[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /k/ think of this Assault Rifle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 244
Thread images: 43

File: IMG_9181.jpg (22KB, 730x171px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9181.jpg
22KB, 730x171px
What does /k/ think of this Assault Rifle?
>>
File: F3 assault rifle.png (1005KB, 2950x800px) Image search: [Google]
F3 assault rifle.png
1005KB, 2950x800px
>>33148893
Piece o' fucking shit. I know Beth hated Obsidian for making a better game than them, but would it have killed them to throw in some M4s or at least pic related?
>>
>>33148893
stupid, not going to lie, the shitty guns was a factor why i didn't buy this game
>>
>>33148893

What the fuck happened to that Lewis gun
>>
>>33148893

Bethesda went full retard and mutilated Obsidian's brain child.
>>
>>33148941
i was 100% surprised that gun and the chinese assault rifle werent in the game. then they added in a somewhat normal ak instead of the chinese one
>>
>>33148893
It's pretty much supposed to be an lmg. The retarded .45/.308 carbine was the assault rifle equivalent.
>>
>>33148941
This, why the fuck didn't the R91 come back?

I can understand why the NCR service rifles didn't show up in Fallout 4 lorewise, they were a west coast exclusive firearm produced locally by the NCR themselves. But why the fuck did the R91 just fucking disappear from the East Coast?

Also, why the fuck does all non-powered armour in Fallout 4 look so shit, bethesda already proved they can make decent looking armour like the combat armour in Fallout 3.
>>
File: 124123412.jpg (345KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
124123412.jpg
345KB, 1920x1080px
>>33150734
The Chinese Assault rifle was almost in the game, there's an untextured version in the game files.

The problem is Bethesda basically built the game around power armour, and a big problem was that a lot of normal looking weapons looked very small with used with power armour, so they wanted the "assault rifle" be be absolutely fuckhuge.
>>
>>33150837
>The Chinese Assault rifle was almost in the game, there's an untextured version in the game files.
i know thats why im so surprised they made a new ak model instead of just finishing the one they had.
>>
>>33148893
retarded beyond all measure
really? water cooled with like a 10-20rd mag by the looks of it?
>>
>>33148893
this and the fact that the hunting rifle is fucking left hand for no reason.
>>
>>33148893
Water cooled 20rd 5.56. Nothing else needs to be said.
>>
>>33150759
Its because they changed art styles.
>>
File: 1453688999067.png (1MB, 764x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1453688999067.png
1MB, 764x1080px
>>33148893

Funny story. That weapon is tagged as the "Machine Gun" in the game's files, possibly indicating that it was supposed to be an actual LMG lore-wise. Then, for whatever reason, Bethesda cut the Chinese Assault Rifle as >>33150837 noted, and the Machine Gun was re-purposed to fill the void.
>>
>>33150759
marine armor is gud imo
>>
>>33152893
It's aesthetic, but unless your strength and endurance stats are maxed, its heavy as shit.
>>
thanks jerks, now i have the urge to reinstall new vegas
>>
>>33152601
In the Art of Fallout 4, which is FO4's big ass concept art book, there's a caption in the "assault rifle" concepts that states that thing was originally supposed to be a machine gun that was designed to look beefy in the hands of power armor and to test the modular weapon mod system.

It just makes me sad that there's no true assault rifle in the vanilla game. The :combat rifle" is the closest thing we got, but it fires .45 ACP(?).
>>
File: 1487255650340.jpg (91KB, 640x801px) Image search: [Google]
1487255650340.jpg
91KB, 640x801px
>>33153385
>Not having NV installed at all times
>>
File: 1474556514949.jpg (951KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1474556514949.jpg
951KB, 1920x1080px
It's shit just like FO4, they put power armor around every fucking corner
>>
>>33156342
This really is the biggest issue with Fallout 4, they made power armour stronger than every other game, but also made it so fucking common that with a few perks you can effectively use power armour since the very start of the game for the whole game.

In NV you actually had to work for that shit.
>>
It would have looked way more bad ass with a pan drum mag sitting on top, but it should have been classified as the machine gun anyway, then the ak from Nuka World should have been the assault rifle.
>>
>>33153385

Do it. I appreciated it so much more after having to deal with 4.
>>
I just installed mods so i had the r91, the chinese assualt rifle, and service rifle.
>>
>>33156364
>In NV you actually had to work for power armor

Fucking this, a working exoskeleton with complicated mechanics and electronics wouldn't be just left lying around like most of them are, New England has shitty weather, most left lying outside would either be buried or rusted to shit.
>>
File: 1478236551111.jpg (289KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1478236551111.jpg
289KB, 1920x1200px
>>33156364
>In NV you actually had to work for that shit.

this so much

also every time the dialogue wheel popped up and the character spoke, it really makes me think that Bethesda wanted this game to be shit
>>
>>33156463
>New England has shitty weather, most left lying outside would either be buried or rusted to shit.

this, and don't forget 200 fucking years have past, and that shit was still just sitting there
>>
>>33153234
>aesthetic

you look like grimdark mcbighuge desu

not a fan
>>
>>33156486
>Two hundred years in the future
>Absolutely no chance of cross ocean travel
>Boston women have Irish accents
>>
>>33156506
>>Boston women have Irish accents

I would accept this if there were more irish in the game, or if Cait had family or a small community that she came from
>>
>>33156537
Sure, a tribe of descendants from Irish immigrants would make sense if they were very gated, but Cait is literally the only person in the game who has the accent.
>>
>>33156506
this shit right here
>>
>Assault rifle that shoots 5.56 despite looking like a fucking Lewis gun with a 10rd mag that seems to shoot something at least in a full sized cartridge
>"Combat rifle" that shoots fucking .45
>Submachine gun that's literally about as good at killing people as pissing on them, despite using the same exact cartridge as the combat rifle
>Assault rifle does more damage than the combat rifle
>Combat shotgun somehow does more damage than the regular shotgun

Everything else was shit about this game too. It's just another example of the direction RPGs are taking. No mainstream studio is interested in releasing an actual RPG anymore. They just want RPG-lite first person shooters that will appeal to teenagers on Xboxs and Playstations. Everything is dumbed down and will continue to become more and more dumbed down. Fuck, you can't even be evil in Fallout 4. It's literally impossible.

Limp-wristed liberal pussies who sit in a comfy office chair all day playing video games don't know shit about guns, go figure.
>>
>>33156506
>>33156559
The ghoul boy in the fridge for 200 years made me stop playing
>>
>>33156595
Oh and not to mention that the bolt on everything is on the left fucking side for some reason. Also not to mention that there is a pitiful LACK of guns in this game. Seriously, I think by level 20 you've seen every base gun the game has to offer. They try to make up for this with mods but considering most of the mods are complete shit that just isn't good enough.

Same goes with armor. Most of the armor looks like shit, for starters. By the time I hit level 40 I was still wearing military fatigues and leather armor because everything else just looked so stupid and bulky. And of course the power armor fiasco. I actually refused to use it by the time I got halfway through the game. When I joined the Brotherhood and literally the first thing they did was give me a full suit of the second best power armor in the game, at LEVEL FUCKING TEN, I actually spit out my water laughing and shut my computer off.

Fanboys will rationalize it by saying your character was in the Army beforehand but it's clearly shown in the opening cutscenes that he wasn't a power armor soldier.
>>
>>33156595
Joshua Sawyer (New Vegas dev) outright said he didn't know much about guns either. You know what he did? He took time to fucking learn.

He went to the range, he spent time with guns, disassembling them, learning about them, etc.
He didn't need to, but he actually took the time to learn about something so he could do it right.

This is what's absent from modern vidya, people who actually give a shit.
>>
>>33156621
I stopped playing fairly early on, when I realized that no matter what defenses you set up for your settlements, raiders and super mutants will spawn inside the camp. Inside buildings even.
>>
>>33156637
Also, why the fuck were they using laser rifles in the opening when even Operation Anchorage, made by Bethesda, showed that laser rifles were not issued during the war?

And where the fuck did T60 come from in the first place?
>>
File: IMG_7835.jpg (36KB, 799x305px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7835.jpg
36KB, 799x305px
Fuck it, I'll make my own fallout game, with Blackjack and hookers, it'll be set in New Hampshire so there isn't an excuse for lack of guns but still have the shitty Massachusetts aesthetic.
>>
>>33156637
>>33156595
>>33156640
Fallout new vegas is my favorite game, but I will say the one thing 4 got right was the brotherhood of steel actually feeling like a military organization, and actually seeing them patrolling the wasteland, and the feel of power armor.

If obsidian gets a hold of 4 and remakes it like they did 3 I think it'll be a masterpiece, but it's impossible to remake vegas. I wish I could forget that game so I could play it again for the first time.
>>
File: IMG_0779.jpg (59KB, 600x571px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0779.jpg
59KB, 600x571px
>>33156660
>>33156621
This image tells you everything you need to know
But please let's continue the fallout 4 rage thread, it's therapeutic for me.
>>
>>33156660
Even Fallout 4 doesn't make any sense on that shit. There's actually in-game consoles that state that the T-60 was just finishing development when the bombs fell, and then there's loading screens that state that T-60 was the most advanced power armor *in use* when the bombs fell. It's like the different departments working on the game didn't even fucking talk to each other.
>>33156640
Ah but anon, that would be hard. You'd have to pay your employees to go learn about stuff to make a better game. That isn't necessary. You see, Bethesda can simply coast off the success of their predecessors. They can take all of that money that should have been spent training devs, coming up with new ideas, coding, and ironing out bugs before release and just spend it all on advertising! Because consolefags will buy it regardless.

It's actually ironic that in the past, video game nerds were ostracized for "wasting their time," despite the fact that a lot of those games were actually in-depth and took skill and patience. Now, video games are casual as fuck and literal wastes of time, and yet they're mainstream as hell.
>>
>>33156637
>your character was in the Army beforehand but it's clearly shown in the opening cutscenes that he wasn't a power armor soldier.

thats if you picked the male and not the female lawyer, also power armor was extremely limited and used in the late stages of war, I don't see how Beth doesn't think people won't notice this
>>
>>33156691
Christ this picture pisses me off. They have absolutely no respect for the license. Fallout lore had so much time and care put behind it. And they're just fucking it all up because they can.
>>33156689
I know they had a few good ideas. But in my opinion they focused too much on the military aspect of the Brotherhood and not the monastic aspect of them. The power armor was definitely an improvement. Power armor is quite literally a man-portable tank, and they made it feel that way. They just completely fucked up its execution in game.

Two hours into the game I was General of the Minutemen, had a full suit of the second best power armor in the game for free, and got arguably the best sniper rifle in the game (Gauss rifle) by simply stealing it from the Prydwyn. It's fucking madness.
>>
>>33156711
> I don't see how Beth doesn't think people won't notice this

Oh they know they will, they just don't give a shit. And unfortunately most of the people who play the game won't give a shit either because they're 16 years old and just want to see explosions
>>
>>33156496
I like it because it gives off that big future solider look that other armors in the game fail to capture because Bethesda ran with the 1950s feel way too fucking hard.
>>
>>33156691
If you're seriously insinuating about "just turn ur brain off bro haha"

Character motivations and living storytelling are absolutely critical. Why does /k/ love that one guy that you never meet and has been dead forever in Honest Hearts, a DLC for New Vegas? Because he is alive. You find little pieces and leavings from him. You find his notes, you get to know his character without having a single 4 choice conversation with ability to smooth talk for 14 caps. In the end all you really get of him is a bent rifle, but he is one of the most remembered characters from it.

That is fucking storytelling. Saying "Omg ghouls talk" is lazy as shit. Might as well have a unicorn faction that farts ammo and queefs stimpacks with 0 explanation

fucking christ shitty writers and their apologists piss me off
>>
>>33148893
At least they added that AK in the Nuka Cola DLC.
>>
Can somebody state if the X-01 Power Armor has been ret-conned as to being Pre-War now? I highly doubt the Enclave decided to fuck around Nuka-World and litter their best armor everywhere.
>>
>>33156701
That's not ironic, that's just the natural progression, casual gamers took over the industry and games became more casual to appeal to them.
What's ironic is that vidya is mainstream now, but if you don't play the most popular basic bitch vidya casuals will shit on you and then go play the new CoD immediately after
>>
File: 1467156383761.jpg (576KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1467156383761.jpg
576KB, 1920x1200px
With enough scrap metal you can create a water purifier, a fucking purifier, the focal point of Fallout 3 is something you can just throw together
>>
>>33156763
>Might as well have a unicorn faction that farts ammo and queefs stimpacks with 0 explanation
Honestly that's not very far off from what Bethesda might try next, remember that fucking vampires exist in Bethesda lore.
>>
>>33156802
>be me, going to college on GI bill
>talking to guy, he mentions video games
>yeah man, what do you play
>realize that any title I tell him about would likely have come out when he was in middle school

fuck, this is what getting old feels like
>>
>>33156763
Nice reading comprehension. I know you're probably blind with rage, understandably so; but what I was saying is that this is the view of the people in charge. They don't care. I meant these threads are therapeutic for me, soothing even, because I know that I'm not alone in my impotent rage at the raping of a beloved franchise.
>>
File: Dat TD doh.png (196KB, 425x311px) Image search: [Google]
Dat TD doh.png
196KB, 425x311px
>>33156827
>tfw the most recently released game you played was Bloodborne
>tfw BB is basically the only non-indie game other than New Vegas and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for the past two years, having well over 600 hours
>tfw no one you talk to even knows what the fuck Bloodborne is
>>
>>33156821
>a random with imagination, motivation and a great deal of time creates this
>debby with a design degree makes the completely forgettable baseball stadium town I literally cannot remember (oh yeah diamond city) on a 3 figure salary

this is why modern RPGs are so soulless, no heart in it

>>33156824
>vampires

in fallout? you fucking lie. I wouldn't mind it too much if it was well fleshed out, but I doubt it would be
>>
>>33156856
in FO3 some guy and his cult call themselves vampires
>>
>>33156829
Yeah, I re-read your post after posting and understood what you meant after. My bad. You're completely correct desu

>>33156850
For me it is:
any total war
mount and blade
KOTOR
New Vegas

currently wondering whether I should gamble on EA to not fuck up Mass Effect again on Andromeda
>>
>>33148941
With crazy and xenophobic everyone in the Fallout US is I'm surprised they didn't adopt an intermediate caliber M14 or the M16.
>>
>>33156856
There's a mini quest for a cult in FO3 where you grab blood packs for people who think they're vampires. I don't remember if they really are but you can either kill them all or get them blood packs for caps I think.
>>
>>33156821
The fact that there's no almost no clean drinking water in Fallout 3 after two hundred fucking years, with fucking "scientist" trying to make a clean water source, is in itself retarded.

All it fucking takes to purify water is to run it through some dirt or charcoal, a running river would have unirradiate itself centuries ago.

>>33156856
There's a quest in fallout three were a kid murders his parents by drinking their blood and goes to live with a bunch of legit vampires who get special healing powers from drinking blood in the subway.
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_Ties

You could argue that they're just a bunch of roleplaying edgelords, but they legit give you a perk that makes blood packs significantly health healers.
>>
>>33156689
New Vegas was mediocre. The best fallouts were 1 and 2 by fucking far.
>>
>>33148893
Okay, /k/, I know I'm going to be in the minority here, but I really like it. Yes, its pretty much a fucking Lewis Gun in 5.56 and is oversized and makes no sense, but it really fits well with Fallout 4's style and looks.

I think it was intended to do heavier damage or be higher caliber, and sort of serve as a sort of LMG/heavy assault rifle for Power Armor soldiers. Doesn't make sense in the game with it being in 5.56 and the Combat Rifle being in .308, but I downloaded a mod that switched it and I'm satisfied with it.
>>
>>33156888
I've seen the webm's like the absolutely fucking retarded disarming of the turian, I'm not very hopeful.
>>
>>33156688
Hitler, if you do it, I will play it.
>>
>>33156888
Thanks anon, we all make mistakes
>>
>>33156559
There's the bartender and his brother who have Slavic accents
>>
>>33156910
>New Vegas was mediocre

Todd Howard plz
>>
>>33155586
And that's why we all mod the fuck out of it with .38 DA revolvers, 5.56 combat rifles and .50s that actually do more damage than the .308

Also going full retard and making the assault rifle a .308 with legendary infinite effect
>>
File: 12341324132.jpg (32KB, 540x547px) Image search: [Google]
12341324132.jpg
32KB, 540x547px
>>33156976
BUY MY GAME YOU FUCK!
>>
>>33156908
>>33156909
ah, thanks. I can barely even remember any of the quests from 3 or Skyrim, it just all seemed like a shitty grey blur. Off the top of my head:

>fallout 3
the rangers
weird nuka cola girl
tenpenny tower
town made out of old aircraft carrier

>skyrim
you are the chosen one x 100 questline

>>33156910
I've never played 1 or 2, I guess it's time to stop fucking around and download them. Will do

>>33156922
fuck I forgot about that one
>>
>>33157009
Fallout 1 was great, Fallout 2 wasn't bad either but sometimes the humour just went too far.
I get that Fallout isn't supposed to be all gloom and doom but 2 seriously overdid it with a lot of shit.
>>
>>33151514

Game devs make guns left handed so you can see the brass being ejected. It's been a thing for a long while now.
>>
File: 1467164863455.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1467164863455.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Here's a video for those who are interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A34poZ6paGs
>>
>>33156967
I stopped playing shortly after they were introduced. They don't explain their accents at all?
Judging from this thread I've only seen the top of the iceberg of the dissapointment I've avoided.
>>
>>33157028
I got that feeling too. I know a lot of people say 2 was the best in the series, but I enjoyed 1 more. That being said, both were great games.
>>
>>33157042
Is this worth my time?
>>
>>33157070
Can a consolfag play 1 & 2?
>>
>>33157080
You could run them on a toaster anon, if you have a computer, any computer at all, you can play 1 and 2.
>>
>>33157042
>1 HOUR 23 MIN
>speaker addresses this first instead of saying HEY GUYS ITS YOUR BOY _____ WHATS UP MY FRIENDS HEY (insert current events) (insert gamer couture shit) etc. for 30 minutes

alright, I'll watch it
>>
>>33157080
I don't think so unless Bethesda did a port recently. They can both run on potatoes so chances are any computer you have will run it.
>>
>>33156850
I'm a souls fag so I like BB, even though they went full retard with the weapons. As I say that as a souls fag. I love how vague the storytelling is in all of them and how old school the games are as a whole. I know DS is more or less wrapped up, so more BB games are my new hope
>>
>>33157071
He mainly points out the glaring inconsistencies in FO4 and all technical bugs in the game all while trying his hardest to be objective
>>
>>33156907
Fallout 1,2 and tactics (meh) were FULL OF actual guns. That went to shit with 3
>>
>>33157050
I didn't care. I just figured there was some immigrants who had a tribe
>>
>>33157095
>>33157089
>run it on a toaster
>run it on a potatoe
Whelp, looks like I'm downloading fallout 1 and making home fries.
>>33157107
I'll give it a shot.
>>
>>33156659
It's even better in the Vault DLC when you make an underground Vault and they spawn between the cave wall and the Vault wall.

Always a good time tearing down walls to get the stuck mutants that are putting your settlers in an infinite alert status.
>>
>>33157042
>hasn't played FO1&2
>>
>>33157028
>>33157070
Fallout 2 is a functionally better game, and it's my favorite, but I think 1 is better. Either way the black humor worked much better than dumb shit like raiders legit being mass murdering psychos as opposed to Ya know, raiders. How the fuck do settlements even exist with SO.MANY.RAIDERS
>>
>>33157180
I appreciate the honesty desu
>>
>>33157031
>replaying farcry 2 and that is literally every weapon
God dam i and so pissed, but enjoying the game
>>
File: 1401931867190.jpg (228KB, 640x879px) Image search: [Google]
1401931867190.jpg
228KB, 640x879px
>>33157103
Why don't you like the weapons? They're some of the best froms ever made with their absolute fuckhuge movesets, I'll take over the usually "10 different weapons with the exact same movesets" shit anyday
>>
The things I hate the most about 3 and 4 is the obsession with the world before the bombs fell and how despite taking place 230+ years after the bombs dropped everything in the game almost feels like it was made with it being a few decades since.

hell the world 3 is in worse shape than 1; and that takes place 70 years after the apocalypse.
>>
File: 1451693680125.jpg (104KB, 1024x464px) Image search: [Google]
1451693680125.jpg
104KB, 1024x464px
>>33157326
>being a cone head and not a blood addled cainhurst knight
>>
>>33157334
This also bugged me.
Fallout 1 was society starting to reform itself, merchants and trading were a huge focal point of the world.
Fallout 2 was about society basically having reformed to an extent, now the world was filled with pre-war and post war factions and tribes creating their own cultures.
Fallout New Vegas was about the now fully realized and redeveloped societies reaching the point where they waged war over resource once again, going completely full circle and truly driving home the idea that war never changes.

And then you have Fallout 3 where you have a handful of tiny communities and a few factions (that shouldn't even exist) just so we actually feel like there's stakes in our holy campaign to change the world that revolves entirely around us, but for the most part everyone is still fucking banging rocks together.
>>
File: Advanced bullying.jpg (909KB, 1000x3140px) Image search: [Google]
Advanced bullying.jpg
909KB, 1000x3140px
>>33157390
Vilecuck pls go and stay go, do not forget Alfred, vilecucks we kill the queen.
>>
File: IMG_2077.jpg (86KB, 564x792px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2077.jpg
86KB, 564x792px
>>33157402
>vilecucks we kill the queen.
lol queen can't die
>>
File: 213431243143124.png (2MB, 1280x1002px) Image search: [Google]
213431243143124.png
2MB, 1280x1002px
>>33157417
But she can be mangled and broken, what good is her immortality with all her insides on the outside for all the world to see?
>>
>>33148893
Shitty gun in a shitty series of guns in the shit pile that is Fallout 4.

What are you gonna do, though? Bethesda just fucking sucks at making Fallout games.
>>
>>33157424
idk I thought she just recovered over time

Also, I hated that the vileblood covenant gave zero rewards after I farmed about 90 blood dregs
>>
>>33148893
>Outright remove skills from the game and leave only perks, apologists defend this by saying "skills are boring, they just raise numbers, having a lot of unique perks is better"
>90% of the perks just raise fucking numbers like skills would
>>
File: 432 blood chunks later.jpg (478KB, 1024x1437px) Image search: [Google]
432 blood chunks later.jpg
478KB, 1024x1437px
>>33157464
>90 Blood Dregs
Come back when you're near the top 100 then we'll talk fegit, bet you don't even have over 100 hours in the game.
>>
File: its treason then.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
its treason then.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>find a safe in a bunker that hasn't been touched for over 200 years
>LEFT HANDED PIPE GUN
>>
File: 1461892683408.jpg (60KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
1461892683408.jpg
60KB, 700x500px
>>33156691
Holy fuck. Is this real?

Jesus, I know Bethesda drove a fucking mack truck through the Fallout lore in 4 but I just thought it was because they were incompetent... not that they either did it intentionally or recognized it but simply didn't give a fuck.
>>
>>33157479
this makes wanna play bloodborne again and invade cone heads in the co-op sections
>>
>>33157489
Did you ever honestly believe Bethesda ever gave a shit about lore?

Remember that an east coast ghoul managed to make superjet in his basement with fucking cereal, while on the west coast the creation of jet took one genuine kid with an entire mob family backing him and hundreds of dead slaves.
>>
>>33157503
Just come to the /bbg/ fightclub every Saturday, details on opening post
>>>/vg/169621553
>>
>>33148893
I'm so fucking tired of games with these shitty fake guns
>>
>>33157513
And also, iirc, the ending of Fallout 2 states that with that kids death (which I think is cannon) the knowledge of how to make jet was lost forever.
>>
>>33157535
It's cannon, stabbed by a jet addict, I mean there's still jet in New Vegas but you could argue there was just such a massive surplus of the stuff on the west coast that it's still fairly common.
Hell, I'd even buy that merchants brought fuckhuge quantities to the east coast.

But fucking locally produced super jet? That's just bullshit.
>>
>>33157557
>It's cannon,
It still bothers me that there are Deathclaw on the east coast
>>
>>33157326
Movesets are great, and learning them is one of the things I really enjoy about all of the games because that's arguably more important than the damage.

I've just never been a fan of retarded ass gigantic retardo weapons. So how I've ever enjoyed JRPGs may seem puzzling. I've just never liked those design choices.

Buster swords, Dragon teeth, enormous scythes etc,always the biggest con aside from those social cultural differences that make me also not like the vast majority of anime
>>
File: Can't touch this.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Can't touch this.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>33157645
At least it makes some sense in this game considering hunters are not human. I'll take a bit of suspension of disbelief if the weapons are really fun.
>>
>>33157487
God I hate the catacombs. Hate it even more that I didn't get my free levels from yoel before he fucking died
>>
>>33157557
Could have been any other drug but they chose jet. Because bethesda. Same with ghouls being ugly guys that still function just fine with zero real downsides to being a ghoul. In fact it's better because ghouls are somehow no longer falling apart.

>>33157594
And massive amounts of a sterile race of supermutants that were a small number to begin with
>>
>>33157649
Not human sure ,but some many fantasy weapons are just ergonomic nightmares, like sparring with a Christmas tree full of scorpions.

Still fun as fuck though and the environment is great if a little wasted
>>
>>33157479
I remember when I was number 6... then everyone used the duplication glitch and I went to 20ish, then 300ish in less than 3 days
>>
>>33157123

Wasn't Tactics declared non-canon?
>>
>>33156801
I could look past every other retarded retcon in FO4, but this one bugs me the most.
>>
>>33157975
Tactics sits at semi-canon where it's cannon unless in contradicts something and with how Bethesda handles lore, who knows what the fuck that means.
>>
>bring fwb's 11 year old little brother a copy of New Vegas
>he mostly ignores it at first and keeps playing Overwatch
>ask if he wants to bring his Xbox in the living room and play it
>he starts off slow and seems bored
>finds a meat cleaver and starts hacking Powder Gangers' limbs off with it and cackling like a mad man
>as I leave he's executing Deputy Beagle with a Hi-Power for being a huge pussy

It was like watching me ten years ago, guys. I'm so proud.
>>
>>33156909
I read Fallout 3 was supposed to take place only thirty years after the war. That explains why the wasteland looks the way it does I guess and why the water is still very irradiated. I assume the decided against it so they could put stuff from 1 and 2 in and they just didn't change enough for it to actually seem like two hundred years as apposed to just thirty.
>>
>>33158691
It's 30 years after FO2.

Starting around 2160 it goes FO1, tactics,BOS, FO2, FO3,NV,FO4.
>>
>>33156364
...NV had power armor?

>tfw never fucking got it.
>played on survival difficulty
>did a lot of exploration
>SOMEHOW NEVER GOT IT

I literally thought the Ranger armor was the equivalent. Nothing of value was lost
>>
>>33148941
>That curved magazine
Yep, that's a CETME alright. Though they gave it G3 iron sights
>>
>>33157176
They just won't spawn if you have enough turrets.
Just build a room and FILL it with machine gun turrets - bam - no raids ever.
>>
>>33159011
Easiest way to get it was through the BOS.
>>
>>33152601
>those power armor proportions

is this natty?
>>
File: 1441684997380.jpg (18KB, 254x276px) Image search: [Google]
1441684997380.jpg
18KB, 254x276px
>>33156302
That's an uke loyalist right? Armored better than Russains? WTF?
>>
>>33156506
well supposedly Alistair Tenpenny came across the ocean. He says how Britain was worse.
>>
>>33159188

No? Where are you getting that idea from?

That's one of the Russian combat engineer armor suit things or one of their 'future soldier' concepts they were throwing around a few years ago.
>>
>>33150734
I worked so hard to level up to get that AK maxed out. Now thats all i carry
>>
>>33156888
>Mount and Blade
>EU4/CK2
>Insurgency
>Jedi Knight Academy
>Verdun on occasion
>DEFCON
>I still play AOE2/3
>>
>>33159226
from an old Cold War map, England has the highest density of nuke targets. So that may be legit.
>>
>>33159274
I see all these Loyalists with gucci gear from time to to time. Plus the burkin didn't look Russian
>>
>>33150759
It's because Bethesda doesn't give a shit when people buy the game regardless and the modding community will do 90% of their work.
>>
>>33159226
makes me sad tbqh
No Fallout: Old World

But i suppose part of the main aesthetic of fallout is the pulp sci-fi retro 50s america vibe it has going on
>>
>>33159274
Nah, that's the full Ratnik system.
Supposedly coming up to 200,000 full or partial systems deployed.
>>
>>33156364
>In NV you actually had to work for that shit.
>you had to work hard to get power armour

If you mean the training, sure. But you could easily get the NCR Power Armour from hoover dam. I can only think of two actual ways of getting the training, and that's through the Enclave questline and the BoS one.
>>
File: 45656-3-1332265533.jpg (436KB, 1280x721px) Image search: [Google]
45656-3-1332265533.jpg
436KB, 1280x721px
>meanwhile in New Vegas
>>
>>33159405
The NCR scavenged power armour was just the shell of the armour - all the servos had been removed.
>>
>>33156688
kickstart it, i'll donate to it. add vehicles of some sort too.
>>
>>33159328
Russia didn't take that many nukes so Russia could the only stable country
>>
>>33156850
How'd you like it? Recommend to a Souls fan?
>>
>>33157009
Skyrims big problem was that it just accelerated you to the top of every faction the moment you joined. In oblivion you had to travel to every mages guild before even being admitted as a full member and in the dark brotherhood you became listener at the end of the faction questline after killing the old listener. In Skyrim you just "are" the listener, right off the bat, and in the companions you do like two fucking quests before you joining the circle and becoming a werewolf, keeping in mind that the circle is supposed to made up of only the most powerful companions and the werewolf thing is such a secret that the non circle companions don't even know about it. And so here comes along me, the level 3 asshole who had to reload an earlier save because he accidentally shot farkas with an arrow while trying to fight a giant, and they just readily accept me into the most elite and secret part of their organization.

Also, taking away the skill requirements for faction advancemt in morrowind was such a huge fucking mistake. I should not be able to become archmage of the college of winterhold by being an armor-clad, hammer swinging asshole that knows maybe 4 spells.
>>
>>33159609
100x yes buy it
>>
File: modlist.png (63KB, 906x1467px) Image search: [Google]
modlist.png
63KB, 906x1467px
Rate my modlist.
>>
>>33148893
It looks like a Lewis, an M249 and a FG42 had a threesome
>>
>>33159651
Your last point is my biggest complaint about the newer Elder Scrolls.
They took the requirements out so the game could be completed ~100% on a single run in order to appeal to a more casual audience, and it completely fucks the immersion.
>>
>>33157163
there's an HD modded version that lets you play in 1080p but to be honest it makes everything tiny so you're probably better off just playing the original.
>>33159011
Play with the BoS, or betray them after it whatever.
There's other ways too, you can get 45d, 51b and 2 variants of the Enclave stuff
>>33159379
>>33159328

I'd like to see one set in Britain. Could be interesting. Probably more grim though
>>33159673
Have only played about an hour of FO4, didn't it also have a maxim style crank handle?
>>33159469
>>33156688
I do sound design. pls hire me.
>>
>>33157557
Didn't jack know how to make jet in new Vegas? Considering that he had a dedicated Chem lab and was some sort of scientific savant on the scale of that real-world guy who made (and sampled) like 100 kinds of LSD, I can actually believe that jack got hold of some jet and figured out a way to reproduce it.

Plus, Dixon in new Vegas managed to reproduce a cheaper knockoff version of jet, so it really seems like people were breaking down the drug and learning to make it on their own.
>>
>>33159708
Yeah but i feel there is a chance Bethesda wouldnt be able to pull it off as they would try and include a checklist of things that shouldnt be there (Vault-Tec, BOS etc) instead of making up genuinely new things.

I think Obsidian could get the right Vibe though, would be like Stalker crossed with New Vegas factions and Fallout 3 aesthetic.

Dont get me wrong, Bethesda do have some good people so they may be able to, and they did do a bit of innovating for Fallout 4; No enclave forced in this time, new more fair VATS t,he Institute was a good idea, so was the BOS Zeppelin (i suppose BOS had to be included-makes the game more fun and i wouldnt have been too happy if they had not) , and they did introduce some new creatures and the whole glowing sea thing, the companions were competently done too.
However they Completely fucked up the Dialogue and couldnt match Obsidian for faction relations, also removing skills pissed me off.
>>
File: 1454962235018.gif (931KB, 264x320px) Image search: [Google]
1454962235018.gif
931KB, 264x320px
>>33157261
except for the FAL. For some inexplicably stupid reason, where every gun is flipped to reveal the action and ejection to be more dynamic and cool, the one gun that has the charging handle on the left the FAL is flipped?????????/
>>
>>33159808
Yeah Bethesda would ruin it. New Vegas was brilliant though, Obsidian could get something grim and dark but with a small amount of humor and Fallout vibes. You could easily make the whole of central london into the glowing sea.

That dialogue system was awful, the wooden acting was awful. There would be no BoS but there would be some form of equivalent.
>>
>>33152601
Honestly with a large drum or box on it the thing would be sick as an LMG, just an updated lewis gun, but the fact it is in 5.56 and an assault rifle bugs my autism.
>>
>>33156691
Bethesda just found a formula that sells and repeat it all the time. Anything else than that formula are just failed attempts at making something good. But since the fanbase is generally composed of people who have low standards in games or are too braindead to see any flaws, Bethesda can just remain lazy forever. Imagine if all of the Dunning-Kruger retards of /k/ designed a weapon. Well that's what Bethesda is for gaming.
>>
>>33159671
>no nude mods
>no slave mods
>no pregnancy mods
>no futa mods
>no deathclaw impregnation mods
3/10 it's okay - IGN
>>
>>33156976
It's true. The world feels totally static. New Vegas proper feels tiny and underwhelming. It doesn't match the sheer sense of wonderment you get playing 1 and 2.
>>
>>33156637
A decent number of games put the bolt on the left, because it "looks better".
>>
>>33157070
2 was a significantly larger game. Fallout 1 is a relatively quick game to play through.
>>
>>33148959
Not like a couple of simple mods could've fixed that.

At least they did right by the hunting rifle.
>>
>>33159671
>Cyberware
>Rebalance
>Equipment
Everything from Project Nevada save for core is shit.
>>
>>33159963
>At least they did right by the hunting rifle
It's left handed for no reason and bolt actionsare actually troublesome to use wrong-handed.

I'm a leftie and it bothers me.
>>
>>33156989
I miss this meme.
>>
>>33159875
Would be refreshing to have the same vibe but a new slate.

What are your ideas on what it could be like?

I think have it set at the same time as fallout 1 rather than at the time of fallout 4.
If London was completely Obliterated then there wouldnt really be a game and it cant be like the glowing sea because there are no nuclear reactors in London so its going to have to be like DC where for some reason the majority of the buildings survive.

Factions:
Metropolital Police- batshit insane descendants of a group of police who survived the war. Possibly all ghouls instead. Have medium-tier gear which is useful and valuable- armour about equivalent to security armour and they have equivalent to 10mm, some have assault rifles.
If ghouls should be mostly found in the no-go radiation areas, if not should have some very authoritarian settlements- a bit like the Legion.

Government: Descendants of the government who hid in bunkers when the bombs fell, good armour but not power armour, have plasma weapons or some equivalent- some sort of new incinerator ray would be cool.
Might be leaning too close to the concept of the Enclave though so some specific things and perhaps general evil-ness needs to be avoided.

Wildcard faction- something pretty random but somewhat grounded, i dont know if i want to make a memey history cosplayer faction like the minutemen, but maybe the Beefeaters or 17th.C style cosplayers would be interesting; Monarchists vs Republicans, both fighting over the ruins of various locations like the Tower, Buckingham Palace, Parliament.

Bigger map than the previous ones, so perhaps like NV or 3, you have the city and then a big range of outlying settlements and locations, London is in a basin so you cant just stick up mountains though,
Settlements:
Monsters: There really have to be things living in the water, idk if mirelurks would be appropriate though, giant fish and eels with sharp teeth and possibly vestigial limbs would be cool though.
>>
File: 1469060617242.jpg (86KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
1469060617242.jpg
86KB, 1152x648px
I'd love to see a Fallout game about Chicago developed by Obsidian.
>>
>>33160549
Would Fallout Chicago be more or less violent than regular Chicago?

On an unrelated note, Fallout in other states would be nice to see. Fallout Texas, Louisiana, and Hawaii might be cool. Maybe do Fallout Miami/Caribbean as a post-nuclear Wind Waker.
>>
File: 1454082411124.jpg (1003KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1454082411124.jpg
1003KB, 1920x1080px
>>33160600
>Would Fallout Chicago be more or less violent than regular Chicago?
It would probably less violent considering that it's the Enclave HQ
>>
>>33160614
>It would probably less violent considering that it's the Enclave HQ

Sauce?
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 520x390px
>>33160091
>>33160091
Well maybe there would be reactors in London at this time? Who knows maybe as the resource wars continued (which hit Europe hardest) there's a need to have reactors powering more things though you're right probably not. Also I agree, time wise fallout 4 is getting too late. More content within the 50 years after 2077.

Would be cool to raid small farms and build settlements. There's some good open land 30 mins to an hour south of London or so. Frensham ponds. Would be a good mirelurk area. Also these places
>Mansuell forts
>spitbank fort

would be fantastic locations for surviving factions. There's a few Napoleonic star forts too but I'm thinking specifically around my area. Like you said, the 17th18th19th century style factions that got their style from our Redcoats etc

Nice ideas.
>>
>>33160622
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Chicago

After the Oil Rig was destroyed they relocated
>>
>>33160651

I suppose *theoretically* Battersea power station could concievably have been made into a nuclear station, but it just seems a bit contrived tbqh.

Greater London area, its very built up now but it was a bit less so if we are going for retro 50s.
Those forts would probably be good for the cosplay factions.

If we are going to put in London, without fucking up the scale, its going to be difficult to put those radar tower things in unless its DLC.
Could be a point lookout style DLC except set in east Anglia, that would be cool.

Other DLCs could be other cities, perhaps York or something, or maybe even a really big DLC which is one of the channel Islands or part of another country like one of the north Sea islands off Germany or Holland.

I do want to see an RAF base with pseudo-Vulcan bombers and i want some sort of Bunkers to explore
>>
>>33160664

All that says that there -might- be outposts. Nothing about a goddamn -capital city-.
>>
>>33160960

I counted exactly 472 Enclave Personell in Fallout 3, now that really has to be most of the Enclave flowing the Oil Rig blowing up
>>
>>33160819
Yeah battersea probably not.
Well Portsmouth would be good, you've got forts, sea forts, naval bases and the HMS Victory.

Yeah finding an airfield, Vulcans and desu you make use of churchills bunker. Scale would be hard though.
>>
>>33161028
Would love a scary bunker with some sort of monsters in it, make a sort of subsection of the game as a horror.

Want to have cars and stuff, new engines/ software and more powerful hardware for the game so should start to be possible.

What would be really cool would be having a flooded city,this was sort of broached in f04 with the boston coastline and that flooded town, except most of the buildings were boarded up and the water was sort of boring , no buildings were fully under and it just made you slow
Double decker buses are going to be fun to have/explore
>>
File: Fort_Nelson.jpg (60KB, 900x274px) Image search: [Google]
Fort_Nelson.jpg
60KB, 900x274px
>>33161123
New Vegas had you go under water completely in some vaults didn't it? Pretty neat. Yeah you could turn a double decker into a mini mobile base, a traditional one though, not the horrific modern abominations. Churchills bunker/war rooms could be fantastic for a horror section. This fort has underground tunnels and could be an awesome "town".

Cars are difficult though, wouldn't most be absolutely wrecked or useless at this point? Granted some somewhere would be viable though. Also do we want to just play Mad Max?
>>
>>33156342
>>33156364
I'm OK with PA filling the traditional heavy armor niche and having a progression instead of just being endgame gear, but yeah, they really needed to give it some legitimate disadvantages. Fusion cores are way too common and last too long to matter, and PA has no other downsides unless you're a stealth character.
>>
>>33156688
>Fuck it, I'll make my own fallout game, with Blackjack and hookers
Trip on, Obsidian.
>>
>>33161209
We do want to play Mad Max

That fort would be cool, as long as it doesnt draw too many parallels with the minuteman base,

Yeah, the buses would also be interesting to explore underwater

So factions:
Police settlements with an authoritarian crazy vibe like the Legion or the gunners

Government remnants (should be pretty small)- based in one or two bunkers and/or a warship

2 Cosplay Factions: Either monarchists vs republicans or some two rival warlords with a medieval aesthetic

Militaristic faction- sort of like the brotherhood of steel i suppose, different name, stuff and symbols of course

Sciencey-research faction- could just be the government remnants but i feel like there needs to be many factions, perhaps a branch of the followers of the apocalypse or some equivalent.

Independent settlements: (like in all the others) except more British than the others, should be a Tenpenny towers equivalent too as well as doing the farms like in 4, all the small towns like in New Vegas, some big town (like megaton and diamond city)perhaps on an old airforce base or on the site of an pre-war town or maybe on a warship.Maybe both.
>>
>>33161427
yeah you've got it pretty much nailed. in fact meeting the Tenpenny family could be done. The london underground would be fantastic too.

Would be great if there was a wild wasteland trait that let you fight ghoulified corgis in Buckingham Palace...
>>
>>33157487
kek that filename
>>
>>33148893
it is shit and the fucking icon for it is an ak. I always get excited to use it and its a shit semi pos
>>
Fallout 4 is unplayable without mods. I never use the damn power armour either.
>>
>>33161593
I wouldnt be surprised if that was included, but dont want to upset the Royal family by making a game where you kill their dogs.

Now we just need to convince bethesda to let Obsidian use the license and then convince Obsidian that Bethesda wont fuck them over again
>>
>>33161834
Of course, that's why i didn't mention fighting off ghoul prince Philip.

Probably won't happen but i'm sure i read somewhere a while back that there was a thought to make a UK based game
>>
>>33159907
It pisses me off even more that making guns automatic in that game makes their shot per shot damage drop like a brick. The best way to run any gun in game is to give it the strongest receiver it can(semi auto) and slap the trigger as fast as you can. It confuses me as to how they fail at not simply making the gun fully automatic as a base trait, and then have the receivers effect only RoF and damage per shot.

This on top of the lazy as hell creation of the new combat rifle from the combat shotgun's model, every single sniper rifle in game being absolute ass compared to the gauss rifle in every way, and the fact that the didn't just ignore that the m60 is a gun that would and has been in lore wise, but they don't even have a belt fed gun outside of the minigun.

I could go on but my fallout 4 gun rant would take up a few posts, so I'm just going to sperg out in my head.
>>
>>33148959
>buying video games
For a white supremacist site 4chan sure does cooperate with Jews an awful lot.
>>
>>33162992
nice b8 m8
>>
File: 11509-012 UNICORN & LION(2).jpg (567KB, 1051x700px) Image search: [Google]
11509-012 UNICORN & LION(2).jpg
567KB, 1051x700px
>>33161028
Edinburgh would be a great setting, you've got a huge castle, airport, several military bases and a nuclear power plant.

A DLC could revolve around the nearby sub base HMNB Clyde.

> TFW you'll never play Fallout set in Edinburgh and battle ghoulified red coats.
>>
>>33158407
>tfw watch little brother play
>why do armor piercing rounds not do more damage baseline??
>what are hollow points?
>what is surplus rounds?
>watch him play for 2 weeks
>he becomes /k/onverted
the /k/ube smiles this day
>>
>>33159749
>Plus, Dixon in new Vegas managed to reproduce a cheaper knockoff version of jet,
Yeah, he cut it with something else.ya know, like drug dealers do. Since shit coding will make jet appear in prewar containers anyway
>>
>>33160600
>Fallout Texas, Louisiana
Fallout 1,2,NV and point lookout pretty much have that covered. The factions could change it up. I wouldn't mind seeing Canada
>>
>>33163696
>getting to shoot unionist ghouls
sign me the fuck up
>>
>>33160960
He didn't say shit about it being a capitol city. Having the most technologically advanced militant faction (prior to FO4 BS) being stationed in any city has the possibility of reigning shit in. Especially when raiders aren't jam packed into every available space like in 3/4. At least in NV there were actual gangs and the fiends.

Hell there was enclave propaganda in 3 that was working
>>
>>33161325
Not even, you can make stealth power armour.
>>
>>33161966
To add that, the vague ass .38/.45/5.56/.308 scheme they went with.

Plus with the right perks you can clear entire rooms with just the deliverer. In a game breaking way
>>
>>33163696

i came a little at the thought.

would need subtitles for the yanks though.
>>
Figured I could ask this here. How the fuck do I get hitmans animations and ars&aks to work together???
>>
File: 1486334158214.jpg (7KB, 246x250px) Image search: [Google]
1486334158214.jpg
7KB, 246x250px
>>33156763
Tfw team uniforn would the most joined faction
>>
>>33165845
This
At first I assumed .38 SPL, .45 ACP, etc
But as time went on I realized these calibers were actually vague as fuck and they just spewed numbers to make it sound cool, couldn't be bother for continuity
>>
>>33150746
>combat rifle
>.45

That shit drives me nuts.

The AK that was added with nuka world is pretty rad though.
>>
>>33148893
>Changing the receiver gives it special powers to magically change any round chambered in it into an AP or hollow point projectile
>>
>>33155586
It's a different universe .45 ACP could be a bigger round and if you look at a pipe revolver the .45s look like fucking 12 gauges
>>
>>33148893
Fairly standard for Bethesda, since not one member of their incredibly lazy design team has apparently ever fired a gun before or even looked at an internal schematic.

At least they put more effort into the other parts of the game.

Oh wait...
>>
File: 6NMVSSX.jpg (78KB, 604x720px) Image search: [Google]
6NMVSSX.jpg
78KB, 604x720px
Are there actually any good games left on PC?
>>
File: Fallout ambush.jpg (198KB, 586x752px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout ambush.jpg
198KB, 586x752px
I... just couldn't finish this game.

I'm not going to talk about the power armor, or the weapons, or the massacring of lore, or the lack of RPG elements, or the overall laziness of the design, or any of that other shit.

On a basic level, there's just... something... missing from it. I think it's called "soul", or maybe "life". The feeling that you're playing in a dynamic world that responds to your actions. The sense of danger, the possibility of a unique experience around every corner, the eagerness that you feel for a varied environment. The complex actors. The political intrigue. The loving detail paid to experiences that you might not even get on the first playthrough.

Whatever this thing is, it's been in every Fallout game, from Fallout 1 to NV. Hell, even Fallout Tactics and Fallout 3 had it. And Fallout 4... it just doesn't have it. I'm not excited to explore it in the same way.

Hold me. I miss Fallout so much it hurts.
>>
>>33158407
I wouldn't be here, or know a damn thing about guns if it weren't for Fallout New Vegas.

>be curious about why the Hunting "Rifle" in Fallout 3 fires .32 while the Rifle in NV fires .308
>what was Joshua Graham talking about when he said that "this weapon was made by one of our kind 350 years ago"?
>What are "hollow points"
>Why's it called an anti-materiel rifle?
>>
>>33148893
It is an avatar of everything bethesda brought to fallout: wasted resources, clunky, impractical, ugly, no soul, far beyond the logical conclusion of an evolutionary dead end.
>>
File: humvee.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
humvee.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
>>33167879
Squad
>>
>>33156342

Source on that screenshot?
>>
File: 1474601209990.jpg (695KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1474601209990.jpg
695KB, 1920x1080px
>>33168374
its Fallout 4
>>
>>33165651

Canada or China would be really interesting.
>>
>>33168400

How do I find the mod for all the Slav gear???
>>
>>33168534
the nexus
>>
>Majority of the guns in Fallout NV are post-war productions made on old schematics and machining
>Look like normal, well made guns

>Fallout 4's only locally produced guns are rusty basement shit
>Yet a man can make an entirely new barrel and barrel shroud for a fucking Lewis gun with scrape metal
>>
>>33168551

Was hoping for a link or name but thanks.
>>
>>33167879
There's always X-COM: UFO Defense. You can never go wrong with classic X-COM.
>>
>>33168651
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21466/?
>>
>>33167889
i think they gameified it in a bad way. infinite minutemen quests. Looting typewriters for screws. Theres a very fine balance between immersion and fake, game and "too gamey". Bethesda really skirted the line in Skyrim by simplifying it, but it still had a feel of progression in some ways. Double-charging lightning bolts, summoning two Daedra Lords, slowing down time for archery, those things took time and enemies learned some of those perks too. Getting next to a Master Vampire with half health was dangerous because they have the "decapitation" perk like you do.

FO4 enemies can all be defeated more or less the same way out the gate. You have near-perfect accuracy. Your guns last forever. Theres no weight or meaning to the hours you put in to saving "settler #75839", and quest loot is worthless in comparison to a Legendary Explosive Combat Shotgun, aka "The Grim Reaper's personal shotgun" or other random loot you pull from a Legendary Molerat.
>>
File: 1487823478099s.jpg (2KB, 125x81px) Image search: [Google]
1487823478099s.jpg
2KB, 125x81px
>>33156688
>Fuck it, I'll make my own fallout game, with Blackjack and hookers
>Blackjack and hookers
>Blackjack
That better not be a pone reference.
>>
>>33168800
Nigga, it's a Futurama reference

Also, you actually read Project Horizons? Dude, have some self respect.
>>
>>33156688
>I'll make my own fallout game, with Blackjack and hookers
New Vegas already exist
>>
File: kys.png (803KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
kys.png
803KB, 600x600px
>>33148893
>>
>>33159930
games literally haven't done this since the late 2000's.
>>
>>33156688
I always wanted to see a fallout game set in the areas around lake erie

basically it's bout everyone south of lake erie being at war with everyone south of them and everyone north of lake erie because lake erie's fuck-awful weather managed to make northern ohio/bits of pennyselvania relatively untouched, and everyone got really mad at them

it would also feature mad max-style naval warfare on lake erie, and there'd be a part, maybe DLC, where you either flatten detroit with nukes or make peace with invading canadian forces coming in through that part of the border
>>
>>33169641

I read this in a dumb orc voice. Made me laugh my ass off.
>>
>>33168400
I recognize that gun, not that I remember its name because I nickname all of mine but I know the gun-mod that gives it. Semi-auto 50.BMG rifle IIRC, preddy gud but has lower damage than the bolt action one. I don't remember what the barret had because I haven't gotten my hands on one in ages.

And I'm a filthy console peasant. At least until I scrape up the money to buy some more vidya for my steam library, with the DLC's because I like to give my money to things I find nice. And Fo4 even though it's "another settlement needs you to spend 6 hours building it" and smalltalk in stead of actual dialogue... among the other flaws of it. I mean It's shit, but I like it and the mods are nice.
>>
>>33163696
Nah, has to be London as i said earlier unless you want everyone to have an obnoxious accent, but in setting terms that city could work.
Just need to make sure no idiots decide to include Vault-tec, all the exact same drinks/food, all the exact same cars or the brotherhood, because that was just make it boring.
>>
>>33170206
Scotland is too hard to understand. Took me weeks to get to grip with a glaswegian.
>>
File: IMG_3938.jpg (80KB, 625x472px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3938.jpg
80KB, 625x472px
>>33159913
Deathclaw impregnation?
Sauce?
>>
>>33173355
http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2202-sexout-breeder-v88-riverside-beta/
i belive hes talking about this
>>
>>33148893
Why isn't there a mod that remodels this ugly sack of shit on Xbox yet?
>>
File: they're the bomb.jpg (397KB, 4000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
they're the bomb.jpg
397KB, 4000x2250px
>>33168708
I hated that the skill system was removed entirely. I liked taht in 3 and NV you had to pick which specials would matter, and be upgraded in a certain order. 10 INT? You can't carry that much, and some perks are locked off. 3 10 stats? Walking min max hell with a rough game until you hit high levels and get armor. The entire point of the games was to plan out how to play, and to accept your shortcomings.

Unique weapons totally disappeared, which pissed me off. NV had plenty of uniquely modified or stat boosted unique guns, and in Fo4 you just get a legendary gun with a guaranteed perk. On top of that, the best possible fucking gun in the game to get as a legendary drop is available from the start in diamond city. A fucking double shot fat man. Would it have been that hard to make actual unique weapons with unique appearances for them, and just limit whatever mods could be put on?
Example: AER-14 prototype
Consumes 2 amo per shot
Green laser
Very high damage and accuracy
drawback: no receiver changes, can only mount ironn sights or a long scope

Asides from the scope mounting, that gun already existed in lore in NV. If you had the GRA add-on (or mod) you could customize weapons just about as much as you can in Fo4 for a few weapons, so the lack of real unqiue weapons in Fo4 simply confused me.

Not to mention the "optional" settlement system that was the basis of every fucking DLC.
Automatron: a few missions, and building robots. Requires a lot of resources, and a decent settlement build up.
Far harbor: New settlement locations, decent quests, and a fucking gun that never had it's reload animation fuck up patched.
Nuka world: Promised evil options, pretty much last minute added in a good option. Can't make park into giant settlement. Can't make park function for crowds. New guns, new revolver that does 20 more damage than old revolver.

I started out liking the game a fair bit, as I wanted a fallout game, but it has failed me. I no longer enjoy fallout 4.
>>
>>33175000
Since it wouldn't fit, closing note that new vegas and 3 could make you powerful by end game, but unless you new exactly how to get all 10's and get all skills to 100, then you had limits, and could still be killed by the toughest enemies if you weren't good.

In 4 you become a god of destruction with unstoppable weapons and armor that negates all risks of the game at the cheap cost of some resources.

Power armor should have been MUCH more rare, hard to repair on top of taking time to actually be repaired, as well as fusion c ores being as rare as can be in lore.

They fucked the game by making it baby's first FPS """""""""""""RPG""""""""""""", and giving you the tools to one shot anything in game and ignore all damage by level 20. On top of being able to get ALL of the perks, and no level cap.

What could have made the fallout games stronger weakened all of it for sales. And it enrages me. Oh, and settlement system was alright, but it gives you way too much for too little. You should have to make proper defenses of have the entire cities you build get wipes out and destroyed. Make me /want/ to build a fortress, instead of a room of turrets in the corner of every settlement.
>>
File: the ride never ends.gif (205KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
the ride never ends.gif
205KB, 500x500px
>>33175000
>Can't make park function for crowds.
>post-apocalyptic Roller Coaster Tycoon
>>
>>33156688
> 66 & 88
FUND IT
>>
>>33159427
>perfectly reflects the AR design of the service rifle
>but rails and shit
>and AK amounts of curve

I have no issue with this.
>>
File: 1441083742717.jpg (71KB, 720x602px) Image search: [Google]
1441083742717.jpg
71KB, 720x602px
>>33173422
I don't know what to think of this
>>
>>33168849
You mean New Reno, the Den or Redding
>>
>>33175000
>liked taht in 3 and NV you had to pick which specials would matter, and be upgraded in a certain order. 10 INT? You can't carry that much, and some perks are locked off.

To bad that in 3 IN was the best because you could pick that, and two perks that would let you damn near completely max out your character skills and Charon carried all your shit anyway.
>>
I wish Obsidian had the time to make their own sniper rifle instead of reusing the FO3 asset.
>>
I don't think Fallout 4 was a very good game.
Thread posts: 244
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.