[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying Molot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1183.png (24KB, 152x153px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1183.png
24KB, 152x153px
Okay /k/omrades.

What the fuck do we need in order to buy this.
I know an FFL 07 and at least $70-75 million is gonna be what's needed.
But, anything I'm missing?
And how hard would a loan of that size be to acquire?
Any other legal obstacles besides the aforementioned FFL shit and Russian FFL shit?

And yeah I know Kalashnikov concern wants it as well, but someone has to fight those fuckers from taking the last Russian made AKs from us.
>>
>>33179029
So nobody gives a fuck about the company that makes VSS Vintorezes?
Or VEPRs?
Or all kinds of other shit we love?

For shame, /k/omrades.
I fear you are not who I thought you to be.
>>
>>33179376
Its not that we don't care. Its been setback after setback and I doubt we will ever see the day. Its not that we don't care, we've given up.
>>
>>33179430
But /k/omrade.
If you give up, nothing will happen.

I'm not asking for money.
I'm asking for a direction to storm towards.
I have friends willing and knowledgeable to help me in ensuring things work.
I just need advice.
>>
>>33179029
Theoretically, if I won the lottery it would be tempting but hard to do it and not squander everything. What does it take for an American to buy a Russian business that is located in Russia?
>>
>>33179474
That's pretty much what I'm asking, and internet searches have turned up bum fuck all (or I'm a moron. That's always an option)

I figure that a corporation can get a much larger loan than a person, so I'm working towards getting one on paper.
>>
File: 1457129568930.jpg (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1457129568930.jpg
19KB, 300x300px
Fuck Russia
>>
>>33179506
Oh, also, can an FFL apply to a corporation and not just a person?
Has the FFL already made a ruling on that or will I have to ask them?
>>
>>33179506
I just dreaming here but the best thing that could possibly happen would be to buy the company and move the tooling and people here to the US and buttfuck Century into the ground. Otherwise owning something in a foreign country is risky as fuck. It can disappear overnight.
>>
>>33179456
well if were going to do this shit, you have to do it right. we cant just up and buy Molot, however we can buy the patents to their weapons, but it would be damn near impossible get firearms imports from Russian manufacturing facilities, so we would have to establish some here. We could also modify reciever characteristics of their rifles and ruggedize/modernize them but build off their platform to build significant stateside interest before we sell the real thing.
>>
>>33179029
>being this stupid
Molot is a fucking cash cow for Russia, I doubt they'll stop importing veprs
Rob ski talked about this too. It's literally nothing.
https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=wage8ALCovw
>>
What happened?
Did they declare bankruptcy?
>>
>>33179560
>>33179550
The problem is, it's apparently all a package deal.

The company is only valued at roughly $26 million.
I need the $40 million extra to pay them debt free and then pay off the loan (or damn near debt free) or up the bid.

Yes the intention would be to drag the equipment and patents and shit here in the end, but right off the bat manufacturing would need to be in Russia sadly.
>>
>>33179589
Yes.
And sadly Kalashnikov concern is apparently the only company in a position to purchase them.
>>33179576
Doesn't matter. If it's in any way related to KC they're fucked.
>>
>>33179536
Yep, a corporation can own an FFL.
That's why Wal-Mart can sell guns.
(At least, that's how it used to be. There is always the possibility that the laws changed at some point and Wal-Mart was grandfathered in, but I don't think that's the case.)
>>
>>33179670
Good.
Thank you.
>>
>>33179605
Unfortunately, there will be ITER issues, but that will be a necessity as you said.
Perhaps you (we? Can this become a whole /k/ thing?) can buy the American branch and try to negotiate with the Russian successor to cut a deal?
Maybe have a mixture of rifles we import and rifles we make as our products.

There would be a learning curve attached to us first making the rifles so I suggest we make a sub-company we "do business as" so we can get things going and then apply that to our main line (VEPR) after we get the kinks worked out.
We also wouldn't need tooling for EVERY part of manufacturing.
If we can bulk order receiver flats, we can start manufacturing the receivers ourselves.
>>
Can I join you guys?

I have impressive levels of autism and a semi-automatic rifle chambered in 5.56mm with a .45 Auto sidearm
>>
>>33179605
Also, I want to mention that if you can get $40 million in a loan, I'd recommend you look into lithium isotope separation.
The US is about to run out of its supply of Lithium-7 and we haven't had a manufacturer since the '70's
>>
>>33179376

buy american, fuck commie shit.
>>
>>33179576

Theres 3 ways the auction this month can go.

1. Molot simply folds with no buyers and shuts down and is abandoned forever= no more Molot products

2. Kalshnikov concern is the only entity that can buy place a bid for the company and buy them= Molot becomes sanctioned under the KC sanctions and no more molot for us.

3. The russian government bails Molot out= molot products can continue to flow to us.
>>
>>33180509
So are lithium batteries about to become like gold?
>>
>>33180512
>bait
>>
>>33179576
>I doubt they'll stop importing veprs
Exporting. They export them.
>>
>>33180594
Not exactly, lithium-7 is added in nuclear PWRs (Pressurized Water Reactors) because it neutralizes the boric acid that absorbs stray neutrons. It has to be ~99.95% lithium 7 because the other isotope (lithium 6) releases tritium which isn't good because it both embrittles the walls of what you are containing it in and is not good when it goes out and into people. 65% of nuclear power plants in America and all nuclear reactors on submarines and aircraft carriers require lithium 7 to run.
1 kg of Li-7 costs between $10,000 - $15,000.
The cost to produce a plant here in the US is estimated to be around $10 million and about 5 years to complete.
There is no manufacturer of it here and the only other two viable sources the US could get it from on short notice are Russia and China (who the US likes to have trade sanctions with, especially on nuclear matters)
Now imagine how much money you'll get paid when you are the only DOMESTIC source of lithium 7 that can sustain the reactors of the United States and its Navy…

(Oh yeah, and separating Li 7 gives you Li 6 which is used in thermonuclear warheads, so there's that too…)
>>
>>33180745
So lets do the lithium supply exchange business for all of north america then
>>
>>33180763
I'm game
>>
>>33180464
I'm up again.

Any advice on where to start on the ITER problems?
>>
>>33182448
NEVer mind, currently slogging my way through the shitstorm of paperwork they have on it...
>>
File: hillary-clinton-russia.jpg (50KB, 610x436px) Image search: [Google]
hillary-clinton-russia.jpg
50KB, 610x436px
>>33179508
maybe another 20% of our urainuim from hilldog will get you it.
>>
>>33180763
im also game.
>>
>>33182448
What is ITER? Do you mean ITAR?
>>
>>33182913
Yup.
Thought it was something else for a minute.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.