[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dry Firing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 60

File: 20170206_200300.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170206_200300.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Do you ever practice or fuck around dry firing, I've seen mixed opinions here and wanted to hear what ya'll have to say.

I talked to my cousin whom is SF (Green Beret, seriously, not memeing), a competitive shooter and a police sgt. and they all pretty much had the same answer.

If you know the gun is clear, check the mag well, the chamber, the back of it and pinky the barrel and you know your gun is clear there is no danger practicing dry firing. My cousin and the comp shooter said they spend a good 10 minutes doing this before a judged shooting at the range or sometimes all day at home practicing triggering on little targets.

I know some safety hard heads will say always treat a gun like its loaded but if you check that it's clear 3 times and again, what is the arm practicing your sighting and your trigger pull?

One thing my cousin taught me I wasn't aware of is when you're aiming down the sight with both eyes you focus on the front site (handgun) and aim at the blur in the background. I always aimed at the target not focusing on the sight.
>>
>>33178604
You do that with any sight mate. Focus on the front post and aim at the blur.

I dry fire all the time. Just buy some snap caps of you're worried about breaking something.
>>
Yes, dry fire is excellent practice. Do it as much and as often as you can. Make sure you're actually getting something out of it though.

Grip the gun like you would live fire, focus on your front sight like you would dry fire, and WATCH HOW THE GUN MOVES. You want to make sure your front sight is as steady as possible throughout your entire trigger pull, and especially at the break.
>>
File: omg_is_he_OK.jpg (163KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
omg_is_he_OK.jpg
163KB, 500x667px
>>33178604
>>33178695

Context dependent it's fine to have a soft sight picture on both the post and the target or even a hard sight focus on the target depending on range/skill/ability/confidence

kinesthetic shooting can shave time if you are comfortable when to use it
>>
File: 20170206_200232.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170206_200232.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>33178695
I agree, my whole life I've just heard from most people "treat the gun like it's always loaded" "never pull the trigger off ranger or you're shooting to kill".

Different generation? Safety myths? I've heard this a LOT. I guess from people without faith in their own safety.
>>
>>33178752
samefag, I should clarify I'm not suggesting this guy focus on something other than the front sight, that's definitely the priority
>>
>>33178790
OP, I agree and is what I do. Not the thread for it but I'm pondering what to get after my P320C, something more compact for CCW, and P250, 3000 Cobra, newer 1911 or something completely outside that box like a revolver. This is of course after I get my M1.
>>
>>33178771

I mean, all of that is within reason. Definitely treat the gun with some sense even if you've verified it's unloaded. Don't go pointing it at people and whatnot, but once you've thoroughly checked the gun, feel free to dry fire practice.

The biggest thing with the rules is not to get lax. Always keep in mind where your muzzle is, always double check if a gun is loaded when retrieving it even if you KNOW it was put away unloaded, etc etc. Just use common sense, and don't get complacent.
>>
File: IMG_0007.jpg (198KB, 1100x619px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0007.jpg
198KB, 1100x619px
>>33178771
Its the generation of people incapable of taking responsibility for their actions (the ND in the wall) and instead externalize their decisions by claiming they didn't properly adhere to a rule or practice when the truth is they simply had a lack of judgment and made a mistake and if the rule didn't exist they're judgment could have still saved them.
>>
>>33178851
I'm a one platform shooter - all my guns are simple size variation of the same grip angle, trigger, controls and sights.

If you are already on a compact model but not comfortable with the concealment I would address the carry location/holster rather than the gun.

I'm actually transitioning to an apendix fullsize carry gun because >muh splits
>>
>>33178851
maybe change our the module for my P320 to fit .357 or 9mm. I dunno, there is so much I want.

>>33178867
I never aim my gun at others or myself, I'm normally drawing and practicing like shit on my nendos, animu figures and gundam models. I treat my guns with absolute respect and never lax. Sometimes I check the chamber and mag even after I've dry fired 15 times out of habit. I try to stay as focused as possible.

>>33178885
Poor wall.
>>
File: 11-900x600.jpg (117KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
11-900x600.jpg
117KB, 900x600px
>>33178886
I actually haven't gotten a conceal holster yet to see how the P320C fits where. I think it should be fine but I wouldn't mind something smaller my mother can use when we shoot. I just want one smaller gun, everything else is going to be around the size I have now of full size.
>>
>>33178695
Not when you are shooting clays/fowl with a shotgun.
>>
i took my CCW course from some cop on a swat team or some shit

here's a story he told:
>be me
>be practicing dry fire
>take magazine out, empty chamber
>rack slide just enough to reset trigger between "shots"
>shoot at people on the tv
>one day decide "i'm a badass swat man, i can leave the mag in and just be careful to only rack enough to reset trigger, not chamber round"
>do my usual routine of dry firing at tv characters
>WHOOPS WHADDYA KNOW I JUST SHOT MY TV FOR REAL
>now i teach a ccw course
>wew
>>
>>33178958
That is a story no body should tell, and certainly not a CCW instructor, that's the dumbest shit I ever heard.
>>
File: wm_8015625.jpg (752KB, 5196x3544px) Image search: [Google]
wm_8015625.jpg
752KB, 5196x3544px
Off subject but what do you guys think of coating, gay and ricer or nice if done well? I'd by lying if I didn't admit this is sexy as fuck.

/k/aptch: DEAD Fairview
>>
>>33178885
To add to it. After 4 years in the Marines one thing I learned is flagging happens. Try getting in and out of a MRAP or climbing into a 7-ton without eventually flagging something with that big as A4. Even the "admin" carry of whatever they call it that's not aiming or at the ready puts the muzzle within inches of your foot. Pointing weapons at people isn't going to rip the time space continuum. It's bad practice because often you are the only one that's verified it's unloaded. Not the person you're flagging or at least then bystanders witnessing the flagging.

You don't have to be a metaphysicist to understand these truths.
>it's physically possible to point a loaded weapon at somebody with your finger on the trigger and they not die
>weapons rules are to protect from carelessness of people who don't have physical control over their bodies
>and to protect war fighters under duress which is the most logical application of any such rules.
>>
>>33178604
My gunsmith told me except for some really old gun that had a bad firing pin design (don't remember specifics) and possibly rimfire that dry firing wasn't going to hurt anything.
If I ever start dry fire practicing though I would like to err on the side of caution and get some snapcaps.
>>
>>33178976
at least due to his astounding use of the scientific method, we now know that whatever 9mm duty round the dept uses is stopped by a sony bravia
>>
>>33178951
Do you have a hard sight picture on the target with scattergats? It's been years since I shot clays

That would make sense to me as when I shoot pistols and transition targets I often shoot hard target focus on the first shot then transition to hard sight focus, soft target focus for follow ups
>>
>>33178958
Where was the round when you didn't see it? Did it get caught in the back somewhere? Didn't you pinky the barrel? Was there no clearing barrel? Fuck. Oh this was at your house, huh. Still.
>>
File: IMG_4637.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4637.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>33179005
I literally dry fire this bitch more than I masturbate and I haven't cleaned it in the past 400 rounds on top of that.

>tfw these weapons are well build machines
>we will never push it past it's service life
>>
>>33179024
not my story m8
but he was racking the slide only ~1/2" each time, resetting the trigger but not chambering a round. then he went full retard and chambered a round
>>
File: 1480793939133.jpg (14KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
1480793939133.jpg
14KB, 275x275px
>>33179063
Fuck me, what an idiot.
>>
>>33179019
Honestly I don't have any experience with it. That just what I've read and what I heard from a customer that bought clays at the store I work at.
>>
>>33179034
I'm a retard and what is that. I'm a bit new and can't recognize everything by sight yet.
>>
>>33179019
>often shoot hard target focus on the first shot then transition to hard sight focus, soft target focus for follow ups

Can you break this down for a new /k/ommando?
>>
File: Never_go_full_retard.jpg (38KB, 400x265px) Image search: [Google]
Never_go_full_retard.jpg
38KB, 400x265px
>>33179063
Should've told him.
>>
>>33178604
>Do you ever practice or fuck around dry firing

I dryfire for at least 15 minutes every day. It is absolutely crucial to bettering yourself as a shooter. Every competitive shooter dryfires, the notion that you shoot live ammo doesn't mean you shouldn't dryfire.

People here love to bitch about how they don't have enough monies or time to go to the range. Dryfire is free and will help so much if you do it correctly.

This is an excellent read on dryfiring correctly

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?7708-Dry-Practice-Misconceptions-Updated-12-04-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYVcN_C1Lqw
>>
>>33178771
You should always treat a gun like it's loaded unless -YOU- -KNOW- its not.

Guns are not magical. They do not magically grow bullets. Once you check the gun, you know it is unloaded. If the gun LEAVES YOUR HANDS for even a second, you do not know it is unloaded anymore. Then you safety check again.

If someone hands you a gun, treat it like it is loaded UNTIL YOU KNOW ITS NOT.

You shouldn't make a habit of aiming at people or pulling the trigger at people, but if you clear the gun, it's cleared.It's safe to dry fire.

I work in Hollywood. We obsessively check and clear guns before handing them over to people. Every time the gun changes hands, it is cleared. Any time it leaves set it is cleared, any time it comes back it is cleared, it is cleared by the handler in front of any actor in the scene and at least one assistant director.

The point? Once you know the gun is empty, it is safe.
>>
>>33179392
Not the owner but that looks like a Beretta M9A1 with a Wilson Combat package on it (new grips, sights, springs).

You're not retarded, while the M9/92 is a very popular gun, the Wilson Combat mods remove the Beretta logos from grips.
>>
>>33178604
>Someone's ex-SF/police/comp shooter relative gives reasonable and correct advice
Well hot damn.
>>
File: FAST 3-2-17.jpg (227KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
FAST 3-2-17.jpg
227KB, 800x1067px
>>33179405
Basically when I finish hitting one target and my eye moves to the next and the first shot breaks - my focus on that first shot is still hard on the target and soft on the front sight post - you can earn time back shooting that kinesthetic first shot. With the follow up shots I transfer my hard focus to the front sight post because now neither the gun or my eyes are moving/transitioning and you can farm better accuracy on the follow up shots with no loss of time since the background and gun are now "static"
>>
>>33178885
I nonironically want to upvote this post
>>
File: 1469856103639.jpg (77KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
1469856103639.jpg
77KB, 576x432px
>>33178604
Front sight focus is #1. You should be able to tell exactly what is going on with your front sight from focusing so much.

You see some bit of holster wear on the top left side of the front sight and it's a bit shiny? You're doing a good job. See a little piece of your dog's hair on the right side base? You're doing a good job.

The reason why you see so many competitive shooters with fiber optic fronts, photoluminescent fronts and blacked out rears is because their eyes have to go to that front sight immediately without accounting for additional dots.

Do structured dryfiring, learn how to properly grip the pistol and focus on the front sight, I'll promise you that you will become a better shooter.
>>
>>33179572

I should not have posted that pic because with the FAST there is so little transitioning distance it's all front sight focus
>>
>>33178604
You could also get a little laser light that goes into your barrel so you can practice shooting without actually shooting. You won't get the feel of recoil but it's a good way of telling whether or not you're lining up your sight picture right.
>>
>>33179494
Fucking sick, my first impression / guy feeling was a beretta 92fs
>>
File: 1483781547990.gif (753KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1483781547990.gif
753KB, 245x245px
>>33179616
>wish there was a device that simulates a gun recoiling when you dryfire
>it actually exists

http://www.dvorakinstruments.com/

>it's fucking $2,500
>>
File: 1482274077334.jpg (49KB, 1004x633px) Image search: [Google]
1482274077334.jpg
49KB, 1004x633px
>>33179461
Thanks a ton, mate.
>>
>>33179461
>https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?7708-Dry-Practice-Misconceptions-Updated-12-04-16

>.20/.21/.22 consistent bill drill splits

Don't even have to watch the video, this is good shit. Good link anon
>>
File: 1468315953158.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1468315953158.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
>>33179719
That's Bill Blowers. He has his own playlist where he drops all kinds of knowledge bombs. Nigga knows his shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2OcFcO_qCs&index=18&list=PLrRQ__gsOAs2pHWJoG0ElvSDroi4xwVeP
>>
File: 1485268713196.jpg (48KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1485268713196.jpg
48KB, 500x750px
>>33179469
>I work in Hollywood. We obsessively check and clear guns before handing them over to people

They don't even allow live ammo on set which should be obvious. Hollywood goes through insane checks which makes Brandon Lee's death so bizarre and many believe a murder,

>>33179500
I doubt I'll be believed but he my GB cousin was on the team along with some rangers that saved Luttrell. He said he got to the point and radio'd in they were ready and they ended up having to wait for the rangers to catch up. He said the movie was utter trash. He's friends with a SEAL member on facebook and he said 13 Hours was very accurate as far as a film goes. I'd have to email him for some pics which I'd obviously have to blur but that would be for another thread. He's very open with the stories he is allowed to tell. Very, very cool dude. I look up to immensely. I'm going to visit him this summer and spend most the time at the range shooting shit (literally and figuratively)
>>
>>33178604
>Asking a board that had 1 ND a month for advice on not NDing

Whew Lad...
>>
>>33179733
despite my post I'm watching the whole video you linked. I like his demeanor and presentation style a lot.
>>
>>33179572
>kinesthetic

I know I can google this but I'd rather a /k/ homie give it a go.
>>
>>33179675
lol holy hell it's literally cheaper to just buy shitty steel ammo and go to the range
>>
>>33179581
Good advice, I might black out my rears.
>>
>>33179805
muscle memory shooting basically, there's more to it than that but yeah
>>
>>33179616
How do you feel about the ones built into the grip?
>>
Since we're sort of on the topic of good, informative youtube videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qbCSpcrOsw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7ahDcWjFZI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIBxf90axXQ
>>
File: HyperMoz.webm (1MB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
HyperMoz.webm
1MB, 700x394px
>>33179881
anons like to tease me because of my excessive gross motor movements (rightfully so) but with shots and ranges like this it's almost all kinesthetic shooting simply because acquiring a stronger sight picture is negligible to increasing accuracy on target (at this range, all Alphas in the WebM)
>>
File: 20170303_005509.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170303_005509.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>33179581
>>33179581
>photoluminescent

Are those different than "night sights"? My P320C .40 is NS version, I haven't gotten around to changing the sights yet because it's not first on my priority list and don't know enough to know what to change it to. I'll probably save and do whatever modding / buying new accessories and maybe a new piece when I visit my cousin in the summer.

Fuck me that was hard to focus on the front site on the camera with only two hands, trying to get the macro right, keep it aimed and press the button to shoot.
>>
>>33179769
>Hollywood goes through insane checks which makes Brandon Lee's
Hollywood is definitely also very, very, very busy and moves very fast. By the time you've checked the same gun 9 times in an hour, sometimes an AD might wave you off and just assume you did your job. There are multiple safeties in place and it takes all of them going wrong at the same time to end in a tragedy, but it has happened.

Live ammo should never be on set, true, save for a few reality show examples. But even a blank is dangerous.

The Brandon Lee death was one of those things were a bunch of shit went wrong in a row.

The biggest NO-NO that happened was the property guys made their own dummy cartridges. They must have forgotten to buy them or prep them before hand. So they took live ammunition, pulled the bullet, dumped the powder, and re-seated the bullet. Problem? Live primer. The primer needs to be fired off before hand or you need an already dead primer, or a false cap.

So they do the scene or rehearsal or whatever with the dummy rounds, trigger gets pulled, primer goes off, just enough power to push the .44 slug into the barrel.

That is all "Problem 1."

Problem 2 comes in the safety check after - when the guy empties the gun, he doesn't realize one of the shells is missing the bullet. Maybe he isn't the one who loaded it, so he doesn't know.

Problem 3. When loading the blanks for the next scene, the property guy, the actor, and the AD team all fail to do a clean barrel check (shine a light down the barrel).

Problem 4. The actor shooting the weapon aims directly at Brandon Lee. Because of camera angles, etc, 99% of the time you don't have to aim at the actor, you aim off to the sie.

Revolver blanks are usually full power loads for flash, blank goes off, pushes the slug out of the gun and into Brandon.

All those problems needed to happen and they did and Lee basically got shot by a .44 Mag.
>>
>>33178604
Unload. Make sure no ammo nearby. Insert snapcaps. Dry fire till your fingers bleed.

As a precaution, I aim my first shot at a safe direction like the ground or sky.
>>
>>33180034

Photoluminescent is one of two things.

Option a) is that dumb bullshit HK and other Euro manufacturers put on their sights because tritium is restricted in Fuckneckville or whatever bullshit country the Eurotrash live in. There's no good reason to have this alone because it has to be charged with a flashlight or sunlight and the glow only lasts a few minutes if not constantly exposed.

Option b) is a ring of paint around a tritium front sight that will gather light and be bright as fuck during the day and do well in transitional lighting. See: lots of stuff from Ameriglo and Trijicon HDs. It's gonna be orange or yellow. It's the same shit they paint traffic signs with.
>>
>>33179675
I been looking into the laser guns that let you shoot at a screen anywhere, not sure if it simulates recoil, gotta look into that. They're dope as hell though. Uploads your spread and all sorts of meta data, for that I'd assume it'd have to have some recoil. I'm sure someone will find it before me but let me try to find the product.

Non-blurry version of sight photo from before of the background.
>>
>>33180054
Nice info, I honestly thought I was going to get shit for the Luttrell story first.
>>
>>33178951
Lol. Got me smart ass.
>>
>>33180091

SIRTs are cool and all because they have a resetting trigger. Never tried one with a laser target but I've seen some pretty cool setups with projectors and a program for PC and a webcam that'll basically allow you to play video scenarios and shoot at them with recorded hits.

Setting aside a laser target, however, I found the laser distracting for pure "dry fire" use with the SIRT. Apart from the reset (which feels nothing like my Glocks) it does nothing that dry firing a Glock won't do.
>>
File: 1483736245305.jpg (54KB, 454x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483736245305.jpg
54KB, 454x720px
>>33179781
/k/ is a collective. wew senpai
>>
>>33178604
My handgun requires you dry fire to take it down, so yes, I dry fire.
>>
File: 1471345765030.jpg (165KB, 750x420px) Image search: [Google]
1471345765030.jpg
165KB, 750x420px
>>33180034
I'm referring to things like Trijicon HD fronts or one of the many Ameriglo sights. See the bright orange/yellow paint on the front?

Those are standard three dot night sights. I hate the fact that most people are convinced that "night sights" are they way to go for upgrading from regular white three dots. They really don't do that good of a job for quickly getting a proper sight picture.

Look into some Dawson Fiber optics, Ameriglos or the Defoor Ameriglo sights.

I'm not entirely sure the Defoor Ameriglos fit on the P320 and I think they were intended for the P220/P226 style sigs as opposed to the P320 but they should fit since they do share the same sights (i.e X-Rays)

This is a pretty good read about the Defoor Ameriglos

http://www.vdmsr.com/2015/03/ameriglo-cap-defoor-pro-i-dot-glock.html
>>
>>33180164
didn't read your post but looking at that pic my instincts immediately gravitated towards the right - some eye relief between the front and rear posts is fucking huge for figuring out where the fuck your posts are during mag dumps.
>>
File: 1470430634875.jpg (376KB, 900x599px) Image search: [Google]
1470430634875.jpg
376KB, 900x599px
>>33180164
I'll probably start frequent the P320 section of the Sig forum to brush up on some general and gun specific things a bit.

What would you guys rec as my next Sig?
>>
File: 1471569093046.png (25KB, 266x220px) Image search: [Google]
1471569093046.png
25KB, 266x220px
>>33180140
>take it down,
>>
>>33179581
10-8 rear with dawson front?
>>
>>33180182
Gotta agree with you here.
>>
>>33180213
Field strip, disassembly, I say take down. You knew exactly what I meant.
>>
>>33180182
Looking at that picture isn't a real good representation of what kind of sights you want to get. Best suggestion, buy different sights and shoot timed drills such as Bill Drills and see which one you shoot best with.

Trijicon HD's are really good barring the fact that the rears can be sharp, making carry uncomfortable but you can always get a blacked out rear and the Trijicon HD front only.

Also Sig makes the X-Ray sight that is essentially a Trijicon HD but with a green photoluminescent front. I actually own the same exact gun pictured on the left and really prefer it over to the Ameriglo Proglos I have on my Glock 19. The Proglos being pretty much Trijicon HD"s but with a black rear.
>>
File: 1470435575373.jpg (29KB, 340x430px) Image search: [Google]
1470435575373.jpg
29KB, 340x430px
>>33179461
Thanks for all the info, mate. I'm going to make a point of practicing everyday with all this in mind.
>>
>>33180227
In all honest I didn't. I've lurked /k/ some time but I haven't started posting until I owned my firearm which is a couple weeks now. I've shot my grandfather's rifles so I'm not entirely new to guns but I am to a lot of the lingo. I was being honest and trying to learn as much as possible even if I look like an idiot.
>>
>>33180256
The smug anime girl threw me off.
>>
>>33180091
Any more info on this anyone? Link to some products?
>>
>>33180273
I didn't think that was a smug. I didn't have my other curious girls with a question mark pics on this comp.
>>
>>33180288
Deep down inside, they're all smug.
>>
File: 0oYahQCq.jpg (55KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
0oYahQCq.jpg
55KB, 512x512px
>>33180302
Can argue with that senpai, I wish I had some more disappointed animus
>>
>>33180315
Also, feel free to post anime gun girls if you got them while commenting, I have a folder to build.
>>
File: 1472929373935.jpg (235KB, 850x1207px) Image search: [Google]
1472929373935.jpg
235KB, 850x1207px
>>33179461
>>33179733
>>33179898

Keep them coming guys. Much appreciated. Right now I'm pretty interested in cognitive training.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN44I_NQ6pI
>>
>>33180364
While Instructor Zero is a very good shooter, he's really gimmicky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97v3JoMhjkg
>>
>>33180397
Agreed, I think the exercise is interesting none the less.
>>
File: 1484478657643.jpg (231KB, 883x924px) Image search: [Google]
1484478657643.jpg
231KB, 883x924px
>>33180364
Man, Primary & Secondary had so many good podcasts pertaining to things like lumens, tritium and a whole bunch of other shit. For some reason, they deleted most of them.

Not really a "shooting" video but an eye opener.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArDRg5SkuT0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_FwUfFhFHs

It's a very good idea to have some profiency with one handed shooting both with your strong and support side hand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_GUYgKJOrs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_dem_jTskg
>>
File: ColtTrooperMKIII.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
ColtTrooperMKIII.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>33178604

I own one of pic related and heard that dry firing them could damage the firing pin because it is sintered.

Is this true?
>>
>>33180629
Pretty sure you shouldn't dryfire with empty chambers on a revolver but what you can do is load it completely full with snap caps and dryfire all day long.
>>
File: 1472151050687.png (3MB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1472151050687.png
3MB, 1080x1080px
>>33180622
Welp, OP here. This is now also a noob, tip, generally good info video thread. Please keep them coming boys.

This is an amazing time killer while by BTC transfer,
>>
>>33180634

Yes thats what I do.

But I was told that it is just with this model because the firing pin was sintered and could break if it doesnt face resistance.

And apparently no gunsmith could fix that because you woud need a special press from colt that they only have in their factory (not sure if it is still there and functional) to press a niw firing pin into the gun
>>
File: 1484276850417.jpg (199KB, 850x601px) Image search: [Google]
1484276850417.jpg
199KB, 850x601px
>>33180634
>snap caps

So what's the deal with these snap caps or rounds that fire but do no damage, don't penetrate, etc. Something maybe like the paintball rounds and other things I see used in stuff like live fire team vs team training?
>>
File: 1461365468168.jpg (138KB, 1038x576px) Image search: [Google]
1461365468168.jpg
138KB, 1038x576px
>>33180663
I'm not well versed in revolvers so I couldn't tell you. What you can do is hit up the revolver section on pistolforum and possibly ask them. They have a lot of the more serious shooters that would definately have an answer to this.
>>33180668
Snap caps have spring loaded firing pins that give the firing pin something to hit against, absorbing the force of the firing pin instead of causing wear on parts such as the firing pin.

Most manufacturers will tell you that it's fine to dryfire modern pistols but any sort of extended dryfire session should be conducted with snap caps. I have broke the firing pin retaining pin off my P226 doing so much dryfire without a snap cap.

There's Simunition which is the non lethal training ammo you typically see used in force on force scenarios for LE and MIL guys.

Note the blue all over these guy's kit. Those are all guns converted to simunition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0_taJYLtUE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tspWAf8IbTM&index=4&list=PLrRQ__gsOAs15lx8_50I2HEYa2jTIleTy
>>
>>33180054
He spoke out against the jews just before this happened by PURE COINCIDENCE
>>
>>33180766
Thanks for the heads up. I'll look into grabbing some, what happens when you actually fire them? What do you think of simulation ammo for target shooting for something like the back yard as retarded as that sounds. First I imagine it's expensive. Are they loud? Is it viable to use to train with on targets?
>>
>>33180884
The video explains most of your questions but for quickness sake

>What do you think of simulation ammo for target shooting for something like the back yard as retarded as that sounds.

They're not cheap so I would rather use something like airsoft. You don't really benefit from using simunition on anything but other people

>Are they loud?

They're hearing safe, no requirement for earpro

>Is it viable to use to train with on targets?

You don't really get the same recoil as a live gun so most likely not.
>>
>>33180191

p226 owner here

Airsoft p320 to spend hours carrying, handling, and dryfiring when you're doing other stuff around the house

you should be able to align the sights from muscle memory alone

you don't need another sig unless you don't trust your 320
>>
>>33180622
I'm sure I don't neeed to tell you but check out Sage Dynamics
>>
>>33181100
>>33180622
>>33180364
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWR3LHEjRAE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T85RSuPeQoA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az0FNmA48gk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgFFdH7Vs9Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Msi0JiD2j-w
I could basically copy pasta every one of his video but let's start here.
>>
>>33180364
Pants way too tight.
>>
File: 1472177306459.jpg (29KB, 412x430px) Image search: [Google]
1472177306459.jpg
29KB, 412x430px
>>33181089
Oh I ADORE my 320 for the price of the different caliber module, unless I was quoted wrong, I'd rather just pay for another new (or used) gun of a different caliber. I think it's 300 or something to switch 9mm, .357 or 45 but I would just like another Sig to be honest. I love the strike fire but something with a hammer would be fun too, I was wondering which of the P2xx series is preferred by most. I was thinking about getting a 9mm so my mother could use it, she a nurse that gets called out to some nasty areas. On the second hand, I'd like a .357 also but don't want to switch out my 40. 45 would be nice but I feel like .357 or 9mm is the way to go for what I'm looking for right now. I'd just get the different module to change the caliber but I'm in collector mode and want as many guns as I can reasonably afford.

>>33180364
That's a skirt but NO BULLY HITLER-CHAN. Unless you mean Zero.
>>
>>33180637
I want more of this sexy bitch
>>
File: 1470551558573.jpg (45KB, 333x333px) Image search: [Google]
1470551558573.jpg
45KB, 333x333px
>>33181291
Only pic i have of her, never ID'd here, sorry senpai. Let me see what other QTs I have saved. I'm not going to just dump them but when I post I'll try to post some fine cunt.
>>
File: 1270177688421.jpg (185KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1270177688421.jpg
185KB, 960x1280px
>>33181317
You are a gentlemen, I would suggest getting some snap caps if you have not already senpai
>>
File: 1487271715310.jpg (69KB, 500x676px) Image search: [Google]
1487271715310.jpg
69KB, 500x676px
>>33181336
No problem, this thread has been one of the kindest and most helpful threads I've seen on 4chan in the 10 years I've been here.
>>
File: higuise.jpg (81KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
higuise.jpg
81KB, 540x720px
>>33181351
Is there any other specific avenue of pistol shooting you are looking to explore? I have many good links.
>>
File: 1353303974042.jpg (82KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1353303974042.jpg
82KB, 800x533px
And now some videos on appendix carry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD1-cmqdXWA&t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGU7HbgDIvE&t

now with qts
>>
>>33179034
Great. Now I'm craving a dirty martini
>>
>>33181402
>now with qts
gud links gud girls

this thread is 10/10
>>
File: IMG_20170224_130023.jpg (3MB, 3036x4048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170224_130023.jpg
3MB, 3036x4048px
Sure is P320 in here. Just picked up this beaut
>>
File: 1484608994144.jpg (32KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
1484608994144.jpg
32KB, 460x460px
>>33181371
Honestly, I'm not sure. This is the first time in a LONG time that I've felt this passionate about a hobby and dare I say lifestyle? Overall I just want to better myself. I see my shortcomings and know I have a LOT to learn so it's time to grind it out and get to it.

I want to get better at focus and cognitive shooting, get my reaction time up, work on the obvious things like accuracy and grouping, general stuff at first. God there is so much I don't know where to start or end. I'd like to take as many classes as I can afford if the instructor is worth a damn, I want to start as an amature obviously but get into competitive shooting. Home defense needless to say,

Once I get a rifle, meaning not my Pa's 30-06 but something like an M1 I plan as my first rifle then go from there, hard to say. Maybe try to find a CHILL militia that isn't all Fudds or tacticool people roleplaying SF. I can't say for sure. I just want to better myself at every opportunity and see where my ambition, skills and limits collide. I just want to constantly better myself.
>>
File: 1353305274044.jpg (99KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
1353305274044.jpg
99KB, 620x413px
An article dispelling the myth of "too much lumens". There are some popular instructors that preach the "300 lumens or you'll blind yourself indoors" thing and I actually bought into that before.

https://primaryandsecondary.com/stop-blinding-yourself/

Primary & Secondary has very good and well written articles on various topics.
>>
File: 1473629915743.jpg (88KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1473629915743.jpg
88KB, 1080x1080px
>>33181419
P320C? My nigga. How you feeling the sights? Most I was going to change was maybe some internals and and add a flashlight, If I change the grip I might get one with a laser but that feels so ricer I dunno.

I don't think you can spoil here but I got a real sexy hole for you guys.
>>
File: 1483768280626.png (301KB, 1568x816px) Image search: [Google]
1483768280626.png
301KB, 1568x816px
Best thread on /k/ right now. Not OP but you deff got a new regular.
>>
>>33181424
It's good that you see it as a martial art or a lifestyle rather than a hobby, that's the first step to rising above the rabble.

Most gun owners are like old lady spinsters - hording beanie babies or some other stupid fucking materialistic thing irreverent to life. They live to brag about accumulating physical material items that do nothing except take up space.

Dryfire, dryfire dryfire (not just pulling the trigger - but repeating repetitions on variations actions essential to the "martial art", treat everything as a martial art, your gun is not a brand, it's a tool that needs to work, if it doesn't, replace it with something that does.

Your chicks are sexy as fuck too bro

I should never have driven this one off
>>
File: 5765.jpg (19KB, 300x226px) Image search: [Google]
5765.jpg
19KB, 300x226px
>>33181424
Get a class with someone like Darryl Bolke, Wayne Dobbs or Tom Givens. They will not only better you as a shooter, they give information on defensive shooting like how criminals behave.

I just ordered Tom Given's book called "Fighting Smarter" that covers a lot of things from skills, mindset to hardware like gun and holster selection. I heard from various people that it's an incredibly good read if you're interested in self defense.

I might attend one of his pistol classes on April.

One interesting tidbit is that he actually has 94 students that survived lethal force encounters with only 3 that got killed because they didn't actually have a gun on them the time they needed one.

Lucky Gunner has a good Youtube page pertaining to defensive shooting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RW-effhdc4
>>
File: 1484504349874.jpg (176KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1484504349874.jpg
176KB, 1080x1349px
>>33181444
Thanks for the kind words mate. I aint sleeping tonight, waiting for btc transfers all night. Amazed the thread last this long and so many homies came to the call to help. /k/ truly is a magical place.

/k/aptcha: Playground PLACE
>>
File: received_10154510962614962.jpg (81KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
received_10154510962614962.jpg
81KB, 720x1280px
>>33181448
She's an angle and you are always welcome here.

I don't have many racy pro photos but take some amateur ex stuff please, I hope it's up to snuff
>>
>>33181429
I'm loving the sights. First time I've ever had tritium sights on a pistol. Since they're already suppressor height, I think I'll pick up a threaded barrel so I can throw a can on it one day. Besides that, all I'd really do is get a grayguns trigger for it and maybe a surefire XC1 since it was clearly built to fit the P320C perfectly
>>
File: 1485438662255.jpg (64KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1485438662255.jpg
64KB, 720x960px
>>33181462
I like em' young but not bad mate, a collection takes time.
>>
>>33178991
No one guys? Too CSGO for ya'll? Personally I love it.
>>
>>33181463
>and maybe a surefire XC1 since it was clearly built to fit the P320C perfectly

You need to look at what you intend to do with the gun before getting an XC1. If you have your P320C as your HD gun, don't compromise on size and get an X300 Ultra or TLR 1 HL. If you plan on carrying and want a weapon light that isn't as bulky as the two I mentioned, get the XC1. The X300 Ultra has ~500 lumens, the TLR 1 HL has ~800 and the XC1 has only ~200.

But do note that several XC1's have durability issues and are one of the Surefires that usually have to get sent back more than others. Ontop of that, I've heard they have not so good controls compared to convential fullsize handgun lights.

There is also the XC2 coming out later this year that has a built in laser and 'improved' activations switches.

I just stick with my handheld light for conceal carry.
>>
>>33181485
I already have a TLR-1 on my TP9SF. I was looking at the XC1 for possibly CCing my P320C. Right now I carry an M&P9 shield but was looking to upsize if I can find a holster setup that works well.

I hadn't heard about durability issues with the XC1 but I'll look into it. Not big on lasers and I like that it runs off AAA batteries.
>>
File: 1283697569420.jpg (40KB, 453x604px) Image search: [Google]
1283697569420.jpg
40KB, 453x604px
>>33181469
Yeah I don't get the ones I want anymore, hell like I ever did.

My thing with firearms training is being consistent, getting out at least 3 times a week and running a FAST is critical
>>
File: IMG_20170103_122547.jpg (3MB, 4048x3036px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170103_122547.jpg
3MB, 4048x3036px
>>33181499
Forgot pic
>>
>>33181499
>Right now I carry an M&P9 shield but was looking to upsize if I can find a holster setup that works well.

I used to carry a Shield in an Incog holster AIWB. I can comfortably carry a Glock 19 or PX4 Compact with a JM Custom George.

With the George holster, it does an excellent job in tucking in the gun tight to my body so I'm able to get away with carrying larger gun since it's appendix. I'm not forcing you to carry appendix but give it a consideration while understanding the potential dangers and how to mitigate that. If you can carry a Shield, you can carry at the least something Glock 26 sized or an M&P9C. It is absolutely doable with the right belt and holster combination.
>>
File: 1476584712861.jpg (142KB, 1162x850px) Image search: [Google]
1476584712861.jpg
142KB, 1162x850px
>cleans 1911
Nope....dry fire the gun you'll break the firing pin
>continues cleaning 1911 while not looking at you
>>
File: 1460497676942.jpg (32KB, 572x303px) Image search: [Google]
1460497676942.jpg
32KB, 572x303px
>>33178851
>more compact for CCW
>1911
>>
>>33182149
Just one of those listed obviously I didn't mean a full size and was adding the one of the last pistols I could think of down I wouldn't mind having. It was late and if I linked it to the subject matter of CCW it was mistake.
>>
File: 1465178357083.png (135KB, 1015x737px) Image search: [Google]
1465178357083.png
135KB, 1015x737px
>>33182029
Have a FL man version?
>>
>>33182149
Hell, I'd like a nice Kongsberg Colt like the one I posted or one not fucked enough a gunsmith can make perrty. If not maybe a newer Ruger 1911SR
>>
File: 1477031973617.jpg (174KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1477031973617.jpg
174KB, 1080x1080px
I can't believe this thread is still alive and made it till nearly noon today,
>>
>>33183222
wish I was not at work so I could save more of your tasteful pics bro
>>
File: 1471452605821.jpg (1MB, 3000x1705px) Image search: [Google]
1471452605821.jpg
1MB, 3000x1705px
>>33183252
We have over double the post we have now for the bump limit, we might get some new posters as it's a new day to keep the thread alive. I'll keep them coming. My collection is low on this PC (for a blue board) but I'll keep on keeping on as long as I can me fellow patrician. After I run out of babes maybe I'll do classical art.

I'm still looking to find out which is the best sigs, likely a sort of P2XX I should get for my 9mm and .357 after I get my A1, I was surprised how cheap I can get a FN FAL and Galil around here,
>>
File: 1484507626034.jpg (179KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1484507626034.jpg
179KB, 1080x1349px
>>33184054
my M1*, fuck me.
>>
This going to be a thread I archive and read several times over, what a wealth of info. Is every /k/ thread like this for new firearm owners or does it depend on how much of a cunt you are (or aren't)?
>>
File: high tang grip.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
high tang grip.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>33184054
Yeah this is a good thread, I think it deserves a little more time in the lime-light

Can't help you with SIGs - I was just never interested in them, I can hardly tell a 320 from a 226
>>
Can we talk about grip? I've been going with what feel natural, I'm right handed so I grip with that then wrap my left hand around it with both my thumbs next or by each other on the left side, sometimes my pinky will slip to the bottom because the size and it supports the bottom a little, I'd post a pic but would need an extra hand,

I ain't about that underhand T-grip shit. Feels disgusting.

Honestly, I thought the first thing was I was going be memed on for saying I have an SF cousin since I see that meme'd on other board, really surprised I didn't get shit for that.
>>
>>33184066
fuck it, saving the pic to my work PC and emailing myself

>>33184079
totally hit or miss depending on contributors, tone, time of day and what not
>>
>>33184118
I gotta run out and grab lunch but I think Haley covers that topic pretty succinctly here - I mean there's more to discuss but this is a start

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTLi6_96t1o
>>
File: 1480712446795.jpg (152KB, 720x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1480712446795.jpg
152KB, 720x1024px
>>33184120
Keep on keeping on, have a good day at work /k/omrade. I'm almost tempted to post my steam so I can keep in touch with you cunts. Is there a /k/ discord or skype group that isn't pure cancer? Once I run out of gal's it's either going to be animus with guns/military uniform or classical military themed art.
>>
>>33178604
>dry firing without a clearing bucket
You shouldn't own guns.
>>
>>33184160
/k/ gets full barfcom mode when anonymity is removed

One of the best casual environments used to be training video streams, but no body watches/participates in those anymore

>tfw 76 of us for 6 hours straight watching art of the dynamic carbine 7 years ago

so many keks
>>
>>33184364
It's okay, I used my trashcan.
>>
>>33184079
>Is every /k/ thread like this for new firearm owners or does it depend on how much of a cunt you are (or aren't)?

Sadly, most threads are not like this.
>>
>>33185151
What makes this thread exceptional?
>>
>>33179918
STOP SNATCHING THE GUN BACK AFTER THE LAST ROUND FUCK
>>
>>33185416
Very little bickering/infighting/trolling, generally on topic and helpful, lots of good links and well articulated posts.

And some sweet jb
>>
File: 1467744133810.png (274KB, 800x451px) Image search: [Google]
1467744133810.png
274KB, 800x451px
Guy, I just woke up and my gun was on the floor, which means it fell. Could that have messed it up like the accuracy. I know they're made for fucking war but I'll be pissed if I need to adjust it. How do you even adjust your rights on a fixed sighted pistol?
>>
File: 8.jpg (610KB, 2125x1349px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
610KB, 2125x1349px
>>33188205
Very unlikely it's been fucked.
If it was, you can drift it with a punch and a hammer.
>>
>>33185457
I've SF do it before. Less autistically of course.
>>
>>33188252
Thanks doc, I thought it was cancer for sure.
>>
>>33188309
I've seen*. I guess it's a common "stance" or form.
Thread posts: 148
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.