[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 1103.jpg (27KB, 825x195px) Image search: [Google]
1103.jpg
27KB, 825x195px
My dad got me a Ruger 10/22 for my birthday. I dont know shit about guns, what are some cool accessories I can add to this for fun obviously. I have a p2000, and a Remington 12 Guage as my other guns.
>>
tech sights
bx 25 mags
ammo
>>
>>33213735
just get the bx25's and call it good OP. No need to mall ninja it up
>>
Honestly 10/22s are fine as they are.

If you wanna mall ninja it up though, be my guest.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/3357567408/archangel-nomad-folding-rifle-stock-system-with-magazine-ruger-10-22-synthetic-black
>>
Get a thread adapter to put an "ATF APPROVED DEVICE" on the end without having to make any changes to the barrel
>>
>>33213735
Seconding Tech Sights and Ruger BX25 magazines.

Also, there's been a lot of talk about taking silencers off the NFA recently, even an act that's being worked on, so we might be seeing deregulated silencers within 2 years, maybe even 1, and if this happens I suggest you go buy one, .22LR suppresses quite decently.

I guess something else you could consider would be some kind of optic.

Personally my first instinct is to put a bipod on the rifle (for bench shooting), but I don't know if there's a point on the factory stock where you can attach one.
>>
Bumparoonie
>>
>>33213735
I would definitely say Tech Sights if you don't like the sights it comes with, like I didn't. I got a 10/22 in an M1 Carbine style stock with the peep sights that are very similar to Tech style ones and I love them

Additionally there are a lot of different stock choices, if you don't love the one it comes with, try out a few different styles that interest you. I liked the Tapco Intrafuse and that Dragunov style stock in my time of trying all sorts of shit.

Then of course if you're into optics put your favourite one on there. I had a reflex sight for a while and a 3-9x scope at various points that I liked.

>>33213820
These stocks are also really neat, but be warned about the magazines, they are quite possibly the worst design I've ever used. All of my friends had decentish luck with theirs.
>>
>>33213735
If you want to go as basic bitch as possible with a full upgrade:

Houge OverMolded stock - $75
Volquartsen Extractor - $10
Kidd bolt handle & spring - $25

For optics:
Tech Sights if you want to stick with irons - $60
Bushnell TRS-25 if you want a red dot - $90
Nikon or Vortex if you want a scope - $100 + another $30ish for rings
>>
>>33213735
Since everyone has already suggested aftermarket sights (tech-sights are not your only option btw), I would suggest getting a gunsmith to install some sling swivels and then get a sling of your choosing.
>>
>>33213735
I just recently put tech signts on mine, ts100 after research, and am perfectly happy with the rifle now. The increased sight radius has made a huge difference. And not fighting with the little card on the rear sight is wonderful.

There are other options but you can see they are well regarded by this group.
>>
>>33213735
Don't do anything to it man it will mean alot to your dad. You won't understand what I mean now, you will when y'all are both older.
>>
File: IMG_6300.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6300.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>33213735
Buy an automatic bolt release and extended mag release, both are cheap but make the gun a lot more enjoyable. Wrestling the mag out is a pain.

Beyond that tech sites are a great option, if you already know how to shoot a scope isn't bad either. I've got a Nikon Pro Staff and it's fantastic.

Houge overmold stocks are pretty basic but well received. I'm actually not a huge fan of mine though, I wish I had a longer length of pull and place to mount a bipod.

If you really want to go all in you can get a bull barrel, green mountain makes good ones at a reasonable price. Just be aware that getting the stock barrel out is a fucking bitch. It'll help to have a heat gun around.

Bottom left is the group I was shooting after getting zeroed in at 50 meters yesterday.
>>
>don't know shit about guns
>already own 2
>asking about accessories for one of the most common brands ever
What the fuck is even happening here
>>
>>33213735
Sell it and get a useful caliber
Unless you like eatin rabbit I guess
>>
>>33213741
>>33217097
>>33217130
this

link to diy the sling swivels:
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=516980
>>
File: 20170117_0472.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
20170117_0472.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>33217411
IDK why everyone says the mag release is so bad.

Literally never had a problem with it.
>>
>>33217793
I suspect the bietus has robbed some people of the necessary feeling in their fingers.
>>
>>33217411
>http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=516980

I would hold off on a new barrel until you shoot out the old one. Barrels make up most of the cost of the gun.
>>
>>33218750
>shooting out a rimfire barrel

Maybe when .22 cost .02 cents a round.

op will be dead before that occurs.
>>
>>33213735

>I don't know shit about guns.
>What accessories should I get?

Maybe you should learn your gun before fagging it up.
>>
>>33218782
ssh, but seriously why chuck a non-defective barrel?
>>
>>33218804
Slightly tighter groupings.
>>
>>33218855

Any when you're done you'll have completely new gun and enough parts to build the original.
>>
>>33218729

Not him but... he's not even that fat. At most 20lbs extra. You can even see he has muscle.

That kinda post makes me think you're a little skelly weak dyel. Seriously, who the hell bitches about a 10/22 mag release?
>>
>>33218801

Best advice on this thread. Absolutely. I bet there are faggots who can't even shoot irons properly.
>>
>>33218967
Anon, the post you are replying to wasn't implying the guy in the video had diabeetus.
>>
>>33218750
>>33218804
Theyre really not the expensive, my barrel was about $130 with how cheap the 10/22 is it's still a pretty cheap gun that gives great groupings.

Also I now have a spare barrel.

>>33217793
I just never liked the way it felt, and I know it's a common complaint. Mag release cost me about $8 and I like it know than the stock one.
>>
>>33213735
Don't do shit to it. Shoot it as is for at least 1000 rounds. Then decide what you want.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.