[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EMS Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

Where the medics at? Lets share some stories where concealed carry would have been useful.
>4 am
>Tone drops
>Go piss
>Jump on the rig
>Seizure call in the ghetto side of town
>Recognize the address, Frequent flyer, Last time was BS, Dont expect much
>Get there, roll the stretcher to the door
>Tyrone and his homies are drunk and smoking weed, Inside of house smells like piss and shit
>Tyrone's moms is faking a seizure, Too obvious.
>despite the drunken fuckery, scene appears safe.
>That tension in the air you could cut with trauma sheers
>White powder on a mirror with razor blades
>O fak.jpg
>Despite my extreme annoyance, and exhaustion, I do my best to treat the patient as a professional.
>One of the nig nogs grabs me by the shoulder and rips me around to face him
>2 fucking inches from nigger nose
>"you got 2 minutes to help her white boy, before i kick your ass"
>I nod to try and appease him while my partner radios for police backup
>That does it
>Another nog grabs my partner by the collar and rips the radio from his hand
>"You snitchin' on us white boy?"
>scene is no longer safe, nigs getting agitated
>I drop my stethoscope and BP cuff, leaving it on the ladys arm. And run out the door, My partner breaks away and follows
>Two nigs follow us, running.
>I snatch the spare O2 tank from under the seat and toss it to my partner
>he whips around and brains one of the nogs.
>K fucking O
>Other nog stops a few feet as my partner readies to nail him to
>Police show up and draw guns, arrest the nigs, another rig called for the KO'd nig

What do you think, /k/? Should EMT's be allowed to carry a gun? Should life savers be permitted to take one if our own are in danger?

I fucking think so.
>>
>>33162476

I think EMTs and hospital staff should be allowed to carry. The other day we had some one pull a knife on one of our triage nurses, tried to stab her. Security is no help either. Almost a 400 bed hospital, we got like 4 guards for the whole place.

Only reason why the guy was able to be subdued, is cause there was two cops who were dropping off a drunk, were able to quickly step in.
>>
>>33162476
>Should EMT's be allowed to carry a gun?
You got damn right, how are you not carrying already?!
>>
File: 1483911613648.jpg (43KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1483911613648.jpg
43KB, 900x900px
>>33162600
Jew york rules.
>>
>>33162646

It's okay, a lot of places have a policy that don't allow EMTs to carry.
>>
>>33162692
Its looking like some states have moved forward with it. Certain agencies in Michigan have allowed EMS to carry.
>>
>>33162724
I think more states should allow fire and emt to carry. I've been dispatched twice to an ambulance getting shot at because hood 1 shot hood 2 and didn't want him surviving.

I just feel bad that they get put in high risk situations and we aren't able to get there right away. That's why now when I hear an emt or an engine is dispatched in my area, I patrol the adjacent neighborhoods until I know they don't need me.
>>
We've had Fire/Rescue robbed at gunpoint while checking hydrants in the hood

>305 life
>>
File: images (2).jpg (9KB, 790x186px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
9KB, 790x186px
>>33162476
Maybe an 870 in the a ambulance, carrying one whilst patching someone up might lead to an accidental discharge or pissed soccermoms
>>
>>33162923
This
Scenes are hectic enough as it is
The last thing we need on scene is a goddamn weapon - I trust myself to CCW all day, but goddamn would it get in the way during basic bullshit run of the mill calls, and escalate so many other bullshit calls.
>>
>>33162844
Good man. I used to work in a mental hospital and had a frequent flyer who typically came in for trying to stab emt or fire while she was doing whatever bullshit that was in her head. After she actually stabbed a emt I made damn sure she never slept and was fully agitated prior to her prerelease interviews.
>>
>>33162844
Good man anon.
I respect you
>>
File: Cheeseburgers.jpg (13KB, 200x240px) Image search: [Google]
Cheeseburgers.jpg
13KB, 200x240px
>>33162476
Just have a guy on discharge with benefits follow you around in the box. Rent-A-Soldier, you don't even have to pay him because Uncle Sam is covering him for a strained pinky toe or something.
My story.
>randomly see EMS friend in parking lot
>pull in and shoot the shit for a bit
>hear rattling behind us like someone messing with the door
>both turn and see pic related messing with latches
>"ay yo you got dem keys man, I just need some painpills"
>politely tell him to fuck off
>pulls a rusted to shit butter knife
>I pull a 1911 out of my overalls and wiggle it around
>crackhead tactically shits pants and runs off
>buy EMS buddy a blizzard later that night when he gets off
It was a good day.
>>
>>33162940
I agree
Were medics, Nor a paramilitary force. Leave the long guns to the police. I just want a compact 9mm or snub nose in my jacket or boot.
>>
File: 1486236423458.png (95KB, 228x404px) Image search: [Google]
1486236423458.png
95KB, 228x404px
/op/ here with an unrelated but funny call
>be on the scene of a car wreck
>White Minivan jumped the concrete divider on a construction site and landed 30 yards innawoods
>Father was ejected, DOA, Mother and young son batterd but not broken.
>Father hit another tree when ejected, and lost his arm
>Me and an EMT student were looking for his arm
>Looking, Looking, for a solid 20 minutes, cant find anything
>MFW my bowels awaken
>instantly regret eating taco bell for dinner
>crouch behind tree, rip pants down
>shit with the fury of a thousand suns
>feelsgoodman.jpg
> wipe with grass
>grass is bloody
>wat.png
>look down and see my shit pile right on the palm of the hand of the lost limb
>omfg
>grab bloody end and run for the drainage ditch on side of highway
>Water there
>thank god
>stick hand in water and swish it violently
>sucessfully clean the shit
>phew
>Place limb in bag and head back to ambulance, slapped the limb down ontop of the body bag and never tell anyone
I think that was my most autistic moment on the rig.
>>
>>33163172
holy shit thats bad
>>
>>33162476
EMT but no cool stories to share related to this, we're not allowed to but most of us do.
>>
>>33163172
>not looking before you squat innawoods
It's like you want your nuts bit by pine snake.
>>
>>33163279
your not violating HIPPA if you dont give out medical details
>>
>>33163311
I would have rather pine snake nut bite than severed limb open shitpalm.
>>
>>33163312
i know, i just work in a boring county ;-;
>>
>Canuck
>Street doctor (Paramedic)
>2am call to general wellness
>Head to what we call mini compton (all goverment housing)
>Chimps everywhere outside
>Call for PD eta 5 mins
>Head in little old lady took a spill help her back into bed. Convince her she doesn't need to go to hospital.
>Tuck her in, give her warm milk, read her a bed time story usually 911 abuse bullshit
>Come out the chimps are checking out "our whip"
>Tell them they should leave
>They call me cracker, whitey, IDGAF I make more then them in a week then they do all year
>Chimp litterally in the back of our bus with a screw driver prying at our drug box
>Grab him and throw him out
>PD shows up like the tards they are after everything

Such is life go back to base and sleep
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.