[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FFL - Federal Fuckup License

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

General firearm law thread I suppose.

I just got word that the dealer in question shipped my brand new poorfag-battle-rifle to my PREVIOUS residential address instead of to my FFL. Shit was signed for on delivery and has now vanished without a trace.

Wat do? Who stands to be reamed by the long hard dick of the law?
>>
>>33164394
>Who stands to be reamed by the long hard dick of the law?

Everyone involved, even your parents. This is the federal government we're speaking about.
>>
>>33164394
Well the dealer fucked up. It's on him as long as you gave him correct and up to date info.
>>
>>33164394
Who signed for it?
>>
Interesting. The dealer will get in trouble by ATF for shipping to non FFL. They will investigate all of his transactions going back a few years for any inconsistency/problems- if they find one, they will pull his license. They/FBI/Local PD will also investigate YOU and anyone who is currently living at the old address for any connection. If you have purchased a firearm in the passed couple years, they will look into it. If you're straight, you will be OK, but this situation may haunt you in the future when a NICS check is done.

The best thing you can hope for is for the rifle to be found and whoever signed for it to get busted- if they knowingly signed for an item that did not belong to them, they are fucked starting from theft up to FED crime, but they likely signed with a fake name. So hopefully the deliver guy can identify the recipient.

Good luck.
>>
>>33164649
>this situation may haunt you in the future when a NICS check is done
This man speaks the truth, of which I am unfortunately personally aware. One stupid FFL getting confused and telling NICS they were suspicious about my intentions (S/F/A-marked stripped lowers without an auto sear hole aren't fucking machine guns, you idiot!) brought me five fucking years of three-day waits.
>>
>>33164706
Sorry to hear that bud. Sometimes FFL are either too stupid or shady themselves. I avoid small time or homeshop FFLs. They may often play ignorant on the stuff they peddle just to make a buck.

Just know that it doesn't matter about your transaction with him, but if the guy did a shady deal, like say incorrectly logging a serial number, or model, OR say... selling a Springfield M14, yes a real Spingfield Armory M14 circa 1960's, the ATF will go through his entire books and scrutinize EVERY transaction and you can expect to have agents knocking on your door checking your rifles.
>>
>>33164472
The USS "X"
>>
>>33164868
>small time or homeshop FFLs
Yep. This was a formerly reliable local FFL run by an old AF vet who knew his stuff, but when his son (the idiot) took over he ran the place into the ground. I got out of the dirt eventually, just made for an annoying few years.
>>
>>33164394
You could try and go to your previous address and ask politely. That might be the less fucked option, if he shows aggression, call the local PD.
>>
>>33165830
No do not tip them off. Call your state police and the atf.
>>
>>33165830
DO NOT do this. Yes, aside from tipping off the thief, it may show possible conclusion if investigators learn about this. Also, fuck that shit about dealing with it personally and on civil terms. We are not talking about a Fleshlight, this is a firearm which has been stolen/transferred illegally, this is not only a State felony but a Federal crime. This is big boy shit now.
>>
>>33165830
Sounds like my brother who went to our old address at 11PM to try and get his mail. Don't do this.
>>
>>33166067
Meant *collusion... but even the hint of collusion may lead to investigators to the conclusion that YOU were involved in the illegal transfer of said firearm. When dealing with investigators, if it comes to that state any and all proof (emails, fax times, any txt communications with seller, etc )that you have that you sent the proper address of the FFL, and lay the blame entirely at their feet.
>>
>>33164394
As a previous FFL, let me tell you the ATF would LOVE to know what happened to that rifle since it was probably illegally signed and transfered. They'll give a knock on their door and give them some real threatening. You bet the ATF will get you gun back for sure
>>
I'm surprised nobody has asked how or why an FFL has an old address for you in the first place.
>>
>>33166081
Exactly.

Just think about what info we already know, the motherfucker who signed for it knowingly accepted a package that did not belong to him. He's a thief. Who knows what else he may be? A junky scumbag who is likely to use the very weapon he acquired to shoot you. This tough guy cowboy shit will get you killed.
>>
>>33166141

I'm more surprised that no one is calling OP a lying faggot.
>>
ITT: scumbags
>>
>>33166374
Regardless, I have heard this situation before. It is entirely plausible, and the info/advice(well, some of it) in this thread is sound.
>>
>>33164394
canadian here, can someone explain the purpose of an FFL? is that basically a PAL? i thought americans didnt need licenses to purchase?
>>
>>33166540
FFL is someone that is licensed to sell and transfer guns
>>
>>33166540
An FFL is a federally licensed firearms dealer. States have different laws that may or may not require certain firearms transfers be performed through an FFL who will run an NICS instant background check. Some States require handguns to be down through FFL. Some don't. Some require for non person-to-person sales. NYS requires ALL firearms sales to be through an FFL.

However, ALL interstate firearms sales are required by Fed law to be down thruough an FFL, that is, if you live in one State and purchase a firearm from another State, teh firearm MUST be shipped to the FFL dealer in your State to where you would go, fill out required paperwork and they perform an NICS (instant background check) with the FBI.

With respect to the OP, by the firearm being shipped to the home address and someone stealing it, that person is guilty of an illegal transfer of a firearm in addition to theft.

It's a serious matter.

Can you explain how it's done in Canada? Are the laws the same across Quebec, and other Provinces?
>>
>>33166540
Basically it's America's version of a PAL. Except not just anyone can get an FFL. You need to legitimately own a business with intent to do volume sales to get an FFL, and you need proof that you actually own/lease a storefront. If you're just a guy who wants to buy guns and have them shipped to his door (like those in canada with a PAL) you're out of luck.

Unless, of course, you like old guns, in which case you can get a C&R FFL. That requires a small fee, and you can only buy guns on a special registry. Still have to log sales, but it's much more lenient that a big boy FFL.
>>
>>33166705
AFAIK, in Canada once you get your PAL, guns can be shipped right to your door. I think it's the same across Canada.
>>
>>33166716

It's not like a PAL whatsoever.
>>
>>33164649
Usually mail fraud and other postal-related crimes are dealt with pretty harshly by governments too, disproportionately so, because a reliable and accurate postal service has been historically so critical to business and administration.

If the other guy is caught, he'll probably be sent to Guantanamo.
>>
File: 1488159397388.jpg (62KB, 800x800px)
1488159397388.jpg
62KB, 800x800px
>>33166067
>>
>>33164903
What does that mean?
>>
>>33167025
Bah, fuck you asshole. Go back to /pol/ you degenerate jackass.
>>
>>33167091
No one would be dumb enough to do that and Im sure LE is already on it. And if this guys really a criminal he probably already has a fun.

Also >>33166374
>>
I want to get an 03 ffl and im slightly confused about some stuff. Box one says actual address but im active military, do they want my home of record or the street address im physically at?
Otherwise its pretty straightforward
>>
>>33167246
The adddress you intend to do business from.
>>
why did the dealer ship it to your house? that seems like a big no no to me unless you already filled out your 4473?
>>
>>33167246
Poor b8.
>>
>>33167321
Thanks.

>>33167433
No bait, im a retard
>>
>>33167495
>No bait, im a retard

They let you carry a firearm? God help us.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.