[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modern Walther P38 Equivilent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Walther_P38_(6971798779).jpg (310KB, 1920x1275px) Image search: [Google]
Walther_P38_(6971798779).jpg
310KB, 1920x1275px
Dear /K/ommandos;

In the vague, but foreseeable future I stand to inherit some distant relations war loot.

Since part of responsible gun ownership is being familiar with your gun can you friendly /k/ommandos recommend a nice modern analogue that will behave similarly and take identical ammunition? Would rather not take some piece of history down to the range to learn.

Thanks.
>>
Beretta 92FS
>>
>>33157600
P38s arent rare unless yours is the one that hitler used to shoot jfk. Look up the markings.

You can take it to the range and fire it a couple times, dont be autistic. If you are still after a modern p38, look no further than the beretta 92 series since they are basically a P38 with a longer frame and slide.
>>
>>33157612
Never said it was rare, just that it was old. Obviously some random warloot is most likely some common service weapon from the otherside.

Anyway. Thanks for the beretta 92 tip.
>>
>>33157632
Get yourself a P1 if you're reluctant to take a WWII P38 to the range. I have 2 P38's I take and my friend has a P1 he shoots all the time
>>
>>33157610
this.
92fs is just a copy of the P38 except for different recoil spring.
>>
>>33157600
It'd basically be a Beretta 92FS or 92A1

>9mm Luger
>DA/SA
>same tilting locking block
>but modern mags hold 10 more rounds than the old Walther did, and mag release are by the thumb

It won't look quite the same (barring a few similarities), but it's basically the most advanced evolution of that weapon.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.