[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How accurate would you say this is /k/? I watch a shitton of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8

File: WWII movies by country.png (84KB, 1092x1120px) Image search: [Google]
WWII movies by country.png
84KB, 1092x1120px
How accurate would you say this is /k/?
I watch a shitton of foreign WWII movies and this is what I'm getting.
>>
>>33189612
Not accurate at all.
>>
>>33189770
t. Brit
>>
>>33189612
Nanking Nanking wasn't such a bad ww2 movie made by the Chinese. They had some decent combat scenes in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKZItn7m5Dk
>>
>>33189812

what was that movie about how 10 chinese guys killed 10 gorillion japs with stick grenades?
>>
>>33189929
In an ambush, but got promptly rekt after a Japanese counter attack.
>>
>>33189612
America: US saved the World. Racism didn't exist back them.
USSR: War is bad, mkay?
Russia: Stalin was bad, mkay?
Britain: We rode fully on US supplies but we'll never tell anyone about it.
Germany: It's all Hitler's personal fault.
Japan: We did horrible thing, but we did it with hard work and dedication. Hard work and dedication is good.
China. Hey, Spielberg, fuck you, our WWII movies are better. (They really are)
>>
>>33191298
>China. Hey, Spielberg, fuck you, our WWII movies are better. (They really are)
I don't know about just the movies, but they've got LOTS of hilariously bad WWII TV shows.
>>
>>33189612
Chinese movies about WW2 are crazy stupid.
>>
>>33189612
forgot taiwan #1
>>
>>33189612
Did you know Chinese actually has an "L", and you're a dipshit?
Ask Lucy Liu, Lisa Ling, or Ling Ling the panda.
>>
File: I_Am_the_Law-cover.jpg (104KB, 500x756px) Image search: [Google]
I_Am_the_Law-cover.jpg
104KB, 500x756px
>>33189612
You forgot

>Italy: I AM THE LAW
>>
Australia: "FARK YOU, FARKIN NIP CUNT, NO I DON'T WANNA BUILD YA FARKEN RAILROAD STRUTH FUCKIN HOTTER THAN A NUN'S TWAT OUT HERE YA FARKEN WANKERS GISS A BEER CUNT FARK THIS FARKEN BRIDGE SHIT AY"
>>
>>33189612
Has China ever made a WW2 movie that was actually good other than The City of Life and Death?
>>
>>33189612
And then there's Sweden
>>
>>33191685
Sweden wasn't in WW2, so all their movies are fucking lame snowball fights, children playing with sleds, and the government selling coal and iron to both sides like the snowjews they were.
>>
That Danish movie "This Land of Mine" was alright.

Eastwood's movie "Letters from Iwo Jima" was pretty good. Haven't seen "Flags of our Fathers" though. Should I?
>>
>>33191594
Yeah but they mix it up with R in English you uncultered chucklefuck
>>
>>33191996
No they don't. Do you even into phonetics and phonology?
>>
>>33191594
>>33192012
Shut the fuck up Zhang no one asked for your in deptth analysis of some dumb meme chart
CHrist asians are autistic motherfuckers
>>
>>33192012
Prease you fucking newfag. If you don't know this ancient steleotype then I question you'le age
>>
>>33192029
>>33192022
It was always a Japanese-specific steleotype, you ignolant cockgobblels.
>>
>>33192036
Ching chong ping pong
>>
>>33192036
>Always
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTq20prt0K8

Just shut up, fol leal.
>>
>>33192048
All that shows is
>American education

Can't even get memes right for fuck's sake.
>>
>>33192061
Hahahaha whatevel Ming Lo, maybe you just don't want to be associated with supeliol Japanese, you so proud of being smerry Chinese palasite, youl palents send you money flom firthy commie chink rand and terr you how gleat it is, whire you thlive in capitarism in ignolance. Hahaha, ni hao ping spang mo wing xhao ban pang hahahahaha
>>
>>33192100
>ni hao ping spang mo wing xhao ban pang
>mfw
That's some seliously good Chinese for a """"white guy""""
>>
File: 1486033656371.gif (179KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1486033656371.gif
179KB, 375x375px
>>33192117
Holy fuck, it actually formed a sentence
I, in all honestly, typed gibberish. Or what was gibberish to me. This is how shit your language is, Ming Lo
>>
>>33192123
>not getting the Selous Scouts reference
>>>/out/
>>
>>33189612
There are certainly excpetions.

Cross of Iron for example.
>>
>>33192036
no way
Christmas Story has Chinese with that problem
>>
>>33189612
>Germany: Guys we're really sorry about the holohoax, our bad, well, Hitler's bad, but we feel just awful about it, here's another film about it so you don't forget how awful it was and how sorry we are.
I fucking hate it, every damn german WWII movie is nonstop holocaust apologetics
>>
>>33192219
>holocaust apologetics
That phrase does not mean what you think it means, anon.
>>
>>33192235
fuck, this is why I don't post after 3am, I just make retarded mistakes, thanks for the correction though
>>
>>33189612
Did anyone ever see Panfilov's 28? Was it any good?
>>
>>33191298
>China. Hey, Spielberg, fuck you, our WWII movies are better. (They really are)

Not like Spielberg is perfect but having seen a bit of campy-ass MiddleKingdom cinema and tv I'm going to either need a source or call bullshit on that.

It's all way too stylized in a goofy way and has no idea what the fuck subtlety is.
>>
>>33192251
I hope it is, but the incident never happened and the fabricated story was later discredited by Russian investigations.
>>
>>33192306
City of Life and Death is clearly an attempt to overplay Schindler's List and pretty successful.
Tai Hang shan shang is very decent and kinda fun in it's overpetriotic propaganda-style pathos.
Assembly is not about WWII, but about Chinese civil war, few years later. And it fucking wrecks Saving Private Ryan.
>>33192251
Very cheap and there is no story in movie. It's like watching like somebody plays one level of Call of Duty 2.
>>
>>33191685
>race is based on class chosen
>>
File: 9390487731_bf63021b2a.jpg (49KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
9390487731_bf63021b2a.jpg
49KB, 400x386px
>>33191699
Now now. They were stuvk between nazi occupied norway and the russian waves attacking finland. They helped Finland quiet a bit materially and let the nazis through to sucker punch russia.

I can respect the pussies far more than Spain

Spain movie: cha ching nazi and baguette gold
>>
>>33193374
>I can respect the pussies far more than Spain
uwot? Spain just finished a brutal civil war, like they're gonna just start a new war because reasons.
>>
China has interesting war history, especially during the periods of the Warlord's Era all the way to the Chinese Civil War. It's a damn shame they can't make a good movie that isn't plagued with shitty camera usage and a complete lack of realism.
>>
>>33192706
>Assembly
>it fucking wrecks Saving Private Ryan.
I'm not one of those people who says SPR is the best war flick ever made (not even in the realm of American productions), but your taste is objectively terrible.
>>
>>33189612
What are the French ones like
>>
>>33189612
Brits movies tend to be POW based.
>>
British military saying; we lose every battle except the last one.
Alternatively; before El-Alamein, there were no victories. After, there were no defeats.
>>
>>33191728
>"Flags of our Fathers" though. Should I?
Yeah, it's good.

I watched both of the movies in one sitting and I found Letters more interesting, because Japanese culture is more foreign to me than American one.
>>
>>33194952
I mean it's good for a PRC military movie but it's pretty much exactly what you'd expect out of any Asian historical war movie with a budget
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIzIIL8AV_U
>Weak sounding guns/artillery/explosions
>Shaky cam out the asshole
>Enemies kneel in the open and get mowed down
>Improvised explosives decimating a human wave charge
>Sweeping "tense" musical score that sounds like it came from the 1960s
>Hammy tragic ending meant to tug on the heart strings that's comparable to the climax of a soap opera

It's all there. Not that Assembly was bad, but movies I can think of that did that whole song and dance better in Asian cinema alone are 71: Into the Fire and Tae Guk Gi. Hell, even The Front Line. Yes, those are all Korean war movies, but they just tend to be better than PRC war movies in every regard, even if they abide by the same routines as described above. Assembly doesn't even manage to stick out among its peers, so I really don't see how it can be better than Saving Private Ryan, which has its own glaring issues.
>>
>>33195132
Letters was a better movie in general, and I'm pretty sure that's the universal consensus. Better, more interesting narrative, far more grounded in its setting, Ken Watanabe, these things and more help it rise above.
>>
>>33195141
Tae Guk Gi was 10/10, would reccomend.
>>
>>33193330
>RPG mechanics
>>
>>33195171
It really was a cut above and came out of nowhere. Damn shame no one wanted to question any of Kang Je-gyu's decisions after how good TGG was and we got the mess that was My Way as a result.
>>
>>33195171
IT was neat, but that Korean soap opera of a storyline was just comical
>>
>>33195332
Just something you have to get used to when it comes to any sort of Asian drama genre, military or otherwise. They ham it up as if it was going out of style. I'd actually say the last few minutes of TGG were the most blatant of that.
>>
>>33192012
Go find a Chinese person while wearing a black shirt, ask them what color your shirt is. "It's brack?"
>>
>>33195195
My Way was a fucking great movie.
>>
>>33195349

>Your brother is still alive. He defected and is now a North Korean pop star!
>>
>>33192123
>>33192100
Someones frustrated as fuck lol
>>
>>33195510
It jumped around way too much, many of the action scenes were hokey even by Asian cinema standards, the smoking hot female sniper cliche was acknowledged as being tired and beaten to death even by Koreans before it came out, and there was so, so much wrong with the D-Day sequence. It had its moments (the gulag and Eastern Front segments were pretty nifty), but it was a pretty cobbled-together movie and the director himself says he blundered in a big way.
>>33195579
That was pretty lulzy too. The curcumstances leading him to fighting for Best Korea were pretty ham-fisted too, but I'm just glad it acknowledged the witch hunting bullshit the South Korean militias did to their own people in the name of weeding out communists.
>>
Norway: We lasted longer than France! 3 million people! LONGER THAN FRANCE!

Just kidding, in the two movies I've seen it's:
Tiny country with some help from Britain sends the six soldiers it has to repeatedly sabotage the Germans.
>>
>>33189612
>chink movies
This beat is sick though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRMTF8ChAAQ
>>
>>33191628

If there's an english version of this I want to see it.
>>
>>33192706
>Assembly is not about WWII, but about Chinese civil war, few years later. And it fucking wrecks Saving Private Ryan

thanks watching it now. rather go full blown down than just feel nothing.
>>
>>33189612
every american ww2 movie is about muh poor Jews elevating themselves above everyone else that died in WW2

fuck 'em
>>
Max manus Man of war

A Bridge too far

Paths of glory

Zulu

And.....fiction but the unforgettable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XKGhG0W0LQ
>>
>>33196799

My squad used to hum the theme from where eages dare together on vehicle insert.

Now I'm just an old wreck.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j9kRciiD3E

skip to 2:12
>>
>>33196845
Abide with me, fast falls the eventide
The darkness deepens Lord, with me abide
When other helpers fail and comforts flee
Help of the helpless, oh, abide with me

Swift to its close ebbs out life's little day
Earth's joys grow dim, its glories pass away
Change and decay in all around I see
O Thou who changest not, abide with me

I fear no foe, with Thee at hand to bless
Ills have no weight, and tears no bitterness
Where is death's sting?
Where, grave, thy victory?
I triumph still, if Thou abide with me

Hold Thou Thy cross before my closing eyes
Shine through the gloom and point me to the skies
Heaven's morning breaks, and earth's vain shadows flee
In life, in death, o Lord, abide with me
Abide with me, abide with me
>>
>>33196799
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gyyGHHXfck
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.