[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this a felony?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

Source: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1551291/#comments

I'd like to design something like this for my Glock 19, but apparently the ATF says it's a no-no. Is there any precedent set for this? I'll get a stamp if I need one, but it'd be nice to know their reasoning.
>>
Yes. If you Google "pistol vertical foregrip", Google will tell you exactly why adding a vertical foregrip to a pistol needs a stamp.
>>
>>33155663
Vertical Foregrips on a pistol is a no-no. That makes it an SBR and needs a stamp.
>>
>>33155892
It makes it an AOW, not an SBR.

Adding a stock makes it an SBR.
>>
File: a.jpg (412KB, 1718x596px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
412KB, 1718x596px
>>33155663
You're talking the difference between a handgun and a pistol. I've attached a picture to help explain the difference.
>>
>>33155663

Check Alibaba. Chinks probably copied it in aluminum and are selling it now.
>>
>>33155935
You image isn't even accurate tho.
>>
>>33155933

Stock would make that an AOW too.

It's not a rifle, thus it can't magically become one.
>>
>>33155663
it's not a no-no, but you need a stamp to turn a handgun into an assault rifle
>>
If you can somehow add a Magpul AFG, it can still be a pistol.
>>
>>33155962
This is literally wrong. If you add a stock, it is an sbr. If you add a foregrip, it is an aow, unless you also add a stock, in which case it becomes an sbr.
>>
>>33156096
Nope. AOWs are always AOWs.
>>
>>33156096
If you add a stock THEN a foregrip it is an SBR
>>
>>33156096
This is literally wrong. An AOW can't become an SBR.
>>
>>33156151
If you get it stamped as an SBR and then remove the stock again, is it still an SBR?
>>
>>33156180
meant to quote
>>33156142
>>
>>33156180
Yes. If you want to cancel the registration you have to write an official request to have your serial number de-listed. You don't get your money back.
>>
>>33156197
So could you just get it registered as an SBR first, then add a foregrip and remove the stock with no repercussions?
>>
>>33156214
Yes
>>
>>33156214
But it is technically still an SBR so you need to adhere to those laws like not taking it out of state.
>>
>>33156214
You could not register it all and put a foregrip on it, but that would require you to not be fucking retarded so it isn't going to happen.
>>
>>33156142
>Stock -> Foregrip = SBR
>Foregrip -> Stock = AOW

This is the kind of insanity we have to live with. This is fucking awful.

NFA please go and stay go.
>>
>>33155663
why is taking a picture of a nakd 17yo a felony but having sex with her legal?

why is marijuana a schedule 1 narcotic like heroin?

Why is the prison sentence given for possession of 500g of cocaine the same for 5g of crack?

why anything? People are idiots and make laws for whatever reasons...ignorance, vote farming, whatever
>>
Isn't the AOW stamp only $5 while the SBR stamp is $200?
>>
>>33156347
If you form 4 it yes. If you form 1 it then they're both $200
>>
>>33156142

No, it's still an AOW.

>SBS/SBR = Short barreled Shotgun/Rifle. Shotguns and rifles with barrels under 18" for shotguns and 16" for rifles, or with an overal length under 26".

A pistol is neither shotgun or rifle, thus it fits under AOW category, regardless of stock or not.

>>33156347

Incorrect. AOW TRANSFER is $5, manufacture is still $200 IIRC.
>>
Jesus fuck, /k/ get your shit together. Vertical grips are a no no. VERTICAL grips. Angled foregrips which OP's pic would be if it can't be made any more vertical are fine.
>>
>>33156341
lel Heroin shouldn't even be C-1 it should be C-2 like every other opiate from Vicodin to Fentanyl
>>
>>33156378
Slap a stock on a pistol and you have now built an SBR, not an AOW
>>
>>33155663
The question you meant to ask is "HOW is this a felony?" It's a felony because it's a foregrip on a handgun. WHY it's a felony is because legislators hates fun.
>>
Can we just agree that this is a dumb legislation?
>>
>>33156478
exactly.

But laws are created and changed as politicians see fit.

Marijuana is spanish for Cannabis. In the early 1900s with the Mexican migrant workers bringing pot, we outlawed pot.

Hell, in our laws it's spelled Marihuana because the dumbasses spelled it phonetically based on how the Mexicans said it...
Mayor Laguardia of NY openes a study on pot that found no ill effects. The FBI and DEA destroyed it.

Fuck I hate the federal gov't
>>
File: 8Dlzc.jpg (8KB, 247x200px) Image search: [Google]
8Dlzc.jpg
8KB, 247x200px
>>33156309
>mfw we have to become experts just to know what can and can't have
>mfw we have to become experts just to know what we can and can't do with our guns
>mfw handguns have more in common with SMG's but get bumped up straight to rifle status despite having little to nothing in common
>mfw we are seen as the leader of gun ownership in the world

yeah we should probably do something about this while have still have this republican government
>>
>>33156540
>Mayor Laguardia of NY openes a study on pot that found no ill effects

I would argue that dealing with pot heads is an "ill effect"
>>
>>33156542
yfw the people who creates those laws were neither legal nor firearms experts??
>>
>>33156574
advertisementsand "studies" of the time claimed marijuana directly caused deviant sexual behavior, temporary insanity, murder, and cravings of heroin...

seriously, go watch 40s-50s anti pot commercials
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.