[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me about Beretta 92 /k/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: 92fs_zoom002.jpg (72KB, 840x536px) Image search: [Google]
92fs_zoom002.jpg
72KB, 840x536px
Redpill me about Beretta 92 /k/
>>
>>33203159

1. Fuck off with your redpill. That term is homosex.

2. Beretta is fine if you're not a poor who buys mil surplus. Buy newish.
>>
>>33203159
Imagine the Walther P38 and the Browning Hi Power had a baby. There ya go.
>>
>>33203159
it's a great gun just buy factory mags and keep it oiled
>>
File: IMG_0055.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0055.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>33203159
I had one for 2 years and shot probably 20,000 rounds through it without any failures. It's a reliable pistol. The safety position is kinda shitty, but you get used to it.
>>
>>33203159
it is a...lethal weapon
>>
>>33203313
thats a lot of shooting, how did you have time for other guns/calibers?
>>
>>33203339
Bruh, I used to buy a case a 9mm every month, and that was considered not that much when shooting idpa/3gun.

Ben Stoeger, Ernie Langdon, Bill Wilson all have Berettas with 80K+ rounds with no issues.

The 92FS catches shit only due to the M9. Military M9s have never been upgraded, so everything is built to 1989 standards with the FS revision including gen1 locking blocks. Plus aftermarket magazines, and shit part replacement.

Really great pistols that are inherently accurate and reliable with no MIM parts, cheap OEM mags, and a great price.
>>
>>33203159
I can't, I'm a manlett.
In all seriousness, they shoot really well and feel nice in the hand. I'd buy one if my thumb wasn't too short to depress the mag release comfortably.
>>
>>33203339
It's my competition pistol. So I shoot it a lot. But that being said I shoot 3 gun and also shoot an ar and shotgun
>>
>>33203426
I had the same problem. Just replace it with an extended steel safety from the Beretta site, it's stupid easy.

You're fixing the problem and replacing one of the plastic parts at the same time.
>>
>>33203176

if you were red pilled you would be buying the 18 round mecgars.
>>
>>33203159
Very nice gun,but it triggers the grandpa gun and finger is my safety owners.
>>
probably the smoothest action on a pistol, fuckin butter.
>>
>>33203458
Yeah, I knew they existed and assumed they would do the trick. It's how ridiculously deep it is in the grip that kinda killed it for me. I might end up picking one up anyways.

Also [spoiler]I'd rather it also be plastic[/suredolovenospoilers]
>>
File: 2lwr4uc.gif (812KB, 218x122px) Image search: [Google]
2lwr4uc.gif
812KB, 218x122px
>>33203491
>wants to keep plastic parts
>on a Beretta
>A BERETTA
>>
>>33203514
The 90-two was a step in the right direction.
Also the px4 has a polymer frame, so does the APX.
>>
>>33203523
If that's what you want, those are the guns you should buy.

That's not what the 92's about, man.
>>
>>33203529
But they're not what I want. I'd rather work up those people that get really upset when you don't replace all the polymer components on the 92 series.
>>
>>33203541
I had considered keeping my 92FS completely unchanged, but after a few weeks, I decided I hated it. The polymer coated trigger just didn't feel right, and the mag release with the plastic mold lines on it bugged the heck out of me. The guide rod never bothered me too much, but I figured I might as well go all out.

Got a short reach steel trigger, the flat wire recoil spring kit with fluted guide rod, improved trigger spring and D hammer spring from Wilson Combat. Extended steel mag release and aluminum lanyard plug from Beretta.

It's almost indistinguishable from a stock 92 externally, but it feels infinitely better. If there's any considerable difference in weight, I don't feel it.
>>
>>33203159
What's there to redpill about?

It's a full sized 9mm all metal combat handgun made by my personal favorite manufacturer. The only real point of contention is the slide mounted safety.
>>
I love my 96A1, I bought a 9mm barrel for it so I can shoot .40 and 9mm just by changing the barrel. No malfunctions with either.
>>
>>33203336
https://youtu.be/8-G3NU1XXKE
>>
>>33203159
They are good, but you have to pay for it. They like to run wet. Do not be be a poor fag and use peanut oil.
>>
>>33203514
Unless you're making a comp gun or legacy inox to jerk off to, the plastic parts are legitimately better from a shooting perspective.
>>
>>33203159
I looked at one at a gun show yesterday. It felt the best in my hand out of every gun there except for a p229 with g10 grips. The slide mounted safety was easy to manipulate and you probably shouldn't be using it in the first place on a da/sa.
>>
>>33206547
You're gonna have to explain that one.
>>
>>33203604
Don't you increase wear on the extractor by doing that?
>>
>>33203339
It was my comp gun for 3gun. Yeah, that might sound like alot of ammo, over 1600rds a month, but not really when shooting is ur life and ur sponsored and ur a professional shooter.
Only reason I don't have it anymore is bc I gave it to a veteran who had ptsd bc it reminded him of the pistol he carried in Iraq.
I've only since upgraded to a m9a3 as my main comp 3gun pistol.
Beretta is the best pistol ever OP.
>>
>>33206848

No, .40 and 9mm 92s use the same extractor
>>
>>33206965
That's surprising. So what are the parts differences between a .40 and 9mm 92FS then, aside from the barrel? Magazines, springs?
>>
>>33206949
>and ur a professional
ouch.
>>
>>33206978
same mag, same springs. Once upon a time the frames for the 96 were thicker to avoid premature cracking. But Beretta just carried it over to the 92FS frames so even those are the same.

Check the link. M9's are in the "older" spec with the not as thick frames.

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/comparison-chart/
>>
Solid portion of /k/ hates the 92, this thread is pretty civil so far. People always say to run it wet, I clean/lube mine no more or less than any other handgun I own and it's been running fine for 10 years.

Only had to swap recoil spring a few times. Changed plastic guide rod to steel, though don't think that really matters.
>>
Don't buy one. Glocks are better in every way.
>>
It's a reliable gun that's easy to shoot fast and accurately. Its ergonomics are lacking for the majority of people.

/thread
>>
>>33208640
>Its ergonomics are lacking for the majority of people.
>majority

Sure thing, Glockfag.
>>
>>33206978
>So what are the parts differences between a .40 and 9mm 92FS then, aside from the barrel?

The only differences I've been able to eyeball are the ejector (longer on the 9mm) and the cut-out for the feed ramp on the frame (.40 is wider). I've read that the feed lips on the magazine housing are a little wider on the .40, but they function alright for shooting 9mm.

I have a .40 that I bought a 9mm barrel for. Everything works with just the drop-in barrel. You can even use the .40 mags. The only annoyance is that the 9mm casings eject up between 12 and 1 with a habit of dinging your face with hot brass because of the shorter ejector. I'd imagine that swapping out the ejector (fairly simple job) can take care of the problem ejecting more off to side.

General community consensus when it comes to shooting between different calibers is to start with a .40 gun since .40-to-9mm is more reliable than 9mm-to-.40 by concern that the wider .40 casing may wear out the 9mm ejector and may be more resistant to the narrower feed lips 9mm mags on can cause feeding hangups. If you're into shooting meme calibers, there's also a couple of manufacturers that make .357 SIG drop-in barrels for the gun both of which starting with the .40 due to the SIG having similar dimensions (even though a 9mm gun will work for at least a little while).
>>
>>33203453
Great! I've been locking for a good holster mag combo for a 92fs, doesn't need to be super crazy but comfortable and comp like would be nice. Any recommendations?
>>
>>33208640
>Its ergonomics are lacking for the majority of people.
See
>>33206823
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.