[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Australian Man arrested for 3D printed imitation/replica guns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: these are not real btw.jpg (29KB, 300x511px) Image search: [Google]
these are not real btw.jpg
29KB, 300x511px
http://www.baka.com.au/nsw/extech-sicen-sun-made-replica-guns-in-lounge-room-using-3d-printer-court-hears-20170301-gunws8.html

An asian nerd with an affinity for CoD and NCIS gets arrested for 3D printing imitation guns...

The police commissioner says the most retarded thing in the video though:
"A persons who possesses this type of firearm(s) possesses them for one reason, and one reason only, uh and that is to commit criminal offenses and to commit badness"

Conclusion: If it's 3D printed and a gun IT IS EVIL

I was planning to make my own imitation guns for personal use, but this has put a wrench in the works for sure. I was even thinking about it around the same time this happened. The law is starting to become incredibly abrasive and I'm getting sick of this shit... Can't build what is in essence, an adult toy gun, with a 3D printer because of laws targeting 3D printing specifically. baka

Welcome to Australia.
>>
No Fun Allowed: The Country
>>
>>33170296
You may need to replace the url with "s m h" due to filters though... (Sydney Morning Herald"
>>
>>33170296
That police statement sums up our entire government system honestly

They don't know what the fuck they're doing and they're not even in it for good reasons, they just take control wherever and of whatever they can
>>
>>33170332
But anon, wouldn't you prefer to be robbed with a real gun?!

A pretend gun can only pretend kill, and that'd be really awkward for a robber.

>"bang. ur died."
>"o- oh. okay... i died nao"
>>
>>33170343
failsafe: ask the robber to shoot at a wall. you will then know if the gun can fire or not. if he shoots you instead, you die a hero lmao
>>
>>33170363
What if it's a real gun, but he got no bullets?
>>
File: 1488137862925.gif (330KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1488137862925.gif
330KB, 200x200px
>>33170296
You can still do it, the only reason they found out was because the idiot tried to sell one of them for $1M fucking dollars, what a retard. You could buy a real pistol on the black market for well under that price in Australia. Everything about that story is retarded.
>>
>>33170388
I looked at several other articles... The one mil $ price tag looks like shit, but he was selling several different guns at a roughly $200 price point on a Facebook "Military buy swap sell" page.

3D printing working guns is a meme though. A slam fired pipe gun would be more effective solution vs an expensive plastic turd.
>>
If these are non-functional models, what exactly is he being charged with?
>>
>>33170462
Any gun that isn't strictly a toy is prohibited.

Literally even if it is comically oversized and bright orange, if it is an accurate depiction of an existing firearm, it's illegal.

Also, CAD files are illegal, but I think that's just in NSW.
>>
>>33170296
No wonder you're a country of alcoholics.
>>
>>33170494
I.E ground zero for this man and unfortunately me as well, which makes it feel more personal. When overbearing laws and government start to interfere with what I want to do... I'd probably at best be able to bitch and moan and start a change.org campaign
>>
>>33170558
Just gotta maintain OPSEC nigga. Hypothetically if you had a 3D printer and were using it to do backyard lost PLA castings, as long as you keep smart about it, nobody's gonna know.

Just make sure you use a VPN for any firearm related research and CAD downloading, and use HTTPS whenever possible.

The greatest risk is the Internet, because of the sheer volume of breadcrumbs you're giving off, especially on websites with unique usernames, because that information can be publicly collated, whereas just browsing a forum or posting without a username, someone would really need access to the servers to collate it, so it can't be done easily by a third party, as it would need active cooperation from the site owner.

The most likely way you're gonna get caught is through electronic means, because the cost of collecting the massive amounts of data is so cheap compared with getting someone in a trenchcoat reading Pravda to follow you around. Comparatively, even carrying around a homemade gun in your backpack is probably safer than talking too much about it online.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.