[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lend me your beautiful autism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

File: 250px-maxim_wczesny1.jpg (11KB, 250x185px) Image search: [Google]
250px-maxim_wczesny1.jpg
11KB, 250x185px
Class project in British Literature(18) about the victorian era. Now I usually give no fucks about these projects except the teacher happened to give me the topic of victorian era weaponry. I believe that I should focus on odd weapons for the time (like the palm pistol). I would love it if you gave me some solid resources for research or just anything you would know. I know I should read up but it would be nice to really get into it and for this I would love a good ol helping of /k/ autists
>>
Forms of combat are also good like pugilism
>>
File: 800px-ZuluWebley2.jpg (120KB, 800x341px) Image search: [Google]
800px-ZuluWebley2.jpg
120KB, 800x341px
>>33183095
>>
>>33183095
>do my homework for me! xD
fuck off forever.
>>
>>33183244
I'm just asking for good sources to read though. Any books? I know some people had fighting manuals and such
>>
>>33183255
Not being a smart ass but Google is your friend. Maybe even your local library. I see books on old weaponry pop up in used\new book stores all the time.
>>
>>33183316
I found some cool shit on google so far I just know that y'all sometimes have some niche knowledge. Definitely will visit the library
>>
>>33183328
I have a decent working knowledge of general firearm advancement around the time I'm here to ask about the weirder ideas that popped up
>>
>>33183095
Victorian era british weaponry or victorian era weaponry in general?
I'm mistly knowledgeable about mainland european navies weaponry during that time period.

Also what's the order like?
>>
>>33183095
>>
>>33184754
>>
File: Arisaka anti-aircraft sights.jpg (88KB, 890x711px) Image search: [Google]
Arisaka anti-aircraft sights.jpg
88KB, 890x711px
>>33183095
Nippon's were expected to shoot down enemy aircraft with Arisaka's. That's pretty neat.
>>
>>33185806
Those are just specialty sights for that.
Everybody had that expectation.
/r/ing the pic of Russians all gathered together trying to shoot at a biplane.
>>
>>33184723
I'll start with technicalites and advancements to get the project part done then .move into the standard examples (maxim gun and lee einfield and the like) afterwards pull some cool weird shit hopefully. I have the first 2 solidly prepared in terms of research (or at least solid enough for a class who probably won't care)
>>
>>33184723
Also yeah it seems to be a focus on British weaponry although if I can tie it in to a war they got involved in then it's solid
>>
>>
File: Joinville 2.jpg (297KB, 1600x1016px) Image search: [Google]
Joinville 2.jpg
297KB, 1600x1016px
Victorian fencing manuals

http://www.fioredeiliberi.org/topics/sources/1845-infantry-sword-exercise.pdf

http://burtoniana.org/books/1876-A%20New%20System%20of%20Sword%20Exercise%20for%20Infantry/index.html
>>
>>33187985
Thanks anon
>>
>>33183095
>unusual guns
you could write about the rifle that conquered the world, but no, you want to write about a god damn palm pistol.
>>
>>33189898
That's in there too anon but the class won't stay awake long enough if I don't feed them some filler. I could get the grade regardless. I'd just rather poke someone's interest. So we talk about palm pistols and sword canes and slip in the story of einfield.
>>
>>33189898
That and my teacher is a bit too liberal and would be a major bitch if I wrote about Britain's military history in a positive light.(why she gave me the topic idk but as it is I think she wanted something more basic than I already have in mind so fuck her)
>>
>>33183095
Lancaster pistols are pretty cool. I think forgotten weapons has some vids of them.
>>
>>33190106
Ian has like fuckin everything
>>
File: cape%20to%20cairo[1].jpg (714KB, 940x1457px) Image search: [Google]
cape%20to%20cairo[1].jpg
714KB, 940x1457px
>>33190065
Why don't you just make the story of the enfield as interesting as possible?

Or just chronologically trace the path from Martini-Henry to the Lee Enfield talking about imperialist adventures? There's lots of details to keep it interesting if you focus on the social context as opposed to purely sperging out about the technical shit.
>>
>>33191319
Because part of the project is about variety.if this was a history class I'm sure I could do that but it's not and as it is she already has a strong bias against British colonialism (but she loves the literary achievements). Truly I am ashamed of our current state lf affairs in education
>>
>>33187985
>Being a saberist
>ever
It's almost like they wanted to look bad
>tfw epee masterrace
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.