[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I just want this because of the Army contract or is it as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1480969224979.jpg (121KB, 1000x775px) Image search: [Google]
1480969224979.jpg
121KB, 1000x775px
Do I just want this because of the Army contract or is it as cool as it seems? or is it just a meme?

I need something carryable and I can only have one pistol right now.
>>
>>33183124
It's the memes.
The gun is fine but it's just like any other polymer 9.
>>
>>33183124
The PPQ is better, but kinda weird looking.
>>
>>33183124
>Do I just want this because of the Army contract or is it as cool as it seems? or is it just a meme?

Yes you are a poser LARPer just like 90% of gun owners in murrica
>>
Fuck that plastic mall ninja garbage. What you need is a real man's gun, like a 1911.
>>
>>33183217
Yeah, I think I'll just get a used glawk and save my Ameros.
>>
>>33183124
It's not as cool as it seems.

-Point: Full length rail and tall slide gives the gun a cool looking profile
-Counterpoint: All the height and weight above your hand gives the gun terrible balance and exaggerates the recoil/flip.

-Point: The grip is "fully customizable"
-Counterpoint: You can change the handle size, but each grip module costs like $40-50, so it's kind of a gimmick at the price point offered. The grip texture is also like sandpaper and sucks for concealed-carry.

-Point: You can fully convert your chassis to any size or caliber combination you like.
-Counterpoint: Caliber X-change kits cost like $400 from Sig and can be hard to find. (When these guns came out, the basic price for the FULL GUN was about $450.)

-Point: It's "dead nuts reliable."
-Counterpoint: It's an Exeter Sig. There were plenty of reports of guns that jammed an abnormal amount. Even if you think the reliability is perfect now, the Exeter ownership will find a way to fuck it up worse just in time for you to jump on the bandwagon.

-Point: The trigger is the best of any striker-fired pistol on the market.
-Counter-point: The fact that it doesn't have a trigger dingus is nice, but the trigger itself isn't really the best on the market. There are two consecutive clicks in the otherwise clean-ish break, which is a negative, and it's kind of a heavy break, which is another negative. Personally, I think the PPQ has a nicer break and reset, but if you take some time to round out the center of the trigger dingus on a Glock with a Dremel or small file, the Gen 4 Glock trigger can be pretty good.
>>
>>33183124

I love the look of it, 5" barrels look great on a pistol

But I still got a Glock 17 instead
>>
I have one it's fantastic. Only downside is I had it before the contract was awarded and now I have to be a hipster and let everyone know I had it before it was cool. I've never had any issue with mine. No failures of any kind. Medium grips fit me great and I don't find they are too aggressive or sandpaperee like the earlier anon said. Feel one and decide for yourself.
>>
>>33184422
What, I added the Talon sand paper grips to mine because stock wasn't sand paper enough.

The Caliber exchange kits are cheaper than others.

Install Apex trigger.

Haven't had any malfunctions

Recoil is no different than a glock
>>
>>33184422
Guy I own a Glock 19 with spring kit, 3.5 lb connector, and rounded plunger safety and it is nowhere near as crisp as the factory Sig trigger. Sure it's smooth, but it still doesn't break like the 320 trigger I felt. I'm a raging Glockfag, and while I have only finger fucked the 320 it feels, looks, and operates much better than a Glock. Granted it is lacking the aftermarket
>>
>>33184655
>I'm a raging Glockfag

t. every Sig/HK shill ever. get fugged boi!
>>
>>33184686
I mean yah I love Glock/Sig/HK alike, but I carry a Glock 19 everyday. I've never owned a Sig and I sold my USP 2 years ago. Just my observation on the 320
>>
>>33184650
>What, I added the Talon sand paper grips to mine because stock wasn't sand paper enough.
For concealed-carry, though? There are other guns that feel better against the skin and grip your hands just as well.
>The Caliber exchange kits are cheaper than others.
I'm not really sure what this means.
>Install Apex trigger.
You can do that to many guns and kind of negate any argument about a trigger being substandard. The assumption is that most consumers aren't going to buy a kind of expensive trigger kit and gunsmith their gun right away.
>Haven't had any malfunctions
Good. There should be zero.
>Recoil is no different than a glock
I definitely disagree with this. Even the full size P320 recoils differently from a Glock 19. The P320 is more of a snap and flip up. The G19 is more of a smooth slide backward. It's one thing to say that you prefer the P320 and I'd understand that, but they are not the same. Balance is important to me, though. Recoil aside, the P320 failed my test because of its balance issues.

>>33184655
The Glock trigger doesn't break like the P320 trigger breaks, that's true. I never said it did. I just said that with a little work, a Gen 4 Glock trigger can be better than most people give Glock triggers credit for being, and it can be very workable.
>>
The same reasons everyone has said "just buy a Glock" for the past 15+ years will soon apply to the P320 as well, only with better ergos, optional thumb safety and the whole modularity thing.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.