[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I join the military

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: beard chan.jpg (115KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
beard chan.jpg
115KB, 700x500px
To get things out of the way,

>I'm /fit/ enough
>I have no outstanding medical conditions except for one thing

I used to be an alcoholic street urchin type and cut myself regularly. I suffered from dysthymia ( long term but not too serious form of depression) and gave myself 6 especially deep cuts on my upper forearm (not the side you try to kill yourself with)

I want to join marines 0311, i have since i was little until my whole depression fiasco. Would I still be allowed to join even with these cuts on my forearm?
>>
Have you every been medicated for said depression? Are the cuts symmetrical? If no to both, lie and say they were from a bike accident or something and you should be fine.
>>
File: 1486517772057.gif (1MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1486517772057.gif
1MB, 500x375px
Bump pls marine fags, my future depends on it
>>
>>33198057
I was an 0311 street rat. Do you have scars obvious of cutting? It's not the Surge anymore.

You know the Marines stress you to the max. I don't know if you should. I've seen kids try to kill themselves because the mean Di yelled at him.
>>
>>33198111
They're symmetrical, and no i wasn't really "medicated" in any heavy doses. I was given the lightest dosage of the most light core anti-depressant fro about a month then got off of it because I thought anti-depressant were worthless. I also have on scar on my shoulder which I don't remember getting. I usually cover these scars with a wristwatch I own, but obviously i can't hide them forever.

I can pass the psyche eval easily if i didn't have this shit looming over my head. Adolescence is a weird time for categoriing mentall illness.
>>
>>33198165
>I don't know if you should. I've seen kids try to kill themselves because the mean Di yelled at him.

I'm quite the authoritarian myself, so respecting authority is something I have nor problems with. I could handle the pressure easily imo, I've been through worse in my life.

I do have very obvious scars though.
>>
One summer you had a job installing stamped steel joists. Shit'll cut cha' bad above the glove, often in the same spot.

Don't go 0311. Go Coms, go Motor t, fly a desk as a 0111. Get any transferable skill that doesn't just set you up for a security position in 8 years
>>
File: Burritos.jpg (96KB, 600x782px) Image search: [Google]
Burritos.jpg
96KB, 600x782px
>Parents made me see psychiatrist in senior year of High School cause I got a few Cs
>Went on anti depressants for a year
Am I pretty much fucked if I want to join the military now? I've heard there's waivers for depression, but they're becoming increasingly difficult to obtain. Do I pretty much have to hope for WWIII?
>>
Lie Lie Lie , they know nothing more than what you told them. They can't access medical records either.
If you go with the accident causing the scars just be prepared to write for why you could not get ahold of any medical records. I had to get documentation of my broken finger and wrist but I could not get the papers because they were purged after a certain amount of time. As for the whole mental status. My roommate at Meps was a fucking nut who liked MLP and was a furry and would not shut the hell up about his cats. Pretty sure he was autistic but he swore into the marines that day so I mean shits possible I guess.
>>
>>33198057
If you came to the legion with those cuts you would be turned straight away, I wouldn't be surprised that the US marines take you considering how desperate they are for fodder.

Pretty much sums up the US militaries recruitment process.
>>
>>33198359
>One summer you had a job installing stamped steel joists
>tfw 20 year old youngfag

Don't think they'll buy it. Also I'm not looking for a desk job either, I'm looking for deployment.
>>
>>33198442
desu I'm pretty sure there are no records of my psychiatry meeting either so they literally couldn't.
>>
Don't say you saw a doctor and it won't go any further than that.
You don't have OCD you don't have anything and nothing will ever come after that.
>>
>>33198497
Still cant come up with a good lie about the scars.
>>
>>33198519
Tell that you had furry girlfriend
You join marines, not any other branch, they will understand
>>
>>33198519
>my gf was into some kinky shit
>she liked to dress in a large dog costume and cut me

Topkek I don't think that will pass but thanks anyways
>>
>>33198549
>>33198529
>>
>>33198549
I was joking, don't think they will believe it
No idea how to back up that shit man
But I hope you find a way, past shouldn't stop you from becoming a good marine
>>
>>33198612
>But I hope you find a way, past shouldn't stop you from becoming a good marine

Hope so, come from a military family which i why i wanted to continue the legacy. I'll think of something, I'm sure.
>>
>>33198057
Lol

>recruiter: how'd tout get those scars?
>uh... fell down the stairs onto some glass
>YOU'RE HIRED
>>
just fuckin burn the fuck out of your wrist. now you have a much more easily explainable injury.
>>
>>33198680
This is what I usually tell strangers, dunno I'll give it a try

>>33198851
If the glass shit won't work, then maybe I'll just "firework incident" my wrists topkek. gf won't be too pleased about it.
>>
>>33198057
>Alcoholic street urchin
Rickety Cricket?
>>
>>33199113
>>
>>33198057
say your arm got cut in an accident they are weird about burns because people get burns for gangs or some shit theyre like tattoos. You can like about all that shit theyre not gonna pull your medical records I took adhd medication throughout highschool it was no big deal. and sure you can go 0311 but dont expect a real war for a bit. And go pog if you don't want to go to college and get some blue collar job or something, because transferrable skills don't matter if youre just going to get a degree
>>
>>33198057
The doctors at MEPS are trained to find cuts like that so you have a slim chance.
What I would do is spill your guts out to your recruiter and tell him the full truth and he will help you out. I told my recruiter I had broken my ankle in the past and he told me to just lie about that shit when I got to MEPS and I'd be good. Everything worked out for me, I hope it does for you too /k/omrade
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.