[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Infantry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: NQS9KTS.jpg (441KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
NQS9KTS.jpg
441KB, 2048x1365px
Will infantry still be relevant in 20 years ? Not saying this aggressively i'm just wonder by seeing all the weaponry available and in development that fuck up an entire squad.
>>
Hardly. Things dont become irrelevant just because they can be defeated, or else everything would be irrelevant.
>>
>>33149896
Most likely yes, roles will surely be reduced, but not eliminated.
>>
>>33149896
>Will infantry still be relevant in 20 years
yes, you will always need people to occupy and police territory
>>
Is this the dumbest /k/ can get?
>>
>>33150003
>Is this the dumbest /k/ can get?
No.
>>
>>33149843
>>
>>33150003
>you now remember the first time you came here and were THAT innocent
>>
>>33150003
You haven't seen nothin yet
>>
>>33150003
You'll be here for a long time, friend.
>>
File: oniisama ackbar.jpg (61KB, 400x541px) Image search: [Google]
oniisama ackbar.jpg
61KB, 400x541px
>>33149896
In a large-scale, WW3-like war, definitivley yes. Tanks were already recognized as the main battle force in the 70's.
But most of the recent wars are counter-insurgencies or something similar, and the trend goes towards an urban setting where tanks are ineffective. The use of arillery or something similar is also very limited in these conflicts, due to the risk of endangering civilians, which you wouldn't have to worry about in WW3.
>>
of course not, if that were true our military would be solely comprised of tanks and jets.

You need boots on the ground to win a war.
>>
>>33149896
Who was that historic retard who suggested replacing all infantry with tankettes? I think it was in the interwar period.
>>
>>33149896
Absolutely. Other systems will simply evolve to work together with humans. Drones, APS systems and the sort. In the very end it all falls down to the simple fact that even if other systems develop to the point where they can wage war effectively on their own, the military will still be MORE effective with humans, or infantry in it, so they'll stay in.
>>
>>33150003
Hello new guy. Wait until you discover Antman.
>>
File: roboter.jpg (103KB, 1090x640px) Image search: [Google]
roboter.jpg
103KB, 1090x640px
What if Robots are made that are more efficient than humans?
>>
With the amount of shoulder fired missiles on the battlefield, infantry are more imba than they have been in a long time. When lasers become widespread, I guess infantry will be getting rekt again like in WW1.
>>
>>33150003
Oh no. Antman, Battleshipfag, Gliderfag, Trailerfag, "My Scenario Stands!" Chinkposter, and Mechfag haven't shown up yet.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.