[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Designed by Knight and Stoner, what went wrong /k/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: Colt_2000.jpg (66KB, 800x465px) Image search: [Google]
Colt_2000.jpg
66KB, 800x465px
>>
>>33141036
It was designed by knight and stoner.
There's your problem.
>>
File: MP38_3.webm (2MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
MP38_3.webm
2MB, 1024x576px
>>33141036
> have weapon techonology years ahead of your enemies, what went wrong /k/?
>>
>>33141036
They sold it to Colt, who lawyered all over it and made questionable design changes.

If a good company like say, Ruger or Smith & Wesson were to make one, it would have the original good trigger, and it wouldn't have the same horrid durability and accuracy issues.
>>
>>33141116
Oh, also, it was overly fucking complicated for what it was.
There's no need for a rotating bolt if it's only a regular sized pistol.

I mean, you barely need it for something in .50 AE even...
>>
>>33141184
Was a rotating BARREL you mong.

Still recoil-operated.
>>
>>33141184
Hang on a fucking second, this IS the rotating bolt one, right?
>>
>>33141184
the original wasn't that complicated IAN stated
>>
>>33141200
No, the bolt-face is fixed like on any typical short-recoil pistol, it's the barrel which rotates, which is absolutely viable for a short-recoil automatic and can be quite good if you're a not shitty company that makes good guns.

Compare it to the Grand Power or Beretta Cougar, they have the same concept, short-recoil by the ways of a rotating barrel. If done right it can make for a pretty accurate pistol, and arguably less felt recoil/flip because of how the barrel only moves backwards, and doesn't tilt.
>>
File: d7vjaVjz_400x400.jpg (21KB, 364x364px) Image search: [Google]
d7vjaVjz_400x400.jpg
21KB, 364x364px
>>33141036
Short answer
>Colt

Stoner and knight sold them a viable design, then in colt's infinite wisdom they decided to add their own "improvements" thus resulting in the turd you see that was produced

Knight made out pretty well though, rather then getting a percent of the sales, or cash he negotiated with colt to sell them the design out right in return for payment he received all of colt's factory collection inventory of machine guns, prototypes and assault rifles.

So in the end colt lost almost all of their engineering designs, and prototypes and wound up with a flop of a product

>HFW They agreed to that deal and fucked up and failed his design
>>
>>33141036
Slide was WAY too big.
>>
>>33141746
Fucking kek.
He made out like a king.
>>
>>33141746
>he negotiated with colt to sell them the design out right in return for payment he received all of colt's factory collection inventory of machine guns, prototypes and assault rifles

my sides
>>
>>33141178
I always wondered if someone can alter the trigger to make it lighter? I mean I guess it's a stiff spring that resulted to the hard trigger pull, if the trigger was unfucked I think it would be more enjoyable, but the removable front sight portion will always dick your aim
>>
>>33141746
>hfw
>>
>>33141746
Holy fuck, I never knew that, Knight's a fucking genius.
>>
File: Beretta Cougar .357Sig.jpg (316KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Beretta Cougar .357Sig.jpg
316KB, 900x600px
>>33142294
Honestly the entire thing, as made by Colt, is a piece of shit.

If you want a rotating barrel pistol, get a Beretta Cougar or PX4
>>
>>33141184
>you barely need it for something in .50 AE even
The Desert Eagle benefits greatly from it's rotating bolt, not just from a strong and secure lockup, but for accuracy.

They're not one of the most accurate production pistols in the world for nothing.
>>
>>33141746
I guess that explains why Reed Knight has so much cool shit lying around.
>>
>>33141184
The All American is a short recoil operated pistol with a rotating barrel. The Desert Eagle is a gas operated rotating bolt. The system the All American uses is similar to the Steyr Hahn or Beratta PX4 series with the exception of the compact one with the tilting barrel.
>>
Can we meme the original design into production? These dubs say we can.
>>
>>33141036
They did not have aesthetics in mind when they made that turd.
>>
File: Colt.jpg (110KB, 800x465px) Image search: [Google]
Colt.jpg
110KB, 800x465px
>>33141036
The sold it to Colt, who fucked up the trigger, and gave it a longer barrel while elongating the barrel bushing instead of the slide. And then put the front sight on the fucking barrel bushing.

The original looked closer to this.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.