[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much of a concern is lead on your clothes, shoes, body, etc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

File: lead.jpg (11KB, 270x187px) Image search: [Google]
lead.jpg
11KB, 270x187px
How much of a concern is lead on your clothes, shoes, body, etc after a trip to the range?
>>
>>33183773
I'd imagine it would take pretty chronic and intense exposure for it to be a concern. Like if you were an employee at a high volume indoor range with sub par filtration. Doesn't hurt to wash your hands though
>>
>>33183773
Pretty much 0 concern.
As an adult, it's pretty harmless in normal amounts.
When I shoot pellet guns or bare lead bullet 22lr, I definitely wash my hands off since it turns them black.
>>
>not taking a shower at the range

Haha, scared of penis inspection day are we?
>>
>>33183957

>>innashower
>"GEAR CHECK!"
>>
>>33183773
Very minimal, I might wash my hands to knock some of the smell off. But after 21 years in the army, I'm sure they shot medicine into me that is much worse.

Also, why worry about late life illness that it might raise the chances of getting by a slim amount?
>>
>>33183957
>second time shooting at my local club range
>they make all the new members clean up the range after hours
>hour into cleaning the bell rings
>SHOWER TIME, JUNIOR MEMBERS FIRST
>Yet another penis inspection before showering
>Senior members ripping off all of our morale patches as we shower and pockets them
>Chiefs eating crab legs the entire time

Fuck this club I'm out
>>
Far, far, far less than the trace amounts of lead already present on your belongings, your house paint, your food-- plus all the radio and phone and shit waves bombarding your brain like page 3 of a marvel comic.... All the toxins in the air from your moms old car that she has to give you rides in because neither of you can afford a new car after your third step dad walked out on you

Being afraid of lead exposure at the range is like being afraid of getting sucked up by a tornado while you walk barefoot through a desert with no water or compass
>>
you're supposed to shoot the boolits, not eat them
>>
>>33183773
Wash your hands before you eat or smoke. The only real way lead gets into your system is through ingestion. You can get it through inhalation, but only through seriously long term and consistent exposure.

-t: A guy who used to work at an indoor range who had to clean the traps.
>>
>>33183773
I wash my hands promptly. I change clothes and shower when I get home but I'd do that anyway.

Main thing is avoid ingestion. That's why when I do much more dangerous activities like soldering (fuck ROHS, I use tin/lead for most work) and welding I ensure more than adequate ventilation.

My redneckbros evenmoreredneck wife got lead poisoning because her idiot white trash daddy used to cast lead bullets indoors. She found out later in life and had to get chelation therapy, but you can't undo any accumulated lead damage.

Lead, like galvanized coating, is no joke and merely because you may have been exposed to other HazMat is no reason to be silly.

I'm already late in life (AF retired) but don't need to encourage cognitive decline!
>>
>>33184064
>your moms old car that she has to give you rides in because neither of you can afford a new car after your third step dad walked out on you
Heavy projection going on here
>>
>>33184107
>galvanized coating
????

You mean zinc, you fucking moron? It has low toxicity, it's in your multivitamin dipshit.
>>
>>33184064
>plus all the radio and phone and shit waves bombarding your brain like page 3 of a marvel comic
>non-ionizing EM is dangerous
Wow better stay out of the universe, shithead.
>>
I have dedicated clothing, shoes, hat that I wear to the range and change after a session. A big tub in the back of the car to hold range bags gear, and dirty clothes. A bladder of water to hang on the car to wash up with. Also put sheets on the car seats though not really necessary. Nylon gun cases for toting from car to bench, pelicans for the car ride.

All this stuff stays in the garage when done. Only the guns come inside after a wipedown.

Might be a little crazy, but lead can build up in a house on furniture and carpet and I have multiple young children and a breastfeeding wife.
>>
>>33184322
I bet you're the same kind of person who doubles up on ear protection.
>>
>>33183773
>shoot TMJ
>don't give a single fuck
>>
>>33183773
I'd be more worried about inhaling the vapors from the lead since it's been proven to cause some brain damage, but a cheap respirator should be fine.
>>
>>33184174
Go heat up a galvanized pipe and get back to me.
Make sure you're in an area with inadequate ventilation
>>
>>33184911
This
>>33184174
You're an idiot
>>
File: 2538207.png (64KB, 232x200px) Image search: [Google]
2538207.png
64KB, 232x200px
>>33184041
>chiefs eating crab legs the entire time
>>
>>33184322
>breastfeeding wife
Did you get in on that buddy
>>
>>33184911
>>33185494
What are you morons trying to say? Do you think you're going to boil off zinc if you heat up a piece of galvanized metal?
>>
>>33184075
>wash hands before you smoke so lead doesn't get in
>>
>>33185660
What if he wants to get only a little cancer?
>>
File: count rugen.jpg (10KB, 269x187px) Image search: [Google]
count rugen.jpg
10KB, 269x187px
>>33185660
>>33185766
>>
>>33183821

What about if you were a lead farmer, motherfucker?
>>
File: 200_s.gif (49KB, 303x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
49KB, 303x200px
>>33186905
You forgot this
>>
>>33184436
Hey I just figured out why my Howard Leights volume goes up too high.

Double up!
>>
ignorent fag here. how get lead exposure from jacketed bullits?
>>
>>33187058
Jacketed does not equal hermetically sealed
>>
>>33187058
lands on rifling cutting into the jacket....
>>
>>33187058
also exposed lead base
>>
>>33187058
Primers.
>>
>>33187206
>Primers

Used to do construction and shoot Hilti guns all day. Hundreds of rounds fired everyday. Pockets filled with spent rounds, filthy Hilti gun in the toolbags. Came home everyday and never once thought about lead. My apartment was probably full of it.
>>
I guess I just don't care... If it's convenient I'll wash my hands before I eat or something.

>Find what you love, then let it kill you.
>>
>also exposed lead base

I never considered that.

Does gunpowder burn hot enough to vaporize lead while pushing bullet down the barrel?
>>
>>33184322
>>33184322
So your wife sucks another woman's tits?
>>
>>33184870
If you're on 4chan you already have dain bramage.
>>
>>33187471
Yes, and it produces quite a bit of lead vapor as a result. Use bullets with covered bases to reduce that.
>>
>>33185563
U trolling or just that dumb?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_fume_fever
>>
>>33189950
Are YOU that dumb? Welding is a quite a bit different from 'heating', wouldn't you say?

This is also not specific to zinc. Get over yourselves, you're a couple of retards who fell for some old wives' tale.
>>
>>33190257
Putting galvanized steel into a campfire is enough to create toxic fumes.
>>
File: image.jpg (127KB, 1067x653px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127KB, 1067x653px
I love the small of napalm in the morning
>>
>>33186905
i tried to be a lead farmer but it didnt work. not sure if i was planting it too deep or too early in the season.
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 480x480px
Lead....or Follow
>>
File: 1385118074684.jpg (26KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1385118074684.jpg
26KB, 499x499px
Could lead exposure be the cause of gun nuts going on shooting rampages?
>>
>>33185660
you're not gunna prevents people from smoking cigs, but you can prevent them from smoking lead cigs
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.