[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>replica >plastic magazines >replica why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 21

File: HMG StG STG44 comparison.png (914KB, 964x692px) Image search: [Google]
HMG StG STG44 comparison.png
914KB, 964x692px
>replica
>plastic magazines
>replica

why?
>>
>>33139040
HMG tried their best. We should be grateful we'll get a close replica for the StG 44 as possible.
>>
only autists think the HMG doesn't look good
it looks fine to me and I like it
who cares if it looks different from the original
>>
>>33139056
yes, let me grovel at the feet of Hill and Mac Gun Works for producing such a "quality" reproduction
all the effort and attention to detail really paid off

oh wait, it looks like trash and only retards like it
>>
>>33139073
Pretty much this.

I wouldn't mind paying 4-5k for an authentic repop.
>>
>>33139073
>>33139098
Well 100% accurate repro of the StG can't be done. They tried it with the PTR-44 and it failed.

You guys are the ones in the wrong.
>>
Why exactly is nobody just machining exact replicas of StG? It's not like we don't have available working models
>>
>>33139126
>What is the PTR-44 that failed horribly.
>>
>>33139126
they are
SSD has been making them for years and years for the Euro market

they teamed up with PTR for the PTR44, but PTR fucked up the shit on their end
just because the PTR44 failed, doesn't mean that it can't be done

>>33139112
>in the wrong
we didn't make a horrible "reproduction" and cut every corner we could to keep the price low enough to sell to casuals and retards
>>
>>33139112
>Well 100% accurate repro of the StG can't be done.
They sure can!

http://www.el-be-tac.com/usa-exports/
>>
>>33139133
Maybe re-examine why the PTR-44 failed instead of just getting lazy and designing airsoft guns
>>
>>33139133
>limited production run for enthusiasts
>failed horribly
HMG go away.
>>
>>33139161
>>33139163
>>33139172
Why did the PTR-44 fail then if a 100% repro can be done? It can't. Be glad someone is giving us poorfags the chance to own something close to an StG.
>>
>anti-HMG
>we don't like the HMG for these reasons and think it has these flaws
>we think that the caliber conversions detract from the rifle

>pro-HMG
>HURR, PTR44 failed so a good repro can't be done
>HURR, AUTISTS, it looks fine
>>
>>33139040
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoYolXYUB00
Manufacturing costs and tooling.
>>
>>33139197
>Why did the PTR-44 fail then if a 100% repro can be done?
Because the PTR-44 was based on drawings that had incorrect measurements and data.
I am not even making that up.
>>
>>33139198
It's good enough for a modern repro.
>>
>>33139197
it failed because PTR fucked up the 922(r) compliance parts because they had no experience making StG parts
the PTR44s were completely capable of being unfucked by a good StG smith
>>
I've heard that HMG is scamming bad goyim who want problematic rifles. Is there any truth to that?
>>
>>33139210
>it costs money to do it right, so we did it wrong
this is what I hear every time
>>
>>33139222
No it isn't you double nigger. If Germany could field THOUSANDS of them in the tail end of the war there's literally 0 reason why we couldn't easily produce exact replicas today.
The PTR was a limited run based on incorrect source material, hence its design problems. It in no way shows that making StG44s is magically impossible
>>
>>33139276
hell, we could even make it a big cheaper
HMG started with a good plan
make an StG44 with modern techniques and some changes to keep costs down
then they went overboard with keeping the costs down (seriously, plastic magazines) and fucked the rifle over by doing the retarded caliber conversions and making it take AR mags

if HMG had aimed for a couple hunderd higher and stayed with StG44 mags and the original caliber, it'd be fine
but they had to cater to morons who want an StG in .300 memeout or .223 retardington
>>
>>33139040
because they want it to cost $1000 and not $5000
>>
>takes a last ditch shit rifle designed to be thrown away after 1k rounds
>fixes it so it can functionally compete with the gorillion other ar15/18 clones
>people get mad that it isn't exactly like their tinfoil nazi trash gun
>tools it up to be in an obscure/obsolete nazi round
>gets yelled at by autists for making the mags out of polymer
Whiny faggots like you are the reason very few people reproduce historical arms. Are you even going to buy one or just complain that it sucks because it isn't trash made by jewish slave labor?
>>
>>33139276
You wouldn't WANT an exact replica, because they are fragile pieces of shit that destroy themselves at a low round count.
>>
>>33139251
HMG:
>We need to price out products to what the market will bear to maximize potential profits
>This means they must be produced using modern, efficient techniques to keep price below $2000 which means it can't be made as an exact repro
>Original guns were produced for limited use and not intended to be sold to a discerning customer who desires a reliable and durable gun for the price, so we need our guns to be designed to last more than 1 year

You
>WTF it's not an exact repro for $1000 like I can't even

If you are upset about the product this company is producing, and you believe there is a place in the market for an exact high quality reproduction, you should work on filling that market niche. If you're confident that there is profit to be made you should get on it before someone else does.
>>
>>33139276
>there's literally 0 reason why we couldn't easily produce exact replicas today.
Well you'd have to spend millions on outdated machinery and then use that machinery with outdated techniques to make an expensive product the average person will hate.
>>
>>33139073
>>33139056
>WHY IS THIS REPLICA BAD

>was never a replica
>was never intended to be a replica
>was never called an StG-44
>autists still complain about it not being a replica
Go to /o/ and join the shitters bitching that the 86 doesn't have 250BHP stock so you can have some friends. Nobody else cares about crying that something isn't what it never was supposed to be.
>>
>>33139251
And it will never stop being the answer. Not for this gun, not for your car, not for your fridge, not for your PC, not for your house, not for anything. You want an exact replica? Well first off, you're an idiot, StG-44s are inherently bad. Second, either pony up the cash for a PTR-44 that has been handed over to the same smiths that the guys who own real ones use because they have to work on those guns three times a year per example so they damn sure know how to unfuck a repro by now. Failing that, you could illegally smuggle a BD-44 in from Canada, which, surprise, leaves you in the same fucking boat as the Type 3 and PTR faggots because guess what, the design was never fucking good.
>>
>>33139276
Germany cranked out thousands because they cut corners and used slave labor. If a modern rifle had as short a potential service life as an Stg44 it would be laughed off the market.
>>33139350
HMG wanted to make a rifle that could be sold to people other that turboautists like you. Not everyone wants to pay $50 per magazine then risk damaging a historical artifact when using it nor do they want to pay $1/round for 8Kurtz. Its not like basement dwellers like you even have the neetbux to drop on one anyway so shut the fuck up.
>>
if it isn't a replica, then what is it for?

it can't be for practical use because it's more expensive, heavier, with less aftermarket, and probably less reliable than existing options
it isn't for reenactors or collectors because it's not a replica

so is this just for wehraboos who don't know/care about the history?
I just don't get the appeal of a $2k rifle that looks kinda sorta like an StG with no other redeeming qualities
>>
>>33139040
Then make your own metal magazines dumbass.
>>
File: stg.jpg (18KB, 220x324px) Image search: [Google]
stg.jpg
18KB, 220x324px
>>33139040
>>33139126
>>33139251
>>33139276
>>33139210

The StG44 was created with cost of production/resources in mind towards the end of the war. It was cost-effectively made with stamped steel & simple internals. The StG45 was an even greater improvement on the cost of production.

I don't see why stamping steel would be any more expensive today than it was back then. If somebody actually gave a shit and drew up the exact specs/dimensions of the StG, they could probably produce it for a relatively low cost.

Not sure why no one has been able to do it correctly; it's not like there aren't any original StGs floating around. The HMG could have been nice if executed correctly, but now it's just a gun for poorfag wehraboos.

If someone did it correctly with stamped steel, steel internals, and almost everything else to the original spec, I'd be willing to part with a lot of money. Even if it were in 7.92x33mm Kurz, I'd still buy it.
>>
>>33139276
>If a whole country could field THOUSANDS of them for A WORLD WAR there's literally 0 reason why an INDEPENDENT MANUFACTURER couldn't easily produce exact replicas today AT AN ACCEPTABLE COST to enthusiasts

They would be lucky to break even
>>
>>33139452
there are reproduction maagzines available and PPU 8mm Kurz is comparable in price to .308 or .30-06

who are these non-turbo-autists who want these guns? because, so far as I can tell, the main people buying historical firearm designs are people who care about the history
>>
I just want a short action 7.92x33 bolt gun with tangent sights.
>>
>>33139485
OOW and SMG Guns make a profit producing BARs and FG42s respectivaly at high prices and SSD in Germany has been producing StG44s, MkB41, G43s, FG42s, and MP38s for years
>>
>>33139468
It's for people that think it's cool but actually want to shoot it.

Why is that so hard to understand.
>>
>>33139530
but who wants it?
who wants an StG that doesn't look like an StG and is inferior to a modern rifle?

I want to shoot an StG too, but this is like driving one of those Ferrari look alike kit cars
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com(3).jpg (143KB, 864x907px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com(3).jpg
143KB, 864x907px
>>33139484
"Simple internals"
From the Forgotten Weapons Q&A with Mac of Hill & Mac, it was stated that the stampings for the trigger group stretch the metal very thin and easily deform the rest of the receiver in unacceptable ways. It was stated that the rejection rate would be very high if they used the same form for the receiver, which was acceptable for the Germans but not for a profit-conscious civilian manufacturer. I still think they could have stamped some blocks to rivet onto the side of the receiver to give it the look of the originals, though.
>>
>>33139484
Stamped steel is very cheap in bulk, but very expensive in small runs. The tooling isn't cheap and you need high volume to get the amortized tooling costs down.
>>
>>33139569
then use the same form and up the price to reflect the reject rate si that we can have a rifle that looks halfway decent instead of like a half baked abortion

corner cutting everywhere
I'm all for keeping costs down, but not when the end result is so poor
>>
>>33139484
>I don't see why stamping steel would be any more expensive today than it was back then.
Stamping doesn't become cheap until you've cranked out a high volume of guns, the startup is a bitch.

>>33139526
And those are marketed to vastly different buyers and cost a fuck ton more. HMGs goal here wasn't to make another wildly expensive luxury item, it was to produce an accessible approximation. And don't even bother mentioning the Euro market cause it's an entirely different animal than the US.
>>
Did everyone miss the part where they said that they can't make the trigger group too similar to the FA original cos' the ATF might throw a temper tantrum ?
>>
>>33139561
Except that in this regard the lookalike kit is cheaper AND better. It looks good enough and in no way looks bad and it also has cheaper ammo and mags. This is no different than buying the later generation of a gun or a car or anything else that has been improved
>>
>>33139620
who wants the accessible approximation?
and why would they want it?

>>33139625
somehow every other FA conversion manages to change the trigger group without drastically altering the appearance of the trigger group housing but HMG couldn't
>>
>>33139608
>corner cutting everywhere
I'm all for keeping costs down, but not when the end result is so poor

So by not making the design as shitty and cost cutting as the original, you want them to further increase the price for aesthetics
>>
>>33139663
fine
then it's like taking a 1950 Ford Pickup and modernizing, changing the lines so it doesn't actually look like a 1950 pickup and putting a modern engine in it that still makes less horsepower than a Ford Ranger

yeah, it's "better" but who actually wants it
people who want a vintage Ford truck will be unimpressed by the changed lines and people who want a pickup would rather get a Ranger or F150

>>33139690
>you want them to further increase the price for aesthetics
seeing as that is LITERALLY THE ONLY APPEAL OF THE RIFLE
yes, I would like them to have aimed for a higher price point in order to get the aesthetics better
they can even keep the internal improvements, I wouldn't care
as long as it shoots 8mm Kurz semi-automatically and looks right and uses an operating system at least similar to the real deal
>>
>>33139073
>>33139098

Because a crappy .22lr rifle inside STG-looking shell is so much better, right?
>>
>>33139668
Anyone that every bought a gun that isn't 100% true to the original model, which encompasses a vast array of firearms.

But hey, go ahead and send HMG your resume and show them everything they're doing wrong because the receiver isn't a 1:1 but still looks fine.
>>
>>33139058
>who cares if it looks different from the original
right I know this has to be b8 but on the off chance you're serious here goes
if someone is buying a replica they want it to look the same as the original and work the same as the original its like buying a replica 1950's beetle and being sent a 2016 model
sure its the same car but you want the 1950s one not one what looks vaguely similar
>>
>>33139732
>isn't a 1:1
this is correct
>but still looks fine
this is incorrect
the gun looks anything other than fine
take a look at it, and every single small detail is different

the foreend, the dimples on the receiver, the length and proportions of the magwell, the lower is all kinds of fucked, the mags are plastic, the recoil spring is visible, the mag release is on the wrong side and different, the fire selector is placed incorrectly and vastly different

I could go on
>>
>>33139723
Stop it with the car analogies, you're fucking terrible at them and not it's like taking an 84 and giving it fuel injection, ABS and new gearing options. Or any generation of glock, and -X smith and wesson, and A or Mod in the military or any other upgrade ever.

The aesthetics you keep crying about are so fucking minor that I'm becoming curious as to how you function in daily life when you are incapable of entertaining the idea of someone thinking differently than you
>>
It looks like a shitty CETME-L almost. Puke disgusting. Look at the stock's lines. zero fucking excuse.
>>
>>33139040
>cheap easy to produce rifle in an STG44 shell
>polymer magazines
>looks pretty horrible
>up to 5k in price
Why?
>>
>>33139744
Let's see just about every modern production "cowboy" gun is a good place to start. The majority of 1911s, any gun that's been on the market for more than a decade, all the CZ clones ever produced, a billion different AKs, the Mauser action etc etc
>>
>>33139040
>replica
>only vaguely resembles the profile of the original
is anyone going to buy this?
>>
>>33139794
Maybe because it's an STG-M and not an StG-44.
>>
>>33139857
there are lots of replica cowboy guns that look correct
1911s are produced for practical purposes where historicity is not important
same with CZs and AKs and Mausers

the only appeal of an StG is history, and this doesn't have that
that's where I'm getting hung up
>>
>>33139878
If you can find me one piece of literature from HMG with the word """replica""" anywhere on it I will stop telling you not to call it one. It is not a replica.
>>
>>33139906
It isn't a faggoty AR, AK, or roller-cucked shitpile. Start with that.
>>
>>33139794
Wow, it's almost like they had to use a totally different FCG and tweek some things to make it available in several calibers.

It doesn't look perfect, but it looks fine. Outside of the those intimately familiar autistis raging on /k/, which I assume is about 3 people, it looks fine. As in acceptable for the changes made to produce a working approximation
>>
>>33139906
>the only appeal of an StG is history

Yes, to you. You however don't speak for everyone and there are people who will find this interesting and people who know that this is as close as they can get to that history
>>
>>33139947

It looks like shit dude. there's no reason to buy this over the .22 lr version that exists. It objectively looks like shit. I dont even give a fuck about the STG44 and even i can see how bad it looks. Pig ugly. Don't tel me it costs over 1k too.
>>
>>33139126
>original was designed to fall apart after x amount of rounds
>ATF would crucify you (and your doggo) if you could use original parts to make it machine gun
>fair amount of handfitting went into originals
>>
sure are a lot of cucks that lapped up HMGs propaganda about the originals being "designed" to fall apart after x rounds
a lot of cucks that think that making changes to keep the ATF of your back means changing the external appearance drastically
a lot of cucks that think that an StG in non-original calibers using plastic fucking AR mags is a good idea
a lot of cucks that think the rifle is "good enough"

>"waaah, they had to cut costs"
keep lapping up the HMG propaganda line

just because FW/Ian like it, doesn't mean it's actually good

pro-tip, it's not
>>
>>33139878
apparently a lot of people already bought one.
>>
>>33139569
>>typical german engineering.
>>
>Make the manufacturing process cheaper so you can turn a profit
>Autists REEEE because the stampings don't look right

>Painstakingly recreate the original 100% down to every detail and sell it for $4000
>Total units sold: 50

Hm geez I wonder which one a company would pick.
>>
>>33140050
I don't think you know what the word 'cuck' means.
>>
>>33140249
His entire post is memes and screams of autism.
>>
>>33139987
>It looks like shit dude
So does the original. It's just not an exact copy of shit
>>
>>33139056
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS_xUzIjouI
>>
>>33140169
This. There's a company right now making reproduction FG-42s with painstaking detail and they cost like $4000. From what I've heard they've barely sold any.

Fags on /k/ need to realize 99% of the gun market isn't autistic sperglords like them. Nobody except a fat /k/unt is going to shell out thousands of dollars on a novelty.
>>
>>33139098
>I wouldn't mind paying 4-5k for an authentic repop.

>4-5k
>For a rifle that wouldn't last more than 4k rounds
>>
>>33139979
A few thousand autists isn't nearly as valuable market as hundreds of thousands of Cawadooty fans, reenactors, movie prop companies, and people who just want the iconic Nazi gun. It was just illogical for them to go where the money is.
>>
>>33139073
>>33139098
>t. autist who wouldn't buy it anyway
>>
File: 1479788416391.jpg (235KB, 1056x1486px) Image search: [Google]
1479788416391.jpg
235KB, 1056x1486px
>>33142046
are you getting paid by HMG to defend them and move the goalposts?

you are pathetic, fuck you.
>>
>>33142648
>t. German Sport Guns shill
>>
>>33139040
why would anyone buy that garbage, it barely looks like the original
>>
>>33142775
Looks close enough for me.
>>
>>33140884
I want one of those so damn bad, just need to save up for it
>>
>>33139040
Whats the big deal about these again? Why didnt you guys just buy the german .22LR ones that came in the nice wooden crate?
>>
>>33142831
Because I got tired of .22 when I was 15.
>>
File: stevie-wonder-9536078-1-402.jpg (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
stevie-wonder-9536078-1-402.jpg
16KB, 300x300px
>>33142785
>t.
>>
>>33142850
Ever do steel challenge?

.22LR gets fun again quick when you go to matches and start really pushing yourself. I'd love to go to a match with a repro.
>>
I understand why they did the trigger pack the way they did, but I'm really hating the stock and the magazine release.
>>
>>33139197
>guys, we failed at rebuilding a bridge so just fuck that town i guess
>>
>>33139056
I would agree with this as much as the faggots on this board would flame me for it
>>
>>33139690
>the price for aesthetics

Aesthetics is the only selling point this finicky, boat anchor of an intermediate caliber carbine has. You buy it because you want a StG like you see in movies and games, not because you want the best or even a good rifle. You want it because you want a StG-44.
>>
>>33140894
It's not like people don't pay far more for guns that don't ever see more than a couple hundred rounds. Look at the guys buying double rifles for African hunts. They maybe put a few dozen rounds through them.
>>
Nobody can make a 100% replica of the STG44. Why? Because it is a weapon capable of full auto.
>>
>>33143716
That may be why you would buy one, but not for me or many others
>>
>>33144388
This.
>>
>>33139232
>good StG smith
Please, pray tell, where can a good StG smith be found? The gun has been out of production for over a half century at this point.
>>
>jews
>spending enough money to make a decent product
>>
File: 1449625094620.jpg (23KB, 350x351px) Image search: [Google]
1449625094620.jpg
23KB, 350x351px
>>33139040

For all the minute details they got right, like the stacking swivel and wood parts, it seems they fucked up an equal number of major parts on this thing.

It definitely looks close though. I can get over the change in handguard since it is only a slight bend, but what the fuck happened to the trigger housing? It doesn't even look close to the original and the selector is in the completely wrong place. Its nice that you can use an HK pack but it makes it look terrible.
>>
>>33139040
idk man it looks close enough for me.
>>
File: covetousjew.jpg (19KB, 300x258px) Image search: [Google]
covetousjew.jpg
19KB, 300x258px
>>33139040
>>
>>33144964
To avoid the ATF
>>
>>33145060
they had to completely change the look of the lower to comply with the ATF?
funny how every other FA conversion gets away with omitting a hole or two
>>
>>33145106
what you want a bunch of fake rivets on the gun?
>>
>>33145313
honestly, truly?
if it makes the gun look closer to the original and does not negatively affect function, yes
>>
File: 1478108097714.jpg (40KB, 364x285px) Image search: [Google]
1478108097714.jpg
40KB, 364x285px
>>33142769
>>33142785
>>33142850
>>33143379
>>33143948
>>33143716
>>33144799
>>33144998
>>33145313
I WISH /K/ HAD ID'S BECAUSE THIS KIND OF SAMEFAGGING AND SHILLING SHOULDN'T BE POSSIBLE
>>
File: 1488139813763.jpg (3MB, 2500x1688px) Image search: [Google]
1488139813763.jpg
3MB, 2500x1688px
>>33145809
You are talking about yourself right???

Because you really should be banned for making these threads and samefagging them.
>>
>>33145901
jokes on you, I'm the fag who keeps making these threads, and that's not me
>>
anybody else want the magazines to stick in an ar? a 50 round mag that actually works would be fun and probably cheaper than a drum.
>>
File: 1486395412377.jpg (43KB, 699x637px) Image search: [Google]
1486395412377.jpg
43KB, 699x637px
>>33145901
>>
>>33144388
Then why would you buy it?
>>
File: 1477875801894.jpg (45KB, 400x599px) Image search: [Google]
1477875801894.jpg
45KB, 400x599px
>>33146802
not that anon but to have an exact working replica of an original which the HMG isn't even close to being
>>
>>33146814
>not that anon but to have an exact working replica of an original
My point precisely

>which the HMG isn't even close to being
And this is what makes it, imo, a pointless rifle.
>>
This shitshow's not gonna stop, is it?
>>
File: Stahlhelm.jpg (67KB, 476x717px) Image search: [Google]
Stahlhelm.jpg
67KB, 476x717px
>>33139040
>why?
Because Naziboos shell out insane amount of money for this shit, no matter how shoddy it is.

You could go into business grabbing random household goods from the 30s and 40s and stamping Swastikas on to sell for hundreds of dollars.

See: That guy the other day who paid hundreds of dollars for Blatnatly fake SS hats.
>>
>>33139126
Because you would have to make exact replicas of all the machines as well
And then they would cost 10 times more
>>
File: AGM StG 44.jpg (201KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
AGM StG 44.jpg
201KB, 1024x768px
>>33139040
looks incongruous
>>
File: 1487055348019.jpg (127KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1487055348019.jpg
127KB, 900x600px
>>33147425
Not as long as people keep getting triggered over this gun.

Honestly I'm starting to suspect that it has more to do with the rifle being affiliated with Nazis than it has to do with any historical accuracy. When Ohio Ordinance made this fucking BAR abortion for $4400 nobody gave a shit.
>>
>>33146802
Because it's still interesting while being more practical and less expensive than a real one and nobody at the range ,myself included will be hung up on "hey that pin is .002m lower on the real gun which I've never seen in person". People buy all manner of furniture and accessories accessed full on body kits for guns to make them more like other guns or dress them up like movie props and you just cannot fathom why someone would like this. People buy Minis because it's like a less expensive m14. People butch about every new gun that comes out because it doesn't take X ubiquitous mag

It's not what YOU want it to be, but it's still cool in its own right.
>>
File: riodissapointed.gif (3MB, 200x147px) Image search: [Google]
riodissapointed.gif
3MB, 200x147px
I don't get why people care so much?

If you don't like it or think it's dumb just don't buy it. Nobody is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to give HMG $$$.

Sure the gun is getting a bit of hype/press but that's because it's probably the first truly different rifle we've seen on the market in a while.
>>
>>33147503
that's right, antifa is the boogeyman de joure right now
>>
>>33139668
If this is such a sticking point then buy an STG lower, pop the rivets and stick in the HK style trigger pack and stick it on the HMG version. According to what a recent video said (can't remember if it was MAC or Ian) they do fit.
>>
>>33141796
cawadoody fans won't give a single fucking shit if the HMG one has incorrect features, as long as it looks like an STG-44 they'll buy it anyways.
>>
>>33149417
What the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>>33149341
>just buy an StG lower if you want it to look right
that is as much as a whole HMG costs if you can even find one and wouldn't be legal (hide yo dogs)
>>
>>33141796
>reenactors
this is the one group that would care the most about historical accuracy
this looks nowhere good enough for reenacting, especially with the fucking plastic mags
>>
>>33139040
Would you argue that it's more of a repro? Is that why you're sperging over the term "replica"?

If you don't have the two guns side by side, and stumbled upon either, you would identify it as "an stg 44!"
>>
>>33149553
nah, anyone familiar with an StG would notice something was up immediately when he noticed the magazines were plastic and the lower was completely wrong

then he would look closer and wonder what abomination he'd stumbled upon
>>
>>33140884
I had the opportunity to fingerfuck of of these SSD FG42. It was a type 2 a customer wanted to try out on our range. Very nice gun.
>>
>>33149760
SSD? because SSD only sells outside the US (import shit)
or do you mean SMG Guns which is based in the US?
>>
>>33149848
SSD = Sport-Systeme Dittrich
I'm a /k/raut if that clears things up a little.
>>
>>33149872
ok, just making sure?
ever handled any of their other guns?
how much do SSD guns run over in Europe?

I'm a WWII reenactor (just US for now, but I'd like to get into German and Russian later), and looking at SSD's webpage is like looking through the window of a candy store
>>
>>33149886
That was the only one of their guns I've ever seen or handled IRL. Rare to see one out in the wild.
Their MP38 repro, the BD38 goes for about 2,5k, the FG42s start and around 7,5k.
Here's their price list if you're interested.
http://www.ssd-weapon.com/preisliste-waffen-u.-zubehoer.html
>>
>>33139040
why are autisictics triggered by this so much?
>>
>>33150738
because it's pretty fun to argue about>>33150738
>>
File: 1487384084197-1.jpg (117KB, 536x622px) Image search: [Google]
1487384084197-1.jpg
117KB, 536x622px
>>33148552
>SHILLING THIS HARD
>>
File: two-guns.jpg (33KB, 453x568px) Image search: [Google]
two-guns.jpg
33KB, 453x568px
>>33147503
>When Ohio Ordinance made this fucking BAR abortion for $4400 nobody gave a shit.

thats because they were already making FAITHFUL, HIGH QUALITY REPLICAS OF THE MILITARY BAR.

stop defending HMG and their gay shit
>>
>>33149598
this
>>
>>33149177
Yup, the CTR/Shillary thing seems to have died down now. Wonder what'll be next.
>>
>>33151731
maybe we'll kick it old school amd worry about tumblr
>>
from the perspective of someone who isn't really familiar with the profile of the stg, if it weren't for the aged furniture, I wouldn't be able to tell which one was the original design. the reproduction is warped in about every detail, but it simply looks like a new generation of the same rifle. is this the same company that MAC interviewed?
>inb4 someone calls me a shill.
>>
>>33151970
it's the same company MAC and Ian/Karl/FW/In-Range have interviewed

>new generation of the same rifle
I hate this meme
>>
>>33152042
s-sorry? I've never heard some else say it before I had the thought. looking at it closely now, I can see why people are unhappy about it. it just looks cheap. like an airsoft "replica". the stamped grooves and lines just look wrong.
the overall profile and shape is fine since obviously they've had to design the rifle almost from the ground up. but you'd think they could have had the lines look similar to the original at least.
>>
>>33152144
The lower was never going to look the same as the old one because of ATF fuckery.
>>
>>33152144
nah, didn't mean to snap
the pro-HMG guys keep using the "it's updated" thing to justify the look of the gun

>>33152200
now this meme is nuts
ATF might say omit a pin/hole here or something
the ATF didn't make them completely change the external appearance, which is what HMG did
>>
>>33152220
That "meme" is from the HMG interviews.
>>
>>33152220
>the ATF didn't make them completely change the external appearance, which is what HMG did

And?
>>
>>33152220
oh I see. well they should "update" it so that at least the stamped grooves have that 1940s look to it. an AK with full magpull furniture and a scope still looks like a familiar receiver.
>>
>>33152295
and now it looks like shit

>>33152284
look, I'd be willing to accept some changes, but changing the complicated stampings to three simple lines is not an ATF requirement
the ATF doesn't care if the trigger group looks like an FA trigger group, they only care about whether or not parts are interchangeable
>>
>>33139126

Because most of the plans and blueprints don't exist anymore (don't you go pointing to that supposed set floating around on torrent sites; HMG is on record as having tried them out and them not being correct).

Go check out the interview Inrange did with HMG on the production process. Some cringey-ness aside, they really cover a lot of the problems HMG has run into.

You're not just cranking out a copy of it. In order to make something this complex you essentially have to reverse engineer it.
>>
>>33152393
>and now it looks like shit
that is like your opinion, man.
>>
I don't understand how a company can make a luger P08 which looks nearly indistinguishable from an original, yet this new STG looks like an airsoft gun.
>>
File: Luger-P08.jpg (300KB, 1920x1544px) Image search: [Google]
Luger-P08.jpg
300KB, 1920x1544px
>>33152554

The P08's production process is well documented and understood. No need to re-engineer and figure out heat-treats, tools, etc. Not to mention, the P08 is all machined, the STG is stamped. Stamping's a lot harder to do on a small scale.
>>
>>33139126
because it's stamped
>>
>>33147503
To me me this goes in the same category as those Tacticool'd out Mauser and Luger pics
>>
File: wut.jpg (3KB, 125x102px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
3KB, 125x102px
>>33151443
what a fucking jew
>>
>>33139386
>outdated techniques
nigger those same stamping techniques are being used on AK's to this fucking day.
>>
StG44 is a flawed design and only a Wehrboo would own a replica.
>>
>>33154988
Most of the American gun industry has moved on to using castings and CNC/Mills as their primary processes, driving down cost and increasing productivity while decreasing the paid man hours needed to get things done.
>>
>>33155122
castings and milled items can be heat treated better to produce stronger parts than forging or stampings.
>>
>>33154988
No, they aren't.
>>
>>33149598
>anyone familiar with an StG
Familiar and intimately familiar aren't the same. There are a lot more people that would recognize the gun from 20ft than there are people that would notice the lower AT ALL
>>
>>33151443
It's ok, you can continue to believe it impossible that anyone could possibly disagree with you
>>
>hmg shilling their shit this hard
>on fucking /k/

You should be ashamed of yourselves and your subpar bullshit
>>
>>33156018
you don't have to be intimately familiar to notice the lower being completely different
>>
>>33139040
>also feeds from original magazines if you buy the 8mm Kurtz variant like someone who actually cares about authenticity

Why are you complaining again?
>>
>>33156091
Not just the lower, they fucked the whole aesthetic

The ONLY reason anyone would shell out money for an inferior design is for a replica, not for the retarded third cousin's incestuous child's version of the original.

I was excited when I first heard of this but the final execution of the product has cost HMG a customer and everyone I take with me because they couldn't be bothered to fulfill basic design principles
>>
>>33156090
It's all the richanons who are defending their purchases who did the equivalent of pre ordering a vidya game. You deserve this shit if you buy something early without anything to back it up. They only recently changed the story

>no we never meant for it to be a TRUE repro (only months later stating this)
>people really wanted the 3 calibers to be standard instead of 8x33 or 7.62x39 like it should have had standard.
>we didn't expect this much money to flow into the project so we had to change the gun (make it jam every round)

how can you defend this?
>>
Test
>>
>>33139040
>That absolutely hideous lower
>>
File: 1478751086507.gif (1MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1478751086507.gif
1MB, 320x213px
>all these retarded wehraboos sad that their favorite wunderwaffe was actually an F-35 tier boondoggle that could only be manufactured the way it was because throwing out rifles after 5000 rds. was preferable to losing to Russia before losing to America.
>>
>>33152464
It's also a simple fact. The HMG "design" looks like complete dogshit. Even airsoft can make a better STG repro
>>
Even though I see these threads and I do my fair share of shitposting on the rifles looks, I still want to buy one. I was heartened to hear the 3rd inRange video where Mack said that they will address the problems with the looks, so I feel that there still might be an outside chance they have the cure for my nazi-autism.
>>
>>33156321
How so?
>>
>>33145901
Who is this semen demon?
>>
>>33157116
it actually looks correct
>>
>>33156321
How is an opinion fact????
Besides that I am just happy it will be under 2,000.
If you want a gun to look correct you can buy a ptr44 and relish in its looks. While I will be shooting a copy that is good enough for me and other normies.
>>
>>33157480
>good enough for me and other normies
and the truth outs
this gun is for casuals and normies who are too stupid to tell the difference

>>33157427
>it actually looks correct
BWA-AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHHAHA
>>
>>33157526

>wanting a gun that "looks right" vs. a gun that has an acceptable service life

let me guess

>unironically jerks off to men in nazi uniforms but doesn't consider himself gay
>>
>>33157526
>t. salty poorfag saving for his next historically significant mosin
>>
>>33157573
if I want a practical gun, I'll use my $600 WASR and not an $2k rifle that's heavier and worse
this gun has no appeal as a practical or semi-practical rifle
only appeal over an AK or AR is historical, and it fails at that
>>
>>33142854

kek
>>
>>33157526
>>it actually looks correct
>BWA-AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHHAHA

>being this dense

at least the airshit repos look more accurate than HMG's abomination, you need to stop defending this lame rifle
>>
>>33157616
>>33157833

I'll agree.
The changes HMG made was so it could be more practical. But the gun already isn't practical to begin with.
It's a novelty, which isnt a bad thing, but its too distant from the original.
We don't want a bastardized streamlined new version of an StG
>>
>>33157847
>We don't want a bastardized streamlined new version of an StG
I don't think you could afford it anon.
>>
>>33139040
>replica
>looks like shit
>replica
why?
>>
>>33158013
is tis the only tactic the HMGIDF GIVES YOU ?, AD HOM ATTACKS? and character insults etc.

pathetic
>>
>>33158042
Its reproduction.
There is difference between both those words and op is abusing ignorance of the masses for his own laughs.
>>
>>33157086
He was saying this from day one,once they get production going they will setup metal mag manufacturing process,there's just not enough money for it at the moment and wold increase the price of the gun to a point nobody wants to pay.
But the autism crew has to shit on it so they will.
>MUH RIBS AROUND THE TRIGGER HOUSING
it actually made the gun more reliable it is all explained in the videos.
>>
>>33149448
what the fuck are you talking about, lumping in the dumb normalfags who play CoD in with serious reenactors and collectors?
are you retarded
>>
>>33151463
Ya, faithful high quality replicas that cost how much?
>>
>>33158291
$3300 and up, if there was a totally accurate repro of the stg-44 id be willing to $3500 as long as it came with a bunch of mags, hell id even pay that much for one chambered in 7.62x39
>>
>>33158304
You would, but I wouldn't. I kinda want an STG44 but I don't want one that bad. The HMG one is close enough to the original for my tastes, and it fits in a reasonable enough price range for me to consider.
>>
>>33139056
And by close you mean nothing like, right?
>>
>>33139126
Because of this thing called the ATF. They get pretty pissed when you try to create an identical replica of a full auto rifle.
>>
>>33158268
the external appearance of the ribs, the outside of the gun, affected reliability?

HMGIDF thinks we're retarded
four lines is more reliable than the OG bumps and lines
>>
>>33159563
Watch the video.
Its explained how and why.
>>
>>33158257
No its not. Otherwise it would be called an StG-44 not STG-M.
>>33158304
I'm not paying over $2k for a rifle. Period.
>>33159563
>what are stamped guns
The outside and the inside are the same fucking thing.
>>
>>33158660
THE ATF DOES NOT REQUIRE YOU TO CHANGE THE EXTERNAL APPEARANCE

all the ATF would require woulf be the omission of a pin hole or two and maybe adding some grooves and blocks to the bolt/housing

the ATF didn't tell them to use plastic mags
the ATF didn't tell them to warp the handguard
the ATF didn't tell them to use a rail for the sights
the ATF didn't tell them to make useless caliber conversions that distorted the proportions of the whole rifle

if the external differences were a matter of a few pinholes or something, all the "autists" calling HMG out on their bullshit would be droolling and lining up to buy rifles
they completely changed the look of the lower which the ATF does not require and distorted almost every other detail
>>
>>33159577
yeah, if I watched 3 hours of advertising and propaganda for HMG, I'd probably have a better opinion of it
but I don't need to watch 3 hours of advertising to know the gun looks off and no justification is going to be good enough for me to get around that

>more reliable
don't care, want an MP44, not a vague resemblance
>cheaper
don't care, I'm willing to pay for quality
>>
>>33159638
>hasnt seen the videos
>still wants to talk shit
Until then
>>
>>33159648
yeah, lemme just go and watch THREE GODDAMN HOURS OF DRY DEY DRY VIDEOS

and that's just the latest round
>>
>>33158313
thats not my problem bub you need to realize that if you want a high quality rifle you need to pay for it, hell if someone tried to do repro K31's with the same quality level it'd be a 3000 dollar rifle same if you want a high quality m14, if they are going to reproduce such an iconic design they should do it in quality and exactly as it was

>>33159614
>I'm not paying over $2k for a rifle. Period.
>being this entitled
WEW
just because you are a poorfag doesn't mean we all have to be poorfag shitheads who want a low-quality "repro" that isn't even a repro according to you

KYS faggot
>>
>>33159618
THIS

10/10 POST RIGHT HERE
>>
>>33148552
>myself included will be hung up on "hey that pin is .002m lower on the real gun which I've never seen in person

Except that's not the case. It's looks like an obviously different gun.
>>
>>33139040
Because normal people aren't autistic spergs like the people here and can appreciate the novelty of the weapon.
Thread posts: 204
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.