[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mauser Price Check

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: mitch pls.jpg (45KB, 600x107px) Image search: [Google]
mitch pls.jpg
45KB, 600x107px
A friend of a friend has offered to sell me a bnz-42 (Steyr-made) Mauser 98k. He hasn't made a price offer yet and I'm unfamiliar with German guns, so I was wondering what kind of price would be fair.

The wood is good, the parts may or may not have been refinished, and are in good shape, comes with a sling, and the rifling is decent, with a bit of a grimy bore.
>>
>>33187446
Price depends on if numbers match
>>
We really need pictures for shit like this. Do the serial numbers all match? If not, which parts don't match? Was it captured by Russia (marked with an "X" on the receiver ring) It could be worth $400-1400 depending.
>>
>>33187678
I'm not sure, I didn't check when I was inspecting the rifle, I'll send him a text and hopefully get something back soon.

Say, what would be the price if it was all matching vs. some parts non-matching?
>>
File: 1466271343183.gif (1MB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
1466271343183.gif
1MB, 356x200px
>>33187446
>TFW you'll never own a german ww2 mauser
>>
>>33187789
Definitely not a Russian capture.
>>
>>33187446
If it looks like pic related don't buy it unless it is cheap
>>
$800-$1200

$600 MAX if russian/yugo capture
>>
>>33189788
It's not a Mitchell's, I'm not that ignorant.

If it was it'd probably have TOTALLY LEGIT SS markings that were made specifically to inspire fear in Jews.
>>
>>33187446

>I'm unfamiliar with German guns

Yeah, better look into the prices and availability of 8mm Mauser ammo before you plunk down any cash for a rifle.
>>
So, why don't we like Mitchell 's mausers?
>>
>>33193190
Because they're forgeries. They take Russian-captured Kar.98k and remove the evidence of Russian capture, re-stamp numbers to match and sometimes add SS markings for that extra-rare feel, and then shine the whole thing up and claim the rifle is WW2-correct.
>>
>>33193190
Because he flat-out lies about his products. They're all force-matched frankenguns that they've rebuilt, but he claims they're all original and charges collector prices.
>>
>>33193208
>tfw my m48 doesnt have matching serials
A-at least i know they're not fake
>>
File: Don_Mitchells_pile_of_bullshit.jpg (74KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Don_Mitchells_pile_of_bullshit.jpg
74KB, 1024x576px
>>33193231
>A-at least i know they're not fake
Unless it was imported by Mitchell's I don't think you have much to worry about. AFAIK the didn't start pimp-shining M48s until recently; before they just made up some marketing BS.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.