[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /k/ feel about police militarization culture in local

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 51

File: 1400459083579.jpg (34KB, 300x394px) Image search: [Google]
1400459083579.jpg
34KB, 300x394px
How does /k/ feel about police militarization culture in local law enforcement? Is it fair for Officer John Smith to play "soldier", even if they haven't had any prior military experience?

I've been reading a really good book recommended by /lit/ called "Rise of The Warrior Cop: The Militarization of America's Police Forces" which discusses the politics/psychology of the growing culture in American society.

What's your personal take on tacticool cops and tacticool culture in everyday local law enforcement, discuss.

Discuss.
>>
I once saw a cop wearing a Shemagh and it was the funniest/most cringe worthy shit ever.

As for tacticool cops, Dragon Dildos anon. Everytime.
>>
>>33202340
imo cops can have whatever equipment they want as long as average joes have access to the same equipment
>>
>>33202340
Considering our inner cities are largely mini-Mogadishus it's good that they're getting the best tools for the job. Will definitely come in handy to crush the coming leftist insurrections too.
>>
>>33202340
>How does /k/ feel about police militarization culture in local law enforcement?

This is in most cases a bullshit term. I'm 100% fine with LE becoming """"militarized""" provided that they understand what context is and get proper equipment along with training.

>wearing body armor outside of their uniform
More comfortable
>wearing non traditional starched blue uniforms
Allows for wider ranger of motion, breathablility and durability
>using AR15's as opposed to shotguns
More effective with dealing with armed threats along with the ability to safely and accuracy deliver fire, enhancing public safety
>using NVG's
Increases officer safety when confronting dangerous suspects at night

Now, there is a fucking problem when buttfuck agency throws tactical cool guy gear onto their cops/swat guys when they have absolutely no formal training along with low standards of training.

Cops have been "militarizing" ever since the early 1900's. Cops used to use shit like Thompsons and BARs. If the general population can gain access to such advanced techology, that means criminals can too so it's absolutely neccesary for police to be able to utilize the same equipment too. Emphasis on training.

You would have to be out of your mind to think popo in a starch blue uniform armed with a .38 special Model 10 can take on multiple suspects wielding AK's, semi auto pistols and wearing body armor.
>>
>>33202340
It's just access to better equipment you retard. You think we all need to be out in dress slacks and ties like we're going to a goddamn funeral? We like to be comfy and more safe too. Quit obsessing over image, you're like the libshits bitching about scary looking rifles.

P.S. they're taking your guns over MY dead body too. I know a lot of officers who would become more of a menace to the state than you could be, if it ever came down to tyranny.
>>
>>33202567
>>33202593
Take a look at what this guy said. It's not about the gear, it's about the dipshit poorly trained trigger happy morons that all riot and SWAT teams seem to be made of these days. People like that can't be trusted to not power trip in their starched blues with a dinky 9mm, much less a full-size rifle and "badass" anonymizing tactical gear.
>>
The peso is tanking for a lot of different reasons right now, so I suspect this issue will resolve itself when these LARPig faggots start fighting the Cartels.
>>
File: rSVQKc7.jpg (57KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
rSVQKc7.jpg
57KB, 570x570px
>>33202624
Shit like this is just cringeworthy
>>
>>33202700
Care to provide a counterpoint? I'm pro-cop, I'm just also pro-cleaning up the force, because it's in a right state as of late.
>>
>>33202700

I disagree
>>
>>33202340
Cops become soldiers when nigger gangs, communist rioters, sandnigger terrorists, and Mexican cartels become armies.
>>
>>33202624
With only a few years on my department I've come to see what the real issue with that is. You demand a high standard, cops with master's degrees on every cul-de-sac watching your house specifically (I seem to always hear the complaint "why weren't you here when they broke into my car/house/took my phone/etc")

The fact of the matter is we lack funding, because you lack the desire to pay taxes high enough to afford that. You give us a blue collar salary, expect blue collar workers. That's all it attracts.

I'm not trying to enforce an us-vs-them mentality, I really do wish there were higher standards and I'm explaining why there aren't. Some of the people I work with are legitimate retards with no business being behind a badge. There's also the assumption that we go around giving out tickets to fund ourselves, not true. Tickets barely cover your court costs, let alone the time it takes me to find someone to ticket, stop them, and do all the paperwork. Even motorcycle cops who only do traffic tickets all day don't find their own salary or the cost of their 100k bike. Maybe small towns make a profit, and I mean very small (I'm sure they do because small desert town cops pull me over all the time when I road trip)
>>
>>33202340

Danish perspective here

American society is the most peaceful and safe it has been for a hundred years or more

Armed gangs with big guns are dangerous, fair enough, but most police shootings are hoodrats in tshirts with cheap handguns

Riots are ugly and civil disorder is never nice, but squad cars and police vans have usually been enough to deal with most in a safe manner. Do you really need mine-resistant, machine.gun proof, combat-proven APC's to deal with that now? When riots are a fraction of the size they were in the early 90's and earlier?

Eventually, you will end up with Middle-East conditions, where the power of the state is so overwhelming, that people cannot help but feel threatened on some wierd fundamental/existential basis and basically rise up in arms for serious. Something both hoodrats and preppers alike could entertain thoughts of

Man, when I see videos of Swatting, where random computer-gamers are raided by a dozen heavily armed commandos over a fucking telephone tip, then I think that maybe the United States have a police force that is heavy and agressive enough to deal with any regular criminal case they could encounter.

Going above that is just overkill and feeds the narrative of police state oppression
>>
File: maxresdefault (55).jpg (151KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (55).jpg
151KB, 1280x720px
>>33202567
Adding to this, I want these kinds of cops to be the dudes that patrol around where I live.

https://youtu.be/s7e0siG4zGY?t=186

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAMhWGLr_k4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-I0yEwmu1Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4d8cjEP4qA

Not this fucking guy (pic)
>>
>>33202743
Well don't put me in with the tax-dodgers, I make less than 10k a year and I still pay in.

Cops are underfunded, overworked, and the top brass of a lot of large precincts the country over have been caught doing shady shit on the regular.
I agree that in a world as crazy as ours is right now, law enforcement should, theoretically, be equipped to handle any potential domestic threat, should the need arise.
However, until the standards rise, and until the policing system in the US as a whole gains better oversight and accountability (as in, when you fuck up, you go to court, not internal investigation), I don't feel comfortable giving a lot of these police access to paramilitary hardware.

I like having a cop in on this convo, makes it feel a lot less wasteful and blustery.
>>
>>33202738
Pick that can up.
>>
>>33202723

I am pro-cop too, as far as them actually doing their jobs and not using the "feared for my life" excuse. But it's a little cringe worthy when beat cops are bringing that specops talk like they're about to stop the biggest shitlord, but are actually just on a routine patrol.

I even saw a Sheriff once wearing a whacky "Infidel/Sheepdog" patch and once i saw a NYPD cop with a Punisher Skull decal on his pistol's Mag. For what purpose do you need to express personal culture in an environment where uniformity is the face of the the agency, especially in public service. It's just funny seeing that.

What's the giant obsession with The Punisher anyways?
>>
>>33202751
The issue is a lack of accountability for dishonesty and aggression. I couldn't give a fuck less about your education.

The why didn't you stop the guy robbing me point of view is supported by the fact if he killed the dude who was stealing his car you'd sure as fuck find the perpetrator then...
>>
In terms of freedom, it might actually end up being more likely to benefit 'us' than the federal government.

Local towns have their own, small armies? It almost sounds like the people's militia.
If the federal government ever went tyrannical, small town police forces with such high quality gear and training will be a threat, not a boon.
>>
>>33202817
Ohhhhh. Sorry man, I thought you were coming at me. When you said "shit like that" I read it as "shit like your message" as in you thought what I said was cringy.
>>
>>33202828
When the top brass of those small towns care more about what their higher-ups at State say, and State cares more about what the Feds say, the beat cops and weekend SWAT members just follow orders, at the end of the day.
>>
>>33202738
>>
>>33202781

I'm >>33202751

Oh you want us to be tactical gurus and Olympic weightlifting champions too? I'll get right on that. Not sure if I can afford enough steroids and professional training on my $34,000/yr salary but I'll see what I can do for you senpai :'3
>>
>>33202532

>Will definitely come in handy to crush the coming leftist insurrections too.

I'm suspicious. The last thing we need is the left regaining power and now having a militarized police force to enforce European-style "hate speech" laws.

Maybe most cops wouldn't comply. But I'm still suspicious.
>>
>>33202836
Potentially. I don't know, I suppose I just want to believe the average cop isn't capable of that, the average department isn't capable of that, and that they would turn against that.

Realistically it's more likely to be a 'death by 1000 cuts' kind of thing instead of a sudden, giant commie takeover or something.
>>
File: 1400907768342.jpg (41KB, 373x421px) Image search: [Google]
1400907768342.jpg
41KB, 373x421px
>>33202829

I would never do that to you, senpai~

We /k/ommandos
>>
>>33202839
>Oh you want us to be tactical gurus and Olympic weightlifting champions too?

Trying to get at being a LE guy that looks at being a cop as a lifestyle and not a "job", taking training seriously and going to classes.

But you can do the lifting thing if you would like.

>Not sure if I can afford enough steroids and professional training on my $34,000/yr salary

That's pretty lousy pay but going to at least 2-3 classes a year is absolutely doable. Just gotta make it work.
>>
>>33202843
Oh yeah, that's exactly what I meant. A little bad training here, a little bribe there, a little stop and frisk over yonder, and slowly but surely, authoritarian expectations of law enforcement become expected and tolerated. It's already happening.
>>
>>33202738

Lick any good boots today, Mark Fuhrman?
>>
>>33202852
Can you provide concrete evidence of that?
>>
>>33202847

Shit like range training should all be on the dept's dime, and the depts should be getting far more money. It's training for potential life-or-death situations, for fuck's sake. That shouldn't be something the person has to take care out out-of-pocket.
That'd be like sending an oil rig wrangler or a crab fisherman into the field with no prior instruction, and expecting him to learn while doing, on his own dime.
>>
>>33202867
I don't have any on-hand, but I'll be looking.
>>
File: 1403059383365.jpg (167KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1403059383365.jpg
167KB, 720x720px
>>33202821

>I couldn't give a fuck less about your education
>education

What is your malfunction, anon?
>>
File: 1444821505439.jpg (95KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1444821505439.jpg
95KB, 640x960px
>>33202376
>>33202376

You mean this?
>>
>>33202841
>Maybe most cops wouldn't comply

Every station I've been to has a TV in the break room that seems to always be tuned to Fox news. Cops, even in blue states, are the reddest of the red. I wouldn't be surprised if a decent handful of blue state cops complied with tyrannical orders. Not many in my state would, I would estimate anywhere from a 70-90℅ attrition rate, and that's not good news for the remaining 30-10℅ because I know some of them and where they live.

A more realistic scenario is exactly that, initial infighting within the departments, then either shutting down or continuing to work for the good of the locals. I would presume very few departments would remain functionally able to enforce whatever bullshit a leftist regime would be spewing. In any case we're already outnumbered like 1,200 to 1. If civil unrest occurs it better be worth it, because being with my family to protect them is infinitely more important, and the vast majority of officers I know are also family oriented people.
>>
File: 74a.png (823KB, 600x910px) Image search: [Google]
74a.png
823KB, 600x910px
SEMPER FI, CRIMINAL SCUM
>>
>>33202882
Sure. I don't neccesarily doubt it, but I'm more of a mind with this anon >>33202898

The 'brass' and bureaucrats might be willing to stomp down on the people, but the actual grunts so to speak are probably one of the most right wing demographics in the country.
>>
>>33202894

Altair.....is that you?
>>
File: U.S._Police_Officer_mid_1920s.jpg (2MB, 1883x1255px) Image search: [Google]
U.S._Police_Officer_mid_1920s.jpg
2MB, 1883x1255px
I agree.. THIS IS WHAT POLICE SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE. Not like full-tacticool-trigger- happy-lethal-assault-weapon-carrying-idiot. Modern American police are nothing more than a corrupt government tools.
>>
>>33202700
You are a child.
Jesus Christ
>>
>>33202934
That's part of what scares me, though. Things have become so split along party lines and ideologies as of late that if a right-wing government decides it wants to start OIF 2: Electric Boogaloo in our backyards, I don't see why any of them would be against it.
>>
>>33202951
I dunno, I thought he was a little annoying at first, but he's pleasant enough and carries a conversation.
>>
File: 2015031507230431175.jpg (165KB, 500x641px) Image search: [Google]
2015031507230431175.jpg
165KB, 500x641px
>>33202700

This is the cringiest one i've seen so far.
>>
File: 1398877197750.gif (3MB, 200x202px) Image search: [Google]
1398877197750.gif
3MB, 200x202px
I'm sure as hell they won't be so friendly when they come for all your guns
>>
>>33202939
Until Jamal and his homies botch a bank robbery while you're in there trying to deposit your autismbux check, then it's AHHHHH POLICE PLEASE SAVE ME WITH YOUR ASSAULT RIFLES AND TANKS!!!!
>>
>>33202967
This goes back to >>33202828 vs. >>33202836

Which do you believe is more likely?
>>
>>33202977

I'm personally fine with AR's and SWAT (when used appropriately).....but when rookies or oldfags get to play mall ninja, that's the scary part. The discussion is about everyday, untrained/unexperienced police officers being tacticool oper8trs.

But serious question, why are they so damn obsessed with The Punisher? Is that like a MilSpec thing?
>>
>>33202939

Yes but the cop you have pictured had absolutely no accountability whatsoever. He beat "niggers" and irishmen with impunity. He did not have to read Miranda before talking to a wop. He was not constrained by Tennessee v. Garner, Graham v. Connor, nor Terry v. Ohio.

The police force you yearn for was less trained and responsible to no one.
>>
>>33203000
Because he's a Cool Guy who gets to Kill Baddies without a care in the world for retaliation or accountability. He's the ultimate anti-criminal archetype.
>>
File: k joins swat.jpg (558KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
k joins swat.jpg
558KB, 1224x1632px
>>33202340
I wouldn't really mind it but then I see retards like this >>33202894 or pic related and it makes me believe only specialized swat units should have all the cool shit
>>
File: 1445655438161.png (74KB, 205x196px) Image search: [Google]
1445655438161.png
74KB, 205x196px
>>33203010
>fucking burger boy roly poly doorbreaker

Just throw him at the door, it'll work better.
>>
>>33202967
Even if they're not explicitly Oath Keepers like myself, officers know right from wrong. There's also the issue of risk. A mass confiscation scenario is about as high risk as I can imagine. Risk vs. reward, they're not going to convince us it's worth our lives for what? A disarmed America? We're fucking Americans ourselves, and typically (again) red ones. Why would we want that?

Now if you're talking about disarming the ghetto... there's an idea to ponder. Some of those places are fucking warzones to the point they shouldn't even be considered part of this country anymore. Disarming law abiding American citizens, yeah nah. I love nothing more than showing up to a home invasion or robbery call to find out the would-be victim has already done my job and put rounds in the fucker.
>>
Is the crime that bad that US cops really need this sort of equipment and tactics?

Legit question from an Aus-bro.

Only the tactical/counter terror police here are tooled up with all that military stuff. My old uncle who retired in the mid 90's carried a 5 shot 3inch S&W model 36 for most of his career before being upgraded to a Ruger Service Six.
>>
File: 1480669985290.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1480669985290.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>33202979

But the police hardly work for the people, and work for their corrupt city officials and their donor's interests. Policing has gotten tougher and no one really liked cops anyways.

In the past 5 years cops have recieved more criticism and talks have suggested community based policing is more effective, where officers are public/local figures rather than Street Judges ready to slam the penal code book at you for loitering.

People don't trust cops anymore because people are afraid of them.
>>
>>33203021
Only in pockets of the inner cities, where the culture has been so ass-fucked by fatherlessness, poverty, and violence for so long that getting out is really the only way to succeed.
>>
>>33203023
I'm one of those people, despite thinking that the police are a very important and necessary part of a functional country. It all depends on whether their loyalty goes to their politics or their people.
>>33202898
see here.
>>
>>33203000
Idk man, I think it's more of a low IQ thing. Again many departments have low standards since not many want to do the job for the pay it gives. The typical cop is the type to sit around and talk about sports. If you fucking care about sports on TV you're a fucking retard.

I work with these people, I would know, but pls don't put us all in the same boat. I consider myself non-retarded, just really stoic. I don't want to do something that doesn't matter or make a difference. Plus most if not all of these retards would give their life to save someone if it came down to it. We were discussing school shootings once and everyone said they would gladly run in, even alone, even if it meant certain death to save some kiddos.
>>
>>33203023

That's called a sheriff. And guess what the vast majority of US counties are policed by?
>>
>>33203010
Ironically the fat guys are the nicest guys you'll come across on the department. Quit hatin'
>>
>>33202340

There is a way to fix this. Disband our police forces and replace them with something like the coast guard, but for land.
>>
>>33203058
How would that work, though? The police do more than deal with immediate, dangerous crises. Or at least they're supposed to.
>>
>>33203041
>police standards

OC taken last summer in Washington, DC.
>>
File: IMG_0142.jpg (1MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0142.jpg
1MB, 3024x3024px
>>33203065
Fug, I forgot to attach the picture. Literal prison tat that shows in uniform. The guy had a neck tat too.

>>33203041
>>
>>33203010

>Section 9, well trained public security force (Militarized Police Force)

>Get's the job done without relying on tacticool shit, stops actual bad guys. Analyze impact analysis reports before operations to prevent civilian casualties

>Constantly criticize their corrupt governmental command chain instead of bragging about it on the job

>Excecute as much force as necessary depending on suspect's threat level. Usually take dangerous suspect alive.

Get it right, America. Sexy intelligent anime cops when?
>>
>>33202952
And this is a bad thing because...? Separate the wheat from the chaff and truly Make America Great Again!
>>
>>33203072
As much as I would like to talk about GitS, now's not the time to derail.

Also
>not relying on tacticool shit

the entire point of SAC is how tacticool their gear (and even their bodies) are.
>>
>>33203072
>Get's the job done without relying on tacticool shit
>without relying on tacticool shit
Literally one character did not rely on tacticool shit and Togusa was a bitch.
>>
File: 013117_ianlichterman_1200.jpg (148KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
013117_ianlichterman_1200.jpg
148KB, 1200x800px
>>33203069

They'll hire anyone frankly. Same PD.
>>
>>33203080
so, when Outgroup A is the target, you don't care, but When it's Outgroup B, it's suddenly a problem?
>>
>>33203072

>without relying on tacticool shit

I don't think you're talking about the right show.
>>
>>33203089
There won't be an outgroup A after they're done.
>>
File: 137593505136.jpg (14KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
137593505136.jpg
14KB, 240x320px
>>33203087
Is

Is that

Is that German

and an Iron Eagle

On a COP.
>>
>>33203087
Fucking absurd.

It's a pity, I really love D.C.

I guess if I move back I'd just live in NoVA anyway. It's just sad to see the capital of our republic so fucked up.
>>
File: LeeIsMoreDissapoint.png (139KB, 500x340px) Image search: [Google]
LeeIsMoreDissapoint.png
139KB, 500x340px
>>33203093
Fuck off.

That's it, just fuck off.
>>
>>33203089
Who gives a shit honestly. We either make America white again or we end up a third world shithole like Brazil. Whatever it takes, our future is at stake.
>>
>>33203109
See
>>33203102
>>
>>33203090

Besides the black BDU's they wear when breaching a fortified facility, or hostage situations where lives are in danger (including their own) they usually get shit done in street clothes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAIcWoU117s
>>
>>33203120
But their guns, gadgets, and even bodies are decked out in an insane amount of bells and whistles. Motoko could be naked and she'd still be the walking embodiment of one of those over-accessorized ARs.
>>
>>33203130

>Get it right, America. Sexy intelligent anime cops when?

I think he meant it as a joke, anon. Chill.
>>
>>33203149
Eh i'm a bit autistic over my Chinese cartoons. He hit my berserk button.
>>
>>33203149

Nah, i'll proudly take the L.

They aren't tacticool in terms of technique but their gadgets are technically that on catastrophic levels.

But in regards to law enforcement,what's wrong with our current PD's and how do the people keep them on a leash instead of having to make the entire whole bunch look bad. People are extremely pessimistic about cops. I believe it always goes back to personal/preconceived narratives rather than actually serving. At the end of the day, the openly say "we protect our own", also consider the blue code of silence, when the public is entitled to a transparent government. Where does militarized culture in local police agencies fit in everyday policing? Like souped up plate carriers with magpul and 5.11 shit?

Correct me if i'm wrong.
>>
>>33203181
You're point is very muddied by poor wording. I want to reply, but I can't parse what you're saying.
>>
File: rbm9cP4.jpg (263KB, 780x1000px) Image search: [Google]
rbm9cP4.jpg
263KB, 780x1000px
>>33203181

Sorry, i forgot to add "on a routine traffic stop"
>>
>>33202340
>police militarization culture in local law enforcement
Tell those guys about it.
>>
File: officertats_11669255.jpg (63KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
officertats_11669255.jpg
63KB, 640x360px
>>33203087

Ultimate kek
>>
>>33203069
This is DC
>>33203087
This is Philadelphia
>>
>>33203230
Holy shit, that looks as hideous as it is. Truly amazing.
>>
>>33203220

Gang violence has never actually been that fucking bad in recent years. You're comparing ruthless criminals vs modern day misguided youth. In the 20's, the Prohibition of Alcohol fueled the gangs. Now in terms of Drug War violence, we haven't seen much of that in the US besides small arms attacks on rival gang members.
>>
>>33203243

Criminal enterprise only got that bad in the 80's, when Crack Cocaine hit the streets big. But that's steering into other realms, let's keep it on today's police and the necessity/social effect of mall ninja cops.
>>
I just want to congratulate everyone on a good goddamn thread. Way to go everyone!
>>
>>33203243
My pic shows FBI. With some .38 revolver, BAR and Tommy gun.

Local LEO's had access to everything these guy have. Browning auto 5, Browning model 8, everything.

Can you tell me what has changed ever since?
>>
>>33203243
>modern day misguided youth
>not ruthless criminals

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA

You have no clue you sheltered fuck. They have no honor. They'll beat and stab an old grandma to death for the $6 in her purse and I speak from fucking experience.
>>
File: 0d9.jpg (56KB, 680x497px) Image search: [Google]
0d9.jpg
56KB, 680x497px
>>33203230

Poor guy lmfao
>>
>>33203263

>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA

*Pokes glasses*

Where did you grow up, anon?
>>
>>33202759
Swiss here, I agree a 100%. Police here either have normal uniforms, the guys on airport wear some kind of blue overall. Seems to be comfy, practical but not threatening, even when they have an MP5 in their hands. Now of course the realities are different here and in the US and this mandates different gear and tactics. But appearance is very important, the police should be immediately recogniseable and distinguishable from the military. Else this diffuse feeling of threat starts surfacing.
>>
>>33203087
>>33203069

>former soldiers working as cops

Wow who would've guessed? It's not like soldiers weren't glorified cops in Iraq for the entirety of the war or anything.
>>
>>33202905

>Blart Man
>Blart Machine
>Mall Cop
>>
File: image.jpg (109KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109KB, 640x640px
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MKIaS0lh-uo
>>
File: daphne.jpg (35KB, 540x407px) Image search: [Google]
daphne.jpg
35KB, 540x407px
>>33203016
>disarm the ghetto
>implying everyone who lives in the ghetto is a criminal
Nice assumption. Yes, please come take my guns so that Jamal from down the street and Hector from next door can take all my shit while holding their hi-points at my head. Nothing like taking someone's last means of reliable self defense to make them like you more and fear you less. Good job.
>>
>>33203263

People like drug addicts who abuse heavily addictive drugs like Heroin or Meth are usually are the pawns that fall into street life. I am also speaking from experience and based on existing facts and statistics, not morals, values, or biases. You're generalizing a specific demographic, as not all criminals are sympathetic, some have lost their freedom to hake choices for themselves due to addiction.

Rehabilitation is the only way to reintroduce drug victims and addicts into society instead of fueling the private prison systems or intruding them into the justice system. People live different lives, and as individuals, reason differently. If you're also a cop, you're the problem and not the solution you beatnick.

But that's not what we're discussing on this thread. Unrelated.
>>
>>33203274
Where I grew up now looks like Mexico, where I work looks and feels a lot like fucking Johannesburg.
>>
>>33203316
Yep. Illegal ghetto guns are ILLEGAL. They're already dirty guns, making them dirtier won't help.
>>
DON'T WORRY YOU DON'T NEED GUNS, THE POLICE WILL PROTECT YOU (-:
>>
>>33203317
Yeah you're the one with experience kiddo.

They're savages. They're born savages, they're lesser evolved. They just think and act like tribal humans. Drugs have less to do with it, but they amplify the savage behavior. Why do you think they fall into drugs in the first place? They're of low intelligence.
>>
>You don't need a gun the police will stop it!
>wtf why are the police carrying these guns theyre evil
>>
File: phrenology.jpg (20KB, 250x244px) Image search: [Google]
phrenology.jpg
20KB, 250x244px
>>33203328
see
>>33203102

jeezus christ, you wanna start feeling foreheads for Stupid Bumps, pal?
>>
>>33202751
We need to get rid of this whole cops with degrees thing. We need more cops who were combat vets.
>>
>>33203361
Yeah, you don't need to understand finance, business, etc. to learn when, where, and how to either point a gun or talk it out.
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 249x154px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 249x154px
Need to take away the powers of some laws attorneys use.
Put the guns away and start using fists.
>>
>>33203361
But milfags are retards.
>>
>>33203328

Consider this a /lit/ /k/ joint thread.

Take that edgy shit to /pol/
>>
File: FG3ACB1HJ6010K4.MEDIUM.jpg (10KB, 300x391px) Image search: [Google]
FG3ACB1HJ6010K4.MEDIUM.jpg
10KB, 300x391px
>>33203400
/lit/? I loved the solution in the Turner Diaries.
>>
>>33203374
How did cops in the old days do it before college was for anything but doctors or lawyers?

>>33203398
Says the civvyfag...before you start, if you aren't prior service combat arms, then you're still a shit civvy.
>>
>>33203465
Half the reasons these cops are trigger happy is because they're soft college kids. They look good on paper but they're about as hardened as a wet paper bag.
>>
File: Nomads-940x675.jpg (109KB, 940x675px) Image search: [Google]
Nomads-940x675.jpg
109KB, 940x675px
>>33203021
Yeah, you watch some bikie raids, you'll see all the shit the Americans have, but if something major isn't on, our cops seem to put their toys away.

I remember watching footage of a police raid on a clubhouse in Melbourne. Gate was locked or something, so they simply ripped the gate off its hinges with some armoured car.

Somebody was clearly watching The Castle the night before...
>>
>>33203263
>They'll beat and stab an old grandma to death for the $6 in her purse and I speak from fucking experience.
You stabbed an old grandma to death?!
>>
I am of the opinion that police should be able to use anything any other private citizen can.

If I can buy and use ARs and camo, so should they. If I can only have ten round magazines, so should they.
>>
File: carabinieri.png (367KB, 270x609px) Image search: [Google]
carabinieri.png
367KB, 270x609px
jumpsuit cops have a tendancy to look like garbage bags with a chest rig put on top.
Give me a classy cop instead. Even if he has a g36 and a frag jacket.

>>33203050
I don't ask for cops to be nice. I ask them to be polite, professional, and have enough self respect to train and maintain their body in shape.
If fatboy can't run a few laps every day, I don't think he has sufficient control to go at the range and improve his marksmanship to decent levels, or learn all the necessary procedures to be a good cop.
>>
>>33202894
This guy's at risk of getting smoked by a friendly... what a douche.
>>
>>33202340
>that 203
But...why?
>>
I THINK POLITICIANS NEED TO QUIT PASSING BULLSHIT LAWS

THEY NEED TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF AMERICAS MILLIONS OF LAWYERS AND REDO OUR ENTIRE SYSTEM

STREAMLINE COUNTY, CITY, STATE,AND FEDERAL LAWS AS WELL AS FOREIGN POLICY AND IRS CODE. PUT A CAP ON INFLATION AND END IT.

WE NEED TO QUIT GIVING FOOD AID TO OTHER NATIONS THAT HAVE ARABLE LAND AND DONT UTILIZE IT. MORE REFUGEES, MORE PROBLEMS, AND MORE PEOPLE THAT WILL STARVE WHEN WE HAVE TO BETWEEN FEEDING OURSELVES AND FEEDING FOREIGNERS THAT NEVER DID ANYTHING FOR US

BECAUSE JESUS CHRIST I CANT DO ANYTHING

THE ONLY THING ITS LEGAL FOR ME TO DO IS GET IN DEBT, WORK FOR SHIT PAY, AND THATS ABOUT IT

HOW MANY MUSLIM NATIONS WOULD TAKE IN 100,000 CHRISTIAN REFUGEES? AND FEED, CLOTHE, EDUCATE, KEEP HEALTHY, AND GIVE PREFERENTIAL JOB TREATMENT?

THIS IS BULLSHIT.

AND THE GOVERNMENT NEEDS TO GET ITS HEAD OUT OF OUR ASSES. THEY ARE WORSE CRIMINALS THAN ANY CIVILIAN. IF I DID TO MY FELLOW MAN WHAT THEY DO TO ME ID BE MURDERED REAL QUICK ONCE PEOPLE FOUND OUT.

I BELIEVE IN GLOBALIZATION FOR MAKING TRAVEL CONVENIENT AND SAFE BUT NATIONS MUST RETAIN SOVEREIGNTY.

TOO MANY DUAL CITIZENSHIP POLITICIANS.

ISRAEL HAS GOD TO PROTECT THEM SO WE SHOULD STOP STEALING HIS THUNDER. STOP ALL AID TO ISRAEL. STOP ALL AID TO NATIONS WITH PEOPLE THAT ARE HEALTHIER THAN AMERICANS. STOP ALL AID TO NATIONS THAT ACTUALLY DONT NEED IT. IF I OWNED LAND I WOULDNT NEED FOOD STAMPS AFTER I STARTED GROWING MY OWN FOOD AND LIVESTOCK. SAME PRINCIPAL. FOREIGN AID SHOULD BE USED AS LEVERAGE TO PUNISH NATIONS THAT ABUSE AMERICAN TOURISTS AND DONT DELIVER JUSTICE.

AMERICA NEEDS TO STOP ALLOWING PREDATORY CAPITALISTS TO USE US TO FUCK OVER EVERYONE.

America needs to be righteous, fair, and nudge others into self sufficiency and enlightenment. We need to give the world every reason to love us and no reason to hate us.

/rant
>>
>>33203643
gas, fool. crowd control.
>>
>>33202898

Are you on drugs?

You would be a domestic terrorist overnight and, yes, the police would come and stop you.
>>
>>33202340
>>33202511
>>
If I can have access to these things I don't see why cops can't.

My biggest problem is the erosion of constitutional rights since 9/11 and the fact that cops almost never get punished when they clearly fly off the handle and do something wrong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Rekia_Boyd
>>
>>33203361

senpai you do realize military personnel get preference over civis, right? hell even in the fire service you get bonus points for being military.

also, just because both jobs involve having a gun, I don't think we need soldiers who just got back from iraq suffering from combat withdraw being our police. We need cops who actually know how to talk to people instead of just purposefully escalating the situation just so they can cuff the guy and leave.
>>
>>33203967

Have you seen all the YouTube vids of cops being murdered? Police are shown these in training.

I'd be paranoid too.

And BLM probably watches vids of cops murdering blacks.

Its literally how a race war is inadvertently being set up in America.

Gotta look at both sides.
>>
>>33204021

the video of the crazy vet with the m1 just shows rookies a textbook situation where you just gotta shoot a nigga. the problem for cops is that you have a lot of red tape you gotta process before you do something, or else it can bite you in the ass. its the same with most emergency response folks.
>>
>>33204021
yeah but if you fuck up and shoot a 7 year old girl in the face because a 90 year old grandma was resisting (this happened in Arizona I'm not making this up) you should face consequences.
>>
>>33202839
>$34,000/yr salary
bullshit, your cop union would have you strike over pay that low.

even the hick sheriffs dept where i live make more than that. also this is the county where i grew up. you fuckers are mafia with badges and a pension.

www.wral.com/news/local/story/3070242

http://wunc.org/post/federal-investigation-finds-alleged-police-corruption-northampton-county#stream/0

https://www.policeone.com/police-products/investigation/articles/1704668-Saga-of-N-C-police-corruption-ends/

the list goes on and on.
>>
>>33203015
they need more money for more steroids to lift that much.
>>
>>33202511
I'm ok with this.

But cops need to realize their job is to apprehend people, not execute them.
>>
>>33203249
the cocaine wars only got bad in south florida in a VERY SMALL area, among brown savages that even the other south americans hated and looked down on.
>>
>>33203321
well, dirty ass cops should stop selling them the "destroyed" turn in guns, and guns already used in crimes that they stole from evidence to the gangs.

>BAAAAAWWWW DONT GET PAID ENOUGH, HAVE TO TURN TO CORRUPTION!!!!
>>
>>33203328
>lesser evolved
when will the eugenics meme die
>>
>>33204647
>>33203334
>>33203400
>people with no experience with """misguided urban youth"""
These people have no excuse for their behavior. There is no such poverty in this country that necessitates that these people go around killing children and the elderly and smoking crack to get by. Go out and meet even some of the mild thug kids and you'll see how human they are.
>>
>>33203967
You have access to dragon dildos, anon.
Does it mean that cops should sport them?
>>
File: 1378680860865.jpg (47KB, 606x591px) Image search: [Google]
1378680860865.jpg
47KB, 606x591px
>>33202340
I am fine with police having body armor and long guns.
I am also fine with them getting surplussed equipment from the military.

What I am not fine with is this level of bullshit, the police are not supposed to be armed LARPers pretending to be operators.
>>
>>33202532
>Considering our inner cities are largely mini-Mogadishus
Have you ever been to the hood or is this just what you've heard on Faux News? I grew up in a shit neighborhood in Chicago and yeah if you get caught up in gang bullshit you're likely to get shot but calling it Somalia is a little much.
>>
If they are dressed and equiped like soldiers no one should be mad when they are shot down like one. Although I actually give a shit about soldiers unlike cops.
>>
File: wtf im looking.jpg (18KB, 395x387px) Image search: [Google]
wtf im looking.jpg
18KB, 395x387px
>>33203087
>>
>>33203268
Probably a lesbian
>>
>>33205130
You assume I haven't. Their chronic, generational behavioral issues are psychological, not genetic. Stupid often begets stupid,not because of a Stupid Gene, but because people, and especially children, are impressionable, and if all you know is poverty, you will often end up poor, and If all you know is violence, you'll default to using force to solve your problems. The existence of white trash supports this point.
>>
>>33203072
sadly, real life is not an anime
>>
>>33202905
I miss blartposting :(
>>
>>33205420
>assuming they are poor
What if I told you that a good chunk of the people I've met have not been extremely poor. Most of them had mothers working multiple jobs (albeit shitty jobs and shitty work ethic) and came from neighborhoods comparable to the one I grew up in which is fine. All they know is violence and poverty because they bring that upon themselves. It is most definitely genetic paired with psychological conditioning but all of the psychological issues come from themselves. Even blacks with money underperform and are generally dangerous enough that I consider "militarized" police a good solution to nigs nigging.
>>
>>33204021
Sure they have a right to be paranoid but their paranoia isn't backed by evidence. Cops being murdered is at an all time low. The only thing that actually supports cop being overly paranoid and trigger happy is the Dallas shooting but since the the targeted murders of cops while they work has only happened one this decade I don't count that as a reason. Also the number of cops have been growing since the 1980's (when cops were being killed at almost three times the rate they are right now). Shouldn't more cops = more deaths because there are more them out in the field with the chance to be killed? But that hasn't been the case.
>>
>>33202340
>How does /k/ feel about police militarization culture in local law enforcement?

If you're talking just equipment, it's nothing new. LE has been getting military equipment since WWI.

If you're talking this attitude of an occupying force, it's pretty shitty and counter productive for actual police work. If people are too afraid to come to you to report crime or provide witness testimony then you're fuckin up and it's going to directly hurt your case clearance rate.

>Is it fair for Officer John Smith to play "soldier", even if they haven't had any prior military experience?

As a veteran I just could not give less of a fuck. I don't care if it's "fair" I just think it's gay as fuck. If you want to play soldier enlist. Each branch even as a military law enforcement field.

>What's your personal take on tacticool cops and tacticool culture in everyday local law enforcement, discuss.

There are some good things and some bad things.

Good:
Many agencies have started developing Active Shooter Response doctrines. Individual Cops/Deputies go through a few weeks of training and are then issued ARs and tactical gear so if there is an active shooter they can respond as soon as they are on scene without waiting for SWAT. This is a great program and every agency, especially the smaller agencies in which SWAT is made up LEOs from multiple counties or departments and are slower to respond, should have it.

Bad:
Most LEOs that aren't part of tactical teams full time still have abysmal firearm training. They also have shitty defensive tactics training and use of force doctrine becomes built around this so cops tend to shoot unarmed people rather than subdue with physical force. They also tend to do stupid shit like negligently discharge into someone who is surrendering or cuffed sometimes killing them.
>>
>>33202723
>Care to provide a counterpoint?
I imagine he's talking about the "Punisher" logo.

The Punisher is the antithesis of law enforcement. Yes it's cringey as fuck when cops wear the Punisher logo on their uniform.
>>
>>33203029
>Only in pockets of the inner cities, where the culture has been so ass-fucked by African dysgenics for so long that moving to a white area is the only way to succeed.

FTFY
>>
>>33202567
>Cops have been "militarizing" ever since the early 1900's. Cops used to use shit like Thompsons and BARs. If the general population can gain access to such advanced techology, that means criminals can too so it's absolutely neccesary for police to be able to utilize the same equipment too. Emphasis on training.

This. I got ahold of my WASR-10 when the media was on fire about how scary police have become with their armored vehicles and shit.

Then I saw what 7.62x39 does to auto body panels at 50 yards. Let the cops have all the armored vehicles they want. We just can't allow the actual individuals get a Judge Dredd mentality. They're there to be the strong arm of the law, not walking punishment.

There is a standard of behavior we can expect, but if a suspect is being a belligerent fuckwad and/or outright combative, I have nothing but sympathy for the cops and only the cops.
>>
>>33205625
>If you want to play soldier enlist

Did you ever stop to think that many cops likely come from the same place you did? I'd have to believe that's the reason for some of the shit we see today.

Durr.
>>
>>33203101
Guess why. I'll give you two guesses.
>>
File: b23.png (473KB, 600x706px) Image search: [Google]
b23.png
473KB, 600x706px
>>33203016

>Explicitly oath keeper like myself
>>
>>33202340
>culture

It is fucking atrocious. Literal judge dredd mentality.

http://reason.com/blog/2015/08/03/swat-team-liable-for-wrong-house-flash-b

Case in point: Indiana police chief sends a SWAT team to raid the wrong house because someone on a wifi AP in that house was "threatening" cops, flashbang an old woman, terrorize her grandchild, put on a big press release refusing to acknowledge guilt, then had to have their qualified immunity claim slapped down by a higher court.
>>
>>33202511
Snake eyes confirm
>>
>>33203072
You forgot the most important points

>Are literally an international assassination team under the guise of hostage rescue
>Get disbanded and liquidated because they go outside of the law only to reconstitute in secret

They are only the "good guys" by author and viewer fiat. We "know" they are the good guys because we see it from their perspective.

Imagine if tomorrow it came out that Trump had committed treason and a secret international hostage rescue unit that was previously disbanded for breaking US law helped him evade legitimate impeachment. Would you really view them as the "good guys"? Of course to be a contrarian you're going to say "YEAH" but in real life, you probably wouldn't.
>>
>>33205691
How about that baby/toddler that was flashbanged a couple years ago and got super fucked up from it?
>>
>>33202340
Police Unions seem to be the issue by encouraging easily exploitable laws and regulations. There are bad cops out there, they should be held accountable, and they most certainly should have incidents of abuses recorded.

As for militarization, the the governments should focus more on training rather than free equipment handed out by the Federal Government and the effects would likely be amazing service.
>>
>>33205701

That was another horror show.

Just as disturbing as the aftermath was the decision of the county police honchos to shove all blame onto a single incompetent investigator (who was later acquitted), thus denying any sort of wrongdoing on their casual use of SWAT for routine bullshit. This is expected: the abandonment of traditional police surveillance and planning in favor of operator faggotry was done solely to secure federal grant monies.
>>
>>33203328
There's no such thing as "lesser evolved". Everything from centipedes to sharks to niggers to white people are the evolved to the same degree. It's just whether or not they're adapted to the environments they currently live in. Centipedes are evolved quite well for hiding under rocks and hunting insects, while humans would fare poorly in that niche. Conversely, black people are better adapted to a hunter-gatherer jungle lifestyle due to their malaria resistance and darker skin. They're poorly adapted to western civilization because of their lower intelligence and predisposition to anti-social behavior.
>>
File: 16.jpg (78KB, 860x460px) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
78KB, 860x460px
>>33204021
>inadvertently
>>
I think we should go full on Judge dredd personally
>>
>>33205801
This, but with a politically correct attitude.
>>
>>33205420
>The existence of white trash supports this point.

It actually doesn't since the poorest white community in America has less crime than the wealthiest black one.

Also see Minnesota Trans-racial adoption study.
>>
>>33205639
THANK YOU.
I've been saying that for so fucking long, Finally someone fucking agrees with me.
>>
>>33202340
As long as it is used appropriately, sure.
Biggest issue I have is is when LE turn their department into a miniature mafia syndicate or hire a bunch of tryhards with sticks up their asses that take average routine traffic stops way out of proportion.
Those people need to rot.
>>
File: Nothin personel kid.png (446KB, 698x760px) Image search: [Google]
Nothin personel kid.png
446KB, 698x760px
>>33205801
>he actually wants cops to have free reign to shoot anyone they deem guilty on sight
Say that next time a democrat gets elected.
>>
>>33205874
>inb4 the right thinking cops will go judge dredd on all the demonrats and kill them off

oh wait there are peop^H^H^H^Hchildren on this board who actually believe this should happen
>>
>>33203694

TL;DR version pls
>>
>>33204013

This.

Half of the soldiers that come back all fucked up in the head will hear a tire pop and JESUS CHRISTMAS ENEMY CONTACT DISPATCH REQUESTING BACKUP SHOTS FIRED
>>
Why is it always city cops doing the stupid shit /k/?
>>
>>33205801

The bootlicker plays in the sunlight
>>
>>33202340

Soldiers make shitty cops.

Quit hiring vets.

/thread.
>>
>>33205703
>Police Unions seem to be the issue

Hardly. The average cop is just as receptive to legal shortcuts and constitutional workarounds, because they are always sold as "officer safety", or just making their job easier: can't those uppity civilians just take an intrusive non-consensual search if it helps catch a criminal.
>>
>>33206450
>Why is it always city cops doing the stupid shit /k/?

Because city cops more often than not don't live around the people they police.

Bubba the deputy is likely to personally know and have grown up with the person who he's pulling over for running the one stop light in town. And he works for Jim the Sheriff who also runs the General Store.

There is room for a lot of bullshit corruption and graft in that small town agency (especially against outsiders), but there is also a more direct check on police/deputy behavior.
>>
File: BQyZCa8gUrt.jpg (110KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
BQyZCa8gUrt.jpg
110KB, 480x480px
>>33208126

This is also true, lots of cops live outside of the city they work for, usually in suburban neighborhoods.

Many aspiring police officers gain interest in Law Enforcement during their youth, sometimes as delinquent youth or Police Cadets. The most common reason they join is to literally help build their community, to achieve a status where they can one day advocate for and reform the police department, but not the only reason but it's usually something with very good, optimistic intentions.

Since Cadet programs serve low income parts of town, people in the community get directly involved in their community and learn how the city works firsthand, by living in it hence giving them a better understanding of the community they may serve for when they hopefully decide to become officers. Cadet programs should always be about community outreach, and pushing youth to have meaningful police careers.

I don't agree taking Cadets to riots and protects like it's a fucking field trip, gives off a very "Hitler Youth" vibe, especially since their friends are probably on the other side of the skirmish line getting maced. Not only does that influence a political bias, but protesting and criticizing and holding your elected officials accountable is literally an American right.
>>
>>33208616

Cops are literally the youth's enemy, no matter what part of the world you live in. Cops sometimes act like bullies when it comes to dealing with kids, rebuilding trust in the community is an important stepping stone in reforming the police, instead of citizens having to feel like growing eyes behind their head. Fear is not the best crime deterrent, as sometimes it may steer them into a street life because of a past interaction that traumatized the kid.
>>
>>33208666
*authoritarian cops
>>
>>33208126

Community policing statistically works better. People should be able to interact with sworn officers on a conversational level. Unfortunately, that only happens in rural/small towns. I'd be interesting seeing that on a city level.
>>
>>33208702

That was the way it used to be even in cities, before the focus shifted from peacekeeping to law enforcement. Modern jurisprudence having nothing to do with keeping peace does not help.
>>
>>33203016
>mass confiscation
Isn't going to happen. It's going to be done incrementally, and you retards are going to go along with it like you always do.
>>
>>33202340
ACAB
>>
>>33202340

To be honest ideally I'd prefer for the National Guard to be devolved to state militias which would themselves assume the role of most policing activities therein. Local constabulary services would in turn be reduced to civil enforcement organizations for things like parking, etc.
>>
>>33208990
So, NG takes care of actual dangerous shit that SWAT would normally be fore, and police provide domestic rule enforcement and peacekeeping? I like it.
>>
>>33206486
Almost all legal searches are intrusive and non-consensual. That's kind of the point of a search.
>>
>>33209309

The issue is the legal bar for a search being lowered to the point of non-existence. The recent trend of the judiciary allowing cavity searches under even the most routine circumstance is a contentious topic. Guess which side the cops are taking.
>>
>>33209309
I assume he means the way cops can just say " I think I smelled weed, so I now have reasonable suspicion, so now you're getting booked, jailed, stripped, and held." and they can just do that for at least two days.
>>
>>33202810

Sublime, sir.
>>
>>33209286
People already complain about SWAT response times, what makes you think NG units will be able to respond in any reasonable amount of time?
>>
>>33209402
If they have microbases set up in strategic places like PDs are, I don't see what the big difference would be.
>>
>>33209342
Kinda funny, tbqh. People are so focused on the 2nd amendment that they completely missed the fact that our 4th amendment rights have been raped into oblivion. He'll, many of you support that on the idea that expanded police powers help keep niggers in check. Friendly reminder that police powers that can be used against blacks can be used against you as well.
>>
File: Marine Corps MAARS system robot.jpg (598KB, 2400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Marine Corps MAARS system robot.jpg
598KB, 2400x1800px
Police in:
Chicago
Baltimore
St Louis
South Los Angeles
Washington DC

should be militarized. They aren't dealing with humans day to day, they deal with completely different species while barely armed.

Either let them be militarized or send in treaded drones with M249s on top.
>>
>>33209471
Let me guess.

By "completely different species"

You mean...?
>>
>>33202340
I have no problem with cops owning cool guns as long as I get to own the same guns also.
>>
File: BALTIMORE-GANGS.jpg (313KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
BALTIMORE-GANGS.jpg
313KB, 2000x1000px
America allowed their cities to become mini-Mogadishus. So fuck yeah, the police should be militarized. Either that or wall of the fucking shitholes and let the infestation starve itself.
>>
File: motor-mp7-592x450.jpg (56KB, 592x450px) Image search: [Google]
motor-mp7-592x450.jpg
56KB, 592x450px
>>33209545

dream on, pleb
>>
>>33202817
>giant obsession with The Punisher anyways
muh comics muh childhood
>>
>>33203465
>civvyfag
lmao keep on fighting for the ZOG you fucking goy
>>
>>33209551
If you really think the shit we deal with here, even at its worst, holds a candle to the sheer depravity of Mogadishu, you haven't been paying attention to what's really going on over there.
>>
>>33209352
First off, they smell weed, it gives them reason to detain you only while they search your vehicle, and provided you're not a drug dealer, the most you're getting is a ticket. It's pretty sensible to investigate such a noticeable odor. If there's no odor, the cop doesn't want to search you. He wants to run your name, give you your warning/ticket, and move on with his day. Same if he doesn't find anything in his search. If he books you, he could lose his job when you sue the department and the public gets pissed, and he's not going to spend the hour and a half booking you and getting a blood test warrant for the sole reward of having his supervisor berate him about it.

Unless you, like, piss on his shoes or something. But then he'll have a perfectly good reason to arrest you.

And don't get me wrong, it sucks that the criteria for getting your shit turned upside down is so vague, but there's currently no other way to try and catch weed DUIs unless they're so stoned they can't speak. At that point, it's a massive public safety concern, and I'm willing to get my shit tossed if it might save someone's life.
>>
>>33209607
No one cares about your problems, Mbutu.
>>
>>33209662
To move the goalposts a bit, let's add a "drug sniffer" dog to the equation, knowing that they're bullshit and trained to "mark" on command.
>>
>>33209662
i had a discussion with a cop about the whole blood drawing thing at 3am while taking a sobriety test

>are you high
nope.avi
>have you smoked weed in the last 30 days
yep
>well i can take you down to the station and have an expert look over you and take blood tests
ok are you actually going to do that?
>nope.avi

they concluded i was neither drunk or high

>i was both
>>
>>33209662

Firstly, the current lowered legal bar means cops have nothing to fear if they simply made up legal justification for a search out of thin air. Early in the drug war, one judge called this a "get out of jail free card for perjury". A cop does not even need to smell weed to justify a search today, he simply needs to say he did.

Along the same lines, SCOTUS has ruled that a cue from dog is enough to justify a search. This is even when dogs have been shown to have a 1 in 3 chance of accurately detecting drugs, and K9 trainers have been caught falsifying training certifications, or teaching dogs to respond to hand cues from their handlers.

>but there's currently no other way to try and catch weed DUIs unless they're so stoned they can't speak.

There is no scientifically proven method to assess so-called marijuana intoxication. Hence the cases of cops making up a reason to throw someone in jail for 48 hours based on their own biases.

>a massive public safety concern

It isn't. The drug war has demonstrably increased danger to the citizenry.

>if it might save someone's life

It won't.
>>
>>33208990

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_State_shootings

NG are even worse than the Detroit Police Department when it comes to not shotting libs and nigs. There would be bigger riots.
>>
File: baltimore.jpg (85KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
baltimore.jpg
85KB, 640x480px
I FIXED IT

Police officers should only deal with normal people. They should engage with the old lady who needs assistance, the random speeder, the random car accident, etc.

Armed security robots should deal with the high crime areas with immediate offensive engagements of all targets in the area.

There is no reason for a cop to need to "get to know" a community in fucking Baltimore. Engage and move on until an area is cleared out.
>>
>>33203630
You mean like what happened in Watertown after the Boston Bombing?
>>
>>33209402
>>33209286
>>33209786

Like I said, the NG as it currently exists would cease to be, being replaced by statewide militias (whose displacement patterns would mirror PDs, a la >>33209432). Said militias would be tasked with violent crime enforcement, riot control, disaster response, etc. They would be solely respondent to state governors and incapable of nationalization under any circumstance.

Traditional military capabilities once assumed by NG commands would consequently be transferred to an expanded reserve force.
>>
>>33209784
>There is no scientifically proven method to assess so-called marijuana intoxication. Hence the cases of cops making up a reason to throw someone in jail for 48 hours based on their own biases.
It's called a blood test and it's currently the only way they can charge you with a DUI for marijuana. If they suspect you of being high as a kite and take you to the station, they will likely have their blood test results back within the next 24 hours, and if you're not demonstrably high, they'll let you go. Again, they can't really throw you i jail without a reason, the jail isn't gonna accept an inmate without a penal code and bail assigned to them so if someone comes to get them out they can. Falsifying that means the prosecutor is going to end up pressing charges and then having to drop them when it's revealed there's jack shit for evidence, which will guaranteed piss him/her off and get the cop who did it a very bad day award. In theory they can detain you without reason for that long, but provided you're not widely suspected of terrorism, all that's gonna do is piss off their precinct and get them in loads of shit they don't want to deal with.

I don't know how you don't consider DUI a massive safety hazard. I personally knew three people who have been killed by drunk drivers and one who broke his femur when a high college kid ran him over.

>>33209764
>>i was both
Cool, you were obviously not enough of either to fail the sobriety test, so I hope that means you weren't a driving danger to everyone around you. Either way, take the cap next time, a DUI on your record is not worrth the trouble.
>>
>>33210105
>It's called a blood test and it's currently the only way they can charge you with a DUI for marijuana

The blood tests are scientifically inconclusive. Unlike alcohol DUI (which is a simple yes/no test), marijuana intoxication is wildly subjective in the context of blood levels required for impairment or incapacitation.

The drug war has handed over study of prohibited substances to DEA politicians instead of FDA scientists. Any law (state or federal) passed on DEA recommendations is political, not scientific.

>they will likely have their blood test results back within the next 24 hours, and if you're not demonstrably high, they'll let you go

Oh, it's only a day in prison based on a cop's hunch, which may well have been imagined out of bias or malfeasance. No big deal then.

>Falsifying that means the prosecutor is going to end up pressing charges and then having to drop them when it's revealed there's jack shit for evidence, which will guaranteed piss him/her off and get the cop who did it a very bad day award

As discussed before, there are exactly zero legal repercussions (and likely zero or very little professional consequences) when a cop throws someone in prison for a hunch, falsified or otherwise. The local DA is but one party that cops must satiate.

>don't know how you don't consider DUI a massive safety hazard

I consider alcohol DUI to be a safety hazard (massive is a subjective term). Marijuana, not so much.
>>
>>33210321

Pulled over for Marijuana? Lmao.
>>
>>33210321
>Being incapacitated in a manner which may affect my decision making and reaction times is way worse than being incapacitated in a manner which may affect my decision making and reaction times

Your kind of thinking is the kind that orphans children. Howabout keep to yourself when stoned or drunk, yeah?
>>
>>33202532

Do you not understand the self-fulfilling prophecy of creating these ghettos by further giving the police more executive leniency?
>>
>>33210572
Ghettos are created by the inhabitants being useless, criminal shitpiles that burn down their own neighborhoods, scare away investment, and drive down property values and thus school funding. Cops enforcing the law can only improve ghettos.
>>
>>33202898

>Every station I've been to has a TV in the break room that seems to always be tuned to Fox news.
This reality is as discomforting to be as hypothetical left-wing tyranny.
>>
>>33210618
A bomb can do more.
>>
>>33210618

>Ghettos are created by the inhabitants being useless...

Stopped reading there.

You can hate "nigger culture" all you want, but dont pretend like a 12 year old kid getting shot by a cop is to blame. The 2016 Missouri internal report by the DOJ clearly uncovered blatant harassment of the police force towards the black population. Not a surprise that they chimp out.

But I guess its easier to hope for the day of the rope and jack off to your delusional idea of hanging the all someday.
>>
>>33210529

Oh look, it's the "think of the children" bullshit argument, the favorite of gun-grabbers and drug warrior fanatics alike.

Provide a link to a peer-reviewed medical study that actually documents marijuana's effects on reaction time and decision making impact in a scientifically measurable and reproducible way. Then you can attempt to scientifically justify attempted legislation regarding marijuana intoxication.

Or don't bother, I know you have absolutely nothing on either point.
>>
>>33210618
>Ghettos are created by the inhabitants being useless,
Ghettos with strong gang presence are more functional states than Iraq or Afghanistan. They have power over their borders both in physical and economic force.

>Cops enforcing the law can only improve ghettos.
What the fuck does handing out black rifles to patrol cops have to do with property prices? Fuck, have you ever seen boys in blue going around in fuckin' Action Dress in rich suburbs? And it's not like stomping around with black rifles and plate armor ever fixed a failed state.
>>
File: weekend soldiers.png (33KB, 756x756px) Image search: [Google]
weekend soldiers.png
33KB, 756x756px
>>33203058
Im sorry did You mean these guys
>>
>>33210676
at what point can you stop blaming whitey and finally just acknowledge the fact that hes mostly right you know.
>>
>>33210885
He's not blaming whitey, he's saying that police indeed harass people and are equally responsible for "chimp-outs" as the chimpers themselves, since the police antagonize and agitate people in ghettos.

Also, ghettos aren't exclusively black anyway. There's plenty of poor whites, mexicans, and other people of ethnicities to go around. It's not a nigger problem, it's a class problem.
>>
>>33210885
No blaming whitey here, at least not current whitey. Everyone is personally culpable for their own actions, of course, but societal factors need to be taken into account. There is literally no science saying that black people are significantly predisposed to violence or anger due to genetics. What there is evidence of is sociological causes, which can be fixed, given time and someone actually making the goddamn effort to do so.
>>
>>33210702
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/600655
>(b) linear movement time was significantly reduced after smoking marijuana
>(d) error rates for the two types of motor movements increased significantly and especially for linear movements as the dose level increased.

However, as you've stated, how badly affected someone smoking pot is is all about the person and the pot. It's damn near impossible to correlate solid data on what will happen to a given person without abstractly determining the effects through experimentation. Reaction time is generally a 50/50 on whether it will be impaired, but motor skills very likely will be, which is not good. It's also fair to note, even if you don't, some people suffer from adverse psychological effects under the influence of marijuana, the most commonly know one usually being paranoia. Also fair to note is that suppliers can be dubious and the purity of the drug used is always in question, as some marijuana is laced with other drugs to make it more desirable.

You asked me to justify legislation, and according to the distinct lack of fair, measurable statistics, it should be illegal to drive with THC in your system above an experimentally determined average zero intake baseline. Because how impaired someone may or may not be, it's only fair to assume an intoxicated individual is incapable of safe operation. Frankly, it should be similar for alcohol. It's not as variable, but some people can hold it a lot better than others, but everyone is held to the same non-zero standard for driving. When it comes to safety on public roads which driving on is a privilege, zero tolerance is the only responsible policy.
>>
>>33210972
Also, I'd like to point out the child argument is not liberal bullshit. It's just because my personal experience includes an orphaned child who's mother was killed in a collision with someone under the influence. Kid was lucky to be okay, though.
>>
>>33210951
>>33210906
I never said this was a race issue. I used whitey because i thought you were making it a race issue. That being said, It is a class problem and a culture problem. If society stopped glorifying other non american cultures then this can end. until then, cest la vie.
>>
>>33211012
Oh. Good. We agree then.
>>
>>33210843
But the US military would never fire on civilians. Especially not on civilians that own guns and support gun rights!
>>
Personally, I don't care for the trend of tacticool in policing, but the equipment and tactics are often useful and necessary.

Get Lenco Bearcats and whatever armored vehicles you feel are necessary for high risk situations, but why not paint them like any other police vehicle, instead of coyote tan straight from Iraq?
Sure, rifle plates are important. But why not put them into uniform shirt style carriers instead of high speed low drag MOLLE gear?
I think this all ties in with professional presence. Regardless of what you're doing, you should still look like a cop
>>
Copa are civilians. Civilians can be tacticool cunts if they want to. Mall ninjas gotta defend their mall.
>>
>>33210972

The Nixon Admin openly admitted to making Liberals (Hippies) and Blacks = Weed consumers

People in our government have admitted this is the main reason we had a "Drug War", was to make the left look like criminals and make the right look like saints. It actually sets up on how LEAs started getting gear to help crack down the "hippie movement", later strolling on the Kent State incident.

As far as the book gives you a vivid walkthrough, I just picked up the book that OP referenced at the Library and it somewhat brushes up alot on the Nixon/Regan years and their disclosed tactics, I believe it's free online though. Interesting book so far, pretty neutral too. The blame is not entirely on the police, whites are equally targeted for drugs as are other ethnic groups for outdated political reasons. Now, it's a business since private prisons are cashing in.
>>
Anybody who falls for the police militarization meme is fucking retarded.

Yes that includes you OP.
>>
>>33209662
>he could lose his job when you sue the department and the public gets pissed

These are all fictional. It is very difficult to fire cops because of Police Unions, people sue and either the city pays (sometimes), they lose (more often), or they don't have the money or knowledge to bring a civil suit against the city (most of the time). And most people don't give a fuck if someone who is not them or their friend or family is pulled over and fucked with. The most common response you'll find is "well they must have done something to deserve it!"
>>
>>33211212

The conversation is about tacticool in everyday policing.

Active shooters, hostage situation are exempt. Do we really need MRAPS patrolling the streets?
>>
>>33211264
This is not an argument. This deep into a thread, you should at least say something of substance.
>>
File: 1485853375273.gif (326KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
1485853375273.gif
326KB, 500x269px
>>33211286

This.

Edgelords out pls
>>
>>33202340
Cops who follow the law and uphold it are to be admired. Those who use their job to bully others or be corrupt. Deserve to put against the wall. Betraying the public as a civil servant is treason. It doesn't matter what they use as equipment.
>>
>>33210972

Firstly, try including the other two summary points on insignificant effects Secondly, with a sample size is six, the results are in themselves statistically suspect (another effect of medical study of marijuana being barred by drug war legislation). Thirdly, the study actually notes that only using three dosage levels is also statistically suspect.

>Reaction time is generally a 50/50 on whether it will be impaired
>motor skills very likely will be

No, that would be your own made up number and guess respectively.

>some people suffer from adverse psychological effects under the influence of marijuana, the most commonly know one usually being paranoia

Relevance with respect to impairment?

>as some marijuana is laced with other drugs to make it more desirable

Then medical professionals should do a study on that other drug, or perhaps a study on marijuana with that drug in conjunction. Oh wait, they can't, because of the drug war fanatics.

>it should be illegal to drive with THC in your system above an experimentally determined average zero intake baseline

Scientifically, there is no reliable baseline. Even alcohol has a non-zero baseline. A zero-tolerance policy on marijuana is born from blind ideology, not science or medicine.
>>
>>33211317
It's not about the equipment, it's about the militarized attitudes.
>>
>>33211337
Like I said. If it is in service of the people, what does it matter?
>>
>>33211347
It's not. When you're an army, all criminals, and "criminals", are enemy combatants, and you shoot to kill.
>>
>>33211347
not that guy, but militarized attitudes agitate and antagonize people, which will escalate situations unnecessarily and provoke people to violence they wouldn't have otherwise done
>>
>>33202340
We wouldn't need police which armored vehicles if we didn't have the blacks, muslims and mexicans
>>
>>33210989

Using personal anecdotes to justify a wider statement is also bullshit.
>>
>>33211359
>>33211363
Its a situation that plays off of each other. Black that are silly kill cops at random. Cops fear being killed at random so they adopt stronger equipment. I don't think there can be a victor.
>>
>>33211396
>Cops fear being killed at random so they adopt stronger equipment.
There's maybe 40 cops per year killed by homicide (Out of about 800,000 to 1,000,000 sworn LEOs). Out of the entire country. So how many of those do you think are black people "being silly"?
>>
>>33211347

It's contradictory, because the people pay them. When you take that oath, you're personal shit stays behind you. You are now a public servant, a representative of the law.

Soldiers are trained in one specific curriculum, and that attitude doesn't belong in police culture. Police Officers are civilians, therefore are equivalent to their fellow citizens. When they commit a crime, they aren't court martialed. Authority comes with responsibility, and if you can't handle that and treat those you are supposed to be helping, then you shouldn't be allowed to be a cop.

That's why people consider Firefighters heroes, while cops are always openly criticized for warranted reasons and declared corrupt.
>>
>>33211396
Cop killers are not heroes in gangs, dude. They're ostracized because they interrupt the status quo and make the cops bring the hammer down. Ghetto violence is almost always about power, respect, money, or turf. Killing a cop jeopardizes all of those.

What I'm saying is, the cops have historically thrown the first stone in these kinds of situations. Not justifying the actions of the criminals, of course.
>>
File: 1479000448434.jpg (3MB, 2413x2616px) Image search: [Google]
1479000448434.jpg
3MB, 2413x2616px
Don't like it one bit, Police are meant to police, and they need to be in that head space to make arrests and not executions. Giving them milsurps equipment means they'll be more inclined to act as a military rather than civilians policing other civilians.

so no, they really shouldn't get the cool shit. They should get their normal gear and they should just fucking deal with it. If they want the cool toys, they need to be trained for SWAT. That is the entire reason why we have SWAT.

If i'm not allowed to play soldier at my job, frankly they should either.
>>
>>33211447
What porpoise could he possibly have for a grenade launcher in this setting?
>>
>>33211428
Its not about statistics its about subjective opinion. Increased media presence affects everyone who is to dumb to look at statistics. I.e. most people.
>>33211440
>Police Officers are civilians
They are in service to their country. just the same as soldiers, irregardless of the current conflict. If you want to serve your country, you are held in a higher regard. You go against the people, you are a traitor.
>>33211443
If you are a cop you serve the people not yourself. Abuse that and you are a traitor. Traitor get death. Can't handle that...don't be a cop.
>>
>>33211557
You're retarded, your grammar sucks, and you missed the point of my post (>>33211443) completely. I was talking about the GANG MEMBERS who kill cops, not THE COPS, you overripe tomato.
>>
>>33211546
Teargas

do you not see the crowd behind him?
>>
>>33209471
I live in St Louis, you have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
>>33211578
Ah. Still seems like overkill, but fair.
>>
>>33211573
Sorry my man, I have been drinking. That been said my point remains. Kill a cop and cops get harsher. Cops get harsher and more needless violence happens. I.E. plays off of each other.
>>
>>33211557

No. They are in service to their city and their state, and can be fired, reprimanded if they fuck up. They are civilians. It's a job with greater responsibility since it's a backbone of a structural local government.

Soldiers are in service to their country/political affiliates, not defending the Constitution is treasonous.
>>
>>33211628

True. Like that episode of Luke Cage where the NYPD starts harassing and hustling random people when Luke gets framed by his evil brother. Some cops just have that wolfpack mentality, fucking meatheads.
>>
>>33211557
>hey are in service to their country. just the same as soldiers, regardless of the current conflict

Wow, really enjoying the gloryhole in your local precinct huh? no, they are here to enforce the law and maintain the domestic peace. It's a job, not an obligated service.
>>
>>33211557
Subjective opinion doesn't matter. They're police officers once they don that uniform. They cease to be John Q. Public. They can't carry their personal paranoia and vendettas into their job.

Police are NOT in service to "their country" IE the federal government, like the military is. They serve the state or local government only, and are CIVILIANS. According to what's actually written in the law, they don't get any more protections than you or I. Of course, that's not what actually happens, but they're supposed to be held to the same standards as us.
>>
>>33211648
>reprimanded if they fuck up
Which mean payed time off for "accidentally" shooting innocent civilians. A solider serves their country just as a cop does. The only cops that get the hammer are the overt super retards.
>>33211690
Cops are there to protect the citizenry. Abuse that and you are a traitor.
>>33211698
>They cease to be John Q. Public. They can't carry their personal paranoia and vendettas into their job.
The blue line exists. And no matter what you say they are still people and people are weak. Do you think that most people can just leave their personal opinion behind? I don't think so. Cops are generally above the average citizen. If I accident shot a another person I would be in jail for along time. They most like just get a relative slap on the wrist.
>>
File: nypd-film-fest.jpg (66KB, 1200x807px) Image search: [Google]
nypd-film-fest.jpg
66KB, 1200x807px
We need more people like Frank Serpico today more than ever.
>>
>>33211557
>They are in service to their country. just the same as soldiers,
thats literally incorrect, cops' jurisdiction and responsibility stops at the city, MAYBE the county if it's out in the sticks

>>33211648
>not defending the Constitution is treasonous.
except the military has been called out in the past to break up protests, violating the first amendment, soooooooo yeah. also the military is not police. they don't have arresting power or anything beyond what civilians do. if anything, "defending the constitution" in any regard would probably be overstepping their boundaries; defending americans' rights to do things on american soil would probably be more a judge's job, not a soldier's job
>>
>>33211686
>that wolfpack mentality, fucking meatheads.
aren't most cops in the US people who failed or got otherwise run out of the army or marines
>>
>>33211739
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/politics/justices-rule-police-do-not-have-a-constitutional-duty-to-protect.html?_r=0

please bring better bait mate
>>
>>33211739
Your opinion is fucking baffling me. Do you think cops are justified in acting like mallninja dickheads, riding around in blacked out armored vans and wearing HSLD helmets with helmet-flashlights, balaclavas, MOLLE gear and jackboots, or are you against that.
>>
>>33211396
>Black that are silly kill cops at random.
incorrect
>Cops fear being killed at random so they adopt stronger equipment.
most cops that die are killed by traffic when approaching a car they've pulled over. why don't they start carrying more flares and orange cones instead of automatic weapons with underslung grenade launchers, decked out in clothing straight out of an action movie?

>>33211771
>police-do-not-have-a-constitutional-duty-to-protect.html
this always makes me kek hard every time i hear it

why even have cops at all if they're not obligated to help you?
>>
>>33211739

Yes and no, but I'm with ya kinda. All that unserved justice plays in the courtroom. Most of the "accidental discharge" or "feared for my life" cops are provided with really good attorneys which play with the jury to work in the favor of the accused. Sometimes, eliminating impartial jurors to specifically put pro-cop jurors on the bench.

An interesting show that depicts that is the OJ Simpson case, I think American Crime Story: The People VS OJ Simpson is on Netflix. It's actually very insightful trial of how fucked the justice system really is if you have money on your side, even if the facts are right there. In this case, is the reason why most of those cops weren't charged, high profile lawyers always sided with the police.
>>
>>33211816
>enforce the law
>maintain order
>ensure domestic tranquility

In that order.
>>
>>33211845

Maybe I'm wrong, I'm not trying to generalize all of the cops but even in the cases of mass shooters, high profile attorney love that exposure,and are determined to win, even if the other person was innocent/a victim. A good lawyer can make an innocent person guilty, as can make a guilty person innocent.

But that's a whole other conversation on police accountability and misconduct/abuse.
>>
>>33202340
>militarization
A nation that cannot enforce its laws is not a nation. I've never understood why the police aren't part of the military to begin with.
>>
>>33211816
>why even have cops at all if they're not obligated to help you?

They exist as force projection for the state. Laws mean fuck all if you don't have boots on the ground.

Their job is not to protect you. It never has been. Honestly, I'm kind of baffled as to how anyone became convinced that they were.
>>
>>33211884

Thanks, RoboCop.
>>
I don't see why people hate militarized police so much.

If you respect the system, the system will respect you.
>>
>>33211884
>maintain order
>ensure domestic tranquility
no obligation to protect means no obligation to prevent violent crimes which means no reason to maintain order

>>33211915
well the military doesn't have arresting powers or the ability to try non-military members for crimes, for one thing

maybe you should move to afghanistan or something if you like the thought of a place that requires the military act as the police on top of its normal actual military duties
>>
>>33211944
>"Nothing to hide, nothing to fear"

Fuck outta here with that.
>>
>>33211915
>we need to go on a military offensive with full force
>soldiercops back home are now understaffed because they are all deployed abroad
>>
>>33211845
My biggest problem is that I hold cops in a high regard. I think highly of them. I don't think its just another job. I think of them as the protectors of justice. So when they go against that I feel equally high amount of hate for those transgressors. If you chose to be a cop you have to elevate yourself. Any that abuse the trust of the citizens only give more hate for the system. I have to believe in the courts and cops otherwise they mean nothing. And the justice they dispense is worthless.
>>
>>33212077
That would be the ideal, but power corrupts. Cops are even more susceptible to abusing that power, not less.
>>
>>33212112
Like I said earlier, those the betray the people deserve to be put against the wall.
>>
>>33212182
A lot of them are doing shady shit, dude. A LOT. And if they're not, they know one of their coworkers is. They Blue Wall exists not because all cops are corrupt, but because even the ones that aren't want to keep their jobs bad enough to not snitch.
>>
>>33211944
>>If you respect the system, the system will respect you.
not arguing for or against here, but this is blatant bullshit and you know it. commiefornias gun laws should be a prime example of that.
>>
>>33211929
>Honestly, I'm kind of baffled as to how anyone became convinced that they were.

Probably because a lot of agencies have adopted the "To Serve and Protect" motto. Many agencies even put this on their radio cars.
>>
DISARM THE POLICE
>>
>>33212343
And end up like Britbong? lel
>>
>>33212250
Which sucks for me because I can understand. I work at a cdonald. and let me tell you they violate the shit out of health codes. I tried to say something and my boss did nothing.

p.s. Don't eat fast food.
>>
>>33211929
>Laws mean fuck all if you don't have boots on the ground.
Laws also mean fuck all if the ~Boots On The Ground~ have no obligation to enforce them.

>>33211944
t. white suburbanite who has never dealt with a cop, possibly has never even seen a cop in real life

>>33212182
you gotta let this THE PEOPLE shit go, man, cops are not federal agents. stop treating them like it.
>>
>>33212473
follow up here.
Heat resiting gloves that are used to clean grill an fryers, are regularly touching the toilet bush. The same brush that I used to clean shit, piss and blood off of toilets. If it matters more this is after homeless fuckers shit on everything.
>>33212566
Cops serve the people not themselves. End of story.
>>
>>33212594
cops dont serve shit nigga. no obligation to protect. no prosecution for offences they make. destruct all police
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiX7GTelTPM
>>
>>33211944

>Translation: Obey every law, don't get shot
>>
File: too_true_20(2)~2.jpg (40KB, 640x568px) Image search: [Google]
too_true_20(2)~2.jpg
40KB, 640x568px
>>33211944

>Implying the system fairly respects every individual
>>
>>33212594
>Cops serve the people not themselves

oh lady
>>
>>33212675
*lawdy

goddamn autocorrect
>>
>>33211282
I will agree with you specifically about MRAPs because they have absolutely buttfuck-awful visibility which could cause an accident, but I don't have a problem with armored vehicles that can actually handle traffic and such.
>>
>>33211249
Oh, yeah, I'm not saying weed is a devil drug that'll make you kill your grandmother here. I just don't think people have the right, nor should have the right, to drive while intoxicated by anything. As much as it sucks, there's really no way for the police to enforce anything even remotely like that without proof as inconsequential as smelling weed. On the other hand, I don't smoke or drink, so I should hopefully never have a problem and my viewpoint may be somewhat limited.

Good discussion anon, hugs and kisses.
>>
>>33211278
Yeah, but there's a reason police officers get fired when they do particularly stupid shit. It's not like the department is obligated to fire a cop who accidentally and unlawfully shoots somebody. AS much as it might not seem like it, they do have to worry about their relationship with the populace they police, and sometimes one officer is a good investment compared to an angry shitstorm.
>>
>>33202340

Police should be bound by all of the laws that average citizens are bound by, and I do mean all of them.
>>
>>33211336
That's why the baseline should be an experimentally determined baseline, say from smokers who have not smokd in two weeks or something. It's not perfect, but things rarely are.

Also, don't get me wrong, I know drug legislation is bullshit, I'm not arguing with you on that. See >>33212942.
>>
>>33211750
>violating the first amendment
Peaceful protest have not historically (since industrialization/unionization) needed suppression by the police or military. At that point it's a riot. Also, the soldiers responding are doing so at the behest of the state governor, meaning they are empowered as officers of the state to make arrests.
>>
>>33211816
Now, I don't know if this was true, but I was told last year was the first time in a long time more cops have died by being attacked than car accidents.
>>
>is it okay for cops to kill people instead of giving them trials?
Sure, if you're a statist.

Is it okay for our military to kill people without giving them trials?
>>
>>33213473
Never mind, our military doesn't kill people, only mudslimes.
>>
>>33213106

True, even instances where police are the agitators. Sometimes using tactics to intentionally make the protesters upset, agitate, escalate a situation, or planting a agitator to do something crazy to give the cops a reason to declare unlawful assembly.

Not in all cases, but recorded instances (Ukraine Riots) have shown that it most certainly is practiced.
>>
>>33213610

Cops fight dirty too, it's in the gunho nature.
>>
>>33213480

Are you certain about that, citizen?
>>
>>33202340
I think Police should be bound by the same firearms laws as the citizens of any given area.

But then again I don't think there should be any restrictions on firearms so.¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>33202340

Give them a term system like every other high-functioning part of the legal system. Every 4 years, the public votes on whether to keep them in the force or not. If they vote no, they get the boot.
>>
I would almost be ok with extremely high levels of police presence if it meant there were actual training standards, and that being a cop weren't a fucking joke outside of a select few prestigious divisions.

I mean fuck's sake the cops should be BETTER behaved and trained than the military in general; they're civil servants and have extreme responsibility, the average grunt just needs to sit on a hill, eat shitty food and not get shot.
>>
>>33214117
That's too much goddamn work. That'd be like voting for every intern and desk jockey that works for a politician. The sheriff is an elected official, as is the chief, but the rest are employees, as they should be. It's the elected officials jobs to appoint and hire an effective force.
>>
>>33214117
>thinking that America in any way benefits from giving its citizens more civil duties for them to not care about
Nobody votes for anything, Oligarchy > Democracy, bring back Confucianist Meritocracy
>>
>>33214144
Right, that's how it should work on paper but irl nobody gives a shit to keep up with local and state government affairs because all that power and social focus has been handed to the Federal government.
It becomes a case of "who watches the watchmen"
>>
>>33214117
>What is representative democracy for 100, Alex?
You don't understand many things, do you?
>>
>>33214136

In what perfect utopia does your little fantasy already exist, anon?
>>
>>33214155
adding MORE shit to the shit pile that is local affairs by requiring mass elections of hundreds of thousands of police every few years would not help matters.
>>
File: 1483248551394.jpg (8KB, 266x200px) Image search: [Google]
1483248551394.jpg
8KB, 266x200px
>>33214155

But dear anon, WE ALL watch the watchmen. C'man
>>
>>33202340

feels bad man...........
>>
File: potop14.jpg (125KB, 700x371px) Image search: [Google]
potop14.jpg
125KB, 700x371px
>>33205235
>police humvee
Meh, seen it
>>
>>33202511
agreed
>>
I smell a chesney.
>>
>>33203069
Holy shit isn't that an ms-13 tat?
There must be corruption at the higher levels.
>>
>>33203089
Sadly m8, thats how most people think. Just look at liberals applauding Obama for his excec actions only to yell treason when trump did the same.

Its not too different on the other side of the aisle.

In these days of echo chambers, I just don't know if there is a way to make it known that there are reasonable people on both sides who aren't extremists.
>>
>>33203596
>I don't ask for cops to be nice.
I do.
I'm a law abiding citizen. I look like one and expect to be treated as one until proven otherwise. You don't treat everyone on the street as a thug or a drug runner.

>i expect them to be polite and professional
Thats basically what I ask. Assuming every traffic stop is two seconds away from a terrorist attack is neither polite nor professional.
>>
>>33203694

... Such reasonableness could never be expected of anyone with any power.

-sigh-
>>
>>33212961
>It's not like the department is obligated to fire a cop who accidentally and unlawfully shoots somebody.

Even if they do fire an LEO for a bad shoot that LEO just moves and applies to a different agency.
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.