[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CETME-L: Yay or Nay?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 903636_orig.jpg (182KB, 1066x800px) Image search: [Google]
903636_orig.jpg
182KB, 1066x800px
Is it worth it? Thinking about buying one or taking a parts kit to a gunsmith.
>>
Have you watched the series on Inrange?

It looks like a really cool project. Don't take it to a smith, the entire point is to build it yourself
>>
How hard is it to build one of these?
>>
Yay!

I loved the fuck out of my CETME-L. Sold it for $2,500 at a gun show, lol. I still regret it. In total, it cost about $700 to build back in '07. Shot great.

Make sure you use a stamped & welded steel receiver instead of the common milled aluminum.

I actually just bought a CETME-C in fantastic condition for $550 last week. It was a CAI import, but the seller showed me the bolt/headspace and it was literally perfect. Century would often grind down bolts to make them fit headspace spec (.10 - .15). Mine was not ground down at all and it was a PERFECT .13. Barrel was nice and shiny too. Couldn't pass it up!

I miss the days of them selling for $300 but $550 isn't terrible by today's standards ($700+).
>>
>>33182491

Not OP, but building those receivers are a bitch without a hydraulic press/quality welding equipment (no Harbour Freight Special here)
>>
>>33182563
i agree i hate watching videos and people are using mig welding on a gun. get someone to tig weld it if you dont know what your doing.

bought a cetme c and l kit barrels and receivers are sold out everywere
>>
>>33182512
I would also like to know.

I built an AK74 and I have a hydraulic press and drill press already
>>
>>33182734
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giZhGNgI26M

get it tig welded
>>
>>33182734
How hard was it to build your AK? Don't you need to weld the rails and shit too? What about riveting? Doesn't that take two people?
>>
>>33182555
Should I get a CETME .308 or save up for a PTR91?
>>
>>33182970
Not very hard. I bought a receiver that was already heat treated with the rails installed and for the rivets I just built a homemade rivet squeezer from harbor freight bolt cutters
>>
>>33182999
Ptr
>>
File: rsz_20170122_010640.jpg (235KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_20170122_010640.jpg
235KB, 1920x1080px
>>33182429
>>33182563
>>33182734
I built mine with some free weekends. Had some trouble fitting the stock as it was a very early version accoring to HMG and it didn't line up with the holes in the reciver and trigger pack, but I got it worked out and all is good and tight. As far as welding goes, it doesn't have to be a good welder as you can grind most of it flat afterwards, but the biggest problem is getting a hold of a welder in the first place. Pic related, my first build, so it's not perfect, but I did custom fit the magwell to accept pmags, which inrange seemed to have a problem with.
>>
OP here, thanks for the responses from everyone.
I did watch the InRange series on it, I'll have to take more time to consider it. I don't have any of those tools so a smith maybe my only path to it.
>>
>>33182999

I'm the guy you responded to.

I fucking love my CETME. But if you do buy one, make sure it was imported by MARS. If it's a CAI import, you need to make sure you check the rollers and the headspace. Also make sure your bolt wasn't ground.

If yours isn't ground and it meets the headspace range (.10-.15) than get it. It will run amazingly.
If this is too much work, just get a PTR. They're great too. A little overpriced, IMO but like an Apple product; they're simple, clean and "just work".

>>33182970

AK's are easy. Just go to a machinist shop. The only thing easier than an AK is an AR receiver.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.