[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: sks.png (134KB, 1000x154px) Image search: [Google]
sks.png
134KB, 1000x154px
Thinking of buying an Sks as a SHTF rifle, they are around $450 for a 16 inch in New Zealand. Any thoughts, would I be better suited to carrying something different should the time arise?
>>
They're fine rifles.
Simple, reliable, don't instantly trigger soccer moms...
>>
>>33203678
Good rifles, and $450 isn't a horrid price for one.
>>
Different poster

I'm in NJ and have a choice between a Yugo for $400 or a Russian for $600. Is the chrome lined barrel really worth $200?
>>
>>33203678
Hello 2011, long time no see.
>>
>>33204037
if you want to / can shoot corrosive surplus ammo, then it def will help.
>>
Those guys who picked there up for 59 bucks back in the day really made out well. Wish I was old enough to have bought a crate of them. Anyways picked up a mint yugo from 1989 not to long ago and love it. I say do it I bought a mini 14 first and it ended up being garbage so I can sell that now
>>
>>33204037

Unless you have an interest in yugo history or culture, I'd say yes, go for the Russian, while the chromed barrel may be only a slight advantage terms of function, it will definitely increase the resale value.
>>
>>33204093
To me it would depend if one is in better shape than the other.
The Russian will also be lighter becouse it doesn't have all the shit on the end.
>>
>>33204088
I was wondering, is there a point in griping about prices of milsurp in the past?

Wasn't the economy different enough that perhaps 89$ for a sks wouldn't seem as easy to afford as today?
>>
>>33203678
>>33204037
If you properly cleaned the barrel after use with soapy water when shooting corrosive ammo, the Yugo should be fine. The non chrome barrel will last about half that of the russian one, which is to say about 1-300k rounds.

Why do you want an SKS when you can get an AK? I have both, and the AK is just a far superior weapon. I love the SKS, its a fun piece of history, but you only have to pick them both up to see why the AK is a world away in terms of advancement.

Don't get me wrong, if you really like the Simonov for a reason, go for that one. But if you are just buying a relatively inexpensive good gun get a kalashnikov if you can.
>>
>>33204807
He lives in NJ
>>
>>33204769
It's not a matter of economy, it's just a matter of prices

The economy in early 2000s is still if not a tiny bit different than today. The only reason sks are still fucking expensive is because of happenings and obongo fucking with import laws.
>>
>>33203678
I got mine the other day for $190, bedded the stock and now its 2moa at 100
>>
>>33204088
>I say do it I bought a mini 14 first and it ended up being garbage so I can sell that now

How so
>>
They were $75 last year with ammo in Canada from Marstar.
>>
File: bayo.jpg (79KB, 800x661px) Image search: [Google]
bayo.jpg
79KB, 800x661px
Git sum pleb.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.