[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>land of the free >not even free to decide weapon volume

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: pb3.jpg (37KB, 650x443px) Image search: [Google]
pb3.jpg
37KB, 650x443px
>land of the free
>not even free to decide weapon volume
>>
>>33153662
You stupid whinging cunts. Put in a fucking permit application and pay the $200 in Australia we're lucky to have even a bolt action and fucking forget all about suppressors! Get over it, child!
>>
>>33153662
Don't get me started. What is CCW really? It's the government taking away your 2nd amendment rights so they can sell them back to you.
>>
>>33153790
Just because your situation is completely FUBAR doesn't mean ours isn't shitty. You're like the trashy girls in high school who bitch about how their lives are the worst whenever someone else mentions bad things happening.
>>
>>33153790
Better to fight for more rights than to erode slowly defending the current ones
>>
>>33153790

Wew lad I think a dingo stole your manners. OP here. Come to New Zealand you sun baked faggot, that same $200 and they'll be lucky if they ever find all your unregistered ARs
>>
File: IMG_4317.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4317.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
That's funny, I own a suppressor and live in the US
>>
>>33153901

Were you 7 years old when you bought that over the counter for $39.99?

That's how I bought my first suppressor.
>>
>>33153930
How did you buy your first AR?
>>
>>33153930
This thread wasn't about cost of ownership or east of ownership.(which the Silencerco Omega will run you about $800 anywhere you go), it was about not being able to own a can, which I just posted a pic proving that you can own a can in the US.
>>
>>33153828

Over the counter.

People in the US always hate on a firearms licensing system but you ignore the one huge benefit.

After getting that bit of plastic, annoying as it may be, it's a golden ticket.

I walk in, flash my card, buy what I want and leave. No waiting, no background check, no suspicion, no need to subvert ridiculous petty laws that are designed to prevent a minority of bad people from getting guns or particular types of guns, no PAPERWORK (that's my favourite)
>>
>>33154049
I live in Texas, anyone with a CHL (or LTC as they're called now) does not need to do a background check. Walk in, fill out 1 page of paper, pay, walk out.
>>
>>33154049

Woops this was a reply to

>>33153960

>>33153962
Would you agree that things being "available" and being "easily available to the majority of citizens" are two pretty different things?
>>
>>33154072

So what's the difference between you having to get an LTC (what's that?) And ma having to get a lisence?

A whole page of paperwork? You mean you actually have to write words if you want a new gun? And you call that freedom?

>SHALL
>>
>>33154078
Oh I definitely agree. I feel like the NFA, is absurd.Suppressors, SBR's, and SBS"s shouldn't be on it at all, and the Hughes Amendment should be repealed.
>>
>>33154108

So I googled LTC.

What you're saying is in Texas, you have to get a license and fill in a page of paperwork to get a gun without a background check?

That's very interesting, it's genuinely easier to buy a gun here in NZ than in Texas.

>ignoring any "loopholes" private sales gun shows etc
>>
>>33153790
Why would anyone ever NEED a suppressor?
>>
>>33154205
Without the LTC it just takes about 15 minutes to do an instant background check. It's not a necessity when buying a firearm.
The 1 page of paperwork is a federal requirement though.
>>
>>33154231

To protect my ears. Which is better, wearing PPE, or eliminating the hazard which makes the PPE necessary?
>>
Hopefully federal laws will be overruled if the Kansas suppressor case goes to the Supreme Court.

>tfw livin in Kansas and can't buy an unregistered "Made in Kansas" gun and suppressor yet
>>
>>33154257

In theory then, since that piece of paper is a Federal requirement, the ATF could have a database (read; 60000TB dropbox) which lists all firearm purchases from licensed dealers, by citizen?
>>
>>33154288
By that logic, shouldn't we take away guns as a whole?
>>
>>33154231
What?
>>
>>33153930
were you born in 1929?
Are you 96 years old?
>>
>>33156953

No, it was not as many years ago and you can do the same today

https://tou
ch.trademe.co.n
z/listing/view/126

Don't know if this link will get past past filters

>posting from mobile
shuddup
>>
>>33154072
If you're not doing the background check, what "1 page of paper" are you filling out?
>>
>>33154288
Wearing PPE
Eliminating the hazard
Sound that comes out of a gun
Sound is the hazard
Gun not being the main hazard

I love guns but your logic is fucked
>>
>>33157507

But you're not going to eliminate the gun if the activity is shooting are you? No, you'll manage the risks of shooting, one of which is the gun (managed with good handling dicipline and practice) and another is hearing damage due to muzzle rapport.

Saying a suppressor is a good idea for hearing protection when you shoot isn't retarded logic.
>>
>>33157365
Don't buy from Guncity, they're aweful.
>>
>>33157631

TOTALLY agree and I don't, just proving the point
>>
>>33153962
Sure you can own one, but getting the tax stamp is a fucking ordeal. Idk how long ago you got yours but average wait time on one of those bad boys is 6-9 months. Fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>33154205
NZ is a special place, though. It has all this freedom but no one there really wants it.
>>
>>33153662
>land of the free
>largest per capita prison population on planet
>>
>>33156375
WHATTTT?!?
>>
>>33159552
I've got a few things in NFA jail. I think the hoops to jump through are reasonable. But I'm not an immediate gratification manchild
>>
>>33154320

The 86 ban actually forbids the Feds from making a database of gun owners. However, FFLs have to keep your 4473 on file for 20 years, and if they close before that they have to turn then in to the ATF.

I buy all my guns of Texas Gun Trader, keeps those fucks from knowing what have. Also cheaper.

>>33154205

Are you guys free to concealed carry? Do you have magazine limits?
>>
>>33160414

20 years is an awfully long time, the longest any record is required to be kept in NZ (ANY record, company records, financial records, gun dales records, we even have a "clean slate act that wipes your criminal record except serious crimes if you don't do anything had for 7 years). Why on earth would they need to keep it for 20 years?

You got me, there is no CC, and it is illegal to own a firearm for the purpose of self defense.

There are mag limits but there are no laws that actually control the sale of magazines. It is illegal for me to own 30rd AR mags, because I have an AR. It is not illegal for my neighbour to own a 30rd mag because he doesn't own an AR. Anyone can buy any mag any time, no license, paperwork or anything.

I find it all very interesting, our laws came changed to what they are at the same time the Aussie ones did. Australia focused on controlling the guns. NZ focused on who could get access to guns. As a result the police come and talk to you, check out your place and get a couple of references and decide that you're a good and proper person to own a gun, from there they aren't too phased about what kind of gun own.

Except handguns, they don't like those.

Mag limits was the result of a shooting at a place called Aramoana where someone called David (who was a paranoid schizophrenic and owned a number of milsurp AKs and pistols before we had ANY gun laws) snapped one day and killed a bunch of people. At the time the police were effectively unarmed, first responders were equipped with only bolt action hunting rifles and one sergeant had a revolver. Compared to his AK with 30rd mags, they were woefully outgunned.

We got hit with the "no one needs those", but if you want to, you can get an MSSA license, which means you can have whatever mags you want, the gun with those mags just has to be registered with police so they know where it is.
>>
>>33161973

I should really also say that if you want to, it's possible to get a license for anything.

Nothing is "banned" as such. If you have a pistol license you can buy any pistol. If you have a collectors license you can buy whatever fits into your collection.

I know a guy in Auckland who's collection is "machine guns of various world armies". Last month he imported a full auto RPK from Ukraine. Something like $4000 all up? Lot of paperwork for that sort of thing though.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.