[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Desert Eagle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 390px-DesertEagle357Black.jpg (23KB, 390x228px) Image search: [Google]
390px-DesertEagle357Black.jpg
23KB, 390x228px
Any thoughts on this /k/?
>>
File: 20170301_214838.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170301_214838.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
They are fucking huge
>>
File: wm_7199942.jpg (446KB, 1875x1250px) Image search: [Google]
wm_7199942.jpg
446KB, 1875x1250px
>>33211292
Want one, that or the S&W 500
>>
Is the Desert Eagle actually good (as compared to other firearms in its class) or is it just a videogame meme weapon?
>>
I personally find the deagle to be rather bulky and hard on the hand while shooting.
>>
Fun as fuck
>>
>>33211762
Video game meme weapon
>>
File: deadpoolslidetease[1].png (1MB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
deadpoolslidetease[1].png
1MB, 1000x562px
>>33211762
it's target/hunting pistol

any other use is a meme
>>
>>33211292
I've fired a couple different ones, and one thing I noticed is that they love ejecting brass straight up into the air and behind you. I found this out after catching a .44 magnum shell on the back of my neck, hurt like hell. As long as you don't have manlet hands, they are actually pretty comfy to shoot if you can handle the recoil.
>>
>>33211803
The .357 version is the only one I've ever fired, but it recoiled like an oversized 9mm.

It's a meme gun but it's still a fun range toy.
>>
>>33211762
provided you clean it, it'll function as well as any other semi-auto pistol.
the ammo is pretty expensive compared to standard calibers (9mm, 40, 45, etc.) at a pretty consistent $1.33/rd

it's in a spot where buying a decent .44mag or 500 s&w revolver is cheaper and gets similar results to a deagle. fun to shoot though
>>
>>33211834
>target
i'm not going plinking at $1.25 per shot
>>
Where does it rank on the meme weapons register?
>>
>>33211886
a solid 420/911
>>
>>33211762

Ignore >>33211829. It's fun, it's accurate, it puts holes in some things and outright blows apart other things. It's a poor choice for self defense due to its size and weight, and there are much better options for home defense.

>>33211853 is right. They work well and are reliable as long as you take care of it. Ammo is really damned expensive. You'll be lucky to find factory loaded ammo (at least in 50ae) for under $1.50 per round and if you reload (assuming you collect your brass) you're still paying around 50 cents per shot fired.
You can certainly find a 44 mag revolver for less. 500s are a little cheaper but ammo cost is up there and they're a lot rougher on your wrist. Deagle really doesn't have that bad recoil.

>>33211886

It's high up there, but meme weapons get that status by being really popular, usually resulting from being good. Deagle is no exception.
>>
>>33211834
>Deagle brand Deagle chambered in .50 AfricanEliminator
>not using it for home defense and cc
Oh sorry, I thought I was on /k/ but apparently I am on reddit.
>>
>>33211762
It's a target shooting and hunting pistol that's put into combat situations by movie and vidya because it looks badass.

It's poorly suited for a fighting weapon, but it can be very suitable for sport and hunting due to it's laser-like accuracy and soft recoil (the .44 feels like shooting a 1911). Consider also that there is no cylinder gap, so you get more velocity than a revolver with a similar barrel length.

It is picky in ammo, it requires particular handling (solid grip, don't touch the magazine), and you need to clean it after each trip (ideally).

Cheap and low powered target loads won't give you enough OOMPF for cycling reliably, so you need to look at better stuff or load your own (which will be cheaper). You will get best reliability with a hot load of powder, and a reasonably heavy FMJ or JHP bullet.
>>
>>33211853
Ammo cost depends, you could load suitable .357 for pretty cheap.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.