[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chinese Laser can kill light vehicles at long range

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 18

File: silent_hunter_laser.jpg (53KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
silent_hunter_laser.jpg
53KB, 600x450px
http://www.popsci.com/china-new-weapons-lasers-drones-tanks

>The Silent Hunter laser is powerful enough to cut through light vehicle armor at up to a kilometer away, making you wonder if China already has more powerful laser weapons only for domestic use.

>Let's start with lasers. Poly Technologies showed off The Silent Hunter, one of the world's most powerful laser weapons. It claims an output of at least 50-70 kilowatts, which would make it more powerful than the 33-kilowatt laser weapon systems (LaWS) currently deployed on the USS Ponce. The laser is probably based on a smaller anti-drone laser, the Low Altitude Guard. That's enough to knock out automobiles by burning out their engines from over a mile away, as the 30-kilowatt Lockheed Martin ATHENA laser demonstrated in 2015.

>The Silent Hunter uses fibre optic lasers (fibre optics doped with rare earth minerals), which provide weight savings over chemical lasers through increasing optical gain by kilometers of coiled fibre optics (as opposed to bulky chemical lasers). The Silent Hunter is likely to be scaled up and equipped with radars to complement its optical/infrared tracking system, making it a capable close range defense system against enemy missiles, artillery, drones and aircraft.
>>
File: C5bxVCWUoAAvKDK.jpg (24KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
C5bxVCWUoAAvKDK.jpg
24KB, 600x337px
>
Whereas LASS is designed to defend against large numbers of slow unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), Silent Hunter's laser is credited with being able to penetrate five layers of 2 mm steel at 800 m, or 5 mm of steel at 1,000 m.
>>
File: C5bxWwkU8AEB5w8.jpg (42KB, 600x359px) Image search: [Google]
C5bxWwkU8AEB5w8.jpg
42KB, 600x359px
>>33161573
>>
>USA having tech superiority over China
>Ever
>>
General rule of Chicom tech: Anything shown at an expo with english-written name is shit or a propaganda weapon
>>
>>33161671
Rule is actually: Whatever is offered for export is usually the failed contender in the PLA trials and domestic systems are at least 50 per cent more effective.
>>
>the fiddies were right all along

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2017/02/15/asia-pacific/chinese-weapons-warplanes-reaching-near-parity-west-study/
>>
>>33161552
>fiber optics with rare earth elements

Feels good to know that China has the biggest rare earth industry.

China is well equipped for all the future weapons to come.
>>
>>33161552
>raser*
Ftfy
>>
Polytech AKs available in the US when?
>>
>>
>>33161863
>Polytech plasma rifle in the 40 watt range available in the US when
>>
Wonder why they never do demo videos of this stuff like we do.
>>
>>33161760
Not even man, the majority of their air force is J-8s and J-7s.
>>
>>33161888
This anon gets it
>>
File: 1483607667334.jpg (170KB, 483x713px) Image search: [Google]
1483607667334.jpg
170KB, 483x713px
>>33161661

So superior that Tom Clancy ripped off their military news for his video games!

Oh wait...
>>
>>33161934
wrong. Pick up a book once in a while and read the PLAAF ORBAT.
>>
>>33161671
Wrong
>>33161701
Right
>>
>>33161552
Interesting, seems not to be a coincident that PLA analysts said that they will hard-kill THAAD with lasers and directed energy weapons once war breaks out.
Guess that the PLA indeed has better stuff than expected.

>Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson Geng Shuang on Tuesday warned South Korea on THAAD. "China is firm in its resolve to oppose the deployment of THAAD in South Korea and will resolutely take necessary actions to safeguard its own security interests," he said.

>"Once the system has been deployed, Seongju county will appear on the list of the PLA missile system's strike targets," said Song Zhongping, a military expert who used to serve in the Second Artillery Corps (now the PLA Rocket Force).

>The main threat is its X-band radar which can monitor China's military deployment and missile-launch, which will seriously undermine China's nuclear deterrence, Song said.

>But of course, China will not launch an attack in peacetime, but China has various measures to destroy it in the event of a war on the Korean Peninsula, so it will not pose a threat to China during the war period, Song said.

>"In peacetime, China also has measures to counter the THAAD system, for instance, making it 'blind,' which is very easy. The PLA is entirely capable of doing that," Peng Guangqian, a military strategist at the People's Liberation Army (PLA) Academy of Military Science, told the Global Times on Tuesday.

>"Making it 'blind' is a choice, but it will require damaging or even destroying THAAD's radar system, so this is a 'hard measure,' normally implemented by a directed-energy weapon or laser weapon," Song said.
>>
L A R G E R
A
R
G
E
R
>>
File: CH av c Air et Marine.png (44KB, 762x940px) Image search: [Google]
CH av c Air et Marine.png
44KB, 762x940px
>>33161934
Actually, China is half J-7/8 and half 4th gen.
>>
>>33161953
But I have anon, I suggest you do the same

https://www.amazon.com/Flashpoint-China-Chinese-Regional-Balance/dp/0985455489

https://www.amazon.com/Modern-Chinese-Warplanes-Aircraft-Aviation/dp/0985455403/ref=pd_sbs_14_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=WJRASMVJJVS93718G040
>>
>>33161998
Still, the other half is more than any of the regional allies of the US in Asia.

And they are also better and have better weapons.
>>
>>33161949

god damn that game was disappointing
>>
File: whatexactlydomyeyespercieve.jpg (75KB, 400x376px) Image search: [Google]
whatexactlydomyeyespercieve.jpg
75KB, 400x376px
>>33161967
>get within 20nm so you can blind a THAAD radar with a DEW
>so you can then fire ballistic missiles at the area from 2,000 miles away
>>
>>33162046
Good thing we're not talking about them then.
>>
>>33161888
Hey buddy just what you see.
>>
>>33161967
Do these fucking chimps think we just plop THAADs in random places and say "fuck it no point in defending this"?
>>
>>33161552
Lasers are cool until you realize that you can just use special paint to block the attack.
>>
>>33161552
http://www.geek.com/geek-cetera/navys-record-breaking-laser-burns-through-20-feet-of-steel-per-second-1316313/

Welcome to 2011
>>
File: wrong.jpg (27KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.jpg
27KB, 720x720px
>>33164083
>>
>>33161967
So it's America's interconnected missile-based platforms versus Chinese laser weapons?

Should be an interesting fight.

I'm curious to see what the US response will be.
>>
>>33164164
m-m-m-mirrors

-said Donald J Trump as he panted in heavy exertion.
>>
>>33164164
None.
Wait until they get cocky and give them a casus belli, then unleash the supertech that would cause the US to be considered a Type I civilization in the Kardashev scale in it's own right and wipe the floor with them.
>>
>>33164242
>muh supertech!
>US Type 1
>wipe the flooarr

dumb shit.
>>
>>33164112
They ready have anti-laser paint for radar. I'd imagine anti-laser paint for combat is under development.
>>
>>33164506
Not possible

You would need a perfect mirror finish to reflect the laser. Any imperfections would cause the laser to burn through in seconds.

We can't even make mirrors out of any material that are perfectly reflective.
>>
>>33161949
Endwar was made by chinks though.
>>
>>33164090
>Free electron laser
>14kW with excessive waste heat

Into the garbage can it goes.

China did the right thing in using fiber lasers. Civilian applications are already mature for decades, and military adoption would be faster.
>>
>>33161888
You don't NEED high capacity batteries.
>>
Is there any footage of it in use?

Exactly how fast can it do this damage?

I would image there are several ways to counter this weapon that are nearly effortless.

More interested in the tank to be honest.
>>
>>33164950
Look for IDEX2017 videos by navy reco on jewtube.
>>
File: 1487525399001.jpg (927KB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1487525399001.jpg
927KB, 1920x1920px
>>33164285
>muh razers!!1
>muh meme technology that ussr and usa have had for decades!
50 cent is hilarious.
>>
>>33161888
I feel like with current politics energy weapons would be heavily regulated
>>
File: 1485036704235.jpg (132KB, 599x846px) Image search: [Google]
1485036704235.jpg
132KB, 599x846px
>>33161888
> YOULL BURN THE MEAT TO A CRISP
>>
>>33164950
>I would image there are several ways to counter this weapon that are nearly effortless.
>image
>image
>image
>effortless

Yes, it's just you IMAGINING things.
>>
>>33161888
>40W
you can't do shit with that, you need at least 10kW before anything interesting happens.
>>
>>33164164
I sure hope Japan would soon develop a drifting missile. Panda paint scheme too.
>>
>>33164870
SHALL
>>
>>33161552
hahaha, these propaganda threads really should teach people a few things:
First China wants to be thought of as technologically capable
Second, China cannot compete on the arms trading market, despite all of their offered weapons having lower price and higher "quality" and "specifications"
Third, Chinese firms have to be overstating their technological capability or else the second point wouldn't exist
Fourth, China has just recently mastered making a ballpoint pen, so why should we believe they have mastered *Insert random BS weapon just announced*
Fifth, in order to convince their market that their equipment is realistic, they will announce a new weapon which is a kockoff of either a US or Russian weapon system, and claim their systems is at least 33% better than the foreign version.

>>33161701
nope. everything Chinese has less capable stats then posted. For example see when they posted a 18:1 penetration to diameter ratio for their new ATGM, despite that being physically impossible with the explosive and penetrator material. Or when the HQ-9, which has better quoted stats than the PAC-2 or the S-300, lost to both missiles in Turkish trials. Currently the largest buyer of Chinese equipment outside of China is Sudan, where when compared against the soviet equipment it is replacing it is almost as effective. Meaning China's latest and greatest export weapons are slightly less effective than the USSRs last generation of export systems.

>>33164594
not necessary, look up total external reflection.
>>
>>33165944
Wow, butthurt Jap from int is here.

Almost nothing you say is true.

As for the largest Chinese customer, check Saudi Arabia and UAE. They bought a shitload of Chinese drones recently.

But enjoy your alternative facts, if it helps you sleep.
>>
>>33165993
> Wow, butthurt Jap from int is here.
>
> Almost nothing you say is true.
>
> As for the largest Chinese customer, check >Saudi Arabia and UAE. They bought a shitload >of Chinese drones recently.
>
> But enjoy your alternative facts, if it helps you >sleep.
>
>
says the butthurt Chinese who isnt around here.
according to SIPRI, China sold 6.2% of the arms traded on the global market, and their largest customer was: SUDAN.
>>
>>33165829
BE
>>
File: m2.jpg (468KB, 2160x1620px) Image search: [Google]
m2.jpg
468KB, 2160x1620px
>>33165944
>Second, China cannot compete on the arms trading market
China is 3rd place and growing fast. Another important thing China grows in areas where developed countries thought that they have uncontested monopoly.
>>
File: 1482269319197 (1).jpg (48KB, 311x431px) Image search: [Google]
1482269319197 (1).jpg
48KB, 311x431px
>>33164164
>I'm curious to see what the US response will be.

Negotiating a trade deal with India that ships most offshore production there, and slaps some extreme tariffs on China for corporate and industrial espionage of both domestic and government entities, as well as blatant disregard for patent and copyright laws.

China has no merit beyond cheap labor, we should not be helping Chinese Communists build their army.
>>
>>33166214
>China has no merit beyond cheap labor, we should not be helping Chinese Communists build their army.
Good insight. But too late. You feed that dragon now you can't put him back into egg. History repeats itself. USA build industry for USSR in 20-30s. And US did the same for China. Again.
>>
>>33166303
>idz doo laddee!

Lies.
>>
>>33166187
3rd place is 6.2% of the market. Just a little ahead of Germany's 6% and Frances 5.8%. We shall see if this is sustained, or a momentary blip. To take it as inevitable is to fail to understand just how complex the international arms market is, and just how poor of a reputation their weapons have. Once they start winning competitions like Turkeys, then I will give them some credit.
>>
>>33166214
you've never done business with Indian Indians, have you? Let me put it this way:
There is a reason for their lackluster advancement in military technology.
>>
>>33166303
>History repeats itself. USA build industry for USSR in 20-30s. And US did the same for China. Again.
As you say history repeats itself. So pray tell what happened to the USSR? It collapsed due to internal tensions just like China probably will. Remember China spends more than double their military budget on pacifying their own populace, meaning the Communist party thinks China citizens are the largest threat to communist China.
>>
>>33165944
>despite that being physically impossible with the explosive and penetrator material.
According to dumbshits on 4chan.

>lost to both missiles in Turkish trials
Strategic SAM purchases are political, and you don't know the terms of the ToT.

Listen you chucklefuck, I know you're poor, but getting a "free" "education" on 4chan is not productive. Consider going to the library instead.
>>
>>33167980
Word is China is the same way, except they are crooks and thieves.
>>
>>33167953
>Once they start winning competitions like Turkeys
>Turkey
lol
>then I will give them some credit.
>I will give them
lol who the fuck are you?

Get fucking real. Don't believe your own shiposts, retard.
>>
>>33168028
>Word is
whose word? Anons on 4chan? Fuck you're stupid. There is a REASON why people buy Chinese goods.
>>
>>33161949
Funnily enough I just finished another campaign with that game but holy shit does it have some issues

>infantry permanently dismounting IFVs/buildings

>AI instantly nukes any three units near one another even if it can't see them

>AI can upgrade his units two levels faster than you

>unless you completely remove a faction from the map you'll be stuck in eternal win-lose-win-lose gameplay thanks to two factions fighting you at once

EW2 when
>>
File: 1485942040264.jpg (128KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1485942040264.jpg
128KB, 900x900px
>>33168045
It is every bit as good as yours.
>>
>>33168010
>>33168034
you must be the samefag who started this whole bait thread.
>According to dumbshits on 4chan.
says literally every source on the capabilites of every ATGM that is currently published, so unless you believe in propaganda you would never believe that 18:1 crap..... oh wait I repeat myself.

>Strategic SAM purchases are political, and you don't know the terms of the ToT.
sure, and that is claimed in literally every deal that falls through, but if China's claims of a third the price, 33% better specs, then it would have far more than 6.2% of the world market of arms.
>Listen you chucklefuck, I know you're poor, but getting a "free" "education" on 4chan is not productive. Consider going to the library instead.
Please post one single non-chinese source for the PRCs BS claims. Oh wait, you cannot. SO shut the fuck up.

>lol who the fuck are you?
who the fuck are you? Oh wait, you're mister chang arent you.
>>
It just means that anti laser armor will start being developed soon. Just another weapon. Lasers are also very easy to spot with automated systems.
>>
>>33168068
>It is every bit as good as yours.
lol, if you think that's the case, you need to get your head checked.
>>
>>33168275
>I-I-I-I'm smart, shuddup
>cry

Fuck you're dumb. Typical k/unt.
>>
>>33168350
>says the anon
>>
>>33161552
I know I'm late to the party guys, but I wanted to remind everyone that we had a public testbed for a megawatt laser and targeting system that we've already thrown away for better equipment.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_YAL-1
>>
>>33168476
Also, here is an interview with the chief engineer and director of Lockheed Martin's directed energy systems division. He talks about manufacturing a 60kw-120kw energy systems currently with possibilities of 100kw-300kw weapons systems as soon as 2022.

https://defensesystems.com/articles/2016/06/30/shattuck-directed-energy-great-leap-forward.aspx?m=1
>>
>>33161552
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/24/fox-news-investigation-dod-funded-school-at-center-federal-probes-o

anybody else hear about the chinese colonel who heads up a pla intelligence gathering operation in the US disguised as a university?
>>
>>33161967
china says dont deploy thaad
sorks deploy thaad
china says thaad is viable target in war on the peninsula
aka
we push the north to fuck you guys up for a bit, destroy this thing
then sue for peace after a really heavy but brief military engagement that would fuck up half of S Korea

god you know I dont ask you for much anymore.... but if you could
>>
>>33166185
MEATY
>>
>>33168476
>>33168550
>>33168679
This kills the chink shill.
>>
>>33168809
funny, there is not a SINGLE chinese national in this thread.
>>
>>33168853
Isn't 4chan inaccessible in China? You're statement would undoubtedly be true if that were the case.
>>
>>33168809
you wanna shut down the chink shills? just lay out the truth for them

South China Seas escalation, naval war between US and China as well as regional partners: limited
>china either steps over the line and takes some bait the US has been provocative about in the I WISH A NIGGA WOULD category
>naval and air assets get scrambled
>limited skirmishes in a tightening noose of engagement
>everything just gets pushed further and further back towards chinese mainland
>constant contact between US and China on levels of escalation
>they dont meet a deadline or do something stupid
>80% vs 20% losses of chinese navy and air assets to whatever poor bastards got left in the open for them to whack

or USA VS CHINA ww3 edition
>shit goes down
>chinese communist party is basically a backstabbing group of mafia members and aristocratic families fighting for superiority
>maybe 20% hardline
>US has back channel negotiations with all of the effected parties including india, russia, whoever else has a dog in the fight
>20% hard liners get sold out, general shang tsung comes out as the glorious savior of the chinese people for putting an end to their irresponsible war of aggression
>anyone with brains was already on the US payroll and now they just cemented power

they dont have a samson option. they dont have a MAD option. the entire government is atomically corrupt. the only reason they sabre rattle is because thats what gets you advanced and paid.
the second it costs the chinese commanders their ass and sucking US dick pays more they will flip faster than their tiny gymnasts.
>>
>>33168922
Holy shit, this level of delusion can't be healthy.
>>
>>33169447
whats the cantonese word for delusion?
>>
>>33169475
There is no difference in written form between the different Chinese dialects. It's ok, we can use English.
>>
>>33168888
4chan works in China, m'dude
>>
>>33161949
>Fuck you, Germany
>Fuck you too Faroe Islands
>>
Put a high powered laser in space, get ready to wreck a ton of satellites really fast.
>>
File: waifu.jpg (3KB, 93x125px) Image search: [Google]
waifu.jpg
3KB, 93x125px
>>33169542
>>33169482
>>33169447
>>33169447
okay so we have admitted chinese stronk posters here.
please refute the oversimplified american jingoistic bullshit I spouted off
but then also read this
http://www.economist.com/news/china/21660257-china-nets-its-most-senior-army-general-yet-xi-jinpings-fight-against-corruption-military
and
http://thediplomat.com/2016/07/chinese-ex-general-gets-life-in-prison-for-corruption/
also
http://thediplomat.com/2014/02/the-chinese-militarys-toughest-opponent-corruption/
also
http://www.scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy-defence/article/2011910/crackdown-pla-corruption-targets-former-regional
also
http://nationalinterest.org/feature/why-xi-purging-the-chinese-military-15795
also
http://www.businessinsider.com/r-china-military-says-some-not-taking-graft-fight-seriously-2015-5
also
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-corruption-idUSKCN0Q704I20150802

or do multiple verified sources of internal documents leaked about how the PLA would sell out the entire country for another time share in Vancouver BC not stand up?

>I think I may have gotten a few fiddy centers killed for sedition by posting this guys
>>
>>33169763
oh so now china stronk has disspeared.
whelp, I guess that's the end of that chapter.

at least the russians are aware of how they would get rekt and are committed to at least breaking a few bones before they get completely destroyed without any recourse other than to lash out as fiercely as they can before they get taken care of.
thats at least honest.
>>
>>33169827
Relax friend, I just wanted to correct a statement that was made in the thread. There's no clear rules on what gets blocked, but I'm pretty sure the CCP mainly cares about search engines or things with "common carrier" status.

I think it's bullshit, but I have to deal with it when I travel there for business. Having a VPN helps, and I'm pretty sure they do it by blacklisting DNS records.
>>
>>33164164

>caldari vs amarr irl

what a time to be alove
>>
>>33161552
33-kilowatt laser.

I would get fired but i could post better shit from our lab in yuropland.

Its nothing special in 2017
>>
>>33170004
Europe is on the forefront of technological development, so it is no surprise we have better.

It is just the Americans and Chinese pretending they are on top.
>>
>>33161814
I don't know much about rare earth bullshit but from what I do know, there are a shit ton in space so it doesnt matter about chin having more. We moon weapons now nigga
>>
>>33168028
nigga please

I live in China and work in a Chinese office they are the worst in the world to do businesses with

all corrupt and you have to bribe your way into any arrangement
>>
>>33168809
>>33168853
I'm chinese
>>
>>33169447
Diffrent poster but it seems plausible that China is just a corrupt shithole. Its nice to think the US could buy our way out of WW3. Also look at Iran and North Korea. 2 non nuke states who constantly sabre rattle and they get big benefits out of empty saber rattling. That is the best course of action for a shitty country who cant actually defend itself.
>>
>>33167953
I consider winning submarine and tank deals in Thailand to be already very telling of their sophistication.
They are a long time US ally and still chose Chinese.
>>
>>33169763
Xi Jinping is doing the right thing to purge corruption. And these cases get exposed, because he is successful with that.
If you really knew anything about Chinese politics and elite discourse, you should know that at this moment, the war hawks are pretty strong and they push successfully for a massive increase in nuclear armament. And China Underground Great Wall is still being expanded after 40 years of ongoing construction.

You are quite the dumb shit.

t.sinologist
>>
>>33161552
>Chinese Laser can kill light vehicles at long range
THIS JUST IN
-----COUNTERMEASURE DISCOVERED-----
bigass mirror to redirect toward source.
>>
>>33170060
China isn't India.

Corruption exists, but they are limited to the supply and logistics side of things. Note that those most supportive of Xi's purge are combat troops commanders, and military scholars, who have identified the rot quite early. Liu Yuan and Liu Yazhou are two names you should know. At the moment, it actually looks like China is getting less and less corrupt and more in line with Maoist ideals, with Xi pushing through Mass Line campaigns and ideological reeducation.

You wish you can buy China's compliance. But this didn't work with the UN vote on Syria and didn't work back with Crimea.

People here assume that only because ethey deal with crooked chinese merchants they think that elite level politics are the same. Let me tell you as a scientist who is studying them for at least two decades: It is not.
>>
So has any of this ever been tested or witnessed by anyone other than people with a vested interest in both selling it and making China appear strong?

No?

What about everything else?

Hm, really makes you think
>>
>>33170196
>Corruption exists, but they are limited to the supply and logistics side of things

Have you ever been to China, my friend? Because I have. Its corruption central.
>>
>>33170563
Oh you people amuse me to no end.

China will be the main super power, it is the rightful order of the world. People who get in the way will be rolled over.
>>
File: yellowjew.png (21KB, 420x570px) Image search: [Google]
yellowjew.png
21KB, 420x570px
>>33161949
>Good work Chang, but could you just change a little thing on that picture ?
>Yes, my exalted leader ! What do you want me to change ?
>Move the laser on Germany
>>
>>33170581
>its the rightful order of the world

He says, forgetting China's abysmal war record against foreign states
>>
>>33170176
>>33170196
yeah China dreams of force projection.
but the PLA is still first and foremost a domestic suppression force.
it isn't there to fight wars. its there to keep the people in line.

if a shooting war ever happened it would take a couple hundred million dollars to turn the entire country on itself.

there are so many powerful people sick of the party and the party has enough domestic enemies to invalidate whatever hardliners it insulates the military with.
>>
>>33170570
oh gweilo you wish to report corruption ehhh?
sure I could do it for you. maybe if I had a little yuan to refresh my memory I could find those forms for you.

Chinese recipe for success
>bribe your way into a position of power
>use corrupt business practice to completely screw over every customer and client you have without any sanctions
>embezzle money by the millions
>buy apartment in San Francisco or Seattle or Vancouver
>flee China with millions of dollars to the U.S.
>gamble at indian casinos and ruin theme parks by not knowing how to fucking stand in line

you gook fucks. when I think of Yosemite and all the chinese ruining it I want you rice lice glassed already.
>>
>>33161924
Because when they do, it's hilarious. They released a demo vid of their drone swarm technology. You could see the strings connecting the drones. They also launched them with slingshots, similar to the water balloon launchers I used to make in middle school.

The tech has to work before you can make demos.
>>
>>33171025
hi I'm this guy >>33170773
>>33170745
>>33169827
>>33169763

but as for the drone thing.
>lol rubber bands and strings and model airplanes
yeah there is two ways to go about drones.
cheap easily deployable swarming stuff meant to be super cheap and effective but not gonna blow a hole in an aircraft carrier
vs
whatever millions of dollars lockheed or boeing and whatever senators from whatever districts and whatever factories building a fucking plane instead of a 40mm launcher platform that can hover with some optics like it always should have been.

I'll give the chinese that. they know that chink spam works just as well as whatever overpriced too many fingers in the pie pork project we develop.
>>
>>33165944
Total reflexion only works at some angles and not with the full spectrum.
Besides, I don't think it would work with pulsed lasers.
>>
>>33164594
Who said anything about reflecting? Ablative paint has been a thing for decades.
>>
>>33171120
it is indeed angle dependent, but most definitely works with pulsed lasers. So what would be necessary is a proper shaping of the missile so as to present the proper angle a majority of the time, such as from a flank or from head on. At that point no matter the laser, your missile will not be destroyed.

As cool as everyone thinks lasers are they are horribly inefficient weapons of war, and have some glaring vulnerabilities and limitations. I know it doesn't seem cool but mass drivers will continue to be the mainstay of war for the foreseeable future.
>>
>>33161671

Lol
>>
IT'S OVER AMERICA IS FINISHED
>>
Keep studying women's studies and liberal arts and getting as stupid as possible. Its impossible for anyone to surpass us. America will always be #1
>>
>>33170570
So central, that the country still rises and the economy has just overtaken many medium income level countries? Not to mention that the infrastructure isn't crumbling and absolutely shit, unlike your nice crumbling dam you have in the US?
>>
>>33170773
Try that now and see what happens.

People fear Xi's Inquisition like nothing else and corrupt officials of all levels are disappearing alongside their families.

Sure, you are free to count on China being too corrupt and incompetent to put up a fight, but the risk is yours.

And as the things stand, none of your red lines have deterred China in hr SCS.
>>
>>33171996

Lol South China Sea

Next we will be worried about the English being in the English Channel
>>
>>33171996
All those scary missile "islands" sure stopped those burger ships and plane-
>meow
>>
Kek, butthurt americunts are so easy to troll. Just challenge their "tech superiority" and hegemony which they hold so dear with religious fervor and they will cry, bitch and shit themselves. Latter is what they do best, be it in the Mart or anywhere else. At least the Chinese and Indians have the decency to remove their pants when they do.
>>
>>33172134
Now, where are your efforts to "block" China's access to the islands? If China is so weak and corrupt as you say, your marines would stand on them right now and the chinks bombed back to stoneage, right ?

Kek, your fighting words still need to be proven. In the end, the US is really just all talk when it comes to China. You can't even stop China in the SCS and you want to "glass" them?
>>
>>33172138
Americans live around open poop more rhan indians, its just from dogs
>>
>>33171959
> Not to mention that the infrastructure isn't crumbling and absolutely shit

LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lAoTBVTTO8
>>
>>33161552
>popular science

hmmm I get the feeling that this is not a 100% reliable source of information
>>
>>33172335
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-13/oroville-dam-northern-california-threatens-collapse-evacuate/8265532?pfmredir=sm

State directed shit infrastructure crumbling is worse than some private property developers cashing in on the real estate boom by churning out badly built property.

For all the talk about the Three Gorges Dam being so broken and bad etc. It seems that the Americans are the first to actually suffer from a broken dam.
Freedom magic. Shows again how Chinese communism is superior.
>>
>>33172500
Jane's reported it first. They are just reposting it.
>>
>>33172912
A damn built years ago that wasn't upgraded because Republicans blocked an infrastructure bill isn't really comparable to the infrastructure of China. There are entire towns that are uninhabited because the craftsmanship used to build them is so poor. These places are of course not widely reported on because they're not i the larger more popular towns.
>>
>>33161701
>at least 50 per cent more effective
>50 cent
Sounds about right
>>
China doesn't have fucking MAD DOG MATTIS, so they aren't shit

Find a fellow
Whose yellow
And beat that fucker red white and blue

Fuck bitch putin and fuck china
>>
>>33170012
All those scientists and engineers pouring in must have helped with those breakthroughs.
>>
>>33161552
>popsci bait article talking up china so the jews can start another war

ok
>>
>>33165944
Didn't NATO throw a huge shitfit about the HQ-9 thought?
>>
>>33173085
In China the towns and residential complexes that are built to shit standards are result of real estate speculation bubble that is now gradually being deflated.
They are in no way reflective of high priority state led construction programmes that is being used by the military and state organs.

Seriously, people give china so much shit about their high speed railway for example, due to one single crash, but this project has really propelled China"s domestic economy and is also being exported to south east Asia now.
>>
>>33174875
Pretty much. If you read what the Turkish procurement official had to say at that time, the HQ9 was actually the only system that intercepted all targets and missed not once in the trials.
>>
Posted this in wrong thread. >>33175146

Will lasers ruin war just like machineguns did?
>>
>>33175177
Things will get very spoopy very quickly if it's anything like that.
>>
>>33165944
>Or when the HQ-9, which has better quoted stats than the PAC-2 or the S-300, lost to both missiles in Turkish trials.
>lost to both missiles in Turkish trials.
Terrible example, you retard. If you don't know why it's a terrible example you shouldn't be posting on the subject at all.
>>
>>33175275
>observing for enemy movements with your buddy
>he notices a vehicle come into view two klicks out, but cant recognize it
>the next thing you know his blood and brains splashes boiling hot all over you
It hopefully wont ever be that powerful, but I'd like to see this tested on pigs.
>>
>>33175177
It is actually forbidden by Geneva convention to use lasers on humans.

But well, if you want to know what it would be, watch the anime short Farewell to Arms.

It takes so much effort to even kill a single tank/mech armed with laser weapons, since it shoots down all your ordnance in seconds when they appear in visual range.
>>
File: 1384323290477.jpg (163KB, 699x593px) Image search: [Google]
1384323290477.jpg
163KB, 699x593px
>>33175390
It's honestly hard to imagine the total reprocussions of a weapon system that's A. completely lethal to anything within eyesight and B. impossible to surpress at long ranges.

>the entire armored convoy is slagged one by one as they mount the hill, leaving no time for traditional desert storm run-n-gun tank tactics
>>
>>33174514
Holy shit. This nigga is...kinda dumb.
>>
>>33175423
>But well, if you want to know what it would be, watch the anime short Farewell to Arms.

WTF, was that thing even supposed to be?

It looked like someone gave Something Boston dynamics built a big ass laser and asked it to attack anyone enemy combatants that came near its sector/ruins. But why?
>>
>>33175423
>>33175506
Either we take war underground

Or fill the air with chaff. Dust, smoke, metal particles... Missiles that explode into such would come in handy. Keep firing them, move up, fire through the smoke. All for a single target out of many.

I wonder if a jug of muddy liquid would protect ypu better than solid steel? Evaporate a part of water and it gets filled again.
>>
>>33175423
>It is actually forbidden by Geneva convention
Source on that?
The only thing I saw prohibited lasers designed specifically to blind.
>>
>>33175611
That thing was some sort of autonomous weapon/tank that is tasked to disarm all human armies in the world, and never stopped even when the war was over. Supposedly, it is powered by a nuclear reactor as well, making its operational time unlimited.

And yeah, something like this would be a nightmare on the battlefield.
>>
Lasers make superior weapons.
>>
>>33175662
>pacifist scientist creates a robot that destroys firearms to create world peace
>society degenerates back to feudalism where the martially fit rule
>but with today's technology
Huh. That'd be intersting. Imagine modern battles without firearms. Tank jousting.
>>
>>33164164

The USN was the first to field laser weapons back in 2015.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_Weapon_System

Depending on how things go they might field a railgun later this year or next year. We're rapidly moving beyond the point of being totally missile-reliant.
>>
>>33175070

>that is now gradually being deflated.

Only because Beijing doesn't allow institutional investors to divest from their regular stock. As a result, they've more or less forced them to either keep their assets liquid or put them into housing. Even then their yearly GDP growth is slowing, which has major implications on their housing market because it means a cooler demand for housing. Which means people who took out loans expecting 10% yoy growth but only getting 5% now are taking losses. And since they can't cash out of their other assets to make payments, they're forced into bankruptcy and the bank eats a loss on their mortgages.

Even better, and this is the straw that breaks the camel's back, Bejing had their banks wrap those mortgages into securities in early 2016. Sound familiar? When the bank eats a loss on the mortgage so do securities holders. But those people can't divest from that asset. The cycle starts again from the top.

>Seriously, people give china so much shit about their high speed railway for example, due to one single crash,

People give it shit because they ripped off copyrighted tech belonging to Siemens, Alstom and GE but with only 1/10th the quality.
>>
>>33161552
This just in:
chinks are lying sub-humans who forgot we have an atmosphere and that missiles are cheaper, more reliable, and not retarded.
>>
>>33175093
Good thing NATO will have air superiority.
>>
>>33175506

More stealth and more .mil vehicles that look like civilian vehicles. Also the air force would become much more valuable, as a single airborne laser craft could get line-of-sight of most targets. And if all the laws against space militarization get pulled down, then we can just launch satellites that do the job from space.
>>
>>33176019

chinks are lying subhumans but missiles are also large and expensive compared to a laser or railgun. If the goal isn't to deliver a warhead, why bother with a complicated rocket motor system? The Navy already has power plants within their ships, might as well use them.
>>
>>33161760

All the technology in the world is no match for experience.

We now know that technology from Radio Shack can fuck up a modern army (i.e the IEDs from the Iraq War).
>>
>>33175988
>Mortgages

Spotted the americunts poorfag.

Chinese do not buy houses with loans. Because they actually have putchasing power. A Chinese middle class couple earns up to 20k a month. They actually buy houses with cash.

Makes you jelly now, american poorfag?
>>
>>33176089
>why bother with a complicated rocket motor system?
Because a missile with a kilometer range carrying an payload for a light vehicle shouldn't be that costly or complex.

Literally putting this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-7wp3CCMmg onto a mortar is good enough.
>>
>>33176133
>Makes you jelly now, american poorfag?
>chinese house

No. They gotta worse than the jap's 30 year homes.
>>
>>33175423
>But well, if you want to know what it would be, watch the anime short Farewell to Arms.
Gib link, all i found were trailers or snippets
>>
>>33176133
Harsh.
>>
File: chinadebt_gdp_240815.jpg (30KB, 502x318px) Image search: [Google]
chinadebt_gdp_240815.jpg
30KB, 502x318px
>>33176133

Not really. Your private debt levels are at crisis level relative to GDP. It's approaching Japan-90s crisis level.
>>
>>33176222
Yawn.

Private company debts in a socialist system?

Kek.
>>
>>33175423
>since it shoots down all your ordnance in seconds when they appear in visual range.
What's it like living in a world where cold fusion has been invented?
>>
>>33176222

In other words, your economy will implode on itself as private debt fucks up your shit.

Private debt is the unspoken demon of economics. Policymakers like to pretend it's not a problem.
>>
>>33176253
In China, it is literally not a problem.

The yuan isn't some vassals currency as the US controlled and internationalized Yen, china will actually profit from a weak currency, and all debts are owned by the state owned banks.

If you argued with moral hazard, I would agree with you somewhat. But stop pretending that China is a globalist dog like the Japs. That is not what China's founding fathers had in mind when they kicked the last whitey out of Shanghai.
>>
>>33176242

Laugh while you can.

The wonderful thing about debt is that it is so fucking hard to get rid of.
>>
>>33176297

In other words, the state banks are saddled with a fuckton of bad debts.

I wonder how much debt the SHADOW banks hold.
>>
>>33161552
>output of at least 50-70 kilowatts
>can kill light vehicles
B U L L S H I T
U
L
L
S
H
I
T
>>
>>33176326
State just writes off all debts just as they did to the loans of all those bigger countries that owe China billions.
>>
>>33176360
*Nigger countries
>>
>>33175534

Cry some more that crooked Hillary lost. Now we are going to have a year of kicking Russia and china in the fucking ass, after we finish ducking up the libtards legal drugs
>>
>>33175988
>People give it shit because they ripped off copyrighted tech belonging to Siemens, Alstom and GE but with only 1/10th the quality.
as someone who has had many trips on the Chinese high speed rail system, I have to say that you're full of fucking shit.
>>
>>33176550
Yeah....that's not gonna happen.
>>
File: ak 280.png (521KB, 1019x1331px) Image search: [Google]
ak 280.png
521KB, 1019x1331px
laser weapons are incredibly shitty autocannon replacements
prove me wrong
protip: you cant
>>
>>33161847
Underrated post.
>>
>>33175292
>>33174875
First, the statement that only the HQ-9 hit all its targets comes directly from CPMEIC, ie the company that makes the HQ-9. Not exactly a trusted source.

Second, The statement of the ministry of defense to the Turkish national assembly stated that no missile won the trails because none of the missiles succeed completely. The S-300pmu2, and the pac-2 performed sufficiently well, but were not packaged with technology transfer, whereas the HQ-9 performed poorly yet had full technology transfer. For that reason and that reason alone, the Turks chose the HQ-9 system. Eventually the US added some tech transfer to the patriot deal, and tada, suddenly the patriot is the better option.

Third, CPMEIC has multiple times proclaimed its missiles performing perfectly at displays, and has yet to secure a single paying customer. why?

- If Chinese systems were better, they would have sold more, as their systems are usually much cheaper too, even in regards to the Turkish bid.
- If Chinese systems were better, they would be more renowned in their development of high tech products, which isn't the case,
>>
>>33177982
So much disinformation here.

Don't think just because you sound informed, you actually are.
Actually, the information that the HQ9 hit all targets came from the chief of the Turkish trials.

Also, the HQ9 serves in the Turkmenistan army, it won over the S300.
>>
>>33177982
>- If Chinese systems were better, they would be more renowned in their development of high tech products, which isn't the case

Because weapon deals are very political in nature.
>>
>>33177982
Kek, and in the end, the Turks went on the develop their own SAM system.

Not even your beloved Nato-shit won.

Super shit example, again.
Thread posts: 178
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.