[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tank shells

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 3.jpg (143KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
143KB, 1024x576px
>Starts with standard solid shot AP rounds
>Add HE filler need something to knock everything out when it goes in
>Add cap in order to increase penetration and advances in armor
>Add a ballistic cap for accuracy and helping to adjust penetration
>Make it go fast
>Go real fast
>Remove because fast
>must go faster
>make the round HE with a copper liner, copper liner goes super fast
>make a sabot to make a regular AP go super fast
>heat becomes negated because of advances in armor
>Now everyone is going back to shoving HE into an AP round and using it for doing everything that isn't taking out really hard mbt armor

Poetry.
>>
>>33171387
You didn't talk about HESH but yeah, I guess.
>>
>>33171486
hesh has always been garbo
>>
>>33171387
>>Now everyone is going back to shoving HE into an AP round and using it for doing everything that isn't taking out really hard mbt armor

What are you referring to here?
>>
>>33172288
https://www.army.mil/article/98946/Army_developing_new_120mm_AMP_tank_round

basically a APHEBC round for taking out light vehicles, bunkers, older tanks, demolition and infantry to replace the MPAT
>>
>>33172317

So "having an HE round" is now "going back" ?

Tanks have always had HE rounds. Did you think that they didn't? The very first rounds tanks fired were HE.
>>
>>33172358
I dont think you understand the difference between HE and APHE
>>
>>33172401

I don't think you actually thought this thread through before posting it.

You seem to think that tanks only had AP rounds until the US Army decided to replace the HE round they were already using with another HE round.
>>
>>33172417
>You seem to think that tanks only had AP rounds

Not in the slightest, you're simply being autistic at this point.
>>
>>33172434

That's the central point you appear to be making.

Maybe you should have actually thought about this thread *before* posting it.
>>
>>33172358
are you retarded?
>>
>>33172488
You're on /k/ and have to ask that?
>>
>>33172288
HEPD
>>
>>33171387

So the question is when we will have APACHERSHEATSICFISDSCCS Rounds?

>Armour Piercing Anti Concrete Heavy Explosive Rigid Squash Head Rocket Assisted Tracer Smoke Illuminating Chemical Fin Stabilized Discarding Shaped Charge Canister Shrapnel.

for you non military fags!!!
>>
>>33172883
sounds like a disease.

>Wanna go out?
>Nah bro, I got a HEPD outbreak going on
>>
File: 234456928.jpg (22KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
234456928.jpg
22KB, 640x480px
>>33173657

>tfw you thought as a kid that HESCO was some Umbrella tier virus making corporation.

Guess my face when i was told to fill hundreds of them with dirt.
>>
>>33171387
OP, are you aware that tanks can carry more than one type of ammunition? Sabots primarily meant for use against MBTs, HEAT and HE are carried for softer targets

For some reason americans decided to roll with just sabot and HEAT(MPAT) though
>>
File: 1486260695775.jpg (64KB, 800x536px) Image search: [Google]
1486260695775.jpg
64KB, 800x536px
>>33171486
>>33172285
ayy
>>
>>33174021
You are aware that the entire reason for making a round like AMP is so that you don't have to compromise on ammunition?
>>
>>33174021
>tank has finite room for ammo
>can either load it up with most commonly used or with a giant mismash of everything
>or you use a round that can be used in multiple situations

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.