[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello there, I found some gas masks for really cheap and was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: maska_przeciwgazowa_mc1_01.jpg (31KB, 649x488px) Image search: [Google]
maska_przeciwgazowa_mc1_01.jpg
31KB, 649x488px
Hello there, I found some gas masks for really cheap and was planning to get one. But I hear that expired filters are toxic. Is that true? Also some people say that even if the filter is expired, it can still protect from things like radioactive stuff and tear gas. I think its bs, but whats your opinon?

Pic related, the gas mask Im planning to get.
>>
>>33197205
First thing check if it's not one of those asbestos ones
>>
>>33197635
Not OP but I bought a GP5 recently, how do you check for asbestos? no bully
>>
>>33197660
Use it and see if you get mesothelioma.

BUY NEW FILTERS. ALWAYS.
>>
>>33197704
How easy is it to kill yourself using a gas mask?
>>
>>33197205
If dust comes out don't use it.
Even an expired filter will still be good for particulates and most aresols.
>>
>>33197713
Quickly? Hard.
Slowly? Easy.
>>
File: Behold.png (1MB, 865x648px) Image search: [Google]
Behold.png
1MB, 865x648px
>>33197205
Got the same one. I think it's of either Polish or Czech origin. Buy a new filter just in case the old one is worn.
>>
File: farage.jpg (41KB, 580x386px) Image search: [Google]
farage.jpg
41KB, 580x386px
>>33197733
Nice digits
>>
File: muh internet paranoia.png (1MB, 545x1280px) Image search: [Google]
muh internet paranoia.png
1MB, 545x1280px
i hope i get cancer
>>
GP-5 filters should be asbestos free post-80's but check for dust or if the activated charcoal is secure.
>>
File: filter.png (870KB, 979x552px) Image search: [Google]
filter.png
870KB, 979x552px
>>33197954
what do these numbers mean?
>>
>>33198030

Someone will correct me but I believe it's:

90 - factory code
419 - batch number
11 - November
79 - 1979
>>
>>33198213
Thanks pal
>>
>>33197660
iirc original GP5 filters contain two kinds of asbestos but there shouldn't be any problem as long as you don't remove the seal
luckily 40mm threaded filters are the standard now, so it's fairly easy to get a hold of a good one (as far as purchasing gas mask filters goes)
>>
Ok, so say I was going to a protest that gets a little...out of hand. Would buying an old gas mask be a good way to protect myself from tear gas, smoke and other common riot issues? Or should I buy quality?
>>
What kind of mask and filter should I buy for myself and gf in case we need em. Live around volcanoes and probably close enough to yellow stone if it ever blows. I want them for any situation possible. Should I get industrial or military mask/filter? Which kind? And how long will those filters last in storage and in use? thank you
>>
>>33198331
CS gas protection is pretty much entry-tier, even improvised filters should protect you for ~5 minutes (or less if you just use a soaked rag and protective goggles)

>>33198368
having a good gas mask without the proper knowledge or equipment in a serious CBRN hazard is pretty much pointless, but if you just need to cover your face and breathe clean air for a short while you can nigger rig any cheap mask to a small oxygen tank to keep in your backpack
>>
>>33198404
>knowledge AND equipment*
fuck, I'm tired
>>
>>33198331
yes but cops will target you and beat the shit out of you because you are wearing a mask. and being beaten with batons aint nice.
t. guy who tried to steal a riot police's shield.
>>
>>33198420
>tried to steal a riot police's shield
y tho
do you have a story about that?
>>
>>33198443
>be teenage shithead
>go to football game with friends
>team loses home game
>angry, go outside time for a fight with other team
>Police is there as always so fight police
>charge police and just kinda jump and grab his shield (round shield) with my hands and hang my full weight on it
>Fall to the ground with shield and proceed to get baton'd by 4 or so police guys.
Fun times. Also not on record since I was a minor.
>>
>>33197745
It is polish, mine came with instructions
>>
>>33197205
I did some research on this recently for my own gas mask.

Basically, the older they are the more likely they'll have asbestos or other things dangerous to the respiratory system. Avoid '60s gas masks at all costs.

Also, consider ease of finding filters. Modern NATO standard is 40mm filters. If you get something that takes those, you can just put a new filter in it.

The filter has a few parts. The activated charcoal is the most important part, and it basically never goes bad. That should protect you from many gases, including modern nerve gas.

Tear gas and radioactive stuff are actually a really fine particulate. Get a particulate filter to clip on the end of the gas filter. "P-100" is a standard for the best particulate filters. They're very cheap online, buy one from a hardware store.

Just activated charcoal and P100 filter is enough for most modern gas threats. However, the old WW1 era poison gases need a different kind of chemical to filter it--phosgene, mustard gas, etc. That's the part that goes bad. Ironically, a milsurp mask is better at stopping modern poison gas than the old gases it was meant for to begin with.

I shouldn't need to say this, but: Nerve gases are scary as shit. If nerve gas is around, gas mask or not, run the fuck away. Sure, activated carbon should stop it, but the lethal dose is fucking tiny, so one little leak or fuckup will kill you. Of course other gases should be treated like that as well, but a little whiff of chlorine or phosgene or whatever isn't as sure to kill you as a tiny amount of VX or whatever nerve gas.

>tl;dr: The older the gasmask, the more dangerous. Get a mask that supports 40mm filters, get a P100 particulate filter to put over it, and you're at least kinda prepared for most modern gas threats.
>>
Can anyone recommend me a gas mask?

>>33200707
Thanks for this anon.
>>
>>33200707
So if i wanted to make gas what would be the best safety precautions/equipment?

Gas in question: Diazinon, Dimethyl Carbinol, Sulfer
>>
Don't forget that activated charcoal expires quickly (within a day), NEVER take the filter out of its plastic wrappings unless you intend to use it

t. industrial worker who occasionally has to wear chemical suit and gasmask with charcoal filter
>>
>>33202582
Is it dangerous if it's expired? If you were just using it for cosplay or something.
>>
>>33202582
Is there a way to test if the filter is expired?
>>
>>33202660
they usually write the expiratiom date on it, though if it's open it's probably already expired
>>
>>33203001
I have a gas mask and opened the filter because i was spraying a fuck ton of insecticide in a closed area.. like spraying it every square inch in the area for 10-15 min.. after words i taped the filter air tight shut.. would it be good still?
>>
>>33202643

No, just useless

>>33202660

Try huffing petrol through your gas mask, if you can taste it, the filter doesn't work. But once it has been opened you can expect it to be inert and useless

>>33203020

I doubt it
>>
File: gasmaskfilter.jpg (1MB, 3500x1629px) Image search: [Google]
gasmaskfilter.jpg
1MB, 3500x1629px
Here you go.

No, GP-5 filters are not toxic, they just won't filter anything besides tear gas.
>>
>>33197833
I hope you do too
>>
>>33203579
Thanks
>>
Where could one get filters for the MP1 (OP`s) mask? Should the NATO ones fit well? Some say that they wont and there will be leaks.
>>
>>33203662
>MP1
My bad, its MC1
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.