[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on my purchase

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: ruger-logo.gif (32KB, 400x360px) Image search: [Google]
ruger-logo.gif
32KB, 400x360px
I'm in the process of buying a Ruger SP101 .357

Thoughts on it.
>>
>>33197039
is good
>>
None of the style of a classic revolver and none of the function of a modernized one.
.357 magnum is wasted on such a small gun but it's not like you won't just use .38 special anyways.
At least it's not some S&W Hillary Hole shit.
>>
>>33197039
Why not .327?
>>
File: current_handguns.jpg (963KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
current_handguns.jpg
963KB, 2272x1704px
>>33197039
trusty & fun
..been carrying one for 4+ years

DA trigger pull aint great, good ergos imo, heavier than it needs to be, but controllable magnum recoil...my gun goes bang every time
>>
>>33197039
Did you get the 4" barrel?

Get a spring change kit, it makes a huge difference.
>>
Got one with a 4 inch barrel. Like it okay but it spits lead.
>>
>>33197054
They make the SP101 with 4" barrels. But yeah, any shorter than 3" and I'd suggest .38 Special for ease of handling (unless what you're looking for is an obnoxiously loud and bright little toy, that is).

Of course, there are loads which are specifically put together to make the best out of .357 from a snubbie barrel.
>>
>>33197350
>it spits lead.

Like from between the cylinder and forcing cone?
>>
>>33199139
Yes. Have to send it in one of these days.
>>
>>33199333
>Yes. Have to send it in one of these days.

Dude, don't mess around with that shit; your lockwork timing is off, and you could have a very nasty failure.
>>
>>33197039
It's fine. I have a GP100 and would like to by a SP101 in the near future for conceal carrying.
>>
>>33201063
It's really only worth it to carry .357 in the 4" barrel, or to get one in .327 mag.

Otherwise, an LCR or LCRx in 38+p is a better bet, I think.
>>
>>33197039
>Thoughts on it.
The Glock of revolvers, along with the GP100. I've always wished they'd make a 6 shot .38 Spl-only version, but Ruger being Ruger they never would. Everything always has to be overbuilt.
>>
>>33203070
I'm not sure you could fit that in there without changing the outer dimensions of the cylinder and frame.

If you want .38 Special tier performance in a six-shot SP101, then get the one in .327 Federal Magnum and load it with .32H&R Magnum, it's somewhere in the ballpark of some .38 Special loads
>>
>>33203070
Everything always has to be overbuilt.

That's kindof their thing. They're the civil engineers of the gun world.

Just get the .327 mag
>>
>>33203988
>.38 Special tier performance

327 mag is a lot stronger than .38

think 9mm+P vs .380 acp
>>
>>33197039
It's heavy
>>
>>33203070
When ruger develops time lord technology to safely fit a 5th round in what is ruger j-frame, then you can have that

>>33205110
>and load it with .32H&R Magnum
It's like your brain shut off at the first opportunity to argue
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.