[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /k/ think about these games? also is it true that the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 17

File: video games.jpg (77KB, 460x431px) Image search: [Google]
video games.jpg
77KB, 460x431px
What does /k/ think about these games? also is it true that the ARMA series is used to train soldiers?
>>
>>33188487

i remember we used a version of arma 1 that integrated a full suit of sensors + head visor with the game.

it was fucking retarded.
>>
>>33188514
that sounds fucking badass.
>>
File: Rainbow Sprinkles.jpg (61KB, 331x481px) Image search: [Google]
Rainbow Sprinkles.jpg
61KB, 331x481px
>>33188487
I mean, they slapped poor Tom Clancy's name on it, but it's no Rainbow.
>>
>>33188487
game is fun. Not as fake/stupid as COD but it's no America's Army/Arma either. pretty much everything is based off peaking.
>>
>>33188487
I was in for ten years. The only video game thing we ever used was this giant room with projectors and a rifle that corresponded with the images. Idr what it was called but it sure as fuck wasn't arma. We had shoot houses, simunitions, and blanks for training.

I love arma though.
>>
which arma is the best
>>
>>33188584
I like siege too. Especially when you have a team that communicates. I just started playing arma with a group of British ex army. I was us military so it's tons of fun going on mock patrols and shit without nasally 14 year olds and the cringe autismos of other groups I've played with.
>>
anyone try squad? is it any good?
>>
File: Akiyama.gif (2MB, 709x625px) Image search: [Google]
Akiyama.gif
2MB, 709x625px
>>33188487

Arma is great if you're going for authenticity, fun with friends, and if you like modding. It's not super realistic vanilla, but it can be with mods. Head tracking while flying aircraft is amazing, too.

I have no opinion on R6. I've never played a Tom Clancy game in my life with all honesty.
>>
>>33188642
It's alright. It's still early development but arma completely blows it out of the water. Who you're playing with makes or breaks the game. Well worth the twenty bucks though.
>>
>>33188487
>lso is it true that the ARMA series is used to train soldiers?

A modified product with the same engine, I believe.
>>
>>33188487

Arma with mods. In my opinion, though optimised like shit, Arma 2 with ACE and ACRE was the closest the Arma series ever got to an actual military simulator. I enjoyed the more 'sluggish' controls and movement that resembled troops today carrying body armour, equipment and harnesses. In Arma 3, everything is too responsive and fluid.
>>
>>33189128
>modified

how?
>>
>>33188487
Good
See: VBS2 & VBS3
>>
>>33189789
FlashPoint, Arma -> video games
VBS 1, 2 & 3 -> tactical simulator

Both series use the same engines but this is going to change BIA and BIS are no longer working together.
>>
What about strategy games like Hearts of Iron and Men of War?
>>
a couple friends (defense industry dudes, security, veterans, active duty, police, et c) play arma 3 regularly (rather we try to, often it's tough to schedule things together). between seige and arma, i have more fun with arma's missions, in terms of scope and planning. seige is more fun than the pvp arma servers i've been on.
>>
>>33189613
ACE3, ECM, and more exist for arma 3 that tries more on the simulator side of things.
>>
ARMA 3 is dead because of the lack of modding. The developpers forgot that mods were the only reason their previous shitty games ever took off, and thought they could get away with selling their own shitty DLC rather than giving anything for modders to work with. End result, all we've got are a bunch of worthless reskins, some imports from previous games, and pretty much zero original content. Amazing.
>>
>>33191884
lol arma 3 has a shit ton of scenarios and mods with dedicated servers along with zeus and the new map editor. you're on crack.

https://steamdb.info/app/107410/

90%+ and 13,000+ current users (40,000+ peak).

sure it's not as popular as left 4 dead 2 but it never was intended to be.
>>
>>33191884
>lack of modding
34.262 mods in steam workshop, and even more in bis /armaholic / nexus forums not to mention dev groups like unsung or bwmod

arma 3 isn't as huge as arma 2, but it's growing, and isn't anywhere near "dead" or "lacking mods".
>>
>>33191884
The problem is that FP & ArmA are attractive because they try to simulate reality. With 3, they clearly didn't wanted to do the same thing VBS could do, especially with VBS 3 Personnal Edition (which is aimed at individuals not institutions).
Another fuck up they did not develop enough the tools to protect modders. In the end most of modders lost their interest after seing people debinarize their work...
>>
There's Virtual Battlespace 3 which is Arma with all the game taken out.
It's not available for commercial purchase as far as I know.
It's pretty in depth.
>>
>>33191952
You don't cut the game from a video game to make it a simulator...
You remove features from a simulator to make it a video game.

In any case, all simulators can be video games, all video games can be simulators; it is the seriousness of the individual and the tools used to improve that individual that make the difference.
>>
>>33191743
You've never played VBS,clearly. It's literally Arma with more units and mission editor options, and a 3d map editor. Even if you haven't played VBS, you can easily look this up with simple research.

Hint: the whole reason VBS exists is because of Operation Flashpoint, VBS1 was nothing more than a modded version of that to fit the militaries needs for matching units and more scripting options
>>
>>33191986
Don't go full retard, Anon...
I never said the opposite.

VBS was developped as an instutionnal version of Operation FlashPoint; a version with more features that satisfy training needs.
ArmA was later developed from the same engine as FlashPoint, with graphical enhancements. At some point an update 1.X to VBS brough the ArmA engine to VBS.
>>
>>33189697
[CLASSIFIED]
>>
>>33191884
The problem with ARMA isn't the mods. It's that the whole player community would rather use it as a Second Life Sims game.
>>
File: size0.jpg (57KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
size0.jpg
57KB, 640x425px
>>33192049
Arma = Operation Flashpoint, it's literally OFP2. VBS1= OFP, VBS2 = ARMA 1, and so on.
>>
>>33192062
Well you got some features such as HLA architecture that allow communication between multiple simulation software. A simple HLA bridge (such as Calytrix) allow you to pair let's say VBS with Steel Beasts Pro.

Add to that Thermals and LRF first where implemented in VBS before their arrival in ArmA.

>>33192090
Well, I see that you already went full retard beyound any kind of recovery...

OFP2 isn't even relevant, it's a game developped by CodeMaster.

Regarding the engine used :
VBS1 : first OFP engine, then ArmA
VBS2 : Arma engine then ArmA 2
For VBS3 I can not tell, I have used it nor followed it. I just stuck with Steel Beasts Pro PE...
>>
>>33192114
>OFP2 isn't even relevant, it's a game developped by CodeMaster.

I never even mentioned OFP2 you fucking idiot. I said Arma was literally OFP2, which it is.

'Operation FP2 Dragon Rising' has nothing to do with the original OFP or Arma, or VBS, Jesus christ
>>
>>33192122
>never mentionned OFP2, just said ArmA was OFP2...
Obvious down syndrone, just fuck off...
>>
>>33192128
>doesn't want to acknowledge Arma is merely a continuation of OFP after BIS lost the rights to the name ' Operation Flashpoint"
>>
I like the Pilgrimage singleplayer mod. Wandering around, getting into firefights with all the units you have modded into the game, and enjoying a moderate pace.
>>
>>33192128
You do realize that the sequel to OFP1 had to be called something else entirely, right?
>>
>>33189697
Its the same shit.

Its basically used to help platoon leaders and below understand their interaction with indirect fire and squad elements.

So basically infantry doctrine exemplified in video game form.

A complete and utter waste of taxpayers money. It doesn't translate IRL at all.

However. I understand why Bohemia got arrested in bumfuck Greece.
>>
>>33192131
I acknowledge that shit...
You just don't take into account that I've followed that shit from the beginning and am sensitive to the details... to the point that when I highlighted that OFP2 wasn't even relevant because it is an actual game released by another devteam... you went full retard.
Instead of simply say "Hey, you know the difference between ArmA and OFP2." you went "You fucking idiot I never said OFP2 but I said ArmA was supposed to be OFP2..."
>>
>>33192145
Not necessarilly...
You can start a franchise and kill it for another franchise.
In that case BIS lost the rights for FlashPoint and moved on to another franchise with the same features and more...
>>
>>33188685
Trackir + arma is love.
>>
>>33192158
>You just don't take into account that I've followed that shit from the beginning

I've been playing the series since the demo to OFP was released, if you weren't a fucking idiot you would have known tge true OFP2 = Arma all along without anyone needing to point it out to you
>>
Most realistic thing about Siege is how effective a well executed rush is.
The faster you muck up the enemy the less time they have to prepare and respond.
>>
>>33192177
What is the point of talking to you...
Does Arma bear the name OFP2 to this present day??? No! So stop living into your fantasy world were BIS carried on with OFP...
>>
>>33192191
Not that guy, but why so obtuse?
Also, stop overusing ellipsis, this isn't deviantart.
>>
>>33192167
Except that's not what happened, retard. BIS was the developer, Codemasters was the publisher. Part of the deal when Codemasters distributed OFP1 was that they got the rights to the name, and would make money off any sequels.

For whatever reason, BIS split from Codemasters for their next release, and had to give up the rights to the name 'OFP' which they idiotically signed away. So they had the game OFP2, they just couldn't call it that.

Meanwhile, Codemasters tapts an eniterly different dev team and developts their own OFP2, which they rightly can call 'OFP2' because they own the rights to the name
>>
>>33192201
>Naaaaaah I don't want to be wrooong!!! Naaahah!!! *cries like a bitch*
>>
>>33192191
Jesus christ you're an idiot, ARMA 1 is literally a continuation of OFP, my god you're dumb
>>
>>33192215
Reason why ArmA is legally called OFP2...
>>
>>33188584
I did shit like that when I was training for the police, it was great for running drills on when to use deadly force.
and one of my local range's has one now, haven't used it because they market it as a zombie thing you can rent out for a kid's birthday party, but apparently the CCW course uses it
>>
>>33192214
Its good that you clarified your position, though its kind of weird to quote yourself.
Again, stop with the overuse of punctuation marks, is this what you use to "win" an argument on neogaf?
>>
>>33192226
Did you have a stroke? It CANT legally be called OFP2, even though it literally is the next version of OFP1
>>
>>33192191
But its the same game in the same setting, I think it even has some recurring characters and companies. The only difference is the games title, which is entirely for legal reasons.
>>
>>33192239
Nope, just highlighted your stupid point in calling ArmA OFP2. Where OFP2 is an actual released game. So yeah... maybe you clearly wanted ArmA to be OFP2... but it's not the case, stop trying to sail a boat that has long sunken...
I live in the present, not like you, who apparently live in an hypothetic past...
>>
>>33192241
Of course it cannot. So stop going full retard. ArmA is now ArmA and OFP2 is OFP2 for fuck sake.
>>
>>33192257
You're literally retarded, and have absolutely no understanding of legal contracts between devs and publishers, and clearly have no idea what anyone is talking about here
>>
>>33192268
Are you denying Arma is the true sequel to OFP1?
>>
>>33192276
>Still shifting the subject to divert the attention from his down syndrom...
>>
>>33189697
VBS3 is based on a very heavily modified OFP engine (still) but it also includes some custom abilities to deform terrain and mold it on the fly and various inter-connectivity with actual military hardware among other things.

Most of the differences are probably on a by-customer basis, not anything radically different from the VR engine still in use.
>>
>>33192285
It is a spiritual sequel, but not legally.
>>
>>33192257
>Nope, just highlighted your stupid point in calling ArmA OFP2.
Not that guy, but anon was p clear about it being the spiritual successor (in spite of it being on the same engine and in some cases reusing assets), but being a kid you are unable to follow nuance.
>...
>...
>...
>...
Do you think these are cool? Do they impress your friends on furaffinity?
>I live in the present, not like you, who apparently live in an hypothetic past...
Jesus, what a melodramatic faggot
>>
>>33192300
>ArmA is stricto sensu OFP2
Yeah that is obvious that he was refering the spiritual side... So obvious that we are arguing on his fails to deliver a proper statement...
So obvious that we no longer are talking about the different engine versions related to the different games/sims...
It is just another case of an inbred that is not able to understand that words have meanings and failed to have a constructive dialog...
>>
>>33192293
>spiritual

Spiritual is when 10+years down the line an entirely different game company makes a 'spiritual sequel' to a game that no one in the company had anything to do with.

Arma1 is LITERALLY the sequel to OFP1 made by all the same guys, the PUBLISHER bought the rights to the name and wouldn't allow BIS to call it OFP2.

But clearly you suffer from some sort of tramautic brain trauma to admit this
>>
File: Rainbow Six 3.jpg (159KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Rainbow Six 3.jpg
159KB, 1280x720px
>>33188685
>Rainbow Six
First up to end of 3's Expac was the pinnacle of squad based tactical video games. Lockdown was trash, Vegas 1&2 were fun but Arcade-y.

>Ghost Recon
They're all pretty good. Early GR and R6 were nearly identical gameplay wise with enough differences to make them unique. GR:AW 1&2 were very fun but, as with R6V, it becomes more arcade-y. After GR:AW it just becomes crap with a couple gems like Phantoms, and Future Soldier.

>Splinter Cell
Splinter Cell, Pandora Tomorrow, and Chaos Theory is the quintessential Clancy Trilogy. Little did we know back then that Michael Ironside would bring to life the only video game spy to rival Solid Snake and Big Boss. Then Double Agent and Conviction came out. I didn't like DA (I actually had more fun with the Wii version than others). And I felt Conviction played too much like Assassin's Creed with guns, stealth seemed to take a backseat to run and gun nature of the Mark and Execute Mechanic. Blacklist is much better than DA and Conviction, but there's no more Ironside. So it's actually the worst one in the series for that 1 arbitrary reason. Seriously though, Blacklist made stealth and tactical decision making the focus again, which was nice. Just wish they would've gotten rid of Mark & Execute.

Cont.
>>
>>33192327
Stop stating things that I already know...
That retard should have put :
>Arma = Operation Flashpoint, it's literally THE SPIRITUAL OFP2. VBS1= OFP, VBS2 = ARMA 1, and so on.

Again his fuck ups are the root of this non-argument...
>>
>>33188685
>>33192351
>H.A.W.X.
Never played it, even though the GPU's I bought for my LAN center came with free copies. We just used the discs as decoration in our display case. That was fun, 10/10, would recommend.

>Endwar
Kinda fun if you don't use the shitty voice controls. Then you beat the first 3 missions and realize the whole game is like this.

>The Division
Totally not Tactical Borderlands. I've tried to love this game, but it's just so much unlike other Clancyverse games. The premise is great, the setting is amazing, Black Friday Flu is a cool/terrifying crisis, and it runs smooth as butter on my rig. But I just can't take the game seriously or enjoy it as a Clancy game when I see myself dump 3 mags from my G3 into an enemy's face as colorful numbers dance above his head and he casually strolls through my hail of gunfire to gingerly place the end of his shotgun to my temple and pulls the trigger. Then I just revive myself with my portable healing unit because fuck consequences.
>>
>>33192365
Literally no one this thread has disputed that except for
>>33192293
>>33192268
>>33192226

Arma = OFP2

If you don't like that, then you should kill yourself
>>
>>33192426
>Arma = OFP2
Arma == actual released game developped by BIS
OFP2 == actual released game developped by CodeMaster

Arma =/= OFP2

So yeah, you're brain is full of shit.
>>
>>33192476
Hahaha

He still doesn't want to admit it

HAHAHAGAHA
>>
Rainbow Six: Siege isn't even SLIGHTLY realistic, basically CoD tier. But I've never played a game that was better for breaching and clearing multiplayer. Planning out and executing a multipoint breach into a room and headshooting flashbanged retards with your friends is fun as fuck, highly recommend it if lack of hyper realism doesnt trigger you like certain autists on /k/.

Arma 3 is only as good as the game mode/mod you are playing. Can be fun as fuck if you have a group to do all sorts of combined arms shittery with, but if you don't 90% of public servers are fucking altis life bullshit and not even remotely /k/
>>
>>33192487
I know that ArmA should have been OFP2, IF bis didn't fucked that up...

But they did... And now we have ArmA...

So yeah, keep sucking dicks.
>>
Not ArmA itself but Bohemian Interactive does make mil simulation games used by the military for training purposes

It's fucking retarded and serves no purpose except for visual "what if" scenarios
>>
It's a shame the mil sims are per customer and are so expensive.
The radio broadcasting system looks fun as fuck to mess around with,
>>
>>33192522
There is still the "Personnal Edition" solution. It is less expensive than the Professionnal version, but still expensive depending on the modules you want...
>>
>>33192490
>I know like, ... uh, this was should have been that... but. Uh.... um

Arma is literally OFP you fucking idiot
>>
>>33192539
>Arma is literally OFP you fucking idiot
Yes, which is the reason why it is called ArmA...

Should have, would have, didn't.
>>
>in basic
>time to play video games before you get to shoot your gun
>we just run a scenario where we a put in groups of 4 and do a humvee convoy through desert brown people land
>actually making decent progress while taking (not that it matters since we're in a fucking valley getting shot at from every direction so we're just blindly shooting into the hills)
>airstrikes out of nowhere blowing up entire convoy
>look over at the teacher's screen who's running this whole shitshow
>just rapidly clicking a map and setting off explosions
>we get lectured about what a shitty job we did.
Thanks Uncle Sam. Totally worth millions of dollars
>>
File: EarthBound_Box.jpg (112KB, 400x293px) Image search: [Google]
EarthBound_Box.jpg
112KB, 400x293px
>not playing the /k/est game
>>
File: IMG_8900.png (250KB, 400x293px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8900.png
250KB, 400x293px
>>33192552
This is the only simulation I need
>>
>>33192546
>I literally don't undestand facts
>timelines
>history
>contracts
>anything that involves legalities
>I'm just a dunce
>>
File: you're retarded.jpg (34KB, 319x171px) Image search: [Google]
you're retarded.jpg
34KB, 319x171px
>>33192546
This is why one game has its proper title, and why the other doesn't you fucking mongoloid
>>
>>33188487
The thing used for training is made by the same company on the same engine but it's not ArmA.
>>
>>33192584
Except that it is

but thanks for playing
>>
>>33192560
>>33192574
>still doesn't get it...
Operation FlashPoint is a trademark owned by CodeMasters...
Saying that ArmA = OFP2 is a total non sens...
Of course it is the same developpers but the publishers and trademarks are totally different.
So yeah enjoy your OFP4 then...
>>
*stumbles into thread*
"Shit, its a bunch of weebs arguing"
*slowly backs out of thread*
>>
>>33192351
blacklist really pissed me off the "loud" combat controls were so awful
>>
>>33188487
ARMA. Great balistic system but shitty tank physics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cix07R1vlhI
BTW ARMA is only fun if you have friends.
>>
>>33192600
>hurr durr, I'm still stuck in the 2ng grade, mum, think I'll be here a while
>>
File: 1475907794415.png (39KB, 843x546px) Image search: [Google]
1475907794415.png
39KB, 843x546px
>>33188487

Rainbow Six Siege is SWAT 4 for plebs and ARMA stands for Autism Required in Moderate Amounts.
>>
>>33188614
How do I play with you fags? Former US infantry here.
>>
File: v8tlJpk.jpg (126KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
v8tlJpk.jpg
126KB, 1024x768px
>>33192175

I know, right? I can actually do precise landings without destroying parts of my aircraft or injuring my passengers. It's great. And things just feel more open
>>
>>33192375

Essentially why I quit playing the Division. Thankfully some dumb fuck got it for me for free, so I don't have any guilt over owning it.
>>
>>33188487
how well do you think a game would sell if the player died after being shot just once?

protip:it wouldn't
>>
ive been interested in the arma series since 2011. the community is fucking cancer.

40% 16 year old king of the hill / wasteland / cowadoody gamemode players
40% 10 year old altis / island life / cop simulation second life players
10% shitty shack tactical clone communities
5% hugely autistic milsim communities full of either prebubescents or sexually frustrated manchildren
the last 5% is either dead or really obscure ~10 man communities of people that know each other and play spergy specop missions or some other dumb shit

there are only like 2 communities worth playing at in the entire community. if you want realistic simulation , most of the people playing it know jackshit about the military/ military tactics, or dont know how to make missions with over 20 server fps, or host on toasters.

>>33192622
*teleports behind u*
*blocks ur path*
heh.....what now kid?
>>
>>33193031
Um...probably close my laptop...
>>
File: 1464003568691.jpg (31KB, 720x954px) Image search: [Google]
1464003568691.jpg
31KB, 720x954px
>>33188487
i've played both games to death

>Arma 3
very good game, if you get used to the walking
also engine is garbage and so is optimization

>Siege
Hot.Garbage

I could spend 40 hours listing the technical issues/bugs i have witnessed
plus the horrible netcode/hitreg/lag compensation issues existed since day 1 and they didn't even both to pay attention to it.

Also, it ain't no rainbow six game," slow-paced tactical overwatch with spawnkilling simulator" is more like it

Imo it could've been ALOT better with recruit + vegas 2 customization instead of crappy characters with TF2 headgear/cosmetics
>>
any yugoslav war mods for Arma 3 with a community???
>>
>>33188487
Virtual Battle Space, a relative of Arma, is used be some militaries.
Arma as consumers know it is not.
Arma 3 is also a fucking great time with a few mods. About as /k/ as it gets.
>>
>>33192557
this thing trully deserves somekind of revival
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi1ZCtxYLPw
Really liked the theme of the game, not to be seems ever again.
>>
File: abFA2hO.jpg (907KB, 2304x1296px) Image search: [Google]
abFA2hO.jpg
907KB, 2304x1296px
What does k/k thinks about Project reality? (and by that, squad and its ww2 brother, Post scriptum)
>>
I like squad because it gives me the multiplayer and gameplay I'd want from Arma with out needing any dumb mods or planning ahead of time. Just join a server, join a squad, and have fun.

Squad is being updated constantly and the next two major patches will change the the game drastically.
Adding a fuckload of new vehicles in the next patch, as well as a fob system update which was long needed. No more plopping just a radio down and waiting 5 minutes. Now you put the radio down and that allows you to actually build the real FOB which is an actual structure. No more hiding a spawn point in a damn bush.

The one after that is a full animation rehaul that looks fucking amazing, as well as adding Arma-esque free look which I can't wait for.
>>
>>33188642
Don't buy if you have an AMD setup. It just hates AMDs for some reason. Might be an intel dicksucking if i were to guess.
>>
>>33193639
fuck squads dev team for cucking everyone into "we're totally gonna be a mod centered game guys now pay for this mod that we're gonna release"
>>
File: 1487994563322.jpg (117KB, 1280x612px) Image search: [Google]
1487994563322.jpg
117KB, 1280x612px
>>33194987
Damm I learned about It to.. can you imagene If bf3 had mods we'd probably BR playing high endereço realisticamente mods today.. should I tive the middle finger and endereço up Just buying arma 3? I mean, they appear to have It all:Fun mods, realisticamente mods, zombie mods,ww2 mods.
>>
>>33195325
Arma 3 is THE milsim to have.
>>
>>33188487
I think they belong on /v/.
>>
File: 20170217151817_1.jpg (660KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170217151817_1.jpg
660KB, 1920x1080px
>tfw ARMA 3 Stalker mod soon™
>>
>>33193031
Arma community went full cancer after DayZ brought in kids
>>
>>33193639
>>33194391
I just wonder if they'll actually implement some asymmetrical balance to the factions instead of making them carbon copies of each other. It peeves me that they're gonna limit optics because muh fud AKs vs tacticooled M4s instead of actually trying to work ways to balance each other out.
>>
>>33192175
If you're flying Helos. If it's lanes just give up, senpai, all fighter jets fly at 100m at all times.
>>
>>33188584
I fucking hate the Est 2000
>>
what do you guys think of the upcoming Escape From Tarkov?
>>
>>33192600
>when you go full retard
>>
>>33192090
looks like a fun lan party
>>
>>33196487

I think I'd rather have just had a new STALKER with squads, suppression, and mutants that cannot take an entire magazine of 7.62x51/54R and survive.

Instead they gave us Destiny: Slavic Poverty Edition.
>>
>>33195392
My god... If anything comes of this it could be amazing.
>>
File: image.jpg (132KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132KB, 720x720px
>>33188514
Sounds fun
>>
arma would be fun if it didn't handle like mechwarrior
>>
>>33196681
The joke ARMA - Autism Required in Moderate Amounts is kind of true, it takes a while untill you can play and have the game feel fluid.

One thing you could try is Bohemia has another game "Project Argo" that's currently in a free alpha stage, it's essentially Arma III in an arcade shooter form, it's a ton of short/mid range combat over objectives, I've found it's made me way more comfortable with fighting in regular Arma as a side effect.
>>
Anyone know any good STALKER type missions for A3?
>>
>>33196889
There's an entire Stalker mod being developed for Arma III currently, it's currently still in Russian, but hey, that could only add to the experience.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/185777-armstalker-online-%C3%A2%E2%82%AC%E2%80%9C-in-development/
>>
>>33192375
>the division
completely agree, horrible tactical game, but the dark zone is some of the best pvp I've played. I'm tempted to put it above Dayz
>>
>>33188600
2 Imo
>>
File: 1442790105231.jpg (82KB, 678x720px) Image search: [Google]
1442790105231.jpg
82KB, 678x720px
We played some DoD version of ARMA II, forgot the name of it. More equipment, less gamey, controls were somewhat changed and the game was chuging to death on the laptops we were using.

It was to dick around with though, especially prior experience playing ARMA, was a god send to my 'team' because I knew how to fly the helicopters.

Also cool when we did a combined operation against AI with the system admins/moderators jumping in to play too. It was a lot like A3's zeus before that was a thing.

>mwf they just disable my apache because I had set up an overwatch and was annihilating all of their guys on defense.
>>
>>33188600
3 with mods, just the better infantry movement puts it above arma 2.
>>
>>33196604

Hell yea boi. There's something like this kinda already out there, but it's not new. Call of Chernobyl has squad mechanics and shit
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.