE KITS YOU STUPID FAGGOT
>>
Rather have it than not. Funny that 4channers think sneaky breeky meme patches are OK but advertising your blood type to medics is not.
>>
>>33215859
>Funny that 4channers think sneaky breeky meme patches are OK but advertising your blood type to medics is not.
Both are fucking retarded, with king of autism being that "inna woods" feces.
>>
>>33215686
Fresh blood transfusions are the way to go today. At least spec-ops/ranger medics are trained to do it and army and other branches cant be too far behind.
Clear fluids do jack shit in patient who has lost large amounts of blood. Even hextend and other volume multipliers are only so helpful. Nothing carries oxygen except for RBCs.
>>
>>33215846
PLASMA NOT BLOOD YOU FICKING BUMBFUCK
>>
File: IMG_20170101_101645.jpg (39KB, 271x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170101_101645.jpg
39KB, 271x400px
>>33216053
>FICKING BUMBFUCK
>>
>>33216053
No you dumb nigger. FWB, meaning FRESH WHOLE BLOOD. You speak of things you do not know. FDP and TXA are great, but FWB is what saves lives when evac isn't an expedient option. So just stfu and take the L on this one
>>
>>33216025
This guy gets it. It's the way of the future, and the regular army and other branches will be following suit in the near future I'm sure. OP just needs to stfu and admit that's he's a tard.
>>
>>33215610
As of 05 they were, I am O neg and got the blood bag nickname well before mad max as part of a medical unit. It was rare, and a last resort kind of deal since you're going to have one less healthy soldier for whatever needs doing. There were several times ground casevac met with a prepped medivac (on occasion with blood) and an extra doc to sit at a casualty collection point if there was something going majorly wrong.
>>
>>33216221
>As of 05 they were, I am O neg and got the blood bag nickname well before mad max as part of a medical unit.
Heh.
>>
>>33216158
This fag gets full autistic over a patch that has no effect on anything he does. What makes you think he'll ever accept he's wrong about something?
>>
>he doesn't put his blood type on his boots
>>
>>33215530
This. I got training as a field medic, and it includes transfusion. We also had a guy on our team that was AB+, which was good for all the other guys, not too good for him, but still. Bloodtype patches is handy in larger teams, in smaller teams with people you know, there's a good chance you know everyone's bloodtype.
>>
>>33215610
Blood transfusions are real, you were never in the military, fight me fegit
>>
>>33216535

You actually put your dogtags in your left boot which has your blood type on it.
>>
>>33216593
>We also had a guy on our team that was AB+, which was good for all the other guys, not too good for him, but still.

Do you mean he was O-?
>>
>>33216053
REEEEEEE PLASMA REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Im AB pos so i guess it really doesnt matter. Hell they could guess and still be right. Nice....
>>
>>33215610
Air Force Security Forces doesn't count
>>
>tfw O+
>>
File: 1487355799218.jpg (112KB, 644x527px) Image search: [Google]
1487355799218.jpg
112KB, 644x527px
>>33216614
O+, I always mix up because my dad was O+ and I got A+.
>>
File: 1486466437606.jpg (105KB, 550x477px) Image search: [Google]
1486466437606.jpg
105KB, 550x477px
>>33215517
>>33215530
>>33215610
>>33215637
>>33215647
>>33215661
>>33215846
>>33215859
>>33216053
>>33216125
>>33216158
>>33216517
>>33216606
>>33216627
if you cock holes ware a bit more polite to each other, this could have been an interesting thread.
Not OP but I also wondered if blood type badges are just a geardo meme.
>>
You mean the guys that come fresh out of his with no life experience who waste their sign on, wear skulls masks and punisher skulls and often have trouble adjusting to life afterwards.

Takes a while before the professional part of professional soldier kicks in
>>
File: didus gross.jpg (48KB, 480x740px) Image search: [Google]
didus gross.jpg
48KB, 480x740px
>>33215610
spotted the stolen valor fag
>>
>>33215517
you might get evacced to a hospital that can't check for whatever reason.
idk what's a good reason not to do it?
>>
>>33217642
You could be dead on the battlefield and a friendly soldier with a damaged jacket picks up your jacket and puts it on, gets wounded in more fighting and receives the wrong kind of blood because of your patch and dies.
>>
>>33217781
What kind of a scenario is that? I've never heard of a first world military that would employ something like that, picking uniforms off of dead friendlies? Wtf?
>>
>>33217781
>ou could be dead on the battlefield and a friendly soldier with a damaged jacket picks up your jacket and puts it on

Hey Vatnik, the US military might be cheap about what they out at CIF but it isn't Soviet Red Army tier. You get issued more than one combat uniform. You can also end up with more than one set of cold weather gear depending on theater issue (at least before OCP became the standard), if you get goretex on top of the normal cold weather jacket, and the fleece jacket.
>>
>>33216593
Why would ab+ be bad for him? He can take any blood type in an emergency
>>
Some westerners wore those in Northern Iraq. Pesh would take notice, and buy a shitton of blood-type patches to put on their uniforms.
One dude I saw had 5 of them on his uniform velcro, all different types.

Never wore one after that.
>>
>>33215517
>I don't know what a nine line is
Ftfy
>>
But it looks cool.
>>
Don't dogtags have bloodtype?
>>
>>33215610
uh yes they are, combat lifesaver courses teach you how to do iv and transfusions in the field,as soldiers were bleeding out before medics could get to them, what branch,unit? cause your talking out yer ass,unless you were in like vietnam or something
>>
>>33215686
then why the fuck dids we get trained to do just that in the field? oh yeah we were in the military....
>>
File: 2017-03-06-18-10-07.png (597KB, 1079x1919px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-06-18-10-07.png
597KB, 1079x1919px
Did you do this shit, OP?
>>
>>33218739
>Pesh would take notice, and buy a shitton of blood-type patches to put on their uniforms.
>One dude I saw had 5 of them on his uniform velcro, all different types.

Lol I'd love to hear the guy explain why he did this. It's probably West Africa "a tie over my tank top makes me professional and a life vest makes me invincible" tier.
>>
File: hecouldsaveothers.gif (1MB, 245x175px) Image search: [Google]
hecouldsaveothers.gif
1MB, 245x175px
>tfw im O-
>>
>Blood type patch

HIV+
>>
>>33221108

>it turns out he's AB+

there's a 3% chance he could take any blood.
>>
>>33216698
No O- is the universal donor.

The reason I was taught and the way I remember it is that O is a 0 because it lacks A and B antigens. Its negative because it is Rhesus negative, meaning it lacks the D antigen.

Though there are a shit ton of other factors (35 - 50 depending on whose counting) that can potentially ruin your day but aren't urgent enough to not give blood. A transfusion reaction is easier to fix than death.
>>
>>33217781
If you're in a military that means you're at risk of injuring another soldier because they rely on the patches, that means you need the god damn patch so they know what type to give you if you're injured.

If you don't need the patch to tell them, then the friendly soldier isn't risk at all.

Can't have both friendo.
>>
>>33215610
>I was

Prove it.
>>
>>33216011
>Hatin on innawood meme
Guess you hate nuggets too?
>>
>>33216221
They sent me to afgahnistan with the wrong bloodtype on my dogtags. It took them 4 months to get them fixed
>>
File: what_the_FUCK_is_this....png (315KB, 622x474px) Image search: [Google]
what_the_FUCK_is_this....png
315KB, 622x474px
>>33217781
Lol what? What modern day established army is going to be taking jackets off fallen comrades?
>>
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the field corps, and I’ve been involved in numerous SOF triages, and I have over 300 confirmed blood transfusions. I am trained in trawma care and I’m the top medic in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another blood bag. I will patch you the fuck up with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words.
>>
>>33224477
Poor as fuck countries or guerillas might do that
>>
>>33217060
fuck off back to tumblr you hook nose kike faggot cuck. This is a board for MEN.
>>
>>33221991
stay positive, desu
>>
>>33215517
I'm not military but I know a lot of cops in my dept. have them on their boots or stenciled on their vest. And a few months ago we had to go through tourniquet training so now we have to carry one on our belts with a blood type velcro keyholder. Next month they're going to issue us cpr masks and ifak for each patrol vehicle and a first aid kit for our belts, and those shirts with the fucking cameras in the center of them that have like a 3 hr battery life and send out an emergency alert when you bend over to pick shit up or tie your shoe.

My job sucks.
>>
>>33226918
>Insulting strangers on the internet
Very manly, very brave, you must be a real tough guy.
>>
>>33229793
For you
>>
>>33218448

yeah

>>33216593

AB+ is the universal recepter. He'd be fucked if he were the only O+ type because O+ can only receive O+
>>
>>33230153
Wrong.jpg
Rh neg can give to + but only receive neg. O neg is universal giver, AB+ is universal receiver. O neg is worst group to be in from that perspective.
>>
>>33215517
>he didn't see Black Hawk Down
>>
>>33217781
That's an impressive amount of autism even on 4Chan.
>>
>>33215517
>It's not like anyone will give you a blood transfusion in the field
t. edgy teenager
>>
>tfw AB+
>>
>>33229391
maybe stop being a fascist pig and then your job won't suck?
>>
>>33230414
you got it good bro,enjoy never worrying about dying to blood loss
>>
>>33226918
>/k/
>Men
I dunno what /k/ you've been on but it sure is shit isn't the one I know.
>>
>>33230472
How bout you eat my ass, commie faggot wannabe?
>>
>>33215517
Lets put it this way. When you're on a chopper back to who gives a fuck, what fo you want? A $1000 bag of 0 neg? Or your actual blood type that they got off your patch.

Your arguments all seem to be based around a situation you had. Maybe you're a fag whose never seen combat? Maybe you're butthurt because you joined, but they pulled everyone out. Who knows?

OP's still a fag.
>>
These stupid little patches are a red flag when you're trying to discern who is a real badass, pipe hitting motherfucker and who is just some amateur playing dressup in daddy's work clothes. I have never and would never wear one of these stupid things on an op, and I've never met an operator in my line of work who would. You think any medic worth his salt would will just read your patch and take your word for it? This isn't fucking Battlefield of Duty, bozos. This is the real fucking deal, and if you ever want to earn the right to call yourself a real warrior like me then you'd best get your shit together and realize it. Your dumb little patch won't save you. Your newest whizzbang attachment for your rifle won't save you. What will save you is your fucking training and the advice of older guys like me who have been doing this shit since you were in your daddy's ballsack. Take that stupid crap off your gear and get your damn head in the game.
>>
>>33226918
>This is a board for MEN.
>proceeds to act like a whiny manchild

Well, like a wise anon once said, "taking everything as ironic, even the ironic".
>>
>>33215517
Combat medic and I worked in a forward location that took in immediate medecavs that couldn't wait for a major theater hospital or wouldn't survive the flight to landstuhl.

We will and have done transfusions based on a patch being fixed to your person. The army even issues your helmet band with your laundry number and blood type. You also put a dog tag in your boot laces for this reason.

The op is the perfect example of autistic rage screaming about something he has no idea about. He believes that something he thinks is the end all be all and can't comprehend he is wrong.
>>
>>33230761
Oh don't shoot me massuh.
>>
>>33232239
holy shit lol.
it's like the fucking shadowspear forums in here.
>>
>>33215517
>Why the FUCK do even real soldiers fall for this meme?

Because medics can and will give you an in-flight transfusion based off of it.
>>
>>33232338
>>33232794
This.
>>
>>33218448
>>33230153
I don't think you guys know how this works.
>>
>>33215517
AB-
Rarest blood type.

I have donated blood three times in my life. High-School (senior 18yrs old), twice while in college. In 1999 I was ejected from a rolling vehicle and spent 10 months in a hospital and have over two dozen operations and have had countless blood and plasma transfusions.

Donate blood, you fucks.

BTW, they don't accept my blood anymore because of all the transfusions.
>>
>>33215530
You carry a supply of fresh/cooled blood in your First Aid bag, you fucking imbecile?
>>
>>33232239
I bet you have a big cock, and fuck supermodels too.
>>
>>33232239
>You think any medic worth his salt would will just read your patch and take your word for it?
This.
>>
Who /A NEG/ here?
>>
>>33236810
>You think any medic worth his salt would will just read your patch and take your word for it?

This isn't a civilian setting, there's no time to waste on a blood test when someone is missing a limb and is peppered with shrapnel.

If you're so retarded that you put on the wrong blood type on purpose or you legitimately don't know and still put one on it then you deserve to fucking die.
>>
File: original.jpg (560KB, 4000x6000px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
560KB, 4000x6000px
>>33216158
>FRESH WHOLE BLOOD

FWB is the keyword here.
I see a lot of people claiming to be medics in here, and a typical 4chan shitstorm has taken place, but the main question is:

Are Fresh Whole Blood transfusions done in the field executed based on BLOOD TYPE INFO TAKEN FROM THE SOLDIERS PATCH, or through some other means, like compact field blood type tests? Or from issued dog-tag.
Perhaps the best method was the one used by SS - tattooing blood type on the body in a designated, state-approved spot.
The blood patches ARE a meme beyond doubt.

https://www.army.mil/article/149250
>FORT BENNING, Ga., (May 27, 2015) -- The 75th Ranger Regiment has been working toward incorporating the use of fresh whole blood into the arsenal of Rangers pre-hospital providers in combat.
That's 2015, so it's pretty fresh.

>Fisher said the safest way to administer FWB in the pre-hospital setting, where the risk of error in matching donor and recipient blood types is highest, is to screen Type O universal donors before the battlefield.
That validates what some guys, universal donors, wrote.
And it seems that criticism of the blood-type patches isn't something OP made up in his gaping anus.

More read:
J Trauma. 2006 Jul;61(1):181-4.
Fresh whole blood transfusion: a controversial military practice.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16832268

Risks associated with fresh whole blood and red blood cell transfusions in a combat support hospital.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17828033
>CONCLUSIONS:The risk of infectious disease transmission with FWB transfusion can be minimized by rapid screening tests before transfusion.
>rapid screening tests before transfusion.
I'm curious on what that is, and if it can be applied in the field.

Emergency whole-blood use in the field: a simplified protocol for collection and transfusion.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24365879
>>
guys
I have no fucking clue what blood type I am
>>
>>33237229
are you an american?
>>
>>33237229
Go donate blood. You save lives, get a cookie and juice, and they'll tell you your blood type.

Assuming you're in a first world nation, not some backwater where they'll give you HIV by reusing needles.
>>
>>33215517
That's not a blood type patch. It's a patch that said he wants to b pozzed up by a huge load in his boipucci.
>>
>>33230251
>Bleeding out due to a botched medical job of repairing an artery is the same as a transfusion.
>>
>>33237261
Nice joke my man, it says the blood type on the certificate.
>>
>>33237181
underrated post
>>
>>33215517
>It's not like anyone will give you a blood transfusion in the field

I think the patches are relevant in a WW3 scenario where such things WOULD be prone to happen, but for modern low intensity warfare and one guy getting shot means you have a helicopter fly in to bring his ass to a hospital? They are useless.

There are situations where they COULD be useful and they don't hurt. Why care?
>>
>reeeee
>Reeeeeee
>REEEEEEEEEEEE
>ReEEEEEEEeeEeeeeEe!!!!!

Kbyeguiz
>>
>>33238072
Go back to /b/
>>
>>33215517
>>33238059
>There are situations where they COULD be useful and they don't hurt. Why care?

Yeah, stop being a faggot OP
>>
>>33238059
>There are situations where they COULD be useful and they don't hurt. Why care?
>and they don't hurt.

Read this post please:>>33237181
Thank you.
>>
>>33217060
This desu. Everyone here is at everyone elses throat all the time for no reason.
>>
File: jemhadar_no.gif (3MB, 200x170px) Image search: [Google]
jemhadar_no.gif
3MB, 200x170px
>>33217060
>>33216011
>>33215517
>Why the FUCK do even real soldiers fall for this meme?
>even real soldiers

I can tell you a blood type patch makes complete sense for city geardos or law enforcement. Soldiers operating in the field may or may not have access to specific blood types for field transfusions, and no anon is going to tell us for certain one way or another. Even if a med publication is found (doubtful, anons are lazy), local commander policy may override it.
>>
>>33238146
>or law enforcement.
Why does it make sense with law enforcement?
They will always be minutes away from hospital, where they can determine their blood type using standard methods in no time.
>>
>>33238120
So your only argument is that in peace time conflict they are shit?

Or in other words, you agree with me?
>>
>>33238161
Well, I'm reading those articles anons posted, about use of FWB... They do make sense when it comes to using a designated universal donor, but regulations on how the medics determine blood type in the field are nowhere to be found, at least I couldn't find them.

So we still don't know, if professionals do blood transfusions in the field based on info on the patches, or not.
It would seem that they don't, that they only use blood from universal donors.

So, I dunno, man, I mean, it's not up to what we "think" is good, it's about science & practical experience of designated professionals with field experience, right?

Nobody will deny that all the geardos, mall-ninjas & airshit babies spam their velcros with blood-tags, right?
>>
>>33238203
>but regulations on how the medics determine blood type in the field are nowhere to be found

It's because what we have defined as "war" over the past few years isn't actually war. Blood Type patches really come into play in a massive war that stretches logistical capabilities.

What we define as war is really a paid vacation these days in comparison to WW2 type conflicts. If we had a balls to the wall, all out conflict I think you would see the rate of in field transfusions go from "virtually never" to "rarely" - which is justification enough to have them.

I think at this point you need to really go one of two ways - outright ban that shit across the entire military, or establish formal protocols to wear the patch among other things (confirm that your dog tags aren't wrong as well)

In field transfusions from a donor are a last ditch effort, but I'm sure you could appreciate that as a war gets more and more, for lack of a better word, involved... That the probably of just wanting to desperately pump a guy full of whatever you have on hand goes up.

Every response in this thread, and other threads, is always "AYYYY lmao they will take you to a hospital and give you insanely valuable universal donor blood!" Which works in Afghanistan, but maybe not while fighting Putin or a 40 million man Army caliphate
>>
>>33238238
>Type patches really come into play in a massive war that stretches logistical capabilities.
Yes that I agree with you on, naturally.
>>
>>33238146
blood type makes sense in field transfusions which are rare as fuck or a little FOB where you pre-screen donors who will only give blood if a person of same blood type is dying at the FOB.
>>
>>33238203
TMCs can always determine blood type.

I don't know if smaller detachments can. I think even medevac crew can test for it.
>>
>>33238238
most units I know of have their blood type embroidered on the camouflage retaining band on the helmet.

Otherwise just dog tags
>>
File: transfusion.jpg (56KB, 514x379px) Image search: [Google]
transfusion.jpg
56KB, 514x379px
>>33215610
>>
>>33229391

Someone upwind started investing in a lot of gear all of a sudden. I'm glad you are getting it. What kind of losses have you had lately in your dept?
>>
>>33237300
Don't assume that just because something is done where you live that it's done everywhere. My blood type isn't on my birth certificate and I don't 100% know it. I can't donate blood because of my medication that i'm on and doctors won't give blood type testing unless you will likely need a blood transfusion in the future for an operation so you can have your own blood prepared.

The only reason I think i'm A+ is because some nursing students at my university were giving blood type tests in a lobby. I wouldn't exactly trust that with my life.
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.