[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who would win?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1465148311261.jpg (64KB, 640x442px) Image search: [Google]
1465148311261.jpg
64KB, 640x442px
The US military in 1968 or the Soviet military in 1986?
>>
One thing I forgot to add: no nukes
>>
>>33177805
As much as I love America USSR :/, less than two decades was a large tech leap during the Cold War (an entire generation of aircraft, for example)
>>
>>33177805
Soviets. The Red Army would have been able to defeat US military on straight-on fight. Add in an almost two decade technological advantage and it wouldn't even be close. You'd have stuff like M60s trying to take on T-72s, and F-4 Phantoms taking on MiG 29s.
>>
>>33177882
> The Red Army would have been able to defeat US military on straight-on fight

0.50 rubles have been deposited to your account
>>
>>33177805
Are we to assume that the US is not bogged down in Vietnam and the USSR isn't bogged down in Afghanistan?
>>
>>33177805
Thats fucking stupid of course the Soviets. You chose the USSR they were basically at their peak of technological development, and when the US was arguably at its worst.
Just think abut your questions before you ask them.
>>
>>33177893
This has nothing to do with being a shill, its just having a basis on reality. I'm not that guy btw. During the mid-late 80's is when we largely caught up technologically especially in armor, not to mention F-4s, with early AIM-7s would be totally inadequate. Also concepts in SEAD were pretty fucking underdeveloped and untested.
>>
>>33177893
If we look at US Military vs. Red Army and do not account for allies on either side nor nukes, the only real dominance the US military possessed was in the navy. The US Army was smaller than the Red Army, and the Red Army and often possess hardware advantages (ie possessing assault rifles while the US was still sticking with the battle rifle meme, soviet tanks largely were superior technically to US ones until the Abrams came out) and the Red Army had been basically training and poised to wage an offensive war for the entirety of the cold war. If the US and NATOs plan for WW3 was "try to delay the Soviets for as long as possible in Germany and wait for the nukes to even the playing field" and you took both the critical US cold war allies like the UK, West Germany, France etc and its nuclear capacity, the US probably would have been screwed on land.
>>
>>33177805
Who would win? US Military circa 1865 or the British Military circa 1856?
>>
>>33177805
The US today would beat the US of 2048
>>
USSR
>>
File: Too young to die.gif (4MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Too young to die.gif
4MB, 320x240px
It grinds down to a complete standstill or goes back and forth until one side nukes the other.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.