[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/, this is an odd set of requirements for a coming pistol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3001.png (1MB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3001.png
1MB, 1136x640px
Hey /k/, this is an odd set of requirements for a coming pistol purchase, but I felt I should field them to you guys to narrow stuff down.

I need a pistol that is both well suited for home defense, but also for a coming trip to the American west. Something for camping and hiking in mountains and desert, to deal with any potential risks of these great expanses of nature. Any recommendations? Price range is tight (2-300$, unless that's absurd) as this is more of a precautionary inclusion to the rest of what I'll be taking, with the home defense aspect as an added bonus on my return. Would also like it to got well with a shoulder holster.

Currently looking at cz pistols, primarily the cz-82, but would pile something in a reliable round and potentially double--stacked magazine.

What's everyone's thoughts?
>>
>>33213555
I apologize for the typos, phone posting scum and it's late here. But insomnia keeps me up!
>>
>>33213555
If by something usable while camping you're talking about a gun that can be used for game, the only pistol cartridge that's considered both anti-personnel and anti-game is 10mm. $200-$300 is absurd for a decent gun. If 10mm is what you're looking for, the only 10mm pistol that isn't generally a piece of shit is the Glock 20.
>>
>>33213555
Probably a Taurus in 357 is your best bet, your budget and requirements are completely fucked though.
>>
>>33213622
Yeah it's a really odd set, more just to smooth schizo-paranoia when I'm walking in the mountains. More afraid of running into a person with ill-intent than a dangerous animal. Which is all sorts of insane

Plus o love in a relatively nice area of Philadelphia, so home defense is a loose requirement to just scare off any thug that smashes through my back door, which is very unlikely.

But yeah I'll be the first to admit my requirements are weird and stretching my price restrictions to the limit. I'm just strapped already (out of work until summer) so looking for anything that sort of works well without putting me out too much.
>>
>>33213555
If you could get away with a shotgun, those requirements could be met.
>>
>>33213555
Go suck some dicks for money if you have to, $200-300 isn't getting you shit.
>>
>>33213555
used glock or a used S&W auto. cheap, ubiquitous, and suitable for most generic shooting.
>>
>>33213654
>so home defense is a loose requirement to just scare off any thug that smashes through my back door, which is very unlikely.
Guns aren't for scaring they're for killing. If you want to scare someone get a dog or an alarm system.
>>
>>33213555
Is the requirement for a pistol a hard stop? Personally I'd recommend a 357 lever action Rossi, fairly light and will hit hard enough to stop most things that can kill you. If you're gonna go pistol then a 10mm semi or 357 revolver will likely be what you need.
>>
>>33213654
you sound like a very dumb person and you should not buy a gun. please don't shoot any innocent hikers because you're dumb and got spooked.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.