[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seriously considering picking up one of pic related. Can any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: wm_1926227.jpg (94KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
wm_1926227.jpg
94KB, 800x600px
Seriously considering picking up one of pic related. Can any one tell me any real negatives? I love the gun but I don't want to have buyers remorse. I have wet dream's about the 5.7, but living in CuckadaI'm only going to have 10 round mags and I feel like high capacity is one of FNs main selling points. Is it viable for self defense or is the 5.7mm too high penetrating? I don't want to shoot my neighbors.
>>
File: 1486058580178.jpg (37KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
1486058580178.jpg
37KB, 500x496px
>>33170192
Also, in before .45 stronk
>>
>>33170198
Was about to say this. OP if you're limited to 10 round get a 10mm or .45 for stopping' powah. Actually, fuck 45, get a 10mm.
>>
>>33170207
I'm kind of banking on Mad Max getting into power in a couple of years and losing the mag restrictions. Plus, I'm so over the stopping power meme. I find it very hard to believe that any one will take a 5.7mm projectile into the sternum and not get the fuck out of my house.
>>
>>33170207
Can you suggest a good 10mm that's similar is size and ergos?
>>
File: IMG_0001.jpg (196KB, 1024x681px)
IMG_0001.jpg
196KB, 1024x681px
Anon it's a sweet gun. From the ballistics testing I've seen online you get some AP abilities and some how to round still penetrates around 12" after passing through barriers. I noticed that it always seamed to just barely underpenetrated through barriers and with bare gel. The round doesn't rely on expansion either it just tumbles. It's a sweet gun. SA trigger, super storm trooper looking all plastic outside etc. I don't think you'll get buyers remorse if you get one. Oh and don't forget its lighter than a g17 even when loaded.
>>
>>33170192
Since you're in California, I agree with anon >>33170207 that you'll want something that hits big. Maybe a mk 23, and feed it with 45 super.

I had a weird dream last night where I bought a 5.7. I woke up really bummed out because I thought I wasted a grand.
>>
>>33170280
*Canada
>>
>>33170270
This is how I feel but I hear alot of people saying it's an all hype meme gun, it worries me.
>>
>>33170192

The 5.7 round is known for lack of "stopping power" and has been rejected by the few forces that actually used it.... and that was in a p90. Coming out of a pistol, there is a lot of unburnt powder, so that tiny bullet doesn't get as much velocity and ends up being even weaker and shittier than in the P90.

I'm sure the pistol itself is well made as is the case with FN products, but it fires a really, really shitty round. I do not think it is at all viable for self defense, when considering it's lack of ability to stop a threat is what got it thrown out of service by most of the military groups that used it. and again.... that was with a much longer barrel. It would be a fun gun to own/shoot sure, but for self defense, you need to stay away from snowflake meme calibers and stick with the basics.

9mm, .40 s&w, .45ACP are all perfectly capable of self defense, the only REAL difference between them being which one has a recoil you like. they're all effectively the same in how much "damage" they do to a human body. don't buy in to the bullshit about 9mm weak, 45 stronk, etc.
>>
>>33170192
Super overpriced
Shitty trigger
Expensive ammo

Since we can't buy the full NATO spec ammo, the 5.7 is pointless for normal civilians.

The $1,200 price tag puts it in a category full of nicer guns.
>>
>>33170525
Most people here say it's an all hype gun because most of them can only hype about it and never use.

The 5.7 round that it fires was meant to be fired in large quantities, hence the 50 round mag on the p90. Ammo capacity is definitely one of the advantages of using this round, and since you're limited to 10 round magazines, there goes one advantage of the 5.7.

Your other advantage of the 5.7 is penetration, but for self defense, you're probably going to be shooting through an unarmored target. Unless you plan on shooting a home invader through a wall, there's really nothing that the 5.7 can do better than a 9mm or .45 in this case.

You can still get a 5.7 if you want one but there's cheaper and more effective weapons for self defense.
>>
Lol muh barrier penetration

What is 357 sig
>>
>>33170221
Aren't you guys not even allowed to shoot home intruders? Or am I misled
>>
>>33170836
You can shoot some one who is trying to kill you, but you're going to go to court and it's not gonna be a good time.
>>
File: IMG_20161101_194920.jpg (4MB, 2992x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161101_194920.jpg
4MB, 2992x4000px
>>33170192
I actually bought one. It's pretty sweet but has some drawbacks. Its a full size handgun for one also if you want a holster or accessories for it get ready to pay an arm and a leg for them. Overall I love my Five seven but if you want just one handgun get something else
>>
>>33170673
>>Shitty trigger
Is there any merit to this, or is anon just shilling?
>>
>>33170673
>>33171061
Shitty Trigger?
My five-seven has the nicest trigger out of any handgun I own. Light pull, crisp break, short reset...
>>
>>33170743
5.7x28 does not penetrate ANYTHING well besides armor.
In fact its the best round if you dont want to over-penetrate. In Gel tests it barely hits 14" deep, and it doesn't go through barriers well.
>>
>>33170546

>"stopping power"

Is this meme still a thing?
>>
Only down side is that the aftermarket threaded barrel is 300+
>>
>>33172856
Being from Canada, I won't have much use for that anyway
>>
>>33170874
Its why you make sure he's dead. Kinda hard for a dead guy to make a case
>>
>>33170192
do your typical home burglar wear much body armor?
>>
>>33170192
It's not a Glock 19. There's youre problem
>>
>>33173017
If you count cops as home intruders or you get caught in a north Hollywood shootout situation.
>>
>>33173017
Typically no, but if he is I guess you'd be some fucking glad you bought a 57 and not lol9mm
>>
Go handle it and see if you're okay with how cheap it feels.

Also what the hell is the point of a 5.7mm cartridge if you can only have 10 rounds...?
>>
File: D8OCjqI.jpg (735KB, 2208x1656px) Image search: [Google]
D8OCjqI.jpg
735KB, 2208x1656px
>>33170525
Anon if anything, take the ballistics out of the equation.

>light af
57 loaded weight: 26oz
g17 unloaded weight: 25oz
You'll be even lighter with 10 round mage
>sweet SA trigger
crips and clean unlike strikers.
>all plastic dumb ass proof exterior
>>
File: Sam_fisher.jpg (23KB, 340x295px) Image search: [Google]
Sam_fisher.jpg
23KB, 340x295px
>>33173310
Oh and how could I forget.

>MUH SAM FISHER

And they are known for being crazy accurate and easy to shoot tight as groups with.
>>
>>33170192
Can canacucks not use shotguns?
>>
>>33170546
>Coming out of a pistol, there is a lot of unburnt powder
We don't load with black powder anymore, dingus. There is just less time for the EXPANDING gas to push the projectile. And I don't think a pistol cartridge that does over 2K fps is a shitty round. The worst part about it is the price and availability. If I could plink with it as cheap as other pistol calibers then it would be even better because of the increased distance.
>>
>>33174883
Yes, but a shotgun isn't the right HD weapon for every one.
>>
>>33175202
Not if you live with anyone you care about
>>
>>33170192

it's probably the most fun range pistol on the market; it's a very functional/ergonomic pistol. 5.7 out of a pistol barrel isn't great in terms of ballistic performance, but you should probably just be using a cheap shotgun with 00 buck for home defense anyway. if this is gonna be a CC piece,'I'd probably just go for something in 9mm
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.