[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/LEGO/ Law Enforcement General - Official

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: LAPD.jpg (78KB, 850x601px) Image search: [Google]
LAPD.jpg
78KB, 850x601px
Thread #3(4?)

Last was good, so let's keep it going.

I have a question about the polygraph. I've been reading stories of people getting arrested because they indicate deception on questions like "Have you murdered someone" or "Have you been in posession of CP"

Not because they did it, but because they were nervous. A lot of officers say plygraphs are a shit tool, but this scares the shit out of me. I haven't done anything ike that, but I don't trust myself to not psych myself out.

I won't even try if it means I could potentially get jail time for being a nervous spaz.
>>
>>33191933
I also have a question about the polygraph.
I smoked weed once when I was 17. I'm 26 now. Will I not be accepted into the academy for this?
>>
>>33191933
Polygraphs prove nothing. If anybody arrested you for failing one, you'd rightfully have an unlawful arrest lawsuit coming, and you'd probably not have to worry about working for a very long time with the settlement.

>>33191969
Many jobs look past that now if you haven't used it in a long time and we're only experimenting.
If you're caught lying, you're disqualified automatically.
Not every job is so tolerant of past use though, and once there's a paper trail of you admitting it, there's no going back.

Read on some polygraph strategies and don't worry about it. It's a pseudoscience at best, it only works if you're afraid of it.
>>
>>33192027
How do you get caught lying though?

From what I know about polygraphs, they monitor your heart rate, breathing, and perspiration.

If someone indicates deception, they just use their discretion in thinking if the subject is lying or not?

If you are caught lying, like you didn't put something on your background and they find out, that's illegal right? I don't want to forget to put something and I can't a fine or something.
>>
>>33192027
I'm going to just tell the truth and hope for the best since it was just once and almost 10 years ago.
>>
>>33191933

>I've been reading stories of people getting arrested because they indicate deception
You literally cannot be arrested for indicating deception on the poly, you can only be arrested for your own admissions.

Tell the truth and stick to it.
>>
>>33192066
they see the freakout on the polygraph and think you're lying because you're stressed/heart is racing/etc

in reality you might just have to take a massive shit and you're trying to hold it in
>>
>>33192071
bro straight up, don't admit shit unless someone else who you list as a contact can confirm it or might spill the beans on it. cops are not your friends and telling the truth doesn't get you brownie points. if anything it makes them look at you harder and they will kick you to the curb in lieu of someone else in an instant
>>
>>33192258
Good point. I think I can probably learn to trick the polygraph by the time I would have to take it anyway.
>>
>>33192258
>>33192275

It's the other way around really. Unless you're Mormon if you tell the polygrapher you've never smoked weed once they're going to treat everything you say as a lie. Same thing with, "Have you ever downloaded music or movies?" Pretending you've never downloaded either without paying if you're below the age of 40 is a guarantee you're not getting the job.

Keep in mind also that unless you grew the weed yourself, smoked it by yourself, and no one knows you have ever smoked it you're taking quite a gamble. Any lying at all in the LE profession these days is guaranteeing that you're not going to get the job.
>>
File: 1488094057668.jpg (31KB, 640x287px) Image search: [Google]
1488094057668.jpg
31KB, 640x287px
I've got a question. I've got no felonies a couple DUI's(last one in 09). I was booked at one point for striking a civil-servant(was dropped). I have prior mil-service(not stating that for pros just do and I know they look at that stuff).

I guess what I'm asking here is what are my chances of any department looking at all this and hiring me. I would go through a local academy over Uni if I do pursue this. Kinda just want to know what Cop-anons thoughts on this are.
Pic unrelated just for high vis
>>
>>33192512
>a couple DUI's

0%
>>
>>33192512
>a couple DUI's
>striking a civil-servant

Doesn't matter how far in the past these things were or if the charges were dropped. The fact you were booked and paper exists for either is enough to DQ you from being hired.
>>
>>33192534
Does this include if it was from when you were a minor?
>>
>>33192572

Yes
>>
>>33192526
>>33192534
Original poster. Thanks for your answer and stay safe.
>>
Do Russian PDs have more freedom than other PDs? They seem to be able to kick more ass.
>>
>>33192983

Every country has different laws.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.