[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Foreign Volunteers in Syria

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 15

File: 1488134503122.jpg (204KB, 999x860px) Image search: [Google]
1488134503122.jpg
204KB, 999x860px
How do I prepare for combat without ever having been in the military or law enforcement? I'm in good shape, and I'm a pretty decent marksman. However, I hate my life. I've come very close to killing myself. One person told me exactly what I needed to hear: that I'm a pussy for taking the easy way out, and that if I really want to die I should just go to Syria and die for a cause.

So that's what I'm going to do. I'm trying to get in contact with the Lions of Rojava (YPG group). Once I figure out how to get over there and everything, I'll be off. I have no family or friends, I won't be missed.

What are some tips before I head off? How do I prepare myself for war? I like to think I'll be able to hack it, but what if I just freeze up when (if) I actually get into combat?

Any tips would be helpful. I'm already planning on keeping a small revolver or something handy in case I'm in danger of capture. I won't be featured on one of ISIS's home movies.
>>
>>33141942
Better hurry.

Also I have heard it is minimum of $10K just to get across the border.

YPG will either train you, or use you behind the lines. My guess would be the latter.
>>
>>33141942
If you go to Syria with the intent to engage in war you will have your US citizenship revoked.
>>
People who want to die make terrible soldiers

Also reported to the FBI
>>
>>33141971
I have $30,000 in cash that I can use for equipment and whatnot. I would hope they don't use me behind the lines. Like I said, I'm not a bad shot and I love all things military related so I consider myself pretty knowledgeable on different weapons, their effective ranges, how they work, etc. Grant I realize I don't need to know a FAMAS is lever delayed blowback to use one to shoot somebody, I'm just saying I'm familiar with weaponry.

I don't want to be a "sniper" but I think my best use would be as a sort of designated marksman.

Also, why should I hurry? Are the Kurds in danger of being wiped out or something?
>>
>>33142003
If he didn't advertise it could he go and come back with no one knowing?

Also does that apply to going anywhere? How about Ukraine?
>>
>>33141942
Don't do it selfishly. Do it as a Holy Crusade. Protect the virtuous Jews, Muslims, and Christians of the Middle East. Then will your life improve.
>>
>>33141942
Do you speak any of the native languages?
How the fuck do you think you will be of any use when you wont even be able to communicate without an interpreter chained to you side?
>>
>>33142003
Did you read my post? I'm going there with the intent to die, I don't give a shit about my citizenship.

Also, that isn't automatic grounds for the revoking of your citizenship. If I recall correctly, you lose your citizenship if you serve in a foreign military that is fundamentally opposed to the United States or something. Lots of Americans in WWI and WWII served in the militaries of foreign countries that were fighting the Germans and Japs before the US became involved. And the US already probably has boots on the ground in Syria fighting with the YPG and other anti-government forces.
>>33142013
It's not that I want to I just don't care if I do. If I end up making it home from the ordeal, maybe I'll have found a new outlook on life. And if I don't, at least I did my part in beating back those ISIS faggots
>>
>>33142032
>If he didn't advertise it could he go and come back with no one knowing?
Depends on method of travel. If he goes by plane you best fucking believe they will find out.

>Also does that apply to going anywhere? How about Ukraine?
Yes. As far as the government is concerned, you become a mercenary and they will revoke your citizenship.
>>
>>33142023
Why not join the military at home or the French foreign legion?
>>
>>33142055
Many foreign volunteers over there don't speak the Kurd language or even Arabic. I've been reading a bit on it. The Kurds know a decent amount of English, and it's very easy to pick up a language when you're completely surrounded by it. I'm also good at learning foreign languages anyways, I speak three of them.
>>
>>33141942
Op i hate my life too but there are other alternatives.
>>
>>33142078
Are you former military....
>>
>>33142078
Okay
>>
>>33142069
Because the chances of me dying in either of those is extremely low, and as I said, I want this to be for some kind of cause. I can't say I'm a big fan of ISIS.
>>33142062
You do not automatically lose your citizenship if you serve as a mercenary, stop repeating this meme. A Supreme Court case ruled that an American can serve in a foreign military or fight as a mercenary as long as they do not actively engage in hostilities with a nation that the United States is at peace with.
>>
>>33141942
what ak is that
>>
>>33142095
>>33142101
No, I'm not. Look I realize I'm not going to be able to go over there and chitchat with everybody in Kurd right away. But I really don't give a shit what you try saying because I've seen shit tons of videos and interviews now of foreigners (Brits, Australians, and yes, even Americans) serving with Kurds. They communicate with them in English, and the ones that have been there for a while do it with some Kurd mixed in as well. Not to mention that the Lions of Rojava are a foreigner unit, it's going to almost exclusively be a bunch of Europeans and Americans, with some Kurds thrown in.
>>
>>33142124
A 74? Bro?
>>
>>33142062
http://people.com/archive/with-a-u-s-mercenary-facing-trial-in-nicaragua-another-soldier-of-fortune-gives-a-glimpse-of-that-dark-world-vol-26-no-17/

youre a retard
>>
File: 1463775610477.jpg (313KB, 670x464px) Image search: [Google]
1463775610477.jpg
313KB, 670x464px
>>33142129
>>33142124

If I recall, the milita groups actually use stuff like twitter and facebook for propaganda and recruitment (kinda like isis).I'd look into contacting a group you have looked into and agree with their methods/goals then contact them showing interest (I'd avoid saying you intend to die, as it may shy them away from wasting training or resources on you)
>>
>>33142157
Nevermind, sorry for asking. Was just wanting to know which company made the AK in the OP.
>>
>>33142129
Well it sounds like you are competent enough to plan and execute this operation, and you seem to have the determination to see it through.

Now if you could just stop and refocus these efforts towards changing your life in a positive way that you might find some sort of contentment or satisfaction right here at home
>>
>>33142212
Yeah I'm aware of that. And yeah I've seen they have twitter groups and stuff but I'm kinda wary of contacting them that way. For starters, that leaves a paper trail back to me and if I end up living that might fuck me over down the road.

Also, maybe I worded this thread wrong. I'm not going there with the "intent to die." Let's put it this way: if God wants me to live, I'll come home safe. If not, I won't. I don't know, maybe the real reason I want to go is because I want to see the death and carnage of war to give me a reason to live. Does that make sense? It'll put shit into perspective for me. I mean here I was being a pussy wanting to kill myself because of my first world problems, with no real frame of reference with what that means. I have no appreciation for what a life is worth because I've never seen one forcibly taken from someone.

I'm not sure if that makes sense to you, but it does to me. I just feel like a drifter. If I live, I want my life to have meaning and to feel like I did something.
>>
>>33142245
see
>>33142261

I think I worded this thread wrong when I said that I wanted to die. It's not that really. I do want my life to be more positive, I do. But I just don't see that happening over here. Everything here just seems so easy and meaningless to me. I think I need to put things into perspective to appreciate the life I have more. And if I get a few good stories out of it to maybe tell my grand kids someday, all the better.

And like I said, if I don't, maybe the guy upstairs will think a little better of me for trying my best to stop some people that I consider truly evil.
>>
YPG doesn't accept foreign civilians anymore, only if you have military experience. Even if they accept you, you will not receive a combat role. Western fighters are too valuable for propaganda purpose to lose to IS. If you'd get captured you will be tortured and put on the internet for us to watch, so they'll never give you a combat role anymore. They stated on FB they do not need fighters, they need funds and material
>>
File: 1487393571014.png (107KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1487393571014.png
107KB, 900x600px
>>33142023
You have 30k?

Do me a favor, as one act of kindness, can you paypal me to pay a utility bill please?
>>
>>33142261
I think you should go for it. An experience like this is bound to change your outlook on this,provided that you get out of there in one piece
If like you said you have no one in your life worth living for, maybe you'll find such people there?
>>
>>33142319
Damn. There has to be some way I can convince them. Like I said I'll be damn sure to be taken dead rather than alive.
>>33142324
How much is the bill?
>>
File: 1487390099254.jpg (151KB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
1487390099254.jpg
151KB, 1280x719px
>>33142347
$255 rounded up.
>>
>>33142308
Im sorry Op, but i think what you have is a terminal case of Edgy-teen psychosis, compounded by an all too common infection known as manchild syndrome.
>>
>>33142347
They will not accept you. I distinctively remember a post of them saying you will NOT get accepted if you don't have military experience. Period. This was after Kobane was liberated. If you really researched your idea you'd know they don't take in non-veterans anymore
>>
File: 1446565197958.jpg (123KB, 780x690px) Image search: [Google]
1446565197958.jpg
123KB, 780x690px
>>33142261
As long as you choose a group who isnt on the CIA's or KGB/FSB shitlist It seems your bound to be safe legally.Also you should look into more discrete ways of contacting people over the internet.

I get your intent somewhat, I think its a bit of a unnecessary risk for someone who has all sorts of options open for them.Why not some peace corps like shit lord knows helping out the injured is a good way to see what you want and serve good.

But its your life.
>>
>>33141942
>How to prepare?
I don't know if there is a way. You probably have watched documentaries about the subject. Hunger, extreme cold and heat weathers are most likely worst things that you confront.

>freeze during firefight?
Go play paintball. It teaches how to suppressive fire works and combat movement. Just remember that real war has BIT DIFFERENT MECHANISMS. If lucky you will learn about managing group and how small group works in war.

Ask someone to shoot a target next to you. Bullet whizzing next to your ear will decrease combat shock when you are actually fired upon. This is risky business but if you look how they trained in Ukraine you might see the idea behind it.

Artillery or missile strike is different story.

Good luck OP. I hope you die the way you want. I know what kind of desire you are speaking about. Don't come back. You won't be "human" if you manage to come back from there. If you feel like that your time has come in fight to die. Take that fucking bullet.

I'll pray for you dude.
>>
>http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/03/13/americans-fighting-isis-are-just-props.html

>Patrick’s journey to Syria started when he contacted a recruiter affiliated with the Lions of Rojava Facebook page, which specializes in recruiting foreigners for the YPG

>“The Western fighters who spend time with YPG soon realize they’re not going to fight. I did not meet one single person, one single Westerner, that didn’t catch on to the fact that they were never intended to fight and they were being used as propaganda,” he said.

>They went to Iraq and Syria to battle the beheaders. But when they got there, they were treated like prisoners—unless reporters were around.

Have fun OP
>>
>>33142372
I'm 26. If you really think that everyone who wants to go out and fight is le edgy teenager maymay, you're probably just projecting your own insecurities and fears onto others.
>>33142382
Can't I just lie to them and tell them I do? A relative of mine was in Afghanistan a few years back. I remember a lot of his stories and shit. I could just tell the guys that I was from his unit, and basically replace myself with him in all of the stories.
>>
File: 1454286567552.jpg (533KB, 1648x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1454286567552.jpg
533KB, 1648x2000px
>>33142412
>Ask someone to shoot a target next to you. Bullet whizzing next to your ear will decrease combat shock when you are actually fired upon

wtf dude, are you trying to get him killed like a fucktard before he goes all Marky Merc in the Middle East.
>>
>>33142431
So there's a lot of Westerners that feel the same way? So what exactly is stopping them from just kinda telling the Kurds to fuck off and fighting ISIS regardless? Kurds killing American volunteers would be a quick way to get them onto the world's shitlist so it's not like they'll summarily execute you for disobeying """orders"""
>>
>>33142452
Why so determined to be a YPG(oatfucker), there is every flavor of two bit militas out in syria that probs dont have the same stringent rules as them.

Look into your options before thinking up convoluted lies to impress someone whos going to use you as a propaganda piece.
>>
>>33142431
>go to syria 2 b a hero just like in my hollywood movies
>get treated like a prisoner
>want to back
>lmao passport revoked

Have fun indeed.

Just remember to wear a pepe shirt or something so we can laugh at your autistic ass when the inevitable video of your beheading/mutilated body gets uploaded.
>>
>>33142478
Who do you think supplies the foods and funds for weapons and ammo anon.Logistics and a supply structure is what they have established as and exchange that for the foreigners experience.

No food/ammo=No bringing fight to ISIS
>>
Don't fight for the fuckin kurds because you fell for the "le they're the objective good guys" meme you retard
>>
>>33142520
Stop repeating this stupid shit that you'll get your citizenship revoked. You won't. Seriously, just do a google search. There are tons of Americans who went over there and served with the YPG and some who even fought who didn't lose their passport. You only lose your citizenship if you engage in hostilities with a country that the United States is AT PEACE with. ISIS and other rebel groups are not countries. Americans have fought as mercenaries in proxy wars from Nicaragua to Rhodesia, faggot.
>>33142508
I just don't really know much about the other rebel groups and the Kurds seem to be the ones most open to foreigners. I just want to fight ISIS. And also protect Christians and Jews in Syria, if possible.
>>
>>33142583
Where did I ever say they're the good guys? I couldn't care less about any of the rebel groups in Syria. I just want to fight ISIS.
>>
>>33142596
Putin and Assad are not fighting ISIS. They are fighting against democracy
>>
>>33142069
They don't like suicidal people.
>>
>>33142023
The kurds are doing quite well last I heard. They don't need help. Join assad.
>>
>>33141942
>dying for sandniggers
Why?
Go to Donbass and join the Pro-Russian forces.
>>
>>33142245
Yes this is surely the attitude that turns the world
>>
>>33142386
Kinda tweaks my rage-nips that the guy in your picture is a sikh.
>>
>>33142612
Who the fuck said anything about Putin and Assad?
>>33142618
How would someone do that? I mean the government just has a standing army, they don't have irregular groups do they? Especially not ones open to foreigners.
>>
>>33142640
Now that is something that most likely would result in the forfeit of my citizenship if I come back. Also, like Assad, I really doubt that that is something open to foreigners. At least not American ones.
>>
File: 1447823556353.jpg (35KB, 500x272px) Image search: [Google]
1447823556353.jpg
35KB, 500x272px
>>33142596
Sad to say anon but Rhodesia was a long while ago and if the group you choose gets on uncle sams shitlist your screwed.
>Never forget ;_;

SO you should defiantly take your time to research and find the rebel group thats right for you.Or you could just work with the ruskis or something, look at your options that are at your fignertips.
>>
>>33142612
And good on them
>>
>>33142456
Not actually.

Hey OP. If not Syria try Ukraine.
>>
File: UQHMi8C.jpg (86KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
UQHMi8C.jpg
86KB, 540x540px
>>33142656
Ik but its funny and gets the joke across at the expense of the sikh's image.

Have a sikh funny as compensation.
>>
>>33142658

Don't change the subject and hope I won't call you out.

We need to dispel this notion once and for all that Putin is fighting ISIS. He isn't. Putin is fighting to prop up the brutal regime of Assad, a murderer who has declared war on US allies in the region.
>>
>>33142704
I've heard a few people suggest this now. Are the groups fighting in the Ukraine really open to foreigners? I can see them taking other Eastern Europeans, but I've never heard of Americans fighting with the pro-Ukraine or pro-Russia groups over there. That also seems much more difficult to contact and take part in.
>>
>>33142729
>U.S. Allies=good guys
lolno
>>
>>33142729
Call me out on what? Nigger never once did I mention Putin or Assad. I don't give a flying fuck who wins in Syria as long as it isn't ISIS. You're being autistic as fuck, this thread isn't about the politics of the region it's about how do I get there and fight.

Also
>brutal regime of Assad
Top kek. It's the Middle East, faggot. Depose one dictator and another will rise up to take his place. Fuck it all.
>>
>>33142741

Confirmed for edgy vatnik shill
>>
>>33142069
kek no suicidal saddos is a big no no in the legion
>>
>>33142772
Go suck the CIA's dick and watch some fake news.
>>
File: 1446586347732.jpg (44KB, 445x365px) Image search: [Google]
1446586347732.jpg
44KB, 445x365px
>>33142729
>"I'm still with her" the post.
>>
>>33142240
Uhhh Izhmash?
>>
>>33142780
Is it? I thought that was one of the whole points of it. It accepts any sort of loser whether they're trying to escape from a criminal past or they have nowhere else to turn or anything
>>
>>33142735
The fact you are discussing this openly here has put you on a watchlist, and the second you try to fly to either Syria, Turkey or Russia you will be stopped by the authorities.

Stop trying to be a hero and kill yourself in a normal way. You will probadly ruin some poor schmuck working for Homeland Security his day.
>>
>>33142023
Anyone without military experience gets chucked in the rear where they belong.
>>
>>33142735
All I know is Azov batallion. I think it's pro-Ukraine merc group but you should do some research on the subject.
>>
>>33142796
Yes but that has nothing to do with being suicidal, they don't want depressed men killing themselves once they realise what they got themselves into.
>>
>>33142796
Well they take the losers but not the suicidal dude who will off himself after they spend thousands training him to fight.

its the same for all established national armies.
>>
>>33142799
>hurrrrr everything is on a watch list!
You're an idiot. I guess all of those Americans in Syria who literally contacted them on Facebook, with an account literally linked to their name, went there, and then came back and told their stories about it are all a fabrication.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>33142612
They're fighting ISIS right now in Palmyra.
Also
>"Moderate" rebels
>Democratic
>>
>>33142812
Well I don't think that Ukraine is in the right in that situation so I certainly wouldn't want to give them any support.
>inb4 hurrr russia shill
Crimea is primarily ethnic Russians and it never belonged to the Ukraine until the 1970s or so when the Russian SSR gave it to the Ukrainian SSR due to the logistics of getting to Sevastopol. Yeah it's kinda shitty for Russia to take it back after all this time but if it's what the people there want the Ukraine can fuck off.
>>
>>33142796
There's an American on here who tried to join and got turned down because he had an unnatural scar that was caused intentionally on his arm.
>>
>>33141942
More than likely friendly fire will be your demise, friendo. Just watch some videos. If you want a truly valorous death, wait a year or two for the Holy War.
>>
So OP you have two choices.

Lions or Azov

Both are an email away from joining.
>>
>>33142906
see
>>33142858

I don't think the Ukraine is in the right, I wouldn't consider fighting for them.
>>
>>33142957

How much does putin pay per post?
>>
>>33142973
4 pierogi
>>
>>33142973
>waahhhh you were paid to have a different opinion than me!
>>
>>33141942
from what ive seen on twitter and shit, ypg will put you through boot camp and equip you. If youre just there to die don't go, they want people committed to building democracy in Kurdistan.
>>
File: war.jpg (95KB, 590x590px) Image search: [Google]
war.jpg
95KB, 590x590px
>>33141942
War, war never changes.
>>
>>33141942
you can always come to México to kill narcos and shit
Anyways, good luck, may you die with your rifle in hand bro
>>
>>33142999
Shit, i would shill for putin for that kinda pay
>>
>>33142658
>How would someone do that? I mean the government just has a standing army, they don't have irregular groups do they? Especially not ones open to foreigners.
I don't think you realize how many men the SAA has lost. They need manpower badly. Something like 25% of all Syrian Alawite men have already been conscripted, and they've turned to various militias including NDF and Lebanese Hezbollah for help. They're desperate and I'm sure they'd be more than happy to have some Western volunteers to use as cannon fodder (or even just for propaganda).
>>
>>33141942
Really op?
30k ?
Your a retard...
30k to syrian cash is 6,430,206 At this exact moment..

Why don't you get the fuck over to a neighboring country, and do some ground work and recruiting your own merc band.. 6mil in syrian might go a little bit considering they basicly have dogshit over there. Then get in contact with your group and roll with up a force, speak directly to a head and get paid to do some cheeky breeki shit.

Its like you havent thought this thru.
>>
>>33141942
Run constantly, anaerobic exercise is crucial.
>>
>>33143046
The fact that you took the time to make that speaks more about your autism than OP's
>>
>>33143185
I don't think you understand how currency works. You aren't automatically rich just because your country's currency is worth more than another. It costs like a trillion dollars in Zimbabwe for a thing of toilet paper.
>>
>>33143232
no u
>>
>>33143253
at least here in Mexico, for 30 grand you will have 600k pesos, with that you can buy 2 houses, or a house and a brand new car
>>
>>33142367

overhere wishing i had $50 for some heat. might sell my mosin and only have a .22 just to get heat. try and buy another mosin when i get a new job, was fired and now im chillin with mcdonalds
>>
>>33142612
.005 cents have been deposited in your account.

Thank you for correcting the record.
>>
>>33142802
thats a good way to get rid of people with military experience.
>>
>>33142431
Yeah. The YPG are untrustworthy. There's a reason why Jordan Matson left in the first place and it's not only marriage as the reason.

Now it's a cesspool for the antifa fags and communist/socialist Che Guevara wannabes.
>>
File: Martyr.jpg (166KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
Martyr.jpg
166KB, 680x650px
>>33141942
Does anyone else think it would be great if we formed some kind of Christian militia to go to these hot spots and help the civilians? I'm not talking about going there and going to the front lines right away, but simply going to where there are civilians and helping with evacuations, supplies, medical needs, while also being heavily armed for their protection and ours. It would avoid the unfortunate implications that a "crusade" would have with the public, while also allowing us to help kill a few hajis and stabilize the middle east a little bit.
>>
>>33142003
>If you go to Syria with the intent to engage in war you will have your US citizenship revoked.
Unless he has dual citizenship, I seriously doubt it. That would go against all kinds of international laws which, unlike some, actually are well observed. Almost all countries are reasonably unwilling to make someone stateless.
>>
File: academi-1-small.jpg (485KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
academi-1-small.jpg
485KB, 1200x800px
>>33141942
You can sign up from some civilian training courses from Academi or something similar
>>
>>33141942
SOCKS
>>
>>33142612
>Putin is fighting democracy
>Democracy means your country should be ruled by mass murdering illiterate death cultists that salivate at the thought of brutally murdering the feminist, lgbt, atheist and culturally "progressive" westerners that scream islamaphobia and call Putin the new hitler

Wtf I hate democracy now
>>
>>33146748
If you want to avoid the crusade connotations then why attach a religion to this militia at all?
>>
>>33141942
good luck anon, it's an honorable cause
>>
File: deus vult.jpg (286KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
deus vult.jpg
286KB, 1920x1080px
>>33147674
It gives the glory to God and enables us to hopefully spread Christianity to the hajjis.
>>
>>33142129
If you're just going to disagree with everything we say then you shouldn't be asking, you should be preparing.
>>
>YPG
Kill yourself PO
>>
>>33141942
Instead of assisting war criminals why don't you join a mission in Africa or South America and actually do something good? There are hundreds of organizations that need help and nothing you do short of nuking the ME will change it.
>>
>>33146748
Not trying to throw with shit here but the Problem is:
This is all heavily needed - exept
>being heavily armed for their protection and ours

The shooty-tooty-part of your roleplaying fantasy is missing.
You are like one of those SHTF-Guys who think running around in Platecarriers wirh Gucci-ARs would be a major part of life after "SHTF"
>>
>>33147914

this

also evacuations, supplies, medical needs are costing money. your money?
>>
>>33142735
Op how old are you? Have you been rejected by a Stacy recently or has Chad bullied you? I remember high-school too, it's not that bad t b q h
>>
>>33141942
YPG are commies, join the Peshmerga instead.
>>
>>33142347
Well shit if youre paying peoples bills, $1300 would keep me from fucking my life for the next decade.
>>
>>33142003
there was some french guy, ex military but not from a fancy SF unit, who went in Ukraine and sided with pro-russian rebels.
Then he grew tired of this shit, bailed out, and is now living in the US.
How do you explain this if being part of a rebel group supposedly blocks someone from entering the US ?

>>33142013
but they make good suicide bombers anon.

>>33142023
>Also, why should I hurry? Are the Kurds in danger of being wiped out or something?
This is why you SHOULD NOT go.

This war is a mess. A real. Fucked up. Mess.

There are so many factions everywhere who went at war then made peace with each other, you'd have a better chance of being knowledgeable in some super complicated heroic fantasy tabletop RPG game than to be knowledgeable into factions at war in Syria, and the intense power struggle behind.

If you did not pay attention to what happened between the different players down there, you may find yourself in a very bad spot. aka : becoming part of a group at war with some people you'd not want to be at war with in the first place.

This includes Turkey (still a NATO ally even if kebabroaches are the worst) or iraqi army (because when ISIS will be defeated the iraqi will want their country back and no one gives a fuck about a kurdistan anyway) or Russia/Syria (have fun being on the news portrayed as a US mercenary).

You gotta learn who you're going to fight with first. This is not "good guys against isis".

If you don't know what's going on there or don't have the slightliest clue about it, don't go.

30k US$ will buy you a trip to some cool places and some fun times with kinky escorts. I'd go for that.

Also :
>>33142078
>Many foreign volunteers over there don't speak the Kurd language or even Arabic.
and it makes their lives there a PITA.
Learning the language is a necessity. Don't assume people will speak english to you just because you're a mighty 'murrican.
>>
>>33147936
>letting him know it just keeps getting worse

Are you trying to get him to go or what?
>>
>>33142612
>50 shekels have been deposited into your holocaust memorial
>>
>>33143185
Hell yeah
Business idea: fund a band of mercenaries and join the fun in syria and see if you can establish an independent state there with you as king
>>
>>33148070
Kek
>>
>>33141942
You're joining a literal sandnigger commie feminist militia (YPG), so I'd say nothing of value was lost. Good riddance pinko. Hopefully ISIS spends a few days pounding your tender leftist cornhole before hucking you off a roof.
>>
>>33143049
This.
>>
>>33142003
myth
>>
>>33146748

Actually, there is such a thing. Check out http://www.freeburmarangers.org/ They are doing aid in Iraq in the combat areas.
>>
Anyway, let's set down the fact. Hopefully I am not messing them up further.

The Peshmerga are the main army of the kurds. They are the size of a considerable army but equipment and training are very limited and most of their forces are regional - and cooperation is limited as well. Only ethnic kurds are allowed to join, although they will accept kurds of other nationalities.

YPG are a fairly small kurd militia, whose rise to fame is that they have been in some rough combat and that they accept foreigners even of other faiths. Joining them has in the past been as simple as getting an OK after some online vetting then pay your own ticket to Baghdad where you are picked up. It's also probably going to be the most hair raising moment of your trip since others want to 'pick up' western foreigners there as well. I understand the vetting has gotten tougher what with the reduced need for fresh soldiers and the out of all proportion foreign interest for volunteering. This in spite of microscopic paychecks, very limited equipment, very limited training - that bootcamp is well meant but short on time and resources - and the considerable interest your own country will shown in you for decades to come.

You are still safer with the YPG than with any unit you might consider in Syria, because there things are a lot more fluid and the kidnapping of foreigners for extortion is practically an industry. The last guy I know of who went there from my country 'to help the fight' came back in two dozen air mail boxes. Sent separately.
>>
>>33142812

Yeah sure, join the rapist ukrainian mongrel, best way to live your life properly ...
>>
>>33142906

Azov = rapist wannabee SS ukrainian niggers.

Why would anybody consider joining them ? I'd even rather fight for ISIS than those scumbags.
>>
File: 148813786067222.jpg (102KB, 556x261px) Image search: [Google]
148813786067222.jpg
102KB, 556x261px
>>33149776
>I'd even rather fight for ISIS
>>
>>33149776
>>33149766
hello Putin how are you
>>
>>33147747
Ah okay, I gotcha.
>>
File: 1487445603639.png (232KB, 500x553px) Image search: [Google]
1487445603639.png
232KB, 500x553px
>fighting with/for Kurds

I look forward to laughing at you in a few months in /sg/ when your death becomes known.
>>
>>33142013
Your the type of guy who calls the cops if you see some one put a fore grip on a ar/ak. Not cause its scary or they are harming someone but cause you are jealous.
>>
>>33147747
>hajis
>converting to Christianity
lmao. Have fun getting beheaded
>>
>>33149776
THIS
H
I
S
>>
>>33142367
>>33142324

> local anon comes into a thread to shitpost but gets his bills paid instead
Thread posts: 132
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.