[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Courier needs Baton advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Fallout4_Security_Baton.png (165KB, 1711x567px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4_Security_Baton.png
165KB, 1711x567px
Hello /K/ this is my first post here so forgive my ignorance but I need your help.

I am a courier for an auto parts company. I load a pedo-van with parts from a warehouse to deliver to franchises all over the state. I can carry some serious money in the back of my van like turbos, superchargers, air ride kits, crate engines, a dozen 24volt deep cell batteries, huge canisters of R-134a, ect. I live in Best Virginia and get sent into the coal fields pretty often. Obama wiped out counties of employment here. Hard working Miners became toothless Geekers and those places are miles of derelict businesses and homes. My van looks just like a Wells Fargo van to these rednecks but with zero armor or weapons.

I know to save politics for /pol/. The above is just to build an image in your head. That plus general road rage has me increasingly nervous at a job I actually enjoy. I cannot carry a firearm on the job (which is what I'd rather do). So I have been thinking about picking up a telescopic baton for work. I can't make out what google tells me about legality.

TL;DR: West Virginia- Over 21- No CC required for sate- Can I take Baton to work?
>>
If your employer doesn't allow you to have weapons then the a baton would still be against company policy. If you are going to carry something, it might as well be a gun.
>>
File: image_6430[1].jpg (16KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image_6430[1].jpg
16KB, 500x500px
get a 36 inch pipe wrench.
>>
Just don't take the route past goodsprings and you'll be good.
>>
That's a question for your lawyer. Check if your state has a website for laws.

Jokingly, I suggestion you just mount an airbag mine between your driver-seat and your car door, to help you hipcheck anyone who tries to assist you in exiting your vehicle.

I'm just a pizza driver, but I've found it comforting to keep a leather awl sheathed in the hard-plastic base of the seat-belt receiver, so that it can be draw from Ice Pick or Sword Point depending on what side of your vehicle the threat is on.
>>
>>33155488
Posting again.

You really should just keep a gun with you; your employer doesn't give a fuck if you get hurt -- if someone tries to lift your cargo then just let them take it. Your employer can't expect you to defend that shit but not yourself.
>>
>>33155348
You can carry a baton whereever you want and practically no one will even know. They come in different sizes and all can be holstered. Your boss doesn't like it? He never needs to know about it. Other people see you with a small looking flashlight looking thing on your hip, act normal. I work on elevators and travel around Dallas where we have elevators on service all over the goddamn place, I carry a baton on my belt right next to my ever present flashlight, and an emt knife clipped to my pocket.

No one has ever said shit.
>>
>>33155513
I'd never try to defend the cargo lol fuck corporate. However I would turn into a Honey Badger over my shit.

The awl isn't a bad idea.
>>
>>33155481
Was going to engage in a conversation about how much deeper I go than that but then realized my image file name
>>
>>33155348
>I cannot carry a firearm on the job
Just fucking carry it anyway. Nobody will know unless you have to use it to defend yourself against raiders, and in that case, your life is worth more than a shitty courier job.
>>
>>33155618
This
Your life>being fired
What would John Wayne do?
>>
>>33155618
Amen.
Concealed is concealed.
>>
>>33155618
Came here to say this. I'm not allowed to pack heat at work but I do anyway.

You can always find another job, can't really find another life.
>>
>>33155465

This right here is the right idea. As a security I cannot carry a baton but I carry a 5 cell D Maglite
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.