[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Duty vs. Freedom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 22

File: dolgilisvoboda.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
dolgilisvoboda.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
Inspired by many, X vs Y threads:

If Duty and Freedom decided to end their Zone-wide truce, if we can call it that, and would return to full scale war again, which would win?

For those not familiar with Stalker, Duty is a faction known for military discipline, 9x39mm and PKM goodness, and heavy armour, while Freedom prefers 5.56x45mm rifles along with sniper rifles and lightweight armour combined with guerilla tactics. Both have about equal manpower available.
>>
Duty, do to being more organized and disciplined.

The real question however, is which one has the better ideals.

Should the Zone be contained and destroyed or let free and undisturbed?
>>
File: petches.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
petches.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
>>33137200
Freedom
>>
>>33137316
However, to play devil's advocate, Duty is known for a certain amount of inflexibility, which Freedom is known to exploit to their advantage, plus Freedom is capable of following battlefield command of leader, even if they are out of combat completely undisciplined.

And personally, ideologically, I would argue Freedom is utter trash tier, even worse than the bandits - literally antifa tier. I mean, sure, there's plenty of good to come from the Zone, but nobody knows how the fuck that shit works. Exploiting artifacts is like children playing with nuclear devices.

>>33137331
bud why? :DDD
>>
File: Misery freedom AK105.jpg (614KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Misery freedom AK105.jpg
614KB, 1920x1080px
Dooty can't even clear a pack of wild dogs in front of "their" turf, get totally BTFO of handful of Snorks, they got literal rogue squads going against their own leader's orders, and even act like goddamn Bandits, demanding money from Loners to allow them to pass through "their" turfs.

All of Dooteh is mostly military deserters with no interests in learning the wonders of the Zone in order to help mankind evolve. Plus, they wear black and red.

Meanwhile, Freedom wears dat sweet Flecktarn, wield Sig550s and LR300s, and hold the forth at the border of Red Forest, keeping the mutant and Monolith hordes from spreading out from the center.

All in all, Freedom > > > Duty.
>>
Freedom. Duty is a faction of deserters that gets its gear from sympathetic elements still within the Ukrainian military.
Freedom on the other hand gets direct funding and supplying from EU nations and on top of that makes cash on the side with drug and artifact sales.
Better financial base, stronger support, better gear (that's not even taking into account the healing salves their armors have been soaked in) and broader appeal, meaning they can replace guys they lose easier.
>>
>>33137200
I'm more interested to see what would happen if Duty and Freedom combined forces somehow

It's pretty obvious in your situation however that Duty would win since they have Ukrainian Military support, it's just a matter of time.
>>
I think both should GTFO the zone and let the C-consciousness continue trying to reverse the zones expansion. There's nothing Duty could possibly do to learn more about the zone. They do not have the scientific expertise not equipment to ever come close.
>>
>>33137200
>guerilla tactics
I guess we can ask viet nam who would win
>>
File: a62.png (262KB, 680x661px) Image search: [Google]
a62.png
262KB, 680x661px
Clear Sky
>>
>>33137200
What is duty vs. freedom?

I swore an oath to the United States. To protect her from enemies foreign and domestic.

There is no higher oath.
>>
File: Snorks.jpg (414KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Snorks.jpg
414KB, 1920x1200px
>>33137680
>demanding money from Loners to allow them to pass through "their" turfs
wot

>All of Dooteh is mostly military deserters with no interests in learning the wonders of the Zone in order to help mankind evolve. Plus, they wear black and red.
How does that make Duty worse combatants? I'm not asking which faction tickles your fancy, I'm asking which one is has better martial prowess.

Also, on Bar vs. Barrier thing - you are aware that the truce is for the explict reason that both factions are aware they are about equal strength - that if they killed each other off, neither one would be able to hold both hotspots alone, including Freedom.

>>33137755
That Freedom logistics thing is a very, very valid thing. However, I'm going to differ on armour and gear: Duty fields both Exos and SEVAs on much larger scale than Freedom does, while their standard issue armour is vastly superior for combat (PSZ-9D vs. Wind of Freedom). Sure, Freedom's Guardian of Freedom has about equal stats to the PSZ-9D, but it's not standard issue, and Freedom experts themselves prefer the Wind of Freedom for mobility. Broader appeal I'm not that sure of either. A lot of cut dialogue from Bar points towards most neutrals finding Freedomers batshit insane lunatics.

Plus, I could see Freedom being bandit apologists and being actually legit hostile to Ecologists (discounting the abortion we call CoP where both factions were carbon copies of each other) being a turn-off for many neutrals.
>>
File: Rest.jpg (634KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Rest.jpg
634KB, 1920x1200px
>>33137787
Duty doesn't have Ukrainian military support though. Like >>33137755 said, Duty only has some sympathetic elements - but Duty and Military are hostile to each other, even though Duty has some connections to military stalkers. In other words, in a full Duty vs. Freedom war, Duty would be on their own, assuming Freedom would cease harassing the Military and focus their efforts on Duty only.

>>33137803
But Duty isn't even trying to learn about the Zone, really. They just want to kill it. And yes, they do not have scientific expertise nor equipment - that is why they deliver everything of interest to Ecologists, so they might do the scientific shit in stead of Duty.

>>33137886
dank u for ur cervix
>>
>>33137852
So america then
>>
File: 1464510818257.jpg (45KB, 570x487px) Image search: [Google]
1464510818257.jpg
45KB, 570x487px
>>33137856
My nigga.

>>33137886
You are not very smart.
>>
>>33138376
I never said I was.
>>
>>33137200
Only the best of the best join their ranks. Shitty stalkers dont make it that far.
>>
DUDE
>>
File: Hind.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Hind.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>33138645
Except the original Monolithians consisted of fellows who hadn't even went any further North than the Agroprom m8. Clear Sky mentions this. Original Monolithians were actually belittled for their inexperience.
>>
Duty had control of the the biggest, and in practicality, the only city and economic hub up until free access to Pripyat was achieved. That alone should have contributed greatly to ever aspect of strategic and logistic management for them.

I find Freedom to be more sympathetic though, and their uniforms and gear are much cooler, but I do not understand how a military unit can exist in such a weird state of anarchy.
>>
File: Monolith_Patch.png (73KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Monolith_Patch.png
73KB, 256x256px
>>33137200
Hello friend, may I spread the good word of the Monolith with you today?
>>
File: he fights for FREEDOM.jpg (159KB, 350x493px) Image search: [Google]
he fights for FREEDOM.jpg
159KB, 350x493px
>>33137929
>wot
Never played Soc?

>How does that make Duty worse combatants?
They're doing shit job at everything, and only seem to create more enemies. They even practice literal information censorship, like when the X-16 is shut down and then captured by Duty, they all start being all like "nah, just fairytales! On your way, Stalker!".

Duty's gear also generally sucks fucking ass. That "excellent rookie gear" they promote is a literal AKSU + a suit that's barely an upgrade from Sunrise. Environmental protection is near zero, artifacts are a big no-no because jarheads say so, and they got literally the worst Exo suits out there.

Excuse me while I sprint in my Freedom Exoskeleton, with great Rad/Anomaly protection, all while reflecting bullets like a battletank and letting Artifacts heal and boost me.
>>
File: 1487202121721.jpg (133KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1487202121721.jpg
133KB, 657x527px
bandids

give me youre rubles pleese my fren took all my weenies and energy drinks when i was a sleep and now i dont have things to eat
>>
>>33137645
Because dude weed lmao
Freedom best faction, Screw the ultra serious military deserters that expect everyone to thank their cervix
>>
File: ss+(2017-02-27+at+11.47.50).jpg (21KB, 419x118px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-02-27+at+11.47.50).jpg
21KB, 419x118px
>>33139854
>Never played Soc?
Yes, +600 hours of it and an unknown amount on disc. I assume you're referring to the Bar checkpoint? Because if yes, I still don't get it. You just gun down the boars when they charge, if you even manage to nab even one of them before Duty kills them all, and they'll let you pass.

>They're doing shit job at everything, and only seem to create more enemies.
wot

Stalkers seem to hold Duty in a decently high regard, after all Duty's main source of recruitment is through veteran stalkers, even if the first Dutiers were military deserters. Plus, if you speak to the people at Bar, and check out the cut out dialogue files, it's made rather clear that the average Stalker finds Freedomers either naive idealistic children, or mad bastards that should be stood as far away from as possible.

>They even practice literal information censorship, like when the X-16 is shut down and then captured by Duty, they all start being all like "nah, just fairytales! On your way, Stalker!".
wot? Duty never captures X16; post-X16 they just start guarding the Ecologist lab with a skeleton crew in Yantar, but they don't actually push their way to the factory area. And where are you digging the censorship thing from?
>>
File: stalker_2_monolith_exos.jpg (137KB, 900x847px) Image search: [Google]
stalker_2_monolith_exos.jpg
137KB, 900x847px
>>33139854

>Duty's gear also generally sucks fucking ass. That "excellent rookie gear" they promote is a literal AKSU + a suit that's barely an upgrade from Sunrise. Environmental protection is near zero, artifacts are a big no-no because jarheads say so
Oh, you're speaking of CS and CoP that absolutely and completely mangle any and all standing lore for the sake of gameplay - like with the whole "Freedom now suddenly likes Ecologists" - thing. In SoC, PSZ-9D, the standard Duty suit is basically equal to the Freedom's Guardian of Freedom suit including anomaly protection, while being lighter, and also thrashing the Wind of Freedom completely, and no Dutier uses a worse rifle than the AN-94. Plus, in CS and CoP Freedom rookies also run AKSUs and MP5s, so that exactly doesn't give them an advantage in those games either.

>and they got literally the worst Exo suits out there.
But literally all Exos are statclones of each other, except the Freedom Exo in CS, that only has the difference of having no weight carry bonus but weighing less on it's own, and slightly superior anomaly protection.

tl;dr I can assure you that the differences in popularity and gear quality are far less than you think, and the legitimate question here on who would win comes down to actual combat skills, tactics, flexibility, and differences in doctrine - not from that one side has the overwhelming support of the neutrals or that one side has vastly superior gear.
>>
>>33140340

Also nobody is going to mention that those Monolithians have gas masks sewn to their faces?
>>
Duty = /k/
Freedom = Stoners
>>
>>33140638
sewing a gas mask to your face isn't normal

but on crystal it is
>>
>>33140691
>Freedom = /r9k/
ftfy
>>
>>33137680
I always wonder how much weed do you smoke everyday in freedom, but from your post it seems it's countless
>>
>>33140302
>Yes, +600 hours of it and an unknown amount on disc. I assume you're referring to the Bar checkpoint? Because if yes, I still don't get it. You just gun down the boars when they charge, if you even manage to nab even one of them before Duty kills them all, and they'll let you pass.
And if the boars didn't charge up and you didn't help Duty, they were going to demand money from you...............

Besides the fact that if you don't help several of them will die.
>>
>>33137200
Hopefully neither.
Duty are nanny state tryhards that deep down wishes all stalkers to dump their artifacts and leave the zone and turn themselves in
Freedom are not so insufferable Antifa that understand how to use firearms
I kill both.
>>
File: 172013186.jpg (625KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
172013186.jpg
625KB, 1024x768px
Duty has an ideology while Freedom is just bunch of criminal thugs who are basically mercenaries.

Those mercenaries aren't going to die for the moneys they get and will run away from the battlefield in any serious conflict.
>>
Duty are essentially cops and Leo that drive around in massive pickups with punisher stickers and wear tapout brand clothing.

Also praise the monolith.
>>
>>33141113
Never had anyone die on my own runs baka desu senpai, on vanilla or on modded games when I was too overloaded to actually score a single kill in time.

>>33141241
Basically desu this. But stalkers vs. bandits, or mercenaries vs. ecologists matchups are significantly less balanced than Duty vs. Freedom, and as such, much less entertaining. Also it's not so much that Duty "deep down wishes", but it's pretty obvious actually - the only reason they actually help neutrals is because they want to recruit more to their own ranks, and that starting a full scale war against neutrals for the sake of exterminating the Zone would inevitably fail, while Freedomers aren't exactly less insufferable antifas, but possibly even more - I mean they are literally the only faction ideologically against Ecologists, and that's only because they're gubmind and all gubmind is evil by default :DDDD

>>33141319
But Freedom _does_ have an ideology, and a strong one at that. While a more or less stupid one - "hurf durf let's open up the Zone so people will find out a way to destroy mankind using eldritch objects utterly trashing known laws of reality faster" - it is still an ideology they follow. Plus, Freedom is known for actually battling, they're not cowards, even if they are naive and stupid.
>>
Screw them both. Loner faction ftw
>>
File: 1kgnc1.png (563KB, 800x351px) Image search: [Google]
1kgnc1.png
563KB, 800x351px
>>33141356
desu this is a good analogy
>>
Clear Sky best Sky
>>
neither, praise the Monolith
>>
>>33137200
I remain Loner and run through their gunfights scavenging the bodies of their dead comrades to haul their shit back to a trader to sell. Also I'm not jewish irl
>>
>>33140691
Duty = /pol/
Freedom = /k/
>>
is 9x39mm good? also loner > dumb anarchists > /pol/ 1337 oper8rs
>>
>>33146233
9x39 is OP in the games but it has its downsides IRL, namely range. it's lethal out to over 500m but it's extremely difficult to land shots with it at over 200m and even 100m shots are challenging to make.
>>
>>33146183
>Freedom = /k/
loners fit /k/ much more, not pot smoking blood sucker lovers
>>
>>33146382
So all the ATF threads and trap love mean nothing to you in this instance? Or the guy finger banging the deer? Or how there are a lot of guys on here who look down on "gubmind" bootlickers?
>>
File: 1478042954770.jpg (53KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
1478042954770.jpg
53KB, 520x390px
>>33146407
traps are gay anon
besides most guys here fit the loner style not being a part of a faction
>>
>>33137200

Duty is an organization founded on lies and spineless cucks who couldn't fight their way out of a pocket dimension. Freedom is a bunch of lazy stoner hippie fucks who can't fight to save their life.

Monolith are all a bunch of hiveminded zombies

Everyone hates clear sky

The only true answer is loner
>>
File: monolith2.jpg (154KB, 681x1024px) Image search: [Google]
monolith2.jpg
154KB, 681x1024px
>>33139180
So what ? They own Pripyat and the Power Station now. They are pretty much Kings of the Hill in the Zone.
>>
>>33147184
>Freedom is a bunch of lazy stoner hippie fucks who can't fight to save their life.
Who is Yar
>>
File: 1275193707114.jpg (476KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1275193707114.jpg
476KB, 1600x1200px
>>33147184
>Freedom
>hippies
They are fucking anarchistic cannibals...
>>
File: zone4.png (689KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
zone4.png
689KB, 800x800px
Ecologists and Clear Sky have the best ideals, they just want to study it and see if any positivity can come from it and learning all they can before fucking around with it

Instead of being SJW teir Freedom
>>
>>33147407
Clear Sky's not trying to exploit the Zone, however. They see Zone as too dangerous for mankind to handle, being too much beyond our understanding. As such, they have the same intentions as Duty; undoing the Zone. However, that being said, they see Duty's methods as faulty (as they are) and only causing more damage by Zone's retaliation. Clear Sky instead studies the Zone to learn how mankind can coexist with it as a temporary solution, while trying to figure out how to undo the Zone scientifically.
>>
>>33137200
The Freedom is literally consist of libtards and weed smoking hippies, you figure
>>
>>33147184
Also Renegades are pretty shit tier, Merc's suck out every fun from the zone.
But you forgot the best faction the Bandit, the only Cheeki that do Breeki in the zone
>>
>>33147407
Clear Sky have best ideals, but they arent idealistic either like Freedom. And contrary to the ecologists, they are quite ok to shoot back and dont need to really on mercenaries to protect them.
They are quite literally the best faction in the Zone... When they were alive that is.
>>
>>33147407
how is the Bandits chatoic neutral? They literally the scum of the zone, robbin and killing everyone
>>
File: 1482821441740.jpg (53KB, 474x384px) Image search: [Google]
1482821441740.jpg
53KB, 474x384px
>>33148089
The fact that they don't have an agenda for the betterment or destruction of the world fits them in the middle.
>>
>>33148109
then why the Merc's are neutral evil? They don't have an agenda too, just doing for the money and for the keks
>>
>>33137200
Freedom. Duty is entirely too rigid for the Zone. Evidence has shown that, time and time again, no matter how skilled or prepared they may be, military units just get chewed the fuck up.

The only people that truly prosper are the Loners. The unconventional tactics, the light and rugged equipment, the grudging respect for the horrors they face, the careful observation of their environment and development of techniques to traverse and exploit it. This fits Freedom's methodology far more than Duty's.
>>
>>33147407
If anyone ever wanted to remake this, there's a far better Ecologist patch available.
>>
>>33147407
>merks
>evil
nigga they work for the highest bidder whats wrong with that.
>>
>>33137787
>Ukrainian military support

lmao
>>
>>33147184
>Everyone hates clear sky
How so? Not counting ecologists, they are the faction with the fewest enemies.
>>
>>33148118
I can see why they could be seen as evil from the Stalkers viewpoint.
>>
>>33146233
It drops fast with distance. But when it hits, it hits like a cannonball.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.