[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New VP9 variants in European market

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 10

File: 1488427833037.png (507KB, 1470x964px) Image search: [Google]
1488427833037.png
507KB, 1470x964px
So the Eurocucks got a few new VP9 variants. Assuming that they will be introduced to Freedomland in the not too distant future, what do you think of them?

Long slide = it has a longer slide

Subcompact = it's smaller

Optics Ready = has a cut out for an RMR

Marine = ???
>>
Bump. Anybody?
>>
>>33171739

Marine probably has that striker mod that works when wet.

Glock has a similar marine mod iirc.
>>
>>33171739
>>33172558

For a company that supposedly thinks we suck and hates us they've been doing a damn good job listening.
>>
>>33172558

yeah isnt that why mac turned his into a baseball? would not fire at all when wet?
>>
>>33172879
Tim turned his into a baseball because Canik offered him free trips to Turkey, free guns/gear and a better profit margin on their product, but HK only offered him the same deal they give other (very) small time dealers like him.
>>
Based HK

Still do not want. Fully cocked striker pistol no thanks.
>>
>>33171739
Why does hk like to make their trigger guards so that they can be broken by squeezing them between your fingers? In the age of sigs, is there any reason to settle for hk anymore?
>>
>>33171739
Walther PPQ in navy version has threaded barrel for silencer, so maybe marine ver. may be something similar.
Also, sexy as hell, 10/10 would buy if not poor
>>
>>33172904
this, Tim is a sales person, not a gun reviewer
>>
>>33172879
>would not fire at all when wet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJr453erCAc&t

The VP9 can pass a water test flawlessly. I don't know why this video isn't as popular as the mac one
>>
File: vp9 suppressed.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
vp9 suppressed.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>33173335
>I don't know why this video isn't as popular as the mac one

The airplane that lands safely without incident rarely makes the news
>>
>>33173335
holy SHIT that is brutal

Just 20+ min of VP9 being absolutely hatefucked.
>using soaking tulammo
>packing grit into the slide
>still locking back on empty
P30bro here and I've always been skeptical of my striker fired cousin. This video leaves me totally in awe though...
>>
>>33173335
Christ, is there a gun that actually doesn't fail those tests?!
>>
>>33172929
So show me all the broken ones. Since polymer is apparently made if glass
>>
File: 360_moonwalk.gif (34KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
360_moonwalk.gif
34KB, 300x200px
>>33173974

>running large backstrap
>not running large side plates
>backstrap hangs off sides

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK NIGGER
>>
>>33172598
>For a company that supposedly thinks we suck and hates us they've been doing a damn good job listening.
You'll note that these guns are for the European market only.

Maybe if they had rolled out a thumb safety variant from the beginning I'd have been mildly interested, but I just don't see a reason to get this over a P320 or M&P M2.0. The whole point of plastic striker pistols to me is utility/practicality, if I'm going to buy a snowflake HK it may as well have a hammer.
>>
>>33173335
>>33174265
>>33174407

MAC has since released vids of him testing two other VP9's using his "standardized" method, and they both failed.
>>
>>33172598
>listening to customer demands
>a good thing
It's all downhill from here.
>>
>>33171739
do the yurop guns shit the bed if they get damp?
>>
>>33178972
>You'll note that these guns are for the European market only.

The pictured guns are roll marked for Europe, because surprise surprise they are developed there, clearly they are coming to the states considering we are HKs biggest customer

>>33179004
Tim's test is fucking dumb and doesn't represent any reality, if it did we'd all be clamoring to buy that SIG knockoff AREX, but no one cares, for good reason
>>
>>33174407
the ARX
>>
File: 1486805021035.jpg (525KB, 1024x725px) Image search: [Google]
1486805021035.jpg
525KB, 1024x725px
>>33174265
>P30bro here

Your P30 passes a real torture test admirably.

https://pistol-training.com/archives/2668

>91,322 rounds
>13 stoppages, 0 malfunctions, 5 parts breakages
>test ended at: 91,622 rounds

I'm not an HKfag and don't own a single HK but they know what the fuck they're doing when they design handguns. From the MK23, HK45, USP, P2000, P30 and then the VP9. I laugh at retards that think the VP9 is a cheaper end HK.
>>
>>33179237
It is now 2017 yet no one seems to believe anyone but or HK or Glock can crank out a durable pistol, for some reason >>33168322
>>
>>33179297
Oh jesus christ it's the "muh beretta small perishable parts last 50,000 rounds" morons

go play in traffic
>>
File: 1463466049245.png (770KB, 936x602px) Image search: [Google]
1463466049245.png
770KB, 936x602px
>>33179297
Damn right.
>>
>>33171739
>European """"""""""""market""""""""""""
>>
>>33179367
>cherry picked groups

It's like you guys have no actual understanding of mechanical accuracy or how to legitimately measure it
>>
>>33179367
>a literally who with a gun that looks brand new claims to have shot x amount of rounds through gun to ensure next check
wow it's fucking nothing
>>
File: 1473597472774.jpg (46KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
1473597472774.jpg
46KB, 500x383px
>>33179415
>literally who
>>
>>33179448
So who is it?
>>
>>33179448
>muh veterans
>not literally whos
>>
>>33179466
Mike Pannone. A very well known and vetted instructor. Former Delta and Force Recon

http://www.ctt-solutions.com/about/mike-pannone/

But this is /k/ so he's a literally who lolololololol
>>
File: 81a29a6e.jpg (91KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
81a29a6e.jpg
91KB, 640x640px
>>33179415
>>33179448
>>33179466
>>33179471
>Mike Pannone is a former operational member of U.S. Marine Reconnaissance, Army Special Forces (Green Beret) and 1st SFOD-D (Delta) as well as a competition USPSA pistol shooter holding a Master class ranking in Limited, Limited-10 and Production divisions. He has participated in stabilization, combat and high-risk protection operations in support of U.S. policies throughout the world as both an active duty military member, and a civilian contractor. After sustaining a severe blast injury Mike retired from 1st SFOD-D and worked as a Primary Firearms Instructor for the Federal Air Marshal Program in Atlantic City and the head in-service instructor for the Seattle field office of the SENPAITACHI. He also worked as an independent contractor and advisor for various consulting companies to include SAIC (PSD Iraq), Triple Canopy (PSD Iraq), and The Wexford Group (Counter IED ground combat advisor Iraq and pre-deployment rifle/pistol/tactics instructor for the Asymmetric Warfare Group). Mike was also the Senior Instructor for Viking Tactics (VTAC), and Blackheart International. He started his own consulting company full time in late 2008.
>>
>>33179633
>A very well known and vetted instructor
>300 some odd instagram likes

Sounds like a nobody farming (You)s

Makes sense since he's shooting CZs lol
>>
>>33179640
I don't care how much real experience this dude has, he'll never be as experienced as anyone who posts on /k/
>>
>>33179378
There are more gun owners in Europe than you think, bud.

t. frog
>>
>>33180943
I know France lacks a domestic firearms market... are HKs like your "choice" brand over there? Do you guys every buy american?
>>
>>33180949
Glawks are the most popular handguns here (cheapest mags, easiest parts to find)
Sig and HK are seen as better quality. CZ in between.

We do buy american but here (in France at least), guns are generally twice as expensive as in the US.
i.e. a p226 is around 1300€
>>
>>33180967
But you guys probably don't give a shit about S&W or Ruger or Kahr right?
>>
>>33181002
Oh I didn't understand your question.
So yes, M&P 9/45 is popular but not that easy to find. Ruger Mark III/IV are available everywhere.
In France we have a limited amount of guns that the importers can "bring in". And they are divided into the ~300 gunshops we have here.

The problem is that the market is just full of Glocks, it's "cheap and reliable" so people care very little and just buy one, leaving not much room for other brands.
>>
>>33181002
Here's an example of handguns we can buy:
http://www.armurerie-lavaux.com/Armes-categorie-B/Armes-de-poing-Categorie-B/

Lavaux is the larget gunshop in France.
>>
>>33181034
>The problem is that the market is just full of Glocks, it's "cheap and reliable" so people care very little and just buy one, leaving not much room for other brands.

sounds about like the states francebro

So over here everyone always wants military shit or movie shit. What are the driving factors for handgun buys over there? do you guys have iconic movie guns like we do with the .44 magnum from dirty harry or the HK USP 45 from collateral?
>>
>>33181051
>http://www.armurerie-lavaux.com/Armes-categorie-B/Armes-de-poing-Categorie-B/
No FNH???
>>
File: man_5.jpg (25KB, 400x229px) Image search: [Google]
man_5.jpg
25KB, 400x229px
>>33181060
It depends... as I said the driving factor here would be price. A good handgun is worth once month of my salary so I'd rather get something useful that I like and not fuck around with money. My shooting range gives one advice to everyone buying they're first handgun: "buy glock if you're poor, buy CZ if you like precision"
The iconic gun would be the Manhurin MR73, old French police gun.

>>33181071
Lavaux doesn't; some other smaller gunshops do.
like this one: https://www.armureriebarraud.com/prestations-49.html
>>
>>33181096
>"buy glock if you're poor, buy CZ if you like precision"
That's very indicative of your "target shooting"gun culture - I do not mean that as offense, I'm just realizing you guys have different parameters.

Really cool, so can you guys buy "defensive" pistol ammunition like hollowpoints? What would happen if you shot a home invader with your target pistol?

It's so strange to me because I have carried a gun for 10 years now without any kind of permitting, I often bring guns in to my place of work and modify them on the clock while my boss watches and compliments me on weapon section choices. I'm a printer, by the way.
>>
>>33181164
>That's very indicative of your "target shooting"gun culture - I do not mean that as offense, I'm just realizing you guys have different parameters.

This. It's a very hobbyist kind of view to see Glocks as something "cheap", CZ's as accurate??

Glocks with OEM barrels are very accurate. You're talking out of your ass if you can't hit a target say a B-8 at 50yds with a stock Glock 19/17 then blame it on the barrel because it's not "as accurate".
>>
>>33181164
Imo it's only a "target shooting" culture as a front, especially now with the terrorist attacks. I see more and more combat guns and less precision or sport stuff. We're "slaves" to a government association for our right to keep our guns so we shouldn't piss them off for now.

>so can you guys buy "defensive" pistol ammunition like hollowpoints?
Sure.
>What would happen if you shot a home invader with your target pistol?
Self-defense laws are stupid. If the home invader had no intention to physically harm you (i.e he had no weapon of any kind) you're shit out of luck if you shoot him.

>>33181192
We almost exclusively shoot at 25 yards with handguns. Wouldn't want to compromise our chances at olympic shooting by being too close to the target, right?
>>
>>33181164
>>33181192
Well, there's a reason CZs and clones are so prevalent in competitive shooting. And Glocks look/feel like they should be sold in blister packs, so yeah...
>>
>>33181212
>Imo it's only a "target shooting" culture as a front, especially now with the terrorist attacks. I see more and more combat guns and less precision or sport stuff

Good for you , I encourage that and I hope you guys can build some political momentum!

>>so can you guys buy "defensive" pistol ammunition like hollowpoints?
Sure.
>What would happen if you shot a home invader with your target pistol?
Self-defense laws are stupid. If the home invader had no intention to physically harm you (i.e he had no weapon of any kind) you're shit out of luck if you shoot him.

Nice at least you can get the ammo, load your gun with it and keep it at home - justifying a defensive shooting sounds hard but honestly there are states in America where this would be a similar challenge (no one from /k/ wants to live in those states)

>We almost exclusively shoot at 25 yards with handguns. Wouldn't want to compromise our chances at olympic shooting by being too close to the target, right?

So you never do 7 yard bill drills or failure-to-stop drills or drawn from concealment and do contact range stuff?
>>
>>33181192
By the way, these are my gun range views on guns, not necessarily mine. They also meant "glocks are cheap" as a price factor.
G19 gen 4 is around 650€
SP01 Shadow is more like 1k.

I know, it's comparing apples to oranges but there is no "right to keep and bear arms" here so if people decide they don't want to do "sport shooting" anymore, they'd have to sell their guns away.
>>
>>33181239
>Good for you , I encourage that and I hope you guys can build some political momentum!
We're trying to. We've seen a massive increase in sport shooting applications since the attacks. Unfortunately, the gun ranges are limited in number of spots and can't accept everyone.

>So you never do 7 yard bill drills or failure-to-stop drills or drawn from concealment and do contact range stuff?
Sadly no. There are a few private organizations that can legally train you in combat shooting but it's pricy and not available everywhere. I would love to do that though.
Right now I'm stuck with static shooting at 25 yards.
>>
>>33181255
>Sadly no. There are a few private organizations that can legally train you in combat shooting but it's pricy and not available everywhere. I would love to do that though.
Right now I'm stuck with static shooting at 25 yards.

Damn, that would crush my soul. Pistol shooting only got interesting for me when I started to combine a timer, a holster and anatomically correct targets at realistic contact distances.

Are there actual laws saying you cannot train like that? Or is it just cultural pressure and the ranges only let you operate a certain way?

Even in America in many urban settings there are ranges that will not allow you to do dynamic shooting and only let you slow fire bulls eye.
>>
>>33181272
>Are there actual laws saying you cannot train like that? Or is it just cultural pressure and the ranges only let you operate a certain way?

There are no laws disallowing it but yes you're correct, it's more cultural and government pressure. It's not seen with a good eye honestly. The police and government agents sometimes come to inspect the range, especially now with the recent surge in applicants. They don't like anything out of the "sport shooting" context.
And since we're bound to the gun range to keep our guns, we'd rather stick to the rules...
Some more private ranges wouldn't mind but they don't really advertise their existence.

What's illegal is shooting in your backyard or private property, even if no one's around.

The easiest solution would be to apply to build a range and make your own rules, but it costs a lot of money and time.
>>
>>33181310
That is a strangely familiar "song and dance"b Frogbro.

In the USA, up until about 10-15 years ago we had a similiar cultural attitude with regards to defensive gun training.

I was too young to witness or understand the cultural conversion first hand, but somehow we were able to normalize the practice of training to kill other human beings.

I'll think on it in the hopes that I can codify, simplify or bring some kind of reductive frame of reference to the whole situation.
>>
>>33181363
It's gonna happen here too I believe. We had a strong gun culture before the government took away most of our rights in the 90s.

>I'll think on it in the hopes that I can codify, simplify or bring some kind of reductive frame of reference to the whole situation.
Alright.
>>
>>33181389
Yes you guys were straight up savage in france for years with all your crazy revolutions. Seriously you guys can brawl like no others, internally you guys are like self contained nuclear bombs within recent western history (IE: last 500 years)

You guys are like the original trouble makers and straight up murdering mercenaries.
>>
File: McMUDTEST.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
McMUDTEST.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
>>33179160

Don't you talk shit about the McMudd Test™.

It's the pinnacle of firearms testing.
>>
>>33178972
>The whole point of plastic striker pistols to me is utility/practicality, if I'm going to buy a snowflake HK it may as well have a hammer.

The HKs and VP9s are snowflake to you? Two of these guns are obviously designed for the US market
>>
>>33181229
Both CZs and are prevalent in the shooting sports and people know and have known how to get the best out of them for ages.
>>
>>33171739

So any news on the subcompact version?

That thing is sexy.
>>
File: ThisisGoingtobeGood.gif (482KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
ThisisGoingtobeGood.gif
482KB, 256x192px
>>33171739

When submerging it in water stops it from functioning; please re-think your system. VP9 is a trash.
>>
>>33183046
what is your response to this video

do you even have one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJr453erCAc&t
>>
>>33183201
When someone posts like that it's akin to squishy posting - it's a straight up ruse

back in my day trolling used to mean something
>>
>>33172929
Never heard this complaint before. Ever.

>>33179640
>head in-service instructor for the Seattle field office of the SENPAITACHI
laughed way harder than I should've
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.