[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What gun belt does /k/ wear?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: AGB_Coyote_0118.jpg (376KB, 900x466px) Image search: [Google]
AGB_Coyote_0118.jpg
376KB, 900x466px
I don't know shit about them, whether leather is better than fabric or whatever. I'm going to be carrying a Glock 19 in a NSR Tactical C-1 appendix holster. I'd like something comfortable but I really want something that's going to be reliable more than anything. Any recommendations?
>>
>>33154359
I got a relentless tactical leather belt. It's been working pretty good for me.
>>
>>33154359
Ares Ranger is the shit, I've had mine for almost 3 years and it's just as rigid as it was when I got it. I've only ever carried full size or compact guns on it.

The best thing about having a good belt is that you don't have to cinch it tight for it to support whatever you attach to it.
>>
>>33154359
Bigfoot Gun Belts. Steel ribbon running through it means no holster wiggle as you walk AND it doesn't scream "I have a gun."
>>
5.11 tac trainer
>>
>>33154782
I don't get it do people see your belt often?
>>
>>33154967
Often? No, not really. But they may, so it doesn't hurt to be prepared for it. Its a freaking great belt regardless.
>>
>>33155010
If someone sees my belt though they'll probably see my gun.

I don't know I just don't think a nylon gun belt really looks weird at all.
>>
>>33155025
I carry appendix. If I bend over to pick something up, my shirt may ride up, exposing my belt but not my gun. I appreciate not everyone carries appendix, and if that isn't something you're concerned about, then that's fine. I still think it's a great belt. That steel reinforcing strip makes a huge difference in ride comfort of your holster.
>>
>>33155112
Ya I've heard good stuff about them
>>
>>33155131
I used to carry with a nylon riggers belt (a cheapo one off amazon, so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt). I bought a bigfoot belt on a whim. It was a night and day difference as far as how much "walking" my holster did (g code incog with a glock 19). I highly recommend it.
>>
>>33155182
A good holster won't walk even without a belt.
>>
>>33155210
Gonna disagree with you there. I mean, it's a g code incog. One of the best holsters on the market. And it walked on me.
>>
>>33155210
>>33155262
You need a good holster and a good belt to have an effective, consistent carry method. That's kind of the point of this entire thread.
>>
>>33154359
SOE Cobra EDC belt.
>>
>>33154359
I use a Beltman Elephant hide carry belt, buckle feels cheap, but a good sturdy belt for carry
>>
>>33155262
I mean, one of the most shilled maybe, but a proper holster wont walk even without a belt. Even single clips. If your holster can't do that it's trash, sorry.

>>33155287
See above. Not to say you shouldn't wear a proper gun belt. 5.11 makes a pretty decent 3 layer leather belt. Mine is pretty stiff and has held up well over about 15 months.
>>
>>33155442
what do you use, then? and have you ever owned an incog? and not to play one up, but I've had my big foot for about 2 years now and it looks practically new.
>>
>>33155477
No, I have not, and I use a leather Tagua. I'm glad you've had good luck with yours.
>>
>>33155524
Tagua is a good holster in your opinion but g code is overrated trash?
>>
>>33155600
>>33155524
I mean, I guess if that works for you, go for it. But I'm gonna guess you're a little chubby. And that's why you don't get holster walk. I'm not, and so I do. I don't mean to be insulting. I'm making assumptions, I know. It's just that everyone I know who carries a tagua only does so because they can't afford anything better and they bitch constantly about how much adjustment they have to do to make it work.
>>
>>33155629
>>33155600
or something that just occurred to me (and should have been more obvious) is that you carry a smaller gun?
>>
1.75" 5.11 TDU - works just fine
>>
>>33154359
Beltman horsehide belt. Looks fantastic, can even wear it at work with business casual, and it's sturdy.
>>
I got a Trakline belt, so I can CC and wear decent clothes and not look like a mall ninja. It works. But I have a 5.11 belt for range/training.
>>
By gun belt, do you mean
"Trouser belt that I'm going to put a OWB or IWB holster on"
Or do you mean "Duty belt that I'm going to put a gun, cuffs, mags, radio, baton, taser, and etc on"?

For the former: Anything that's reasonably stiff and won't sag with weight. I have a nice thick leather belt. If it's made in China, it's probably shit.
For the latter: Whatever your job approves. I like the synthetic leather ones - Bianchi Accumold Elite is good and looks professional A.F.
>>
$15 leather belts from walmart have worked fine for me for years.
>>
>>33155755
This.

I lucked out when I ordered a custom leather holster and mag carrier years ago. I was 21 and told the maker I wished I could order a matching belt, but didn't have the money yet. He sent me a response asking what size I was since he had an extra belt (two layers thick) that just needed to be dyed.
Still using it.
>>
>>33155642
This, I can certainly afford any holster on the market. P238.

Speaking of which, who makes the BEST belts. Cost/lead time isn't an issue. Leather only, none of that faggy wannabe operator trash.

>>33155600
For this gun, it works very well, I have an older Tagua thats shit too if it makes you feel any better. Results speak for themselves, and I'm not trying to sell you one.
>>
>>33156084
To elaborate it's not one of the floppy leather ones, it's stiff.
>>
File: IMG_6550.gif (3MB, 350x455px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6550.gif
3MB, 350x455px
SOE are my gun belts of choice. Come at me, bro
>>
File: Magpul-Belt-3-670x407.jpg (59KB, 670x407px) Image search: [Google]
Magpul-Belt-3-670x407.jpg
59KB, 670x407px
I carry a Tejas gun belt from MAGPUL.

Keeps me from looking like a tacticool feget
>>
i had a pretty substantial leather belt prior to getting into CC, so I've been making due with that so far.

If I pick up a true "gun belt," I'll probably get something in leather just so it doesn't look out of place
>>
>>33154359
>Any recommendations?

Wilderness Tactical FF belt is what all nylon gun belts strive to be.

I personally wear a Volund Atlas G-Hook Slim. Carried a Shield, Glock 19 and now a Beretta PX4 Compact with it with no problems.
>>33155600
My experience with G-Code has been meh. I had an Incog and the clips don't do that good of a job of sucking the gun tight into your body and it results in excessive printing.

With a JM Custom Glock 19 holster, I was printing less than I was with a Incog Shield.
>>
>>33156084
As I said, bigfoot is amazing. Its absurdly thick to start with and they put a steel ribbon through it to stiffen it up even more (the ribbon is hidden inside the belt so all you see is the leather). Its a simple pattern (so you don't look like a cowboy like you do with some other leather gun belts). I've been through several pistol classes with it. Both IWB concealed/defensive and OWB fighting pistol/carbine classes and it doesn't show any excessive wear or tear. There are probably better belts out there, but I've never owned them so I can't say.
>>
>>33156293
The model with the claw thing? I carry at around 2 o'clock and those things dig in. I literally have scarring on my hip from it (although that wasn't a JM holster, so maybe that would be different idk).
>>
>>33156550
Thanks for your input, I regularly hang power drills and shit off my belt so I need some sturdy shit.
>>
>>33156582
>The model with the claw thing?

I use george holsters for my PX4 and Glock 19. Going to order some of the claw ones to test them out.
>>
File: ccw belt.jpg (436KB, 1996x1067px) Image search: [Google]
ccw belt.jpg
436KB, 1996x1067px
I wear a Bianch 1-3/4" B4 belt. Very comfortable, and super secure. Also doesn't look like an obvious tac belt like the nylon ones do.
>>
File: 20170219_212202.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170219_212202.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>33157579
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.