[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on the Ruger American Compact 9mm? Looking at one of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 8639.jpg (27KB, 475x350px) Image search: [Google]
8639.jpg
27KB, 475x350px
Thoughts on the Ruger American Compact 9mm? Looking at one of these as a potential EDC.
>>
>>33162236
buy a glock 19

not trying to be a brand where but you'll end up spending the same money and you'll have a hell of a lot easier of a time finding holsters/accessories for it

also safeties are fucking disgusting on striker carry guns, don't get that shit
>>
>>33162283
Hmm I've been looking into the Glock, but I can find the American for cheaper (and it has a pro model without a safety, this is just a stock photo), and it's a bit smaller
>>
>>33162236
get it and let us know how much it sucks OP
>>
>>33162484
Shit man, I can give you a rundown of how much the Bersa I'm trying to replace sucks
>>
>>33162236
Its good. Dont listen to >>33162283
The ruger is cheaper, has a better finish, has all steel parts, a thicker barrel, better sights, and a better stock trigger.

400$ for a ruger, or 500$ for a glock and an extra 100$ to get better sights and fix the trigger.
>>
>>33162622
I'm trying to track down a rental to try myself, but have you shot one? If so, how does it shoot?
>>
>>33162662
I have the full size and its my HD gun. Sort of wish i waited for the compact, but i didnt know it was gonna be released the fast. I havnt had any issues with mine. If you go on youtube a couple of dudes did a ridiculous torture test on it. Also ignore the MAC review, every other reviewer said he was full of shit with the "knuckle bite." Its a smooth shooter
>>
>>33162283
Why? A full cocked striker is the same shit as a hammer cocked and locked and I bet you would flip your fucking lid for cocked and unlocked 1911

I love how no guns think striker is automatically perfect and safe. It's the same shit functionally.
>>
>>33163758
I think it has to do with the fact that an external hammer can be accidentally engaged under the right conditions, whereas thats a little more difficult than with an internal striker. Also most single action triggers are a tad lighter and shorter than striker.

So in theory he's right, but in practice yeah there's really not too much of a difference.
>>
>>33163957
Literally how are you going to accidentally engage a hammer?

And yes most strikers are heavier but not all especially not those that are fully cocked
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.