[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

P99 or PPS for first gun?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: p99-as.jpg (65KB, 640x483px) Image search: [Google]
p99-as.jpg
65KB, 640x483px
P99 or PPS for first gun?
>>
>>33197380
Are you going to carry it/can you carry it?
>>
>>33197399
Yes and yes.
>>
Which PPS, Gen 1 with paddles, or Gen 2 with button?
>>
Those guns are not in the same category so you cant really compare them.
First question is what do you want it for?
If you are looking for a target and home defense gun, then the P99 is a good one.
If you want more for concealed carry then go for the PPS.
>>
>>33197431
Paddles all the way. Same for P99 M2.
>>
>>33197438
I plan on carrying, home defense and having it as a range toy.

My bodytype is a spooky-skeleton, which is why I'm not considering the PPS, when I was so dead-set on the P99
>>
>>33197456
Now****
>>
>>33197456
If your main reason is for carry then def go with the PPS. It will be much easier for you to conceal and not have to worry about printing.
Now people are going to say you can conceal the P99 also, which is true, it will just take more effort.

There is also the CCP, its a bit bigger then the PPS but I love mine so far.
>>
File: big guy.jpg (360KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
big guy.jpg
360KB, 660x495px
>>33197380
The PPS is a great little gat mang. It is easy to conceal and it will be physically comfortable to carry. I recommend you pick up the P99 after you've had the little guy for a while, as the p99 is a very full size piece. It will be easier and more enjoyable to into carrying with the PPS.

>>33197506
Have you ever held a CCP? That fucking thing feels like a cheap Walmart pellet gun.

.t gunshop fag
>>
But the ppq....

I'm waiting for a threaded barrel version of that glorious motherfucker in fuddy-five.
>>
>>33197380
The P99 will be a more shootable gun, and more comfortable to shoot in general, a better first gun.

Could wait and get a PPS, because you can conceal a P99, just takes more effort and a good holster.
>>
>>33197506
The CCP like the PK380 was made in Cologne, not Ulm, by the Umarex factory, and does not have the staghorn proofmark. They're not as good as the Ulm made Walthers.
>>
>>33197380
A good thread had to die so you could have ANOTHER thread about this bullshit. Both of those cost like what 800 bucks? Shit nigga thats nothing. Buy both and go away.
>>
OP here

I've kinda settled on getting the P99. It's been my dream fun for over a decade now and I'll still find a way to carry it.

I guess my follow up question would be: What holster do I get that won't break the bank?
>>
>>33197838
Don't buy a cheap holster, buy a good decent holster that will actually carry it well.
>>
>>33197380
Calling Burt..

I think burt says the P99 sucks but don't quote me

BURT WHERE ARE YOU
>>
File: walther_pps_m2[1].jpg (33KB, 661x496px) Image search: [Google]
walther_pps_m2[1].jpg
33KB, 661x496px
I have the P99 and PPS M2.
Get both.
Dara Holster + PPS is comfy.

Get both.
>>
>>33197838
Glad you decided on the P99, I'm seeing a lot of plain wrong information in this thread.

Personally, I'd go with a Bravo Concealment DOS for an IWB or a surplus German Pro-3 Duty holster for OWB. I use a KCT Axios for mine.

If you want versatility, get a Gen III. If you want aesthetic, get a Gen I. Get a 9mm and realize they won't be easy to find new since Walther only makes them twice a year.
>>
File: pistolas_dos.jpg (152KB, 960x719px) Image search: [Google]
pistolas_dos.jpg
152KB, 960x719px
>>33199984
Pic related are my Walthers.
>>
>>33199819
>I think burt says the P99 sucks
Which would be why he has 1-2 P99s, a MR9 and a PPQ...
>>
>>33200518
Relatively speaking if I remember correctly the P99 is his least liked.

There, did I state that in a less offensive way to your sensibilities?
>>
>>33197380
Kalthoff repeater.
>>
>>33197380
Depends on hand size, I absolutely love the look of the PPS but its just way too small for my hands to operate the paddle release with the trigger finger.
So instead I went with a P99. No regrets, get the meprolight low profile night sights. The trijicons are much higher/larger than the factory sights.
Cant go wrong between these two just make sure to handle them somewhere before you buy.
>>33197431
Paddles if your hands can handle it
>>
I own all 3.

What ever you pick , go with the 9mm. I had a pps m1 in 40. Way to snappy.

The pps is a great range gun. The pps m1 is my ccw, the m2 is very comfy in the hand but i still like the m1 better
>>
>>33197380
P99 for dat cyberpunk aesthetic.
>>
>>33201098
Pps is great range gun should have said p99.

It is. But not as mush as the ppq
>>
>>33197838
Crossbreed with horse hide. Horse is soooooooooo much nicer than cow leather.

Feels much better on the skin.
>>
File: rubbers.jpg (204KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
rubbers.jpg
204KB, 700x700px
>>33201196
>Crossbreed with horse hide.
My sibling of different genetic origin.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.