[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Combat fitness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 28

Since the greatest weapon anyone can have is their body, what are you guys doing to train your physical and mental toughness? Modern operators have to have the stamina of stallions and the strength of demigods. Currently I've been doing THOR III, what are my fellow /k/ommandos doing? Anyone else practicing the UBRR?

https://blog.refactortactical.com/blog/special-forces-pt-test-upper-body-round-robin/

Trying to get ~1300-1400 atm.

I'd love to hear about other routines, currently I'm working on my run so any good endurance run programs would be appreciated.
>>
>>33193300
I've been working on my standing long jump, I need to have an 8ft one to enlist.
>>
Sure, i'll take the bait. Real guys who do real shit don't have the body of this dude. This dude is a fat fuck who probably couldn't hike or run more than a few miles. My guess is former LEO right?

Real players in this field have wiry bodies with medium to low bodyfat.
>>
>>33193309
I've been hearing about that on the new OPAT test, it's one of the things that's got me concerned.
>>
>>33193321
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z_RwyUF6hM

I'd love to see you do half of this shit. Btw, half of the guys in Ranger batt look like this. PEDs are more than common in SOF units.
>>
>>33193321
Looks like youve never seen videos of this dude, hes like swat or some shit , his workout videos are badass.
>>
>>33193321

>Real players in this field have wiry bodies with medium to low bodyfat.

Maybe in 3rd world countries
>>
Those are dire cardio standards. 40 minutes is an adequate time for 5 miles if you're a woman or have a disability.

Anecdotally, by the time I left the Army I was running perhaps 75 miles a week. I was a keen runner, but I was by no means exceptional. This was regular PT with some of my own training thrown in and the "sport afternoon" on Wednesday. I've turned that down a bit with age, but I still get out five times a week.
>>
>>33193335
>>33193355
>>33193353
>SWAT

SWAT teams are not expected to work for longer than ten minutes. If he wants to eat weights in his time off, that's down to him, but Infantry soldiering does not and never has required the use of the weights room.
>>
>>33193366
Read the standards again, all tests are done back to back, and you can't just meet the minimum in each event. If you only get the passing score in every event you'll get a score of 800, when 1100 is required to pass. So you realistically have to be scoring at least an additional 30 points in each of the categories to pass, so at LEAST a time of 35:00 if you don't want to have to go for broke in another category.
>>
File: 1487046978467.jpg (54KB, 500x530px) Image search: [Google]
1487046978467.jpg
54KB, 500x530px
>>33193321
T. Lanklet
>>
>>33193393
Except it does now, google the OPAT. You need to dead lift to even enlist as infantry these days. Starting with 80lbs you have to complete 1 repetition with the weight consistently going up in 10lb increments, up to 220lb as a cutoff passing score for infantry. So 80,90,100,110 - all the way to 220. A very low bench mark, but this is just to enlist and ship to infantry OSUT. I don't know what leg unit you were in, but if you didn't life in 2/75 you were gone.
>>
>>33193321
As someone who is part of a European SF unit, I can tell you this is correct. All the big body-builder guys dropped out of selection within the first month. Us regular guys finished. I got through selection by just working on a job site for years before joining.
>>
>>33193393

>Infantry soldiering does not and never has required the use of the weights room

Are you a civilian, 1CAV, or 3ID because they're the only group of people retarded enough to think this.
>>
>>33193300
Me and a group of guys wrestle twice a week. Otherwise run, high intensity sprints, situps, and pullups 3 times a week.
>>
>>33193429
>European SF
So people who are doing fucking nothing?
>inb4 "Am too!"
How many people have you killed? If the answer is zero you can kindly fuck off.
>>
>>33193408
That's achievable if you're a normal, untrained but healthy person. You shouldn't need to actually train to be able to pick up 220lb.

>>33193394
5 miles should be upped to ten and anyone falling off the pace binned instantly, not given a chance to make up for their pathetic fitness by lugging iron about.
>>
File: 8660203.jpg (78KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
8660203.jpg
78KB, 533x800px
>>33193432
Look at these gym beasts
>>
>>33193429
That's fine, as someone who was in an American SOF unit (read one that actually matters) all the guys may have left their respective pipelines with bodies worn down by the shitty training grind, but after a few months to a year in unit guys were on the juice and building endurance AND strength. This trend has only rapidly increased in recent years. Here's an old pic of a SEAL platoon, even back before PEDs were common you can see very few lankelts. Look at any recent Ranger, SEAL, SF, or MARSOC pictures and you'll see guys who have some bulk.
>>
>>33193393
Says the guy who has no idea what hes talking about .
T.former 0311
>>
>>33193321
This, strength is important but cardio is key, and extensive cardio doesn't leave you looking prime Schwarzenegger. Actual SOF have are lean with strong cores unless they juice.
>>
ITT

>assblasted roidheads trying to defend their disgusting proportions as "combat weapons"

Have you fags seen boxers, or MMA fighters at all? Those guys literally fight for a living and none of them are huge meaty monsters. Soldiers, especially SF, aren't expected to deadlift or benchpress the fucking taliban- they're expected to walk long distances at moderate speed with heavy shit on their backs. OP's dude is pretty hardcore but he wouldn't last in an infantry unit or SF unit at that body weight- he'd either lose a bunch of weight and get leaner, or he'd wash out.
>>
File: ranger up.jpg (74KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
ranger up.jpg
74KB, 960x720px
>>33193445
Honestly, all non-US SOF are complete garbage.

I can post videos of muscled Rangers, Delta, and SEALs actually out there conducting combat operations and killing hajjis and all you've got is a pic of three downies rucking.
>>
File: 20130705063218_5D3_5449.jpg (116KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
20130705063218_5D3_5449.jpg
116KB, 600x400px
>>33193460
>Those guys literally fight for a living and none of them are huge meaty monsters
Literally WAT
>>
>>33193495
He is not an arnie-level body builder, dude. He's big, but he's not even as big as the dude in OP's picture
>>
>>33193448
Considering that SF is 80% mental (willpower) and 20% physical, you roiders get all emotional because of the shit food you are fed as amerifats, and can't handle the stress. But damn you look good doing it. All the Americans we trained with were incredibly emotional.
>>
File: hungry skeleton.jpg (889KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hungry skeleton.jpg
889KB, 720x1080px
Can't wait for ricky to show up and shit on the skeleton nobodies in this thread who think real sof isn't full of tren, clen, and test.
>>
>>33193495
>>33193478
>>33193448
Do you have these in a folder or do you keep them on your desktop for easy access?

Weight training is pointless unless you have asthma or used to be fat. It's the exercise of the fat. No wonder US special needs troops have lost every war since Vietnam, they're getting run into the ground by rice farmers and opium dealers.
>>
I'm a doughy fuck that's been dieting and doing allpro for a little over a week now.
>>
>>33193445
Oh look, Eurotrash from 10 years ago. Definitely indicative of modern relevant SOF units.

>>33193438
I agree, was just saying that some weightlifting is now required by standard to enlist, so that guys argument that infantry doesn't have to touch weights is BS. Also, the UBRR is a bi-annual test so I'm fine with a fast 5 mile. Any decent selection process is gonna have a healthy mix of short high-tempo runs and longer endurance runs.

>>33193453
He's confirmed 3rd ID trash.

>>33193455
But they do roid.

>>33193460
News flash: they all roid! Even cardio only fags like Lance Armstrong do it. Anderson Silva, Tim Kennedy, all the MMA/UFC guys do it. PEDs dont just increase muscle mass, they greatly aid in recovery time and endurance which makes them a must have if you even want to be a contender in the professional circuit. Also, guy in the OP pic is fucking Marine Force Recon.
>>
>>33193519
>Oh look, Eurotrash from 10 years ago. Definitely indicative of modern relevant SOF units.

I think if you emailed them and asked nicely they'd send you some naked pictures to add to your collection.
>>
File: tank abbott.jpg (71KB, 634x426px) Image search: [Google]
tank abbott.jpg
71KB, 634x426px
>>33193504
Way to move those goal posts.

There's a reason there are weight classes in fighting, the bigger guy generally wins.
>>
>>33193545
Nah I don't need that, I get regular butsex from my SEAL buddies, those guys love that shit. Plus they don't let guys into my gym who can't bench 300+ for reps.
>>
>>33193478
>Foreign SOF value opsec, therefore they dont do anything
Wow retard, the whole "SEAL book deal" all over again. Its hard for find any footage of the Belgian SFG at work, yet they were on the ground in Afghan before many American SF unit in 2002. GROM has no meaningful publicity presence yet they operated alongside US forces for the entirety of OIF/OEF and continue under TF49. Just because Universal Pictures isn't making movies about the "heroic" fuckups of foreign SF doesn't mean foreign SF do nothing.
>>
>>33193405
What if you're lactose intolerant?
>>
>>33193579
>sf i-i-is 8-80% m-mental!
>h-h-he'd either l-l-l-lose a bunch of w-w-weight and get leaner, or he'd w-w-w-wash out.
>>
>>33193579
>lift weights regularly
>friends get killed by illiterate teenagers who can't afford shoes

This could apply to any number of American wars.
>>
>>33193507
Emotional because they knew they had to actually do shit. ISAF: I Saw Americans Fight

Last time SAS did shit they dropped their guns, retreated, and left a service dog to be captured by terrorists. Bravo Europooreans. Last time a Brit sniper took down a hadji motoring his base he got court martialed for it.

I'm surprised you have it at an 80-20 split since for Eurotrash its 100-0 since you never leave the FOB. Must take a lot of mental discipline to not cut of your dick and suck off a Muslim to atone for your shameful European heritage.
>>
>>33193321
Just false. Exact body comp varies, but you'd be dead wrong if you don't think there's a lot of jacked SOF
>>
>>33193613
Calm yourself. Post more of your pictures of naked men. You've barely scraped into your collection.
>>
>>33193605
I dunno, its almost like Europe is begging big daddy Mattis to not pull all our "dumb, fat, slow American soldiers" out of your eurotrash countries.

"B-b-b-but daddy Trump, papa Mattis, Putin will rape us! Only the Somalis are supposed to be allowed to do that!"

Get your 2% bands up, and hop off this American dick boys, after decades of talking shit you're about to git hit fagets.
>>
>>33193438
A normal but healthy person is not going to find it easy to deadlift 220 pounds since most normal people have jobs that involve no heavy lifting or much physical activity. That is more than their own bodyweight in most cases.
>>
>>33193646
You've transcended soft focus photos of large naked men and straight into gay sex fantasies.

>>33193650
>A normal but healthy person is not going to find it easy to deadlift 220 pounds since most normal people have jobs that involve no heavy lifting or much physical activity

You shouldn't need to train to do that if you're even moderately active.
>>
What goes wrong in someone's life that he feels the need to insult other countries and perpetuate idiotic stereotypes on the internet?

This thread should been about functional strength routines and such, not a mentally challenged American jacking off to pictures of muscular men.
>>
>>33193665
Nah, this is the modern state of Europe. European leaders crying because America is gonna make you pull your fair share while you can't even police your own countries for Muslims let alone defend against Russia. 1200 German women raped in one night on New Years eve? But I have the cuck fantasy? I'm not the one who has to go outside with a chastity belt to prevent being culturally enriched by a mud slime. But hey man, whatever works for you. Russians aren't known for sexual assault or anything, so I wouldn't worry.

I'll stay safe with my "bulky roid body" that can't into oper8ing. Stay safe son.
>>
File: 1477037878073.jpg (25KB, 250x228px) Image search: [Google]
1477037878073.jpg
25KB, 250x228px
>thread about combat fitness
>devolves into tsundere gays flirting with each other
>>
File: 1349472747554.png (381KB, 656x425px) Image search: [Google]
1349472747554.png
381KB, 656x425px
>>33193300
This thread is cancer. Kill yourself OP.
>>
>>33193650
>most normal people have jobs that involve no heavy lifting or much physical activity.

petit bourgeoise detected
>>
File: grenade.png (824KB, 624x535px) Image search: [Google]
grenade.png
824KB, 624x535px
>>33193693
The rapes are exaggerated
>>
>>33193703
I don't see any homosexuality here, and am kind of let down to be honest.
>>33193680
This. We have PT threads all the time but this feels more at home on /fit/ than /k/..
>>
>>33193710
The vast majority of people in the West do not do manual jobs.

Cycling to work or running a few times a week won't prepare someone for lifting their own bodyweight. And even that makes you fitter than most people.
>>
>>33193335
>strength training
What a bunch of rubbish
>>
>>33193709
I started a legit thread, not my fault it got high jacked by retards who can't and wanna play make believe. I came here with links to actual SOF fitness tests and wanted to talk about strength training programs, then skinny lanklets hijacked it with dank memes to divert from their own crippling insecurity.
>>
>>33193725
>then skinny lanklets hijacked it with dank memes to divert from their own crippling insecurity.

They weren't the ones who started posting pictures of naked men in rapid succession
>>
>>33193725
Subtle, blaming everybody but the actual shitposter. Ignored the moron advocating roid use too.

>>33193722
There is no sensible argument against strength training. Being strong is just as important as having cardiovascular endurance or flexibility for balanced fitness.
>>
>>33193722
It's "load." If you want to pretend to be British and samefag, it's "load of rubbish".
>>
>>33193711
Okay Eurocuck.

>>33193712
/fit/ is all about aesthetics for the most part, and at the risk of introducing some really spicy memes I'm more interested in talking about functional fitness DUN DUN DUN.

>>33193722
True, it's not really strength training, but it is an excellent rebuttal to the stale meme that big guys can't be nimble or have any agility.

>>33193751
But roiding is actually not a health risk if you do it carefully, and it's not morally problematic if you're not doing it for a competitive sport but to train for combat which is inherently not about fairness and equality.

>>33193746
Those were just to post evidence that proves the "they're all skinny just like me guys!" trope is dumb.
>>
>>33193751
>the moron advocating roid use too
The majority of SOF is juicing, I'm not advocating it, I'm telling you what the reality of the current situation is.
>>
>>33193754
Why the hell would anyone want to do that
>>
>>33193478
haha SAS wrote the book on counter insurgency tactics
>>
>>33193754
A brit would say tosh, load of rubbish would be Australian or something
>>
>>33193478
French SF taught American SF everything they needed to know in Vietnam, it's a pity the Americans still fucked it up tho.
>>
>>33193751
IMO it's only popular in certain circles, the USA in particular, due to a complete lack of regular team sport at a recreational level and little to no regular formed exercise. People look at the gym as a substitute or fix of past failures.

Ideally, you want Infantrymen with the physique of a middle distance runner crossed with a middleweight boxer. SOF forces and their fitness tests should be a lot more cardio intensive than a 5 mile run at 40 minutes as a pass.

Someone unable to run 10 miles without stopping is a lot more of a liability to a combat unit than someone who hasn't stepped foot in a gym.
>>
>>33193776
And? They are utterly irrelevant in terms of current military affairs.
>>
File: 65b64b300c64b88b.jpg (29KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
65b64b300c64b88b.jpg
29KB, 640x360px
>>33193796
see >>33193803
also
>French SF
>>
>>33193776
Only Delta has the SAS role in the USA.

Every other US SF group does one thing poorly, and that's about it. This is why about half the US military is SOF. The SEALs are the biggest joke of all - you can finish SEAL training without ever doing a section level attack. Their Infantry skills are incredibly poor.
>>
>>33193796
KEK, the French AKA PLEASE AMERICA WE CAN'T HANDLE THE DICKING THESE SMALL VIETNAMESE RICE PEASENTS ARE HANDING US PLEASE COME HELP AERMI WAN KA NOBI, YOURE OUR ONLY HOPE! Taught America, the country that had just helped free it from the Nazis in WW2 after the French cowardly surrendered without putting up any coordinated resistance? France, a country with a multi-decade history of immediately surrendering taught America, the greatest military power in the world with back to back victories in several large scale conflicts how to handle war?

The European brain everyone, notice how AIDs and Syphilis have rotted it and eroded all cognitive function.
>>
>>33193810
>American SF
>Literally only known for their failures
>>
>>33193796
>french fighting in vietnam for almost 15 years before americans
>"they taught the americans everything they needed to know in vietnam"
They had fucking better have. You don't fight someone for more than a decade without fucking learning some tricks I swear to god why would you bring that up like taking pride in knowing how to get beat up lol fucking stupid
>>
>>33193816
French combat units had a much better record in Indochina than the Americans ever did, and that was on a shoestring budget.
>>
>>33193829
A better record at being shrekt? GJ m8. I love my French rifles, if they would only import the FAMAS. All French guns are in pristine condition since they're barely used and only dropped once.

The French are such pussies they have to recruit Turk roaches, slavs, and 3rd world Africans and Asians to do their real fighting for them.
>>
>>33193821
>perform the majority of operations across the globe
>if even 1% of them goes bad that's a lot of missions for people to hear about
>m-muh french special forces are better
Do you honestly think anyone agrees with you. This has to be b8.
>>
>>33193816
>America, the greatest military power in the world with back to back victories
No, by default the greatest military power is the NVA. You dont stay world champion after somebody beats you.
>>
I lift and go for runs sometimes. But im an army nurse so...
>>
>>33193844
>Beat us.

We were beat by hippies. Check the K/D kid, we were shreking the NVA until whinny cunts in the USA got tired of the war and wanted us to come home. No one lost, we simply decided it wasn't worth the bill to protect French interests. Then we came home and fucked the French on their gold standard and rekt their economy with the petrodollar. USA USA USA
>>
>>33193844
Not that anon but america actually won vietnam, the people at home just lost interest in the war and actually moved to end it. I dont know if you've ever actually done any research into it or you're just spouting ignorant shit so... read a book.
>>
>>33193803
They are in Syria right now with Delta????
>>
File: amerilost.png (139KB, 319x825px) Image search: [Google]
amerilost.png
139KB, 319x825px
>>33193860
hahahahahahahaha no
>>
File: LauriTorni.jpg (16KB, 220x322px) Image search: [Google]
LauriTorni.jpg
16KB, 220x322px
>>33193796
Nein!
>>
>murica fuk yeh
These posters are the reason /k/ is trash
>>
>>33193876
Wow how much did they pay you to edit an open source website Trung?

>>33193864
http://www.eliteukforces.info/uk-military-news/06022014-sas-dog-taliban.php

Losing more dogs as they retreat I can imagine.
>>
>>33193888
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4145070/SAS-sniper-kills-THREE-ISIS-fighters-single-shot.html

You're literally deluded.
>>
>>33193860
>Won Vietnam
>Abandoning your position so the enemy can occupy it is "winning", so long as you dont want to fight the enemy anymore
huh, sounds a lot like excuses from the side who tapped out but w/e
>>
>>33193888
lmao u lost HAHAHAHAHA How could you lose against a bunch of farmers??
>>
>>33193894
Its almost as nice as the SEALs who took out the Somali pirates. Don't worry England, you can always be second fiddle to us.

Also, European operators so on point they can't stop American operatives from renditioning their citizens or people in their countries. European courts on maximum damage control after they can't stop American snatch and grabs.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/31/world/europe/31cnd-germany.html
>>
>>33193860
You lost in Korea to and Cuba

You even committed 90,000 troops to Afghan and still and no difference there, you're pretty shit to be honest.
>>
>>33193918
Yes nice straw clutching, I don't give a fuck about EU or Germany. They are completely different countries.
>>
>>33193896
>>33193876
>kick the shit out of nva consistently
>bring northern control back to a half way point after picking up the slack the french couldnt handle
>win every major battle
>people at home get cold feet and force a withdraw
>"omg america lost lol"
and I'm the deluded one lol fuck
>>
>>33193896
Ifyoukillyourenemyhewins.jpg
>>
>>33193925
Please remind me of anyone else having major wars and occupations even close to this scale.
And how we lost korea, i'll give you cubas failed cia led coup. Most americans are against the war in the middle east, that doesn't mean as the worlds police we don't have a job to do.

When was the last time england did anything worth a squirt. Enjoy your nanny state m8.
>>
>>33193300
>what are you guys doing to train your physical

Swimming as a substitute for running (I used to run a lot), I teach wrestling once a week, and train with the university Judo team two to three times a week.

>mental

I pay a midget from the Black Lodge to follow me around and constantly talk backwards.
>>
>>33193943
>kick the shit out of nva consistently
>bring northern control back to a half way point after picking up the slack the french couldnt handle
>win every major battle
And all that effort was for nothing because you couldn't (or "didn't want to" as I'm sure you'll argue) hold the ground, meaning the NVA swept in and took over the south as if you'd never been there at all.
Lets not forget that the Germans kicked the shit out of everyone and won every major battle until 1942, doesn't mean they won the war.
>>
>>33193438
>That's achievable if you're a normal, untrained but healthy person. You shouldn't need to actually train to be able to pick up 220lb.

T. someone who has never lifted.

Pretty much every lift is as much a skill movement as it is a strength movement. You're average untrained person isn't going to DL 225 without hurting themselves. If they can even get it off the floor. Which is how I know you've never lifted, because you are significantly overestimating both your own strength and the strength of the average person.
>>
>>33194030
I like how you left out the part where people got cold feet at home and pulled out.
>Lets not forget that the Germans kicked the shit out of everyone and won every major battle until 1942, doesn't mean they won the war.
Yeah, but they would have.
>>
>>33193550
That's not how it is in my Animes!
>>
>>33194054
>You're average untrained person isn't going to DL 225 without hurting themselves.
Is this b8? No untrained person will bench/shoulder press 225, but even teenage girls can deadlift 100 kilos.
>>
>>33193769
>functional fitness
this is a safe space anon, you can talk about your autism here
>>
>>33193598
Gallon of almond milk then geneticlet
>>
File: 1468430951640.jpg (78KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
1468430951640.jpg
78KB, 750x500px
>hurt MCL playing football in high school, have to quit senior year
>three years later, still aches
>no loss of strength, can still run, lift, backpack, play sports, do whatever, but it still aches whenever I use it

I've had an MRI and they say that there's absolutely nothing wrong with it, but I'm still nervous about joining the military with a knee that isn't absolutely 100%. I guess I'll know soon enough.
>>
>>33193798
>IMO it's only popular in certain circles

>IMO

Well Nigel it turns out your opinion is garbage. Look at literally any competitive athletic program in any country. They have some form of strength program tailored to their sport as part of a comprehensive training program. And none of them are doing CrossFit, their strength programs have them in the weight room.
>>
>>33194117
>but even teenage girls can deadlift 100 kilos.

Completely untrained no they can't.
>>
>>33194171
t.opinion
>>
>>33194054
He's a moron. The test isnt even to DL 220 either, it's to DL 80lb,90,100,110,120,130,140,150,160,170,180,190,200,210,220 all sequentially with no rest. So realistically, 220 is nothing impressive, there are plenty of guys who can pull over 700lb who are natty and aren't even super beasts who train every moment of every day. But the current test is a decent test of lower body and back strength who someone who has not even been to basic training yet. And anyone who's ever worked out knows that you can't pass a test like this without any background in weight lifting. He claims to be European SOF, he's probably some autistic European who's staying up past his bed time.
>>
>>33193309
How do you train that?
>>
>>33193510
holy shit head some fucking food god damn i could break you in half with my knee son come on now
>>
>>33194171
Read the rest of the post.

Weightlifting is exercise for the fat.
>>
>>33194411
>needs a background in weightlifting to lift 220lbs

If you grew up watching wrestling and eating Doritos, which every single /k/ SF aspirant did.
>>
File: a.png (13KB, 72x77px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
13KB, 72x77px
>>33193711
>citing something that happened after he had the claim
wow it's like we're ignoring shit that happen yesterday WOW
>>
>>33194485
What's your deadlift PR?
>>
>>33194460
Squat, deadlifts?
>>
>>33193510
what jacket and helmet??
>>
>>33194540
400lb, so about half of an American.
>>
I wonder how many people are athletes like they're claiming to be in this thread?
>>
>>33194647
/k/ has a lot of active people, and a lot of active people play sports. Not everyone on 4chan is a 300lb fatass or a skelligton.
>>
File: 123421421.jpg (233KB, 671x615px) Image search: [Google]
123421421.jpg
233KB, 671x615px
>>33193321
Wut?
>>
>>33194607
>>33194607
So 220 is natural baseline for a healthy but untrained individual, but your PR is 400? You best be talking KG son or that's light weight bb. If we're talking pounds 600+ natty, 800+ if you're enhanced.
>>
File: 12341242.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
12341242.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>ITT: Hungry skeletons trying to justify their complete lack of exercise and healthy eating as combat effective and gym junkie meatheads getting triggered that people don't worship their biceps
Listen, whatever, you know, whatever! You do what you wanna do, I do what I wanna do.
See, but, you're all suckers, you're getting fed this lie about "how x body type is the most combat effective," it's not, you're gonna die, someones gonna shoot you, someones gonna shoot you with a rusted AK. Make sure you weigh 90Ibs at 7', or you have abs on your biceps, you wanna look operator for when you get shot by some sandnigger.
Sorry, that's how it works
>>
>>33194481
>Weightlifting is exercise for the fat.

Except literally every single competitive athletic program in the world has weightlifting in their strength and conditioning program. Stop being so mad that you deny reality you lanklet cock suck.
>>
>>33194744
>why aren't you as strong as a powerlifter
>>
>>33194783
He's right though. If an average untrained person is supposed to be able to DL 220 easily with absolutely no training (which is ignoring that the big lifts are skill movements too) then 400 lbs for a trained athlete is garbage.
>>
>>33194783
I'm not talking about power lifters brohan, these are weights for people who simple have HIT in their routine which is a staple of any military fitness test. Even TACPs have to be able to DL 450 for reps as part of the Airforces gay fitness program. I have friends who do cross shit, 4 times a week and are vegetarian who pull 600lbs. I haven't touched serious weights in about a year, mostly doing high rep scheme, low rest calistethnics (though I did previously spend some time experimenting as a power lifter) and I can still pull ~800lb for a one rep max.
>>
>>33194804
Let's not forget that the 220 pull is after about 15 lesser pulls leading up to it. So realistically let's say pulling 220 for 5 reps. He's saying your average person can pull 220 for reps, but as a Eurpean SOF badass he can get 400 as a one rep max. Seems legit.
>>
>>33193432
7 year infantry reporting in to call you a faggot
The average dude is muscular enough, no need for bulking. Your time is better used doing resistance workouts like pushups and sit ups
>>
>>33193796
France still teaches American troops jungle survival and jungle warfare training today at CEFE in French Guyana, if there was actually American servicemen here they would know that but this thread is sadly all never served and LARRPers
>>
>>33193965
lmao I'm not even European?
>>
File: WHt6F9P.png (77KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
WHt6F9P.png
77KB, 300x300px
Okay you fucking faggots.

Do you NEED to be a cock strong diesel motherfucker that masturbates to himself in the mirror?

No.

Will it help?

Most certainly yes. You do a lot of random heavy lifting of gear. Strength training will not hurt you one bit. It can only help you.
>>
File: i luv u frooty roody.gif (626KB, 245x400px) Image search: [Google]
i luv u frooty roody.gif
626KB, 245x400px
i do powerlifting as a hobby but i can't run for shit lmao i'd be fucked in a real combat situation. thanks for the reminder to go do some cardio
>>
>>33193300
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>33193595
>yet they were on the ground in Afghan before many American SF unit in 2002.

US SF was on Afghan ground in 2001. Try harder.
>>
>>33194940
>no need for bulking.
Bulking isn't a function of lifting, bulking is a function of lifting AND eating big.

Strength and conditioning, including lifting, isn't alone going to make you "bulky" if you're not taking in enough calories to gain weight. This is why people who don't know shit about physical training shouldn't speak authoritatively about it.

Doing a 5 mile slow pace company run while slightly still drunk doesn't make you a PT expert.
>>
>>33193300

Lift 4 days a week, ruck on the 5th. Cycling and stair climbing for cardio.

In addition to regular unit PT when I am required to.

>tfw PT score is only 282 :^(
>>
>>33193495
Is this the guy from hunting hitler??
>>
>>33193510
All US 18s ive meet have a shit ton more meat than you. Most 11 I know are right on the height weight limit some getting tapped. The only skelly infantry I've meet were Os.
>>
What's the most /fit/ gun? What gun will make my muscles sore?
>>
File: 1479534711074.jpg (71KB, 640x631px) Image search: [Google]
1479534711074.jpg
71KB, 640x631px
>>33193300
I practice jacking of 7 to 10 times per day
>>
>>33197396

one of those RPK clones with a full drum mag probly gets heavy, maybe a musket with full combat load of powder and bullets.
>>
>>33193796
>French SF taught American SF everything they needed to know in Vietnam

The gooks beat the Frogs like rented mules and not just at Dien Bien Phu. The French were ineffective, incompetent, and unlike the US were forced to leave by battlefield defeat. US lost due to choosing an unwinnable war (the Chinks could always escalate and Washington couldn't risk that while defending NATO, which actually mattered).

Read the wonderful, and dead, French historian Bernard Fall. A fine writer and a brave fellow.
>>
>>33193829
>French combat units had a much better record in Indochina than the Americans ever did,

Dien Bien Phu and the destruction of Groupe Mobile 100 ring any bells? Facts, motherfucker, do you speak them?
>>
>>33193859
The NVA were bleeding US money and treasure. They had a saying, "two, three, many Viet Nams!".

The general public got tired at the 50K KIA point. You were probably not alive then. I was but a few years too young to enlist. The US military was a fucking disaster brought on by the greater disaster of futile war for zero purpose, zero gain, and zero strategic value.

We pay port calls to the winners because now the US finally understands Viet Nam's historic enemy is China.

https://msuweb.montclair.edu/~furrg/Vietnam/heinl.html
>>
>>33193860
A peace accord was also what the French settled for to save face. The end of both wars was a foregone conclusion.
>>
>>33193925
Korea was a draw. Notice the lack of Nork tanks in the South?

Cuba wasn't a military conflict except for the aborted Bay of Pigs CIA fiasco which was not a conventional war.
>>
>>33194056
Quitting at 50K casualties with no end in sight isn't cold feet, it's wanting to end a useless war.

You've no idea how that many dead affected the us at the time, not to mention the wounded.
>>
>>33193327
I'm prepping for the OPAT right now... I could probably get black right now if I tried, but I'm gonna make sure I'm preparing because I'm not gonna fuck my career over one test.
>>
>>33193300
Step 1: get fuckin wasted
Step 2: wake up and run a 3 mile
Step 3: go eat a chow hall breakfast burrito
Step 4: ???
Step 5: profit

A lance coolies guide to success.
>>
File: 1438216170723.jpg (75KB, 663x960px) Image search: [Google]
1438216170723.jpg
75KB, 663x960px
>>33197629
4chan ate my image. WTF bro?
>>
>>33193859
>>33193860
>this fucking argument again

>Two football teams play a game.
>Team A causes a shitload of injuries
>Team B scores more points
You're arguing that Team A won the game.

We didn't accomplish our goal in Vietnam.
It doesn't matter how many gooks we killed or how many Americans died.
>>
File: adeptus astartes circa 401940.jpg (129KB, 628x421px) Image search: [Google]
adeptus astartes circa 401940.jpg
129KB, 628x421px
>>
>>33193860
I bet you think Hannibal won against Rome too.
>>
>>33193300
cardio is up there. after that make sure you're developing usable strength, and not trying to "body build" I know people will say bulk up, and yea you can do that, but don't go overboard on muscle size, just work on cardio and usable strength.
>>
File: ripped muscle studs.jpg (94KB, 607x534px) Image search: [Google]
ripped muscle studs.jpg
94KB, 607x534px
>>33193432
>Infantry soldiering does not and never has required the use of the weights room

it really doesn't

and you're pretty retarded judging by your other posts.

t. 3 ID
>>
>>33194117
>is this bait
clearly you are.
>>
>>33194117

> What does 'snap city' mean?
>>
File: 1483165004038.jpg (35KB, 320x317px) Image search: [Google]
1483165004038.jpg
35KB, 320x317px
>>33194117
>but even teenage girls can deadlift 100 kilos.

'''no'''
Thread posts: 153
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.