[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grab a Mosin-Nagant or a Mauser 98?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: mosin.png (2MB, 1264x705px) Image search: [Google]
mosin.png
2MB, 1264x705px
I know /k/ loves their moist nuggets, but apparently looking elsewhere, a lot of people really like the Gewehr 98 much more than the Mosin.

I'm grabbing a bolt action rifle too, and I'd rather not grab something new like the R700, and I want something for the history. I'd believe both rifles are equal in their history, because they both fought each other in two wars and were developed at around the same time.

So /k/, what do?
>>
File: OKP7_Reticule01.jpg (356KB, 1600x1063px) Image search: [Google]
OKP7_Reticule01.jpg
356KB, 1600x1063px
>>33154005
The mosin is a fucking garbage rod and I love it for what it is. The bolt takes far more effort than a mauser's does to work desu, but it's nice. It clicks and pops in ways that just about make me cum.

The bolt of a mosin also has like 6 parts too, so there's that. I learned how to disassemble it and reassemble it in the better part of 30 minutes.
>>
>>33154005
Who the FUCK would buy a Mosin at the prices people are charging now? You can L I T E R A L L Y buy a German-origin Mauser 98 for the same price or $20 more.
>>
>>33154005
See that pic is retarded, they're comparing a WW2 rifle to a WW1 rifle.

I think the Mauser 98 action of the Gew.98 is better, but the sight picture on the M91/30 is much better than that of the Lange-Vizier of the Gew.98. Swedish m/96 sight picture is way better than that of the Gew.98.
>>
>>33156176
Where exactly is this magical land where German mausers are $250
>>
>>33154005
how much money do you have to spend and how much do you want to shoot? i wont meme at you
>>
>>33156176
>German-origin Mauser 98 for the same price or $20 more.

This nigga thinks his shot out Yugo Mauser is German, loving every laugh
>>
>>33154005
Get whichever you like more. Or both. Or neither and get a Carcano instead.
>>
buy a yugo mauser.
or a 1903a3 i love mine
>>
>>33154005
Get a K31 instead.
>>
>>33154005
Mauser commercial ammo outside of S&B sucks, so prepare to handload if you want to shoot one frequently.
>>
>>33154005
dude the only reason people like the moist is because it's cheap as shit, it's got no mechanical advantage over the Mauser at all
>>
Mausers are pretty cool. The G98 definitely is better than the 91/30. Unless we get more shipments of nuggets in their popularity will continue to drop. The whole point of nuggets was their cheapness and cheap ammo.
>>
I own a 91/30 and a 1937 german k98 and honestly I shoot the nagant more just because I like the sights on it better. However, the mauser has way nicer build quality, smoother bolt, that mushy german trigger and 8mm is a fun ass round. Nagants are nice too, dont get me wrong. Just check both out and see what you like better.
>>
I own a Nugget and a Mauser. if a 98 is anything like my 93. (without the cock on close of the 93 obviously) Then i wouldn't hesitate. of course, it'd also depend on the mosin. Not all are made equal.

If it was a Remington made mosin, i might pick that over a 98. It also depends on which 98 we're talking about specificially. i'd prefer the full sized 98 to a k98. but that might just be me.

I also prefer 8mm Mauser over the 7.62x54r cartridge. blade bayonet over spike, etc.
>>
>>33154005
>Get SMLE
>Practice mad minutes
>>
File: 08 - 4fNTyVQ.jpg (88KB, 1080x1440px) Image search: [Google]
08 - 4fNTyVQ.jpg
88KB, 1080x1440px
>>33156176
>we waz yugo mausers n shiese

WRONG

seriously looking into finding something that has a modern caliber if you actually want to fucking shoot it and don't have reloading shit.

>>33156356
this, you should consider getting a .22 rifle its cheaper desu and you learn a lot and not waste a bunch of money since you sound pretty nogunz.
>>
>>33158321
Mechanically they're pretty much indistinguishable.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.