[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much does it cost to rechamber a Arisaka/Mosin ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 22

File: mosin.png (114KB, 579x294px) Image search: [Google]
mosin.png
114KB, 579x294px
wanted to get one of these surps in .30-60 or just chamber it into a 7x62x39 for shits and giggles, how hard would it be and how much will it cost?

don't talk me out of it say get a store brought savage shit arms because I like the way the military surplus looks but christ, arisaka rounds are expensive and mosin rounds are a bit over the too much for me
>>
>>33152115
You can probably find one already chambered in it. The internet is a big place.
>>
> arisaka rounds are expensive
Start handloading
>mosin rounds are a bit over the too much for me
Stop being a pussy

And how the fuck is 30-06 better than 54r if you're a frail bitch?

If you insist on being a faggot, then just find a bannerman nugget that has already been rechambered in 30-06 and hope it doesn't explode.

Or find and stock up on training ammo.
>>
>>33152115
7.62x54r costs as much as 30.06 go to your local gunsmith and ask if you are really interested, it'd be much cheaper to just buy a modern rifle if you aren't trolling.
>>
Wouldnt you just have to modify the bolt in a mosin for 7.62x39? The barrel will be the same diameter
>>
>>33152190
Mainly what I wanted to do for the mosin and have the arisaka in .30-60
>>
>>33152161
no point in rechambering the mosin since I just looked up the 54r price and it is way lower than what I saw it was last time, so I will only rechamber the Arisaka
>>
>>33152258
Well i meant as a general question
>>
>>33152190
mod the bolt and install a chamber insert.
>>
>>33152302
it's going to depend how hungry your gunsmith is and how cheaply he can get barrels, but generally, a lot.
>>
>>33152258
people have shot 8mm mauser out of arisakas with no ill effect.
>>
>>33152115
What the fuck is 30-60
>>
>>33152392
-30 anon. Simple math.
>>
>>33152115
Arisakas can be swapped to .308 with almost no effort besides the barrel and headspace. Rim diameter, extractor and mag should all work more or less for just plinking. Sights wouldn't be absurdly far off with the right load come to think of it.
>>
>>33152458
a /k/ommando build a pretty nice .308 that took m14 mags on an arisaka action
>>
Your looking at around 320 for the rebarreling job, I don't know what the contour of the arisaka or Mosin barrel is but if it's strange and not made anymore that's gonna cost a little more or if you want the stock fit to the barrel that's gonna cost more too. And if you're talking about a custom military bolt action you should be talking about a mauser action instead of those two. There's lots of custom work done with mauser's for good reasons.
>>
>>33152310
>7.62x39 mosin
Literally fucking why
>>
>>33152458
If it can accommodate .308 then it should be able to handle any round that uses a 30 caliber short action
>>
>>33152501

So he could shoot surplus and not some two hundred years old snowflake rounds.
>>
>>33152538
except there isn't any x39 surp left while there still is some x54, you must buy ammo all the time.
>>
>>33152115
>don't talk me out of it say get a store brought savage shit arms because I like the way the military surplus looks but christ, arisaka rounds are expensive and mosin rounds are a bit over the too much for me

You're buying a sportscar and complaining about the price of premium fuel and wondering if you can convert it to run on propane. If you can't afford the fuel, don't buy the sportscar.
>>
>>33152115
More than it's be to just reload the fucking ammo.
>>
>>33152877
I get what you're saying here but I think comparing them to a sportscar is a bit of a stretch
>>
File: Mosin_MKC-11_7,62x39_hybrid_C.jpg (154KB, 1916x453px) Image search: [Google]
Mosin_MKC-11_7,62x39_hybrid_C.jpg
154KB, 1916x453px
>>33152501
Why not?
>>
>>33152115
buy one of the chink re-aresaled Arisakas in 7.62x39.
>>
>>33152702
My gunstore is full of surp x39 but dosent have a single surp box of x54
>>
File: 2jHBDJw.jpg (835KB, 2000x1140px) Image search: [Google]
2jHBDJw.jpg
835KB, 2000x1140px
>>33152115
If you want a Mosin-pattern rifle chambered in a common caliber that isn't "over the too much", get one of these - a Polish-mas=de Mosin trainer in .22lr

You can plink all day with one for next to nothing.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/719004479/Firearms/Rifles/Other+Rifles/N*POLISH+WZ+48+22+LR+TRAINING
>>
>>33153773
>a Polish-mas=de
Sorry - "Polish-made". This new keyboard is screwing up my typing.
>>
>>33153773
how are these??
>>
>>33152115
you are allowed to do whatever you want with your money. that being said it might be possible but i imagine going from a large round to a intermediate cartridge would cause loading problems. buying something else would be cheaper and easier
>>
>>33153819
>how are these??

I bought one myself, but I won't be able to tell you firsthand until my waiting period is over (Fucking Commiefornia!). It gets good reviews though:

http://gunsmagazine.com/a-top-shelf-22-trainer/
http://candrsenal.com/rifle-polish-wz-48-training-rifle/
>>
>>33152115
Why? Even if you turn down the barrel and rechamber you're still going to have .311 grooves.

There are PLENTY AND PLENTY of Mausers rebarreled from 8mm and 7mm to 30-06 and 308. A barrel is easy to make, but a bolt and receiver are not. 7mm, 8mm, 308, and 30-06 are identical enough to use the same magazines and bolts. That's important since Mauser bolts don't have a separate bolt head.

It's doable. You're going to want to shim the back 1/2" of the side of the magazine for feeding and block the front 1/2" for 308. The bolt won't work either, but the good news is Mosin bolts have a separate bolt head so you can replace only that part. An extended extractor and a washer to reduce the bolt head diameter could work.

7.62x39 would be a bitch and a half more than 30-06, 308, 8mm, or 7mm. I'm having a shitty enough time converting an M1893 mauser to 7.62x39, lolno not a mosin.
>>
File: What the fuck.jpg (68KB, 607x1920px) Image search: [Google]
What the fuck.jpg
68KB, 607x1920px
>>33152115
just buy a fucking israeli Mauser or an Indian Enfield chambered for 308. Seriously it'll be cheaper than having a historical rifle rebarreled by a gunsmith.

You are almost literally taking the most stupid path here. Hell, you could even just buy a fucking springfield or m1 Garand already chambered in 30.06.

Why the hell would you take an Arisaka or even just a mosin and rechamber it?

I want to think these kinds of posts are trolls, but then I see pic related and I remember these people are all too real.

If you are being serious OP, just do some research, there are plenty of military surplus rifles out there already chambered in modern calibres, just get one of those. You'll thank me later and not irreversably fuck up a piece of history in the process

>durr it's just a mosin/arisaka

Yeah, and 50 years from now people will be saying "holy shit an unmodified Mosin!" because of dumbasses like you. Seriously, pic related was once a mosin. It sure as hell ain't one now.
>>
>>33153819
I owned one as a kid and loved it. No idea how good it is now but when I was 10 I loved the fucking thing. The weird little extractor it has chucks the 22lr empties surprisingly far too.
>>
>>33154194
This guy is gonna fuck up his guns and tell you how to do the same to yours. Take it to a professional if you are gonna get any work done
>>
>>33153709
apparently he's saying it wont be there for long
>>
>>33152877
>You're buying a sportscar and complaining about the price of premium fuel and wondering if you can convert it to run on propane. If you can't afford the fuel, don't buy the sportscar.

No, you are buying an old steam tractor of no particular value or use, and want to convert it to a modern diesel because you are really bored.

In either case, solve problem with money.
>>
File: bleach.jpg (32KB, 680x453px) Image search: [Google]
bleach.jpg
32KB, 680x453px
pic related bubba
>>
>>33155094
>An old tractor in perfect working order is not a valuable thing
What?
>>
>>33155047
Oh, fuck off. Been doing this shit for years, sticking to antique receivers adds a challenge.
>>
Get it chambered in 22LR, but it shoots 10 bullet at a time.
>>
>>33155373
why not just build new rifles? Why are you carving up old ones? You could build a far superior rifle with new parts. I don't get why people do this.
>>
File: Sanic.png (155KB, 434x218px) Image search: [Google]
Sanic.png
155KB, 434x218px
>>33155094
And you just destroyed an antique tractor and cut its value by atleast 50% because you wanted a modern diesel fed tractor but only had granpa's old steamer.
>>
>>33155373
There's a difference between doing something and doing it right. They a challange for you, but they wouldn't be for a professional. Got some pics of this fantastic work you've done?
>>
>>33155094
>no particular value

People collect the shit out of tractors. If that thing was steam and even remotely savable it'd be worth quite a bit.

Know why? Because assholes kept chopping them up and turning them into "better" tractors.

Noticing a theme here? Same thing with cars, Guitars, amps, furniture, etc. etc. ET FUCKING CETERA

Why do idiots keep chopping up and "improving" things? And then assholes like >>33155373
wonder why the value goes down and nobody will buy the item for what they put into it "improving" it.
>>
>>33155463
Anyone wanting a perfect clone of any vintage weapon can have it if they bring enough money.

Toys are a want, not a need, and some people like to fuck shit up for giggles and autism so why not?
>>
>>33155532
Because not everyone autistically collects old shit.
>>
>>33155532
I free with this guy for the most part, there's a lot of hack jobs that think they are improving the gun but there are also custom built guns on old receivers that go for upwards of 60k made by guys that have been making rifles for 50 years. But mostly hack jobs.
>>
>>33155565
Then don't buy old shit in the first place.
>>
>>33155536
Uh huh, where does one get a clone of a Arisaka then chief?
>>
File: IMG_0320.jpg (14KB, 456x190px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0320.jpg
14KB, 456x190px
>>33153657
>>
>>33153819
They are generally very accurate if you get one that is in spec.

If you get one with a fucked up extractor, you'll get gas in your face since the extractor is part of the chamber and rounds that aren't fully supported will have case ruptures. Bores might also have rings, due to multiple squibs.
>>
>>33155532
>Know why? Because assholes kept chopping them up and turning them into "better" tractors.

Basically everything goes through four stages. First it's new, innovative, amazing, and expensive. Then it's common and everywhere. Then it's obsolete and cheap because it's considered old junk. Lastly, it becomes a valuable antique. The milsurp bubble has been bursting in the past few years as we transition from the third to the fourth phase. Bolt-action or semi-auto milsurps (i.e. stuff that it's legal for a civilian to buy) are pretty much all over 50 years old these days; they're not getting any less old, and they're not making any more of them. So prices will rise, but Bubbas getting priced out of the milsurp market isn't the worst thing in the world. Let them chop up shitty Chinkshit Stevens 320s that come rolling out of some factory in Shenzhen by the millions instead - as Jay Leno used to say: "Crunch all you want; we'll make more!"

Again, this happens to everything eventually. When /k/ types talk about the days of the $70 Mosin, they sound exactly like game collectors talking about the days when you could go to a flea market, fill up a milk crate with Intellivision or Atari 2600 games, and walk away for $20 bucks. When you talk about hating to see a milsurp rifle get chopped up, it reminds me of hearing car collectors talk about the days back in the 70s when demolition derbies would be full of cars from the 30s through the 50s that would these days be considered classics that anybody would love to have the chance to restore. Some people are too dumb to think that their "old junk" will ever be anything other than old junk. I shudder to think how many copies of Detective Comics #27 ended up lining birdcages, wrapping fish, or being stuck under the leg of a wobbly table. Those, after all, were perfectly practical uses of them.
>>
>>33155498
>posts old pics
>reverse image searches
>find my website
>selfdoxx

>posts new pics
>work recognized
>selfdoxx
I'll pass, but thanks for playing.
>>>33155532
>wonder why the value goes down and nobody will buy the item for what they put into it "improving" it
never even once, but I do understand the type you're referring to - something something buy my archangel stock sniper for $900

I build sporters for from antique receivers and actions, mostly 308 and 30-06. It's typically just Californians and old dudes who are federally prohibited.
>>
>>33152115
>.30-60
>7x62x39
>>
>>33155969
>I shudder to think how many copies of Detective Comics #27 ended up lining birdcages, wrapping fish, or being stuck under the leg of a wobbly table.
They wouldn't be valuable if they weren't.
>>
>>33155988
>never even once, but I do understand the type you're referring to - something something buy my archangel stock sniper for $900
>I build sporters for from antique receivers and actions, mostly 308 and 30-06. It's typically just Californians and old dudes who are federally prohibited.

So you:

1) Have shit taste.
2) Chop up irreplaceable antiques so you can sell them to fudds at bargain basement prices.
3) Think this is impressive.

All "sporterizers" should be drug out into the street and horsewhipped.
>>
>>33156035
>They wouldn't be valuable if they weren't.

They wouldn't be *as* valuable; i.e., one in mint condition would cost five thousand dollars a copy instead of five million dollars a copy.
>>
>>33156036
Stay mad, buckaroo. I'm going to build sporters from parts as long as there's a demand to meet.

I'll torch a perfectly good M1916 for you.
>>
File: double drake.jpg (95KB, 1000x1461px) Image search: [Google]
double drake.jpg
95KB, 1000x1461px
>>33152115
>Rechambering an Arisaka

There is a special place in hell for people like you.
>>
I don't see the point of getting an old milsurp rechambered. There are already milsurp out there chambered in common rounds like .308 and 30-06.
>>
>>33155988
Yeah, I'm sure you have a website and your work is so recognizable from all the other hacks. If you do such good work for these rifles you're selling wouldn't you want website traffic?
>>
>>33152115
If you want a milsurp in 30-06 get a fucking springfield, or a 1917, or an m1 because by the time you bubba an Arisaka you will be just as deep with no real value left in the file should you part with it.

Also 7.62x54r while no longer 15cpr it is still about 40cpr cheeper then fucking 30-06 so dont even think about bubbafucking a mosin.
>>
>>33156120
Ignore this fag. It's easy to be anything on the internet and he's scared to back up his bold claims. Probally a nogun too.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1200x600px
>>33156168
k
>>33156149
There comes a point when something is a barrel is shot out or too badly pitted to safely fire. Some of the SAMCO M1916s are so badly damaged that all you can salvage is the receiver and the bolt, for example.
>>33156211
Here's a relatively innocuous pic that you'll completely disregard.
>>
File: Kevin Sorbo from Farscape.jpg (59KB, 1200x678px) Image search: [Google]
Kevin Sorbo from Farscape.jpg
59KB, 1200x678px
>>33156325
Holy shit
>>
>>33156325
>>33156343
I probably should have mentioned that six pointed star is a thing the turks did, and not an Israeli mark.
>>
>>33156325
Cool you have a pitted beat up receiver, that still doesn't prove shit. And that other guy said rechamber not rebarrel
>>
>>33156325
To be fair the samco 1916's are all also totally scrubbed too, i got a GSS when JG sales had them for 120$ and it had just a serial number on it. No traces of anything else and it was rusted to shit so I can totally see rebuilding one of them since they lack any history in them. Same of most turk rifles since they were generally heavily refurbed and beat to hell (unless its an un-refurbed gew 98 or gew 88/05)
>>
Stop fucking with old military rifles.
I get it, "There's millions of em", that's great until millions of people share that same sentiment.
Remember, after WW2 there were tons of P-51, P-47s, and of other aircraft, all in pristine condition. They were sold and modified and picked bare because "There's thousands of them". Now look how rare they are.
>>
>>33156379
>disregarded
k
>rechamber not rebarrel
When a layman says chamber what they have in mind would usually require rebarreling. You could get it to go bang setting the threads back a little and re-reaming, but don't look at me when it explodes.
>>33156402
anon gets it
>>
>>33156325
Wait so how hard is it to do a Mauser convert 7.62x39? I need to know for science.
>>
>>33156498
You'd be the first person I'd look to if a gun you worked on exploded. I thought you were a badass gunsmith and all you've shown is a receiver, I almost want you to prove me wrong at this point, give me faith in anons again
>>
>>33152115
There are mausers that were rechambered in 30-06, just got to search around to find them
>>
File: uwot.jpg (25KB, 489x408px) Image search: [Google]
uwot.jpg
25KB, 489x408px
>>33152538
>7.62x54R
>snowflake
>>
>>33156402
all the unrefurbed gew88s i've seen have been beat to hell too. stored in caves in south america.

a lot of these bubba abominations everyone is so upset about are a result of only having a handful of parts from the rifles being shot out, neglected or disassembled and scattered by someone else.
>>
>>33155969
As long as a few survive, we haven't totally lost history. Physical possessions are meant to be used, not thrown up on some richfag's wall so he can impress his guests with it.

Johnny Smith wanted to shoot deer with his Arisaka he took from one of the Japs he waxed, so he lightened it up and put the damn thing to use instead of putting it on some retarded pedestal. I have 10x more respect for someone who does that than the milsurp collector trips who jerk their dicks to the complimentary comments in /msg/ about their 1926 Tula Dragoon they're too afraid to fire.
>>
>>33157130
you do realize most Milsurp collectors buy guns specifically to shoot them right? Wall hanger status is usually reserved for crazy ass rare ones or something very unique.

Also, if you want to use it for hunting or something, why not buy a rifle specifically made for hunting? Why the hell would you buy a Milsurp gun with a hard to find round, chop it up, and use that when you could go to Walmart and have hundreds of tailor built deer rifles that are brand new, more accurate, built to take scopes, and probably have cheaper ammo?

It just doesn't make sense. There's no reason to chop up historical pieces to do that. That's like getting a 57 Cadillac, saying "Durr it's meant to be used" then sticking a bunch of random shit on it when you could've just bought a brand new car for the same price with far less work AND not fucking up a restoration project someone else would have loved to do.
>>
>>33157130
Well of course you do, since you can't afford to collect anything in the first place, so you don't see or understand the value in anyone else doing so.
>>
>>33157199
>Why the hell would you buy a Milsurp gun with a hard to find round, chop it up, and use that when you could go to Walmart and have hundreds of tailor built deer rifles that are brand new, more accurate, built to take scopes, and probably have cheaper ammo?

This x10

I'm so goddamn sick of sporterized and bubba'd up milsurp.

Save up some money and get a modern hunting rifle. Stop trying to make milsurp into something they're not.
>>
>>33156325
That receiver is literally worth more as it was with a shot out barrel, but idiots like you are too stupid to understand that.
>>33157130
What really happened:
>bubba shoots his hacksawed Milsurp he ruined
>can't hit shit
>tinkers with it more
>still doesn't get what he wanted out of it
>throws it in his closet
>goes to a gunshop and buys a brand new Remchester

>>33157199
What's funny is that bubbas can't grasp the concept that a gun meant to kill a human, can kill a deer just as fine as it is in military condition. They also can't grasp the fact that the barrels, stocks and sights are all designed to work together for accuracy purposes.
>>
>>33157243
I don't get it either.

You can hunt with something like a Mosin. You don't even need to do anything to it, a stock Mosin will kill deer or anything just fine.

What is the point of bubba-ing it up?
>>
>>33157280
Used to be cheaper to buy a milsurp rifle and convert it to a hunting rifle. Now a lot of people think they're "improving" it, when they aren't. These are the same type of person who thinks a $50 head unit and $200 rims raises the value of their 94 Probe by $2000.
>>
>>33156695
I have no intention in showing anything at all.
>faith in anons
Well, that's dumb.
>>
>>33152479
Jesus man an Arisaka IS A FUCKING MAUSER
>>
>>33156120
See, I plan to buy all the sporterised enfields in my lgs and cut them down into trench blasters (after of course being a good boy and paying for my ATF cuck stamp) because the fudded versions of milsurp are the only versions I feel justified in fucking to hell.
>>
>>33157886
And yet building anything other than a replica of an original from salvaged and spare parts is heresy. Meanwhile, faking originals with salvaged and spare parts is also heresy.
>>
>>33157928
Oh I can understand building stuff out of spare parts if they are ACTUALLY spare parts, I'm just saying I dislike any guns that people take in issue condition and then turn into sporting rifles because they think they're doing anything good. I don't even dislike people who do stuff like modifying bolt shape, putting on trench mags, refinishing stocks, etc. I just hate seeing old guns that were made for soldiers turned into something that looks like every other commercial sporting rifle. I also feel ok about cutting up sporting rifles because I consider the aesthetic qualities of them unappealing, so I don't see any beauty to be destroyed, only a tool to be turned into a different form of tool.
>>
>>33157810
Cause you're full of shit? That's fair. The more guns you fuck up the more likely mine is to go up in price. Thanks
>>
>>33157824
NO ITS NOT, they're similar but not the same gun. Go read a book.
>>
File: kek.gif (2MB, 320x384px) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
2MB, 320x384px
>>33158033
No, you're right, they're not literally the same gun but Arisakas are based off the mauser action and the Arisaka type 99 is in fact a better candidate for caliber conversions than Mausers, as it is possibly one of the strongest boltguns ever made (muh grorious nippon steel). Are you done being a pedant now?
>>
>>33158161
Why is it a better candidate? I'm always willing to learn more, so no I'm done just yet. Also if arisakas are better then why are the most expensive custom bolt guns built on Mauser actions?
>>
File: 147501352861.jpg (91KB, 915x827px) Image search: [Google]
147501352861.jpg
91KB, 915x827px
>>33152115
I have fired .30-30 rounds from a nugget carbine just for the lulz.
superfast way to neck out the case lol
also according to P O ackley you can get an arisaka to fire anything that lines the firing pin up and you can close the bolt on that nigger had a hard time getting 1 to blow with HE....look it up bretty cool...would not recommend tho
>>
>>33158346
There was a dude, fuck if I remember his name, but he got a bunch of WWII rifles and torture tested all of them, put way overloaded bullets in them, etc, Arisaka came out on top. Also I believe IraqVeteran8888 tested and I think they had to do insane shit to get it to stop running. Also Mausers are more common so, law of large numbers.
>>
>>33152115
handload, faggot. you can load 7.7 jap for like 60 cpr. thats like 1/4 of factory price and only 20% more expensive than factory brass .308
>>
File: gunblade.jpg (117KB, 1183x248px) Image search: [Google]
gunblade.jpg
117KB, 1183x248px
>>33158425
It was po ackley read my post ass tart.
>>
Fuck that shit. Rechamber a 91/30 in .300 Win Mag. McGowen can make a barrel for you. There is a company in Ukraine who is making .300 WinMag sniper-nuggets.
>>
File: allpics.jpg (1MB, 1500x2115px) Image search: [Google]
allpics.jpg
1MB, 1500x2115px
Saw this Type 99 at a gun show. Has every feature except for the bayonet and monopod.
Guy had it priced at $495 but I wanted to talk him down to something reasonable. How much would you pay for it? Sorry only pics I took.
>>
File: 1485972404931.jpg (62KB, 585x467px) Image search: [Google]
1485972404931.jpg
62KB, 585x467px
>>33152115
>. 30-60
>7x62x39
>>
File: IMG_0668.jpg (477KB, 1600x843px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0668.jpg
477KB, 1600x843px
>>33160052
Do you have a better picture that shows pic related? I can make out the manufacturer (Toyo Kogyo) but not the series. Is it matching? Including the dust cover?

The stock has been sanded and refinished so with that most of the value is gone.
>>
>>33160052
At most shows I see 99s going for around $300 and Type 38s for $250. But that's without the Chrysanthemum, with a rifle in good condition like that you could be looking at around $400.
I'd offer him the $375 and then leave room to negotiate up to $450.

You can get the monopods and Type 30 bayonets online or other places.
>>
File: IMG_1965.jpg (935KB, 3860x1220px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1965.jpg
935KB, 3860x1220px
>>33160478
Just because you can get a monopod doesn't mean you should put it on. There is a lot of transitional rifles that still had the monopod rear band, but never had the monopod installed.
>>
>>33157130
>Physical possessions are meant to be used...

...which is why I use my Ming vase to spit my chewed Skoal into, pick up my groceries in my Bugatti Type 92, and chopped up the motherboard of my Apple I so that I could use it as an alarm clock.

Seriously, you're like one of those nigger rappers who buys bottles of vintage Dom Perignon and chugs it down like Old English 800 just because they can afford to. Plebs gonna pleb.
>>
>>33160477
Thanks. Yeah unfortunately that's all I took pics of before leaving.
>The stock has been sanded and refinished so with that most of the value is gone.
Fugggg
So what would you price it at if all matching?

>>33160478
Thanks.
>>
>>33152115
>Rechambering an Arisaka

How about no
>>
>>33158033
>NO ITS NOT
would you argue that the 1903 is not a Mauser?
>>
>>33161408
I don't think there is much to argue about. It's not. Almost every bolt action was designed after the mauser but that doesn't make them the same gun. Most cars were designed after the model T in the sense they all the same basic parts and functions but I wouldn't call a civic a model t. Just like I dont call every gun based on the mauser action, a mauser
>>
>>33155119
Implying a 120 year old piece of commie shit that was literally made in the billions is of any historic value. The only russian mosins of any actual value are the m38s and a few of the PU variants and if bubba can't afford nuggetfood he isn't talking about one of those.
>>
>>33158161
The Type-38 is stronger than the Type-99.
>>
>>33162003
The Model 1903 Springfield was such a Mauser that the US government paid Waffenfabrik Mauser a royalty of $1 per rifle for the first 200,000 rifles manufactured.
>>
>>33162003
This is refreshingly intelligent post
>>
File: Screenshot_20170225-195447.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170225-195447.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>33162034
Uhhhh....
>>
>>33162034
>literally made in the billions

found the millenial guys
>>
File: 00_Action1_Cover.png (1MB, 748x1000px) Image search: [Google]
00_Action1_Cover.png
1MB, 748x1000px
>>33162034
>Implying a 120 year old piece of commie shit that was literally made in the billions is of any historic value. The only russian mosins of any actual value are the m38s and a few of the PU variants and if bubba can't afford nuggetfood he isn't talking about one of those.

"Implying that a kids' comic book that they printed on cheap paper by the tens of thousands is of any collectors' value."
>>
>>33162103
Smith and wesson pays glock royalties for the sd and sigma pistols because it is so much alike but I don't see people calling the sd's glocks
>>
>>33156141
not my fault the fucking chink rounds are over 2 dollars

i'm not going to cry every time I shoot one
>>
>>33162614
then why not just buy a modern firearm in an easily available bullet?

This is like buying a 57 chevy and then being pissed off that it doesn't run on electricity. Just buy a goddamn electric car.
>>
>>33162614
It is 100% your fault. You can reload and have it for $0.50/rnd instead.
>>
File: 1455077729140.png (1MB, 1268x898px) Image search: [Google]
1455077729140.png
1MB, 1268x898px
>>33162181
Really kicking myself for not spending $700 on a Remington mosin I found...
>>
>>33162641
because modern firearms comparable to the Mosin/arisaka look like complete SHIT

>at the range shooting my tacticooled out savage arms bolt action rifle that isn't a cool ass surplus a russian charged a fucking nazi with in a battle or a glorious made folded 16 trillion times arisaka rifle

besides if I rechamber the arisaka to take a much cheaper bullet it will overtime pay off depending how much I shoot that beautiful rifle, and we both know it is a beautiful rifle.
I still want an SVD though, please give back crimea russia
>>
>>33162678
This has to be a troll

Just get one of the thousands of already converted rifles then. There's tons of enfields and mausers already converted to .308 for example. Or just get a damn Garand or something that was chambered in a modern carbine to begin with

Why chop up an irreplaceable rifle, even just a rough shooter grade one? You're destroying the point of it being historical in the first place. And it won't pay off because it'll be worth jack shit after you bubba it.
>>
File: 1468018724567.jpg (52KB, 625x415px) Image search: [Google]
1468018724567.jpg
52KB, 625x415px
>>33162720
it's part of my master plan

that means one less historical rifle in the world and the prices raise up more in the next 50 years

this plan is the instrument of /k/s liberation.
for real though I don't know much about the .308 round but i'll look into getting one chambered in that.
>>
>>33162678
I don't blame you man, I actually had this same thought as you did yesterday. There are apparently Chink converted Arisakas floating around. That being said your best bet from my research is to go 7.62x39 out of a large ring mauser. Apparently they are easier to convert. Also fuck the haters if you want your gun to get modded do it I would kill for a 7.62x39 Arisaka
>>
>>33162540
>I live in a primarily white area.
>>
>>33162540
Every 9mm pistol is a glock.
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.