[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hunting Camo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: huncam.jpg (1MB, 1200x803px) Image search: [Google]
huncam.jpg
1MB, 1200x803px
How good is hunting camo for military applications? Is it fairly effective? I'm assuming it's not as effective as military camo, but it'd still be better for a militia to have hunter camo than no camo at all I'm sure.
>>
>>33147839
Fudd camo is meant to blend into the surroundings, but you need a different pattern for every environment. Military camo is intended to break up the silhouette and remove depth rather than totally blend in (that's what ghillie suits are for). Good camouflage patterns can be applied to multiple environments (Multicam/Scorpion) while some are only meant to excel in one environment (Alpenflage).
>>
Stuff like real tree is extremely effective but is usually too specific for military use. Hunting camps are made for specific regions and seasons. The military generally wants a more versatile camo so they don't need duplicate gear in each pattern
>>
I always thought fudd camo sucked, it logically doesn't make sense as it has images of things like branches and leaves whereas if you're close enough to define those you can clearly see the person, I've come to view it more as a moronic fashion statement. When I play airsoft sometimes it seems the poorfags who show up in the Realtree aways stick out the most even in the woods, it doesn't have enough contrast between the colors and is overall too gray.
>>
Not to mention the detailed images on hunting camos cost more to make than simple digicam dots
>>
>military applications

Trash. Hunting camo is highly specific to an envrionment.
>>
>>33147895
Keep in mind that the fudd camo was intended to work against animals, which generally have less keen eyesight than humans. Also, just like with any other gear, there are right ways and wrong ways to use camo. The average airsoft guy probably doesn't know any better.
>>
>>33147839
I hope that's not you in the picture op because then you'd have bigger barriers to effective military ability than just camo.
>>
File: 20170227_123143.jpg (3MB, 2779x3115px) Image search: [Google]
20170227_123143.jpg
3MB, 2779x3115px
>>33147895
Its not supposed to make you invisible to people but to animals. Most prey species have eyes set up for wide field of view and close range movement detection not long range or depth perception like predator species and primates do, it does a good enough job of breaking up your silhouette to a deer but still lets people see you so you don't get shot in the back by some dumb ass hunter who doesn't get a proper visual confirmation of his target.

pic related is what I use for hunting in the Arizona dessert. Its good enough for quail and rabbit but people can still pick me out in the brush and mesquite trees. Anything else i'm shooting from far enough away that I don't need to be invisible
>>
>>33147895
Its good hunting gear but I hate guys who wear mossy oak like some kind of "country chic". Especially if they're guys who don't even hunt or do anything outside the city.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.