[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

.41 Magnum thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: sw-29.jpg (68KB, 425x405px) Image search: [Google]
sw-29.jpg
68KB, 425x405px
So I was watching a Hickok45 video and he said that the reason that .41 Remington Magnum never took off was because nobody ever made a gun small enough for it. Is it possible today to make a J-frame sized revolver chambered for .41 Mag?
>>
got any guzzaline?
>>
Sure, if you want a 4 shot j-frame. .41 never took off because the factory ammunition as so often happens was not what it was intended to be,especially for a police round. It was all balls to the wall and stuck between .357 and .44mag.
>>
>>33176536
They already did its called the glock 20
>>
File: IMG_0156.jpg (21KB, 475x223px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0156.jpg
21KB, 475x223px
>>33178587
Basically this. .357 was already fully adopted as a "man stopper" and .44 magnum as a better hunting round. Not a whole lot of call for a heavier service revolver or a weaker hunting revolver.

FWIW Ruger makes a snubby .41 now if you insist on special snowflake carrying one.
>>
>>33176536
Real reason was .41 mag was newer than 44 mag and anyone who already had a .44 magnum did not need a .41 or they simply fell back to .357 magnum. But complaining about the weight of the handgun even if it shoots a slightly less energy but faster velocity round should never be an argument.
>>
The .41's failing was coming out too late. The .44 was already there and had a following. There is also no "special" chambering outside of wildcats.

If they could fit a 7th shot in an N frame or a 6th shot in an L frame it would make more sense.
>>
>>33176536
Talk about recoil.
>>
>>33176536
.41 magnum is basically just 10mm
>>
>>33179884
No, it's more powerful than 10mm. Some of the hot 10mm loads come close to the anemic 41 mag loads, but they are not the same.
>>
>>33180631

>anemic mag loads

can you pls explan what this means. google doesn't have anything
>>
>>33179050
I never understood the 44 or 357 mag approach
A lot of the guys involved in making the 44mag went back to 44special.
>>
>>33179884
The hottest 10mm out there doesn't even match the hottest .357 Magnum out there, much less .41 Magnum.
>>
>>33181654
Neither does the bullet weight of a .357 mag match the bullet weight of a 10mm....
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.