[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Taking a grill shooting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 1425573951037.jpg (641KB, 3532x1987px)
1425573951037.jpg
641KB, 3532x1987px
I met someone whose interested in going shooting. She's shot before, but I don't think she has much overall experience.

How should I go about showing her how to shoot, and not go uber-autist about form, and technique?

Firearms in question will be an A2 HBAR 20inch, and a 1911 (possibly an sks as well).
>>
Wear your SS uniform and correct her every mistake by yelling in German. Bitches love a man who takes charge.

Don't go uber autist, go uber Übermensch.
>>
>>33175154
>tfw she's German
I'm actually more concerned about making idle conversation in between target changes. She's really nice and all, and I'm socially awkward af.
>>
>>33175272
>I'm actually more concerned about making idle conversation in between target changes.
then this isn't a question for /k/ exactly
>>
>>33175061
Don't be super autistic about her shooting technique, just make sure she stays safe and offer pointers when she asks. It doesn't matter if she puts a full mag in the X ring if she's not having fun doing it because you're sperging out over breathing and trigger squeeze
>>
>>33175061
define interested
>>
>>33175061

You going to a public range or what?

I'd say, definitely use it as a chance to coach her and discuss with her the fundamentals of marksmanship and teach her what a good trigger pull is.. and illustrate to her how important it is.

Definitely use Shoot and See targets

Definitely coach her through the process of stance, sight alignment, and trigger pull.

Definitely advise her to take a low stance, bend at the waist (be an alpha and gently guide her waist into the right position with her manly fucking hands) and adapt a very low center of gravity.

She will likely do the "chick lean" with the rifle, have her shoot that at the bench. If she does the chick lean with a pistol, advise her that she is not actually moving her face away from the gun much, and instead, she needs to lean foward to control recoil.

I've taken like 500 people shooting for the first time over the years, more than half women. It is a good thing. If you can prove to this woman you're competent and not a dick, you can easily ask her out to get drinks and dinner afterwards, using your shared experience of shooting (her for the first time) as a conversation starting point.

Avoid talking politics or hentai
>>
>>33175061

Also, I'm assuming youre an above average shooter and not a total piece of shit.

WHOOPS!

Most shooters are fucking god awful and are in absolutely not place to be teaching. Teach yourself right fuckin quick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysa50-plo48
>>
File: 1451812653953.jpg (552KB, 1170x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1451812653953.jpg
552KB, 1170x1800px
>>33175061
The one thing I want in life more than anything else is to teach a qt girl how to shoot. If I could go on one range date and have it go reasonably well that would make me so happy
>>
File: 1454799997593.jpg (33KB, 352x472px) Image search: [Google]
1454799997593.jpg
33KB, 352x472px
>>33175325
>you're sperging out over breathing and trigger squeeze
>>33175352
>>33175352
>She will likely do the "chick lean" with the rifle, have her shoot that at the bench.
This. It will be at a public range, and it's mostly set up for benched shooting. But I just don't know what to in terms of guiding in a safe way.
>I've taken like 500 people shooting for the first time over the years, more than half women. It is a good thing. If you can prove to this woman you're competent and not a dick
Is there anything you'd suggest? When I go with the boys, we usually shoot the shit, and talk about guns and what other people are shooting. But I highly doubt I can do the same here.
>inb4 I didn't know you can own assault weapons!
>>
>>33175061
honestly don't talk about guns to much.

sure i'd love to talk to you about what the best twist rate for 62gr 5.56 round out of a 16" barrel is. but not every will instantly want to learn about this shit.

shooting is a great stress reliever ask her about her problem

if you are going to stand behing her to make sure she doesn't spin around and flag you after she shoots her first group, explain to her what you are doing and why before you do it.
>>
>>33175455
Sure you can talk about guns and what others are shooting. Get her interested.
>>
Stop being a bitch or you don't deserve her.
>>
Be sure to take your most powerful gun and laugh at her when she smacks herself in the face from limpwristing it. If youtube has taught me anything, it's that women love that. I mean there wouldn't be so many videos of that if they didn't, right?
>>
>>33175455

I'd keep it about her and her skills. If you can get her to learn the difference between a good clean trigger pull, and trigger jerk... she'll probably be shooting better than most of the men there. Build her up, and give her a sense of accomplishment and pride.

But then shoot better than her and demonstrate your mastery.

Start at 3-5 yards... focusing only on accuracy. If she is good, she might be able to get up to 7 yards, but for most people, if they can keep it on paper at 5 they are doing great.

People like talking about themselves. when you don't talk about guns ask her about her life, her world view, her friends, her experiences, and what type of positions she likes to take dick in.
>>
File: 600px-Fury_M3_(2).jpg (32KB, 600x248px) Image search: [Google]
600px-Fury_M3_(2).jpg
32KB, 600x248px
>>33175443
>teach a qt girl how to shoot
naw you killin... naw u ain't
>>
>>33175366
Not OP, but this is nice. I'm a new shooter
>>
>>33175272
Well you got this far so unless you intend on never taking to her you're just going to have to try it and adapt. If it doesn't work out try to learn from the experience and grow as a person.

I can kinda get where you're coming from though. I'm about to end a 4 year relationship and im dreading being single again. Best of luck man.
>>
>>33175366
>Todd Jarrett
I remember watching him burning thru a thousand rounds or something with this para.
>>
>>33175342
she wants the D
>>
>>33175061
Who is she, again?
>>
>>33179008
Classmate
>>
>>33175061
Charcoal or gas grill?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.