[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shooting vids/targets thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 16

File: 10 yard rifle groups.jpg (182KB, 1050x900px) Image search: [Google]
10 yard rifle groups.jpg
182KB, 1050x900px
No more excuses, winter is over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiQrw60xFiE

Can'' wait for my 4" & 5" 9mm guns to get back from the factory so I can shave my splits.
>>
>>33199080
>Barbaric negros using WHITE MALE targets in terrorist training protocols
>>
File: omg_is_he_OK.jpg (163KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
omg_is_he_OK.jpg
163KB, 500x667px
One polite bump before you guys start frothing at the mouth accusing me of attention whoring.

I miss legit shooting and stream threads, I want 2008 /k/ back
>>
File: 1298179153191.jpg (333KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1298179153191.jpg
333KB, 768x1024px
>>33200424
Ok I fibbed, one more bump.

There are no good shooting/pistol threads up right now and I'm not interested in mental masturbatory "protip/XnotY/prove-me-wrong/Crash*bang! threads

If you won't participate in my thread, do me a solid and make some kind of shooting/pistol general for OC participation
>>
>>33200424
/k/ is noguns, just like /v/ doesn't actually play vidya, and most of /tv/'s actual TV experience only comes from the dinner variety.
>>
File: lmj.jpg (193KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
lmj.jpg
193KB, 1024x1365px
>>33202164
I don't know why I browse here anymore

good lookin out tho
>>
>>33199080

Why would winter stop you from shooting? If anything, I shoot less during the summer months because I either don't have any time or I'd rather do something other than be miserable outdoors.
>>
>>33199080
>winter is over
>currently 6 degrees out, high of 25 tomorrow
that's still shooting weather, but let's not pretend winter is over for all of /k/
>>
>>33202264
I guess for many people who shoot outdoors being in the blistering dark cold is a turn off, it is for me...

>winter
>wake up at 6 to shoot for an hour - pitch black until 8am when work starts, can't shoot
>take lunch break to try and shoot - windy, cold as fuck, starving, target stands blowing over, snow makes drive time 2X
>try to shoot after work - already dark by 5, windy, cold as fuck, targets etc see above
>get miserably depressed and drink all the time
>try to shoot on the week end, hungover, dark, cold, targets blowing over
>>
>>33202295
True I was just trying to bully /k/ in to participation
>>
Need to get around buying some target stands and cardboard targets.

Do you have to have a cardboard backer/carboard target to set up a target or can I just use paper ones with paperclips attaching to the furring strips?
>>
>>33202311
depends on wind bromo

I would just batch- buy USPSA targets, the are like .20 cents each and stiff enough to staple to Furring strips or anything that can take a staple, then attach whatever you want to them

Plus shit loads of drills and tests are based off the USPSA metric so there's a lot of utility
>>
File: q-pt2-final.jpg (26KB, 372x600px) Image search: [Google]
q-pt2-final.jpg
26KB, 372x600px
>>33202343
I want to buy USPSA cardboard targets but I don't want to spend $100-$110 ordering 100, 25 or 50 would be good but the shipping is ridiculous otherwise. I'm saving up to go to a shooting class next month.

But really, I most likely will want target backers. I plan on shooting QPT targets mostly.
>>
>>33202295
where do you live? about to move back to the north east and totally uninspired by the winters
>>
>>33202372
I want to buy USPSA cardboard targets but I don't want to spend $100-$110 ordering 100, 25 or 50 would be good but the shipping is ridiculous otherwise. I'm saving up to go to a shooting class next month.

I buy from here I think?

Price is a little high but shipping is jack shit.

Sorry they last so fucking long I get like 3 months out of 25

https://shop.actiontarget.com/content/ipsc-cb-ipsc-uspsa-cardboard-torso-target.asp
>>
>>33199080
>Winter is over
Ok Florida.
>>
>>33202372
>I'm saving up to go to a shooting class next month.

Also what class?

My dick has been diamonds thinking about getting to an Aaron Cowan class
>>
>>33202397
>>33202397
more like flyover land duder

take the good with the bad
>>
File: therange2.1.jpg (217KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
therange2.1.jpg
217KB, 800x1067px
>>33202397
>>33202413
>>
File: 5765.jpg (19KB, 300x226px) Image search: [Google]
5765.jpg
19KB, 300x226px
>>33202390
Fuck me, $28 for 25 targets. Good looking out anon. Gonna see if they have anything else I need for targets before I confirm my order.

>>33202403
>Also what class?

Tom Given's Combative Pistol course. He's based near where I live and I figured I'd go to him because he knows his shit and it's only a 123 mile drive.

Aaron Cowan is pretty good from what I see from his videos and podcasts.
>>
>>33202431
>Tom Given's Combative Pistol course
Ohhh shit you are not fucking around are you

Are you gonna go in with a gamer set up or your carry gear?

/k/ doesn't deserve it but I expect a decent after action report.

>Fuck me, $28 for 25 targets. Good looking out anon. Gonna see if they have anything else I need for targets before I confirm my order.

Glad to help broski, every shot matters and should be valued and targets like these set us all up for success
>>
>>33202468
>Are you gonna go in with a gamer set up or your carry gear?

I'm no gamer, going with exactly what I carry. If I ever do USPSA, I'll still use exactly what I use on a day to day basis.
>PX4 Compact Carry
>Atlas G-Hook Slim
>JM Custom George
>backup gun Glock 19/JM Custom George

I'll post an AAR on it if and when I do complete the course. I'm most likely going to get a different belt like a Wilderness FF so I can properly put on an AIWB mag pouch.
>>
File: 320CA.png (4MB, 1462x1461px) Image search: [Google]
320CA.png
4MB, 1462x1461px
>>33202244
Have my 320 since you got double dubs.
>>
>>33202492
Semi related, was looking at clearance stuff...is this shit from fucking resident evil? We are now in a new age where vidya characters are legit lw enforcement training aids.
https://shop.actiontarget.com/content/zh-2-zombie-assault-target-luke-laura.asp

>JM Custom George
I am 4 weeks out waiting for mine so I can transfer to a full size gun, currently running things all gamey because my 4:30 compact is a gravity well of time sinkage

>PX4 Compact Carry
>backup gun Glock 19/JM Custom George

How do you like the CX4? Also I could never deal with such a manual of arms disparity on primary/backup gear
>>
File: P2K.png (2MB, 730x974px) Image search: [Google]
P2K.png
2MB, 730x974px
>>33202540
I... I actually want that. Fuck. It's come to this, /k/omrades.
>>
>>33202540
I'm really liking the PX4. It's a bit wider and heavier than the Glock 19 but I feel like it carries a bit better for some odd reason.

The only reason why my Glock 19 is my "backup gun" is because I'm still trying to figure out if I'm going to keep my PX4 or my Glock 19 as my main gun. Trying to work up the nerve of buying another PX4 and possibly selling my Glock. I have a gadget on my Glock but I really prefer DA/SA.
>>
>>33202569
>he's an HK kraut space magic guy

dude buy it and shoot it with glorious space magic, record and share here, /k/ needs a serious infusion of shooting related real time content

>The only reason why my Glock 19 is my "backup gun" is because I'm still trying to figure out if I'm going to keep my PX4 or my Glock 19 as my main gun

You are completely on point, let us know what you decide

I'm in the weirdest pickle ever with both my 9s at the factory, shooting my 40 from one of my 9's holster
>>
>>33202576

fuck my life, response is >>33202632 (You)

I'm in rare form tonight
>>
File: 1470941657841.jpg (52KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1470941657841.jpg
52KB, 640x640px
>>33202632
>/k/ needs a serious infusion of shooting related real time content

Agreed. Talking about guns over and over gets really boring and I think /k/ can benefit from having threads that regularly discuss shooting in a more serious yet fun matter.

There's some really good forums for this kind of stuff but it would be sweet if such threads could be commonplace here because /k/ is much faster than the average gun forum
>>
File: HK is love.png (3MB, 1094x1463px) Image search: [Google]
HK is love.png
3MB, 1094x1463px
>>33202632
Me? I'm not an HK guy. At all. :^)
>>
>>33202734
>here's some really good forums for this kind of stuff

There are and I'm sure we both use them but yeah, the anonymity of /k/ and the "board" vs "forum" structure is way more appealing to me and creates a lot more organic discussion.

Somehow we need a bigger carrot (no homo) - this is the perfect avenue for range report/after action style posting but for whatever reason it's non-existent at best, discouraged at worst.

>alking about guns over and over gets really boring

Agreed, it's fun for about 1`0 years of your life and then you've done it all.

Shooting and training is literally infinite, I am so pissed that /k/ is so reclusive about sharing that side of their firearms romance.
>>
>>33199080
whew, open-bolt uzi from 5 yards getting groups the size of the paper
>>
>>33202777
/k/ is more interested in rehashing the same old shit outside of generals, and I really hate to say that since I can't stand generals. Since anonymity prevents consequence, all the noguns get to live out their hasguns fantasies and all the hasguns get to act like jaded fuckwits because they have the inherent superiority complex that plagues a lot of the firearms community.
>>
File: kyle defoor.jpg (106KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
kyle defoor.jpg
106KB, 1024x683px
>>33202777
>I am so pissed that /k/ is so reclusive about sharing that side of their firearms romance.

I'm bothered by the fact that the majority of people on /k/ have this paranoia of coming off as a tactical dudebro for shooting cardboard, assuming going to a class means you're dressed in crye multicam and LARPing and thinks competition will cause training scars, killing you in the streets.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with going to a class with what you carry or just an AR with reloads in your back pocket yet according to shitposters, you're paying $800 to line up the pocket of mcdojo oper8r instead of learning relevant defensive skills
>>
>>33202794
Everything you just said makes complete sense and makes me hate living

I'm probably just ultra jaded because a pistol general thread is where I would fit in, but it doesn't exist here

I just want good, intellectual, fresh, real and purpose driven pistol related content, mostly related to the physical manipulation side of the equation.
>>
>>33199080
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEyQvW0YB7M
>>
File: bulgy front end.jpg (194KB, 1382x572px) Image search: [Google]
bulgy front end.jpg
194KB, 1382x572px
>>33202777
Shot two mags thru my glock 17 yesterday, like 10 yards.

Went horribly, decided I hate handguns. Gonna figure out a grip that works better for me or something.

Every now and then it works out great, but it's painful on my hands. Really not my kind of sport.

Rifles > handguns
>>
>>33202820

Not gonna green text quote because it would be sloppy but yes - handguns are silly hard compared to rifles, that is why I love them.

If I exerted counter force out of sync with the recoil of a rifle chambered in anything kinetically similar to .223/5.56 I might no joke kill myself from embarrassment

So there are a few handgun guys here, want to shoot this with me?

IL cop (he's implying he's Chicago) was kind enough to post his qualifier standards.

>>33200645
>>33201970
>>33202263
>>
>>33202803
Doesn't PatMac tell people to show up with their spares in their pockets for his classes? That's a lot better than having some 11b faglord that thinks he's Delta showing up decked up with his Gucci'd AR matching his cammies and his twelve spare mags neatly tucked in a plate carrier that's lacking a plate.
>>
>>33202809
I watched 3 seconds of your link, what and why did you post it
>>
>>33202863
interest, didn't want to make a new thread, thought someone might enjoy it.
>>
>>33202849
Pretty neato, what do you mean shoot it w/ you?

I don't record my trips :/
way too much attention whoring for my taste. But I like watching other people shoot.
>>
>>33202890
What's it overall about? I might put it on the watch later list.

>Pretty neato, what do you mean shoot it w/ you? what gun? FNS-40L from a gamer cover garment at the moment - I'm in a weird nirvana/limbo waiting on (2) custom hllsters and (2) guns to be fixed, so my range sessions are a little...impromptu right now.

>
I don't record my trips :/
way too much attention whoring for my taste

Yeah I won't lie I'm pretty vain, but documenting progress goes a long way to improving, sadly it's like a self fulfilling prophesy and you get better and more vain.
>>
I'm incapable of linking multiple posts tonight, apparently
>>33202914
I'm sorry dude I responded here >>33202954
>>
File: temp.png (21KB, 652x477px) Image search: [Google]
temp.png
21KB, 652x477px
>>33199080
>winter is over
>>
>>33202954
Just the latest episode of "The Great War" (WW1 stuff)
>>
>>33202990
jesus christ i'm sorry anon

are you ice coast or best coast or canada's hairline?
>>
File: SAM_0525 small.jpg (281KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_0525 small.jpg
281KB, 1152x864px
>>33202998
I'm in Maine, on the Canadian border. We had a heatwave for like a week and that god rid of a lot of snow, but there's still at least a foot of it out there. Pic related was during the start of the heatwave.
>>
>>33202993
Ahh, gotcha.

As a handgun guy being a pawn in a war or the equipment involved in such an endeavor really doesn't interest me.

But if you have vids related to defensive gun use, retention shooting or mitigating physical risk in an ambush I'd be interested.
>>
>>33203008
>ice coast

I was born and raised in S. NH, I will soon be moving back and sharing in your misery.

Give me 5 years and I will open the most bad ass insane indoor pistol shooting gun range ever seen in that part of the country and I will give discounted rates to fellow autists from here.
>>
>>33203018
I may actually go, I'm gonna be moving downstate anyway so it won't be very far away. Just announce it on here once its open.
>>
>>33203039
I plan on having modular rooms with sound systems, vehicles, real-sim barricades (not just net and tires)

Do you want to shoot from the interior of a vehicle with the car alarm blaring and speakers blaring additional traffic sounds/screeching soccer moms under low light situations?

The shit part is I'm realising to turn a profit I will need to sell guns and have public lanes.

In my perfect world scenario it would be a private club for local PDs( MA/VT/NH/CT) and shooting enthusiasts.

The shit reality is I will have to culture that part of the club and make dividends off of rentals, gun sales and general moron tomfoolery.
>>
File: buwhahaha.gif.gif (1MB, 320x230px) Image search: [Google]
buwhahaha.gif.gif
1MB, 320x230px
fuck you /k/, fuck you
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.