[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AR 9 pistol build

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

File: New Bitmap Image.jpg (233KB, 1479x889px) Image search: [Google]
New Bitmap Image.jpg
233KB, 1479x889px
Soooo, I'm building an AR 9 pistol. I've got a standard AR 15 pistol lower from PSA, and now I've just ordered this. Are there any other parts besides a mag block, that I'd need to get this running?
>>
>>33160097
Force of will.
>>
File: New Bitmap Image.jpg (149KB, 1275x710px) Image search: [Google]
New Bitmap Image.jpg
149KB, 1275x710px
Also, would this colt style mag block do the trick? Please respond.
>>
>>33160097
That's pretty much it, you just gotta decide which mags you want to use. I have several AR9s, runners no off bolt Colt and Glock mags. I'm old school, so I love the look of the Colt mags, but you'll pay more for Glock mag compatible uppers that lock back on the last round and you'll need higher capacity ones to not look funny sticking out of your gun. I live in Hawaii, so we're stuck with 10 rounder Glock mags that look too short for the gun.
>>
>>33160134
Okay, that'll work. Just decide which block you want-- bottom loading slides in and secures with set screws, top loading needs to be put in before you mount the bolt catch in place. Either will work, just be sure you get one that runs with a standard AR bolt catch and not the ones for 9mm builds because the longer catch is fragile. Also, you'll need a pistol buffer tube, the one that won't allow you to put a stock on it.
>>
>>33160097
get the 9mm buffer that PSA sells as well. I've got one in my Glock mag 9mm AR. It works.

>>33160145
PSA hybrid bolts (which OP's pick shows it comes with) run Glock and Colt mags. They work pretty good too.
>>
File: New Bitmap Image.jpg (152KB, 1516x707px) Image search: [Google]
New Bitmap Image.jpg
152KB, 1516x707px
>>33160145
Yeah, same here. I wanted the colt style mags specifically because of the way they look.

On the bottom description, It says "Designed to work with PSA 9mm lowers". I'm still good with a regular multi-cal lower and the mag block, right?

This is the lower I got.
>>
>>33160176
>I'm still good with a regular multi-cal lower and the mag block, right?

yes
>>
>>33160176
>>33160184

Just make sure to get the 9mm buffer though.
>>
>>33160184
Sweet, thanks guys! Gonna go order summore shit
>>
File: IMG_0198.png (2MB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0198.png
2MB, 1136x640px
>>33160176
Here's my build. I wanted that KAC Colt SMG look with the integral can, but needed to make an extension to make our 16" barrel length. Oh, you may need to Dremel polish the inside of the mag well, some of my ASC mags wouldn't drop free. They're awesome mags though. I got all my stuff from PSA, no problems.
>>
Tempted to build a little 9mm "pdw" style pistol like that. Going to run glock mags as I already have quite a few of them, no sense is getting another type of mag at this point.
>>
>>33160211
das noice mane!
>>
File: AR9.png (574KB, 747x308px) Image search: [Google]
AR9.png
574KB, 747x308px
Throwing mine in here because why not
>>
File: image.jpg (215KB, 639x642px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
215KB, 639x642px
>>33160355
ARs with Glock mags are so ugly
>>
>>33160292
Thanks. Hardest part to find was the old school CAR stock. Woulda nabbed an A1 upper too, but then I would've felt compelled to make it a legit retro build.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.