[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could a PTRD-41 kill a BMP and Bradley?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 300px-Ptrd-1941.jpg (23KB, 300x216px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Ptrd-1941.jpg
23KB, 300x216px
Could a PTRD-41 kill a BMP and Bradley?
>>
>>33182851
It penetrates abrams, what do you expect
>>
>>33182851
Yes, they "killed" BMPs in Ukraine.
>>
>>33182863
The fuck it does.

>>33182851
Probable but unlikely
>>
What kind od bullet does a PTRD shoot? Obviously its the 14.5mm but the bullet itself?

Wondering if a tiny copper shaped charge could make anti tank rifles great again
>>
>>33182851
Eastern Ukrainian rebels were spotted using them to take out Ukrainian tanks with some success.
>>
>>33182851
Bradley? No.

BMP? Probably. Depends on what kind of BMP. For Example, before Trump allowed to supply the Kurds in Syria with modern light armored vehicles, SDF/YPG got theirs either after battles from ISIL, or they got some very old ones from Al-Assad. I've seen videos of them and read stories from western volunteers who fought with them, some of them are so rusty that even 7.62 can penetrate them sometimes. I'm pretty sure a PTRD-41 could "kill" a lot of BMPs in use right now in the ME.
>>
>>33182851
Those things have to kick like a mule.
>>
>>33183097
There were at least some rounds made of tungsten
>>
>>33182851
Yes. The hull is made of tin foil, and vulnerable to hot 30-06 loads. This is because tanks that float are better than bullet proof ones.
>>
>>33182987
>The fuck it does.
source?
>>
>>33183236
You really need a source that at 14.5mm bullet won't pierce DU armor?

You're a special kind of stupid.
>>
File: 1414265386322.jpg (166KB, 1024x698px) Image search: [Google]
1414265386322.jpg
166KB, 1024x698px
>>33182851
Front on both models? No

Side? Depends on if it has been upgrade with extra side armor. Upgrade Bradleys and BMP's are pretty much immune to 14.5 to the side if upgraded.

Rear? Both get penetrated.

To actually kill the thing then you need to put in some few rounds that penetrate the thing and hit something important.

>>33183097
Either steel core or tungsten core. Then there are the API versions of those two, HE, HEI, tracer rounds and even some chinese APDS tungsten core rounds.
>>
>>33183169
Idk anon, dont those things weigh like 70 pounds?
>>
>>33183097
you couldn't make a proper shaped charge that small
the closest thing to what you're talking about is a Raufoss HEIAP, which is still only good enough for light vehicles
>>
>>33183522
>Raufoss HEIAP,
Neat

Im going to do more digging. If a bunch of sand fleas can nigger rig stuff that can shrek an uparmored truck, I'm sure a pinpoint blast with first world products can contend.

I found pix related using some sort of HMX explosive with a copper plate
>>
>>33182851
I'm pretty sure they're both protected against 14.5 AP frontally at a minimum
>>
>>33183607
good luck getting any Raufoss
expect to literally pay hundreds for a single round
that shit is locked down tight

if you want something cheaper that'll still cause issues for light armored vehicles, you can get API .50 BMG for only a couple bucks a round
>>
>>33183120
Tanks? No. BMP's and BTR's? yes. There are even reports of 7.62 AP rounds taking the drivers of BTR's.

>>33182851
>14.5mm
That can probably penetrate the side and possibly the front of a BMP. It wont scratch a Bradley. It has 360 Protection from 14.5mm and is resistant up to 30mm on the sides (possibly front but i think it's less)
>>
https://youtu.be/E0hUNfJoFuo
>>
>>33182851
>BMP-1
Sides and rear
>BMP-2
Rear
>BMP-3
Rear
>Bradley up to M2A1
Rear
>Bradley since M2A2
Fully immune; can still mission kill it by taking out optics and whatnot
>>
>>33182851
BMP definitely, Bradley maybe from point blank range.
>>
Now I am just imagining someone making 14.5mm SLAP ammo just to fuck with everyones current 14.5mm protection ratings.
>>
>>33183784
You've got that backwards on the bradley. It has 360 protection from 14.5mm and is resistant to 30mm only on the front, not the sides.
>>
>>33182863
Sorry but there's no fucking way it'd get through the DU armor on an Abrams.
>>
>>33189246
DU is designed against Tank/Launcher munition
Not against small and fast AP round
>>
>>33189337
>DU is designed against Tank/Launcher munition
>Not against small and fast AP round

lol, DU is particularly used because of APFSDS rounds, aka small diameter, fast moving, heavy inert rods. The best thing for HEAT rounds is alternating layers of steel, rubber and empty space.
>>
>>33182851
we already have a thread about this you fucking aspie. saged and reported.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.